Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Katong mall

Quote Originally Posted by tkc2263
    Kid me not? Have you ever been caught in the jam at the junction of Mountbatten Road and Joo Chiat Road on normal days? Try driving there and you will know what I mean.

The fact that you have lots of junctions and side roads, no doubt more organised, results in bottlenecks.

I can imagine how much traffic jams it will create, assuming the number of car park lots, car park entry and exit remain status quo.

With Coralis, The Sound, Mountbatten Suites and the church goers there, its gonna be a BIG nightmare.

My worth..
    as much as i hate to admit, this is true

Don't forget the SeaWind - that's nice too. But adds to the traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by eng81157
    as much as i hate to admit, this is true
    To me it is not worse than any other place in Singapore. As long as you know how to drive to where you need to go it is not too bad. Ever tried Cairnhill, Novena, 6th Avenue and Bukit Timah Road at the wrong time of the day? East Coast road is a mess with all the cars parked there and people looking for a spot to park, but it is not jammed...

Quote Originally Posted by gn108
    Don't forget the SeaWind - that's nice too. But adds to the traffic.
    SeaWind is not even close to the area. That one is in TK.

revamp of Marine Parade central will be something which will be annouced in 1 - 2 years times. That is exciting.

For those of you who want some cheap action in the east, try TK.

With the new commercial/ residential projects such as heritage East & Vibes (which will easily add 60+ shops to that area) as well as the new shops popping up along east coast road, TK (Lor N/ M) and St PAtrick's area will be buzzing with life.

Add a MRT annoucment near there and you will probably get a 30% appreciation.

What do you guys think of the St Patrick's area?

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine23
    revamp of Marine Parade central will be something which will be annouced in 1 - 2 years times. That is exciting.

For those of you who want some cheap action in the east, try TK.

With the new commercial/ residential projects such as heritage East & Vibes (which will easily add 60+ shops to that area) as well as the new shops popping up along east coast road, TK (Lor N/ M) and St PAtrick's area will be buzzing with life.

Add a MRT annoucment near there and you will probably get a 30% appreciation.

Quote Originally Posted by clemdale
    Grand Duchess
    beautiful

St Patrick is a great area. Go for St Patrick's Loft, Grand Duchess, Tierra Vue...

I think so too. How are the prices compared to the marine parade area now?

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine23
    St Patrick is a great area. Go for St Patrick's Loft, Grand Duchess, Tierra Vue...

I think so too. How are the prices compared to the marine parade area now?
    UOL just acquired St Patrick Lodge for enbloc at $172 million a few days ago just after government announcement of 10% ABSD stamp duty on foreigners. It seems the big developers are bent on maintaining the price psf for District 15.

Imagine what will be the launch price for a new low floor condo at St Patrick Lodge old site ?? My bet around $1500-1600 psf. As well as the new condos coming out soon next year in Amber/Marine Parade will be close to $2000psf

As i mentioned earlier those condos which will be badly hit by the new law will be the top district 9 and 10, and city areas especially those with psf of $3500-5000psf. They have to lower psf to attract foreign buyers. But east side condos with price around $1500-$2500psf are priced to sell especially those with freehold titles.

Should be St Patrick's Gardens, not St Patrick's Lodge.

Cannot agree with you more that the launch price will hit around the $1500 psf level with freehold status. St Patrick is a serene area to live compared to the overbuilt Amber Rd area.

With the future Telok Kurau MRT station likely to be situated within short walking distance from the St Patrick condos development and with more F & B coming up in the adjacent East Coast Rd/Telok Kurau N vicinity, the UOL project will definitely be a sell out, especially smaller units.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    UOL just acquired St Patrick Lodge for enbloc at $172 million a few days ago just after government announcement of 10% ABSD stamp duty on foreigners. It seems the big developers are bent on maintaining the price psf for District 15.

Imagine what will be the launch price for a new low floor condo at St Patrick Lodge old site ?? My bet around $1500-1600 psf. As well as the new condos coming out soon next year in Amber/Marine Parade will be close to $2000psf

As i mentioned earlier those condos which will be badly hit by the new law will be the top district 9 and 10, and city areas especially those with psf of $3500-5000psf. They have to lower psf to attract foreign buyers. But east side condos with price around $1500-$2500psf are priced to sell especially those with freehold titles.
    R u agent?

Went to 112 Katong today.
    Spent $50 or more and can get $2 off carpark rate.
    Strange thing is that they don't give u a complimentary carpark exit coupon.
    I was at Challenger, they just minus $2 off the bill.
    Was thinking if did not park there but drove and they asked if you drove, and you said yes, then they will just minus $2 from your bill!

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    Went to 112 Katong today.
    Spent $50 or more and can get $2 off carpark rate.
    Strange thing is that they don't give u a complimentary carpark exit coupon.
    I was at Challenger, they just minus $2 off the bill.
    Was thinking if did not park there but drove and they asked if you drove, and you said yes, then they will just minus $2 from your bill!

