Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst 1234567891419242934 ... LastLast

Thread: The Palette (D18, 99 years leasehold, CDL)

Quote Originally Posted by eng81157
    not sure, i'm in two minds personally. considering to get a unit for staying but gut feeling is that it's gonna be sucky from an investment or rental viewpoint.

if don't stay, i have to compete with thousands of units for rental. throw in depreciation costs due to its leasehold status

Well, like many things in life, there will be trade-offs. You will have to decide based on the facts you gathered. But if you have very specific questions and I know the facts, I will be happy to share. You can PM me if you wish.

Quote Originally Posted by sotidy
    Well, like many things in life, there will be trade-offs. You will have to decide based on the facts you gathered. But if you have very specific questions and I know the facts, I will be happy to share. You can PM me if you wish.
    u noe the history of the land and how much cdl bot?

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    Well , even if it bought cheap , it not going to change the fact that it sell cheap . It depend on market value at this time . We have to said that CDL make a good investment on those pcs of land during that time. Same thing , if you bought a house 15 yr ago . Do you want to sell cheap because you bought it cheap.

It all about good investment at the right time . Same goes as buying a house . Who know what happen in the future . Now we said it is expensive , how about 10 yrs later ?

Quote Originally Posted by khatib855
    Well , even if it bought cheap , it not going to change the fact that it sell cheap . It depend on market value at this time . We have to said that CDL make a good investment on those pcs of land during that time. Same thing , if you bought a house 15 yr ago . Do you want to sell cheap because you bought it cheap.

It all about good investment at the right time . Same goes as buying a house . Who know what happen in the future . Now we said it is expensive , how about 10 yrs later ?
    my question dun have double meaning.....dun get defensive la brother!

my question dun have double meaning.....dun get defensive la brother!
    Nothing defensive , just stating the fact on the land price . Sorry Nothing do with your quote .

if the land was bought years ago, how much would the lease have lapsed? or does it countdown only when being developed for use?

if the land was bought years ago, how much would the lease have lapsed? or does it countdown only when being developed for use?
    developer can top up the lease back to 99lh before they launch it...

Some rumors saying its actually a fh land...

developer can top up the lease back to 99lh before they launch it...

Some rumors saying its actually a fh land...
    wah piang.....a la FEO

wah piang.....a la FEO
    hearsay only hor....

Got one agt told me tat a certain part of the entire land was actually under agricultural use purposes and cdl manage to convert it to residential.....as for the lease, i rmember tat agt told me its 99lh....but u noe la...agts words hor...

hearsay only hor....

Got one agt told me tat a certain part of the entire land was actually under agricultural use purposes and cdl manage to convert it to residential.....as for the lease, i rmember tat agt told me its 99lh....but u noe la...agts words hor...
    heh, maybe that part of the land is set aside of landscaping and the owners get to plant rice padis, kang kong or durian trees

Make the decision based on the facts and not the marketing. This is similar to other things in life. Whether the agent is honest or not has got nothing much to do with the project itself right? You buy the project, not buy the agent's words right?

u would be surprised how many were influenced by agents into purchasing units. they may not be the reason, but they can certainly tip the balance. for me, if i listen to the agent n what he says differs from what i know for certain, i will take the rest of his sales pitch with a pinch of salt, n that will affect my final decision.

yes, they have nothing to do with the project, but a lot to do with influencing buyer's decision. humans after all live on facts and opinions/impressions

Many condo owners there stay at nearby HDBs. Upon TOP they will rent out their HDBs. Investors will b competing w these HDBs for rental also.

hearsay only hor....

Yap , this is also what i heard . At that time , it was not meant to be for residences

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    Many condo owners there stay at nearby HDBs. Upon TOP they will rent out their HDBs. Investors will b competing w these HDBs for rental also.
    ok this one i goto clarify abit....ur nearby means in pasir ris? U noe y pasir ris such a small hdb estate can build so many pte condos and yet u see nv near sold out? Bcoz u look at their richer and bigger brother next door to them which is tampines! Tampines got vy vy few PC.....

It was FH, bought in the early 80s for close to nothing (10-20psf). As for my info source, I have deleted away for quite some time so please don't ask me to proof hor.

Quote Originally Posted by khatib855

Precisely. They have the ability to ride through the up and down and are now being rewarded.

For 99 year leasehold purchase from gov't, lease starts from the day gov't agrees to sell it.
    For 99 year leasehold purchase via enbloc, developer will usually have to pay a DC and top-up lease back to 99 years and the lease starts from the day they top-up.
    ....etc...

