Thread: Park infinia vs viva

Default Park infinia vs viva

Owners of park infinia seem to be sitting on a gold mine, with apartments fetching 1800 psf. But with so many apartments being available for rent from next year, not sure if PI will still be a hot favorite for expats.

Viva is commanding lower psf, but with literally half the land size of PI. Not sure if it's a good buy. Can't seem to imagine myself living in Lucida or ten at Suffolk, no much room to move once you get out of your apartment. And pools are sized for munchkins.

btw anyone can tell if the monsoon drain next to PI overflows?

had a friend in neighboring country - condo carpark basement overflowed because river embankment broke after many years.

river view was great then

overall am thinking what would i prefer to be best condo since we are spoilt with choices

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Yes it did. The road next to it was badly flooded.

Quote Originally Posted by dmonddd
    btw anyone can tell if the monsoon drain next to PI overflows?

Quote Originally Posted by Buying?
    Owners of park infinia seem to be sitting on a gold mine, with apartments fetching 1800 psf. But with so many apartments being available for rent from next year, not sure if PI will still be a hot favorite for expats.

Viva is commanding lower psf, but with literally half the land size of PI. Not sure if it's a good buy. Can't seem to imagine myself living in Lucida or ten at Suffolk, no much room to move once you get out of your apartment. And pools are sized for munchkins.
    if viva lower psf and yet similar quantum and floor level....i wud say go for viva.....can try offering 100psf above their launch px...hehehe mabe able to find despo sellers...gd luck.

Prices remained strong for both projects based on Oct transactions. 11th floor 1001 sqft at PI sold for $1900psf; 23rd flr 1529 sqft at Viva changed hands at $2007 psf. Based on recent transactions and similar sizes, I feel that the market is pricing Viva higher than PI.

Maybe viva demanding higher because of 'new condo' mentality. I know it will be better rental wise, because it overshadows PI and it's 'next to' united square location. Reminds me of the condo next to parkway parade.

Good idea on offering 100 psf above the launch price. Last I checked, wah so many apartments at viva for sale. Can nego better and more competition.

But my children already eye the big pool at PI, now viva also better have similar sized pool.

Anyone have any idea what the good stacks are at viva. I see quite big price differences for the 1335 sqft apartments.

is completion on track?

i always have concern for projects who are slower esp those done by top developers. quality may be great or may not be.

Anyone have any idea what the good stacks are at viva. I see quite big price differences for the 1335 sqft apartments.
    any non west sun poolview will do

Wondering why stack 11 is demanding 1700 psf. Anything wrong with it. Which ones are the pool view with noon sun?

Wondering why stack 11 is demanding 1700 psf. Anything wrong with it. Which ones are the pool view with noon sun?
    http://www.singaporeexpats.com/housi...-plan-VIVA.htm

stk 11 got west sun and no view...tats y cheapest hehehe...but if can get close to 1600psf....can consider leh

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    http://www.singaporeexpats.com/housi...-plan-VIVA.htm

stk 11 got west sun and no view...tats y cheapest hehehe...but if can get close to 1600psf....can consider leh
    Think stack 7 is the best stack. Away from the main road.

Thought I heard stack 9,10,11 are the best, cos they are really quiet. I think stack 11 asking for 1680 psf. Quite okay.

But for a big price difference, compared to other stacks. The others can ask for as much as 1800 psf.

Also do go to actual site to get an estimation of the actual facing of the different stacks.

Should drop by on site to take a look. Just walked around the site today. The stack (3) that is facing the CTE will likely be noisy and is very close to the road. The low floor of the 2 room stack may be partially blocked by the church and also by Lucida which is almost 30 storey tall.
    The stack 11 is directly facing the central stacks and all the rooms and balcony appear to be blocked and very very close to these central stacks
    The aircons vents seem very close to balconies for some of the stacks.
    The stacks directly facing united square carpark may have the best pool view.

Well because the sizes of the apartment you are after determines the stack it is a bit tough. Apparently if you are after the 3 bedroom, then stack 11 is what you end up with. The 1044 sqft is stack 5,6 which is behind the 7 ans 8 stacks, those are behind the clubhouse. The ones that face united square are the 3 bedroom and 3+ 1. Not much options. You are tied to the size of house you are after. Thinking that perhaps you can get ones facing the main road, but on a very very high floor.

Default quality at viva feels better than infinia

visited Viva unit few days ago. quite good finishes, better than park infinia quality

interior feels like "cosmopolitan", similar style - facilities are on par with park infinia

some photos and more details available via our facebook page for viva condo
    http://www.facebook.com/VivaCondoNovena
    Singapore Property Agents
    Facebook [ Like ]
    Twitter [ Follow ]
    LinkedIn [ urm .. Link? ]

On PI - layout is decent and you can always improve the place to your liking. The 3-br units are nice...with poolview means no West Sun. Blk 2 I think is the best.

Lots of Jap/Korean renters ..so decent for yield.
    I reckon it's the biggest plot in Newton - so lots of landscaping.

Hospital and disease center zone and very very cluttered and dense area - so not good for own-stay unless u die die must stay near hospital or got no car and need MRT station. PI quality of finishing is worse than EC. Not sure about Viva - could be better though because nothing could be worse than PI.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    Hospital and disease center zone and very very cluttered and dense area - so not good for own-stay unless u die die must stay near hospital or got no car and need MRT station. PI quality of finishing is worse than EC. Not sure about Viva - could be better though because nothing could be worse than PI.
    You have raised a hotly debated issue (in many other previous threads elsewhere in this forum, see Soleil thread) regarding condos in Novena, particularly the "fongshui" to be surrounded by hospitals.

Another debate some years ago was whether condos in Newton side (Trighlight, Evelyn Residences etc) should be worth more than condos in the Novena side (PI, Viva, etc).

But statistics for the past 3 years showed that Condos on the Novena side (PI, Viva) have shot up more than the newton side. Take a look at the 3 and 4 roomers, Low floors for 4 roomers at Viva are asking for $1900pfs and above while trilight low floors are asking for $1750 and above. PI 3 roomers low to high floor ($1750- $2000), Evelyn hovering around $1700-1800pfs.

Have not visited Viva yet, but based on my various viewings of most of the condos in the novena and newton belt, "nothing could be worse than PI" is not an accurate statement. The transacted and rental prices at PI speak for themselves. Think many investors would be surprised by the performace of PI. It has outshone Residences@ evelyn.