Thats for challenger only la.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcmillineum

Thats for challenger only la.
    So for other outlets no parking rebate?
    Or do they issue you with parking exit coupon?

terrible mall, small , cramped, dark, irregular shapes, same route for taxi/car to get in, only thing is cinema and a few cafes ...really disappointing ... Changi City point is 10X better
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    terrible mall, small , cramped, dark, irregular shapes, same route for taxi/car to get in, only thing is cinema and a few cafes ...really disappointing ... Changi City point is 10X better
    Mostly eateries I heard. I like small air-con malls with medium-sized (around 500-2000 sqft) shops that sell that things I usually need e.g.

Supermarket, Food-court, Electronics, Clothings, ATM and AXS machines, Mailbox, Confectionery.

Plus parking lots beside it. Like those in Jurong West.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    I prefer 112 Katong to Changi City Point.

112 Katong has different types of food, unlike Changi City Point which has food that are similar to most other malls.

112 Katong got free valet parking, in case it gets crowded and has 2 levels of carpark.

Changi City Point has only 1 level of carpark.
    I was disappointed with Changi City Point.

Both mall cmi actually.....nothing much to shop.....go there makan and buy groceries ok lor...

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    Both mall cmi actually.....nothing much to shop.....go there makan and buy groceries ok lor...
    You are right.

At least 112 Katong is accessible to residents.
    People who go along Katong to eat or send kids for enrichment lessons can drop by there.

Changi City Point is so out of the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    UOL just acquired St Patrick Lodge for enbloc at $172 million a few days ago just after government announcement of 10% ABSD stamp duty on foreigners. It seems the big developers are bent on maintaining the price psf for District 15..
    Hi Shawn
    what is the psf ppr like?

You are right.

At least 112 Katong is accessible to residents.
    People who go along Katong to eat or send kids for enrichment lessons can drop by there.

Changi City Point is so out of the way.
    I aso tot changi pt will be quite empty during wkends....but den long queue to enter carpark.....zzzzzzzz

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    I aso tot changi pt will be quite empty during wkends....but den long queue to enter carpark.....zzzzzzzz
    Different comparison between Katong Mall and Changi. The Katong one isn't the only mall there, but is an addition to all the malls/eateries/shophouses in that area of Marine Parade. Coming up next is the redevelopment of Roxy and Paramount Hotel and Shopping Centre.

I'm worried for the tenants at katong mall leh.
    Was there this afternoon and it seems like a lot of shops, especially ladies fashion, are very quiet! one of them even have buy one get one free promotion , which appears to me as a desperate measure to clear stocks.

heard from a staf from ZTP chinese medicine shop saying sales very very bad too...

So I wonder what went wrong with the retail and if the tenants can survive like that!

So sad.

Makan places seems to be doing fine though....

Quote Originally Posted by Piglet
    I'm worried for the tenants at katong mall leh.
    Was there this afternoon and it seems like a lot of shops, especially ladies fashion, are very quiet! one of them even have buy one get one free promotion , which appears to me as a desperate measure to clear stocks.

heard from a staf from ZTP chinese medicine shop saying sales very very bad too...

So I wonder what went wrong with the retail and if the tenants can survive like that!

So sad.

Makan places seems to be doing fine though....
    I also just returned from 112 after dinner.
    Yup, agree with you that other than the shops selling food, the rest don't seem to have many customers.

Parkway Parade still has better mix of shops. Difficult to beat compete.

I also just returned from 112 after dinner.
    Yup, agree with you that other than the shops selling food, the rest don't seem to have many customers.
    I am starting to really believe that spot of land is cursed with bad fengshui. Nothing ever flourish there.

Katong mall not all that negative
    1)there a gv cinema, great for mid nite movie
    2) raffles medical clinic ..great for me . I had to go siglap in the past.
    3) it push up ppty price
    4) the eateries quite ok, but just a tat pricey
    5) shops quite crappy...i must admit
    6) the toast box operate until 4am , great for mid nite snack after movie
    7) it made surrounding traffic a nightmare . It be worst after psb and coralis top
    8) carpk r forever full.

Quote Originally Posted by marktkt22
    Katong mall not all that negative
    1)there a gv cinema, great for mid nite movie
    2) raffles medical clinic ..great for me . I had to go siglap in the past.
    3) it push up ppty price
    4) the eateries quite ok, but just a tat pricey
    5) shops quite crappy...i must admit
    6) the toast box operate until 4am , great for mid nite snack after movie
    7) it made surrounding traffic a nightmare . It be worst after psb and coralis top
    8) carpk r forever full.
    Should have just build multistorey carpark come one level of eateries plus one level cinema. Done.

Great idea

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    Should have just build multistorey carpark come one level of eateries plus one level cinema. Done.

Like the little retail space opposite Katong Church ...Lau's Arcade.
    Most famous was the illegal gambling in the consulate...damn farny.
    Now it's residential ....

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    I am starting to really believe that spot of land is cursed with bad fengshui. Nothing ever flourish there.