Quote Originally Posted by gav108
    u would be surprised how many were influenced by agents into purchasing units. they may not be the reason, but they can certainly tip the balance. for me, if i listen to the agent n what he says differs from what i know for certain, i will take the rest of his sales pitch with a pinch of salt, n that will affect my final decision.

yes, they have nothing to do with the project, but a lot to do with influencing buyer's decision. humans after all live on facts and opinions/impressions

Yup agree with you. Usually I shut off 99% of what they say. Even for things like have west sun or no west sun, better go do a field trip to see for yourself. We all know the map (North South East West) CAN BE drawn to make it look more favourable. Go do some site visits and take reference from neighbouring blocks and trees is the best.

not sure, i'm in two minds personally. considering to get a unit for staying but gut feeling is that it's gonna be sucky from an investment or rental viewpoint.

if don't stay, i have to compete with thousands of units for rental. throw in depreciation costs due to its leasehold status
    Not sure if I am qualified to advise but I think you need to consider two major factors:
    i) the real reasons why you want to buy
    ii) whether you can comfortably afford it.

i) Personal reasons can be: Near parents, near workplace, prefer the area, children in the area, save time/effort (as primarily you hang around east side more), desire to change environment
    Universal reasons can be: good location, good pricing, rental potential, investment potential etc.
    --> Of course ideally if you can find a project with all the above reasons, then you should quickly throw out a cheque =)
    ii) To some people, 1mil condo is about 2 years family income. So what risk is there to this group of people? They usually have multiple properties and not reliant on rental income to hold on to their properties. On the other hand, there ARE people who committed >15 years family income. This group probably can't comfortably afford it.

ok this one i goto clarify abit....ur nearby means in pasir ris? U noe y pasir ris such a small hdb estate can build so many pte condos and yet u see nv near sold out? Bcoz u look at their richer and bigger brother next door to them which is tampines! Tampines got vy vy few PC.....
    Tampines:
    Pinevale - lease commencement appx 1997 - Go check out the price (typically >700psf)
    Eden - lease commencement appx 2000 - Go check out the price (typically >700psf)
    Arc (new EC) - ave psf 730.

Simei:
    Even worse (more expensive)

Tanah Merah:
    Lagi worse (and near the MRT has nothing)

Bedok:
    Lagi lagi worse (much more expensive)

I look at northeast as nearby estates, bcoz they r quite far from city center, n sliced by e expressway. Who will rent tt area?

well, those who buy the palette are mostly HDB upgraders who would like their children to enjoy the wonderful facilities. it'll be very family oriented....

i am a single guy and such developments scare me. it scares me because 892 units of screaming children? and i pay all that maintenance so the cute lil' ones can play the flying fox and pee in the wading pool? hehehhe

that said, it'll be a good buy for young families esp downtown east, pasir ris beach all around the corner. the only drawback is you gotta spend a lot on fuel if you drive since it's really quite far east....

Yeah..madness

Didnt know this land is so big. Can build so many units.
    Like some forumer said, if the midst can build a mall/small interchange,etc to serve the exclusive residents, sale will really pick up. CDL failed in this area. Not innovative at all. Rebuild the showroom 3 times and yet come out with so so design, almost identical concept, how to attract buyers Throw-in a common garden, connecting park etc, ma ma shop also can, lah

Quote Originally Posted by 3C
    Didnt know this land is so big. Can build so many units.
    Like some forumer said, if the midst can build a mall/small interchange,etc to serve the exclusive residents, sale will really pick up. CDL failed in this area. Not innovative at all. Rebuild the showroom 3 times and yet come out with so so design, almost identical concept, how to attract buyers Throw-in a common garden, connecting park etc, ma ma shop also can, lah
    Projects usually go by GFA...so up to developer to split. So if CDL wants to build all MM, 1400 units for Palette's plot of land is also possible. CDL has hospitality business and property development business. For mass market property development, it is a volume business...so what and where is the incentive to put in the extra effort? This is not South Beach or W Residences project lor. But having said that, when priced suitably, the take-up rate for this project will still be decent.

Projects usually go by GFA...so up to developer to split. So if CDL wants to build all MM, 1400 units for Palette's plot of land is also possible. CDL has hospitality business and property development business. For mass market property development, it is a volume business...so what and where is the incentive to put in the extra effort? This is not South Beach or W Residences project lor. But having said that, when priced suitably, the take-up rate for this project will still be decent.
    Actually, if you have been following the building industry (btw I am not in the building nor property nor construction industry), there were some innovations.
    1. Bay window. Yah...most people know the existence of bay windows is for developers to take advantage of the GFA exemption policy granted by BCA between appx 2000 to 2009. But do you know not all bay windows are the same? Some are more usable than others. How?
    2. Floor storage (patent in progress by CDL). First seen in NV and later in H20 and now in Palette. So what is the pros and cons of this? You gain the floor storage but what do you lose out?

Hear from reliable tip PALETTE IS SIMPLY RSRH aka REN SHAN REN HAI aka PEOPLE MOUNTAIN PEOPLE SEA.
    Affordable means small

Quote Originally Posted by yjcai
    Hear from reliable tip PALETTE IS SIMPLY RSRH aka REN SHAN REN HAI aka PEOPLE MOUNTAIN PEOPLE SEA.
    Passby there today during a very heavy downpour. Don't really see any REN unless all the REN inside the showflat.

you go wrong time? downfall how can pple chiong in from open area? I think is after the rain or before. I also heard many pple mountain pple sea

Passby there today during a very heavy downpour. Don't really see any REN unless all the REN inside the showflat.
    Was there in the afternoon downpour. Less crowded than morning as what the agent told me, but to me when I was there it already felt crowded enough. A couple 2 and 2+1BR stacks were sold out by lunchtime (mind you, each stack has 14 floors each!) Cos its location to mrt, selling like hotcakes!

2BR(743 sqft) lousy facing low floor about $680k
    2BR(743 sqft) pool facing mid floor about $730k

2+1BR(883sqft) standard view low floor (3rd floor) about $760k