actually how does the flood alert system works? by human observation or this there an electronic device that detects the water level? If it's the first time at Varsity Park, then chances are they didn't install those devices there.
residents at Varsity Park must be worred sick by the flooding problem. very soon some lady will begin to film flooding situations and use it as evidence to convince the government to do something to stop the flooding, so that prices of the condo will not go down.
but what can be done? elevate the entire stretch of west coast road? but that would push flood waters to nearby condos.
Along the entire stretch of west coast, the lowest is the NUS and the PSA area. The rest are relatively higher and safe from flooding. So your condo is safe.
Originally Posted by stalingrad
They should start planning something to protect whole of singapore
Very heavy rain this evening.., flooding.?
We have Thailand suffering from its most severe flood in 50 years. This is probably caused by more intense El-Nino Southern Oscillation (in line with what I mentioned about similar phenomena about 1 year ago).
I expect the monsoon to be more severe here end of this year and in the next few years, so you will need to rule out many places also.
After which Singapore will switch to very hot and dry. However we are cutting down mature trees now and building more heat absorbing concrete and air-conditioned mega structures. It will be quite exhausting for outdoor activities and commuting by walking.
we might consider investing into jet-skis as our alternative mode of transportation if there are frequent floods here...
From PUB website, list of flood prone areas in Singapore... ( think these are proven areas, should have more that are not updated...)
1. Hong Kah area
2. First Lok Yang Road/ International Road/ Benoi Road
3. Second Chin Bee Road
4. Boon Lay Drive/Boon Lay Way
5. Jalan Buroh
6.* Jurong Port Road
7.* Benoi Sector
8. Old Lim Chu Kang / Jalan Murai
9. Sungei Tengah Agrotechnology Park
10. Commonwealth Ave / Commonwealth Drive / Queensway
11. Jalan Mat Jambol
12. Bukit Timah Rd/Wilby Road
13. Neo Pee Teck Lane/ Pasir Panjang
14. Jalan Haji Alias/ Coronation Road
15. Nee Soon Road
16. Jalan Ulu Seletar
17. Admiralty Road West near Sembawang shipyard
18. Meng Suan Road
19. Clover Park Estate
20. Marymount Lane / Marymount Road
21. Jalan Taman
22. Stevens Rd/Balmoral Rd
23. Farrer Park Area (including Thomson Road / Derbyshire Road)
24. Waterloo St / Albert St / Bencoolen St / Prinsep Street
25. Jalan Besar Area
26. King George's Avenue (People's Association HQ)
27. CTE near Slip Road to Moulmein Road
28.* Lincoln Rd/Surrey Rd
29.* Ah Hood Rd
30. Arab St/Rochor Canal
31. Jalan Mashor
32. Delta Road/ River Valley Road/Delta Avenue
33. Alexandra Road / Jervois Road/ Bishopsgate Road
34. Lower Delta Road / Alexandra Road
35. Leng Kee Road
36. Cheang Wan Seng Place
37. Beach Road
38. Margaret Drive/Tanglin Road
39. Cantonment Link/Keppel Road
40. Viking Road
41. South Bridge Rd/North Canal Rd/Upp Hokien St/Upp Pickering St
42. Indus Road
43. Kim Tian Road/Tiong Bahru Road
44. Tanglin Rd/Rochalie Drive
45. Zion Rd (Boys' Brigade HQ)
46. Delta Ave (APSN Delta Senior School)
47. Langsat Road Area
48. Rose Lane/Dunman Road
49. Sennett Estate (Puay Hee Ave, Siang Kuang Ave, Wan Tho Ave, Jln Kemboja, Mulberry Ave and Jln Wangi)
50. Meyer Road / Fort Road / Arthur Road / Margate Road / Ramsgate Road
51. Jalan Seaview/Tanjong Katong Rd South
52. Jalan Gembira
53. Jalan Benaan Kapal
54. Lowland Rd
55. Service road off Tampines Road (near Jalan Teliti)
56. Lorong Buangkok
57. Pasir Ris Farmway 2
58. Mimosa Walk
59. Mindef’s Changi Camp off Farnborough Road
60. Upper East Coast Road (near Bayshore Road)
61. Bedok South Rd/Bedok South Ave 1
62. Chin Cheng Ave
63. Lorong H Telok Kurau near Siglap Canal
64. Lorong L Telok Kurau
65. Upp East Coast Rd (junction with Parbury Avenue)
66. New Upper Changi Rd (Chye Heng Garden)
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure accuracy in the information provided in this web-site, the Government/PUB cannot accept, and hereby disclaim, legal liability for every loss or damage howsoever occasioned, arising out of any error in the information in this web-site, whether such error is deliberate or otherwise, and whether or not there was any deliberate act or omission which resulted in such error.
What do you mean by 'flood prone'? It's supposed to be once in 50 years event! PUB is indirectly slapping ex-Minister of MEWR in the face.