Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Katong mall

That building got some paranormal thing also going on right? At one time it was painted either blue or green for some fengshui reason to ward off the "dirty" things. That was years ago... anyone remember?

Quote Originally Posted by gn108
    Like the little retail space opposite Katong Church ...Lau's Arcade.
    Most famous was the illegal gambling in the consulate...damn farny.
    Now it's residential ....

Quote Originally Posted by howgozit
    That building got some paranormal thing also going on right? At one time it was painted either blue or green for some fengshui reason to ward off the "dirty" things. That was years ago... anyone remember?
    Yes. recall that it was some jarring colors...

whats going to happen to Katong Shopping Center? Anyone knows?
    Its already enbloc right? What are the going to build there? Condo? Shopping mall?

From wikipedia
    As of August 2011, the mall is in the beginning of its final phase of en bloc sales, slated to be completed in mid 2012.

got meh? katong shopping centre enbloc? i doubt so,

its in wikipedia leh.....enbloc since jan 2010....thats why i'm confused cos i couldnt find anything relating to that anywhere else. but it looks kind of old and dilipidated....

Heard haven't got majority of owners to agree yet

i12 seems to be thriving well thus far... alas a successful revival from the old katong mall. It has quite a number of local favourites which PP didnt have ie. Toastbox, DingTaiFeng and Honeymoon Desserts which always have long queues...

But now PP is back with its most recent revamp! The new food court is very posh and somehow gave me the similar 'peranakan' feel as i12... On top of that, they have now brought in Toastbox, Honeymoon Desserts, ThaiExpress...... Will it give i12 a run for its money? Check out the new PP Basement 1...

Nevertheless, thats good news for all D15 folks.. more varieties, more choices

Attachment 4919

Quote Originally Posted by zeamybro
    i12 seems to be thriving well thus far... alas a successful revival from the old katong mall. It has quite a number of local favourites which PP didnt have ie. Toastbox, DingTaiFeng and Honeymoon Desserts which always have long queues...

But now PP is back with its most recent revamp! The new food court is very posh and somehow gave me the similar 'peranakan' feel as i12... On top of that, they have now brought in Toastbox, Honeymoon Desserts, ThaiExpress...... Will it give i12 a run for its money? Check out the new PP Basement 1...

Attachment 4919
    Is the mee rubus, meesiam, curry chicken stall still operating a stall?

Quote Originally Posted by leesg123
    Oh ya, i didnt notice .... will keep a look out again later this evening.

By the way, HANS also invaded PP...

Talking

[quote=zeamybro]i12 seems to be thriving well thus far... alas a successful revival from the old katong mall. It has quite a number of local favourites which PP didnt have ie. Toastbox, DingTaiFeng and Honeymoon Desserts which always have long queues...

Yipee! Last week, still not opened...

Quote Originally Posted by jbtay
    yeah i waited till my neck v long also... finally .........

Quote Originally Posted by leesg123
    Leesg .. Unfortunately the laska and chicken curry stall no more... An auntie walking in front of me also searching for it, and walked away disappointed.

Check out the former fish n co premise, an exciting revamp

[quote=jbtay]

posh means more $$$ to pay

Heard mini steamboat moved upstairs already. Anybody dine there yet?

Quote Originally Posted by bakasa2002
    Heard mini steamboat moved upstairs already. Anybody dine there yet?
    I dined at Kenny rogers just now. Din see the mini pot. But I saw Thai express, DingTaiFeng and a PApa-duno-wat, not in operation yet, but selling meesiam, laksa, nasilemak etc wondering if its from the same boss as the old food court one

[QUOTE=jbtay]

Perhaps it's time for katong shopping centre to go for a complete revamp..
    It's certainly an eyesore now...