Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pristine Heights at 77 Mergui Road

Curious Guest

Quote Originally Posted by iridrium

Below are not directed at anyone but strict my personal opinion. I extend my apologies if I inadvertably offended someone here.

It is probably a bit late to make a comment here but I was down at the showflat and in my humble opinion , it is the worst showflat I ever been to.I was flabbergasted at the poor design, crap quality of material used, non-existence ID of the development. The marble used on the floor looks fake and even if they are marble, they are probably inferior marble. Rooms are extremely small, if you look at the picture of the bedroom in the previous post, you will see the headboard area facing the window. The reason for this werid design is because there is no other space to place the bed!!! I kid you not.Kitchen and toilets are so tiny and the finishes are quite bad.

It was extremely disconcerting to find out that development sold 95% in three weeks (only left 4 units) at avg $1,000psf. Flip open the poorly done-up brochure and you will find ridiculous use of words in the brochure, words like ’slumber in vogue’ (huh???) on the page showing the bedroom and ‘delectable sustenance’ (double huh????) on the page showing the kitchen.

It is really quite a waste of a good piece of land because the location is pretty good that is not too near to the expressway. Mergui sites will be too near, too noisy. Pity.

My personal opinion. No offense.

1,356sqft 3-bedder small meh?

Quote Originally Posted by Curious
    1,356sqft 3-bedder small meh?
    It is one thing to look at the size and another to look at how the developer calculates the 1,356sq ft. If the developer give u large planter, pes, bay window, roof terrace, air con ledge and weird corner and layout, it will drastically reduce your usable area.

Curious Guest

It is one thing to look at the size and another to look at how the developer calculates the 1,356sq ft. If the developer give u large planter, pes, bay window, roof terrace, air con ledge and weird corner and layout, it will drastically reduce your usable area.
    1,356sqft with 2 balconies and no other PES looks OK lah.

Quote Originally Posted by Curious
    1,356sqft with 2 balconies and no other PES looks OK lah.

Well, the point is...You can get unit with better layout, better design,better finishes elsewhere leh. Why spend so much and later you discover you are buying a lemon.

It is really not as fantastic as mentioned in the earlier posting. I wonder why the earlier posting about the development was so good.

Strictly my point of view.

hahahahaa Guest

Below are not directed at anyone but strict my personal opinion. I extend my apologies if I inadvertably offended someone here.

It is probably a bit late to make a comment here but I was down at the showflat and in my humble opinion , it is the worst showflat I ever been to.I was flabbergasted at the poor design, crap quality of material used, non-existence ID of the development. The marble used on the floor looks fake and even if they are marble, they are probably inferior marble. Rooms are extremely small, if you look at the picture of the bedroom in the previous post, you will see the headboard area facing the window. The reason for this werid design is because there is no other space to place the bed!!! I kid you not.Kitchen and toilets are so tiny and the finishes are quite bad.

It was extremely disconcerting to find out that development sold 95% in three weeks (only left 4 units) at avg $1,000psf. Flip open the poorly done-up brochure and you will find ridiculous use of words in the brochure, words like ’slumber in vogue’ (huh???) on the page showing the bedroom and ‘delectable sustenance’ (double huh????) on the page showing the kitchen.

It is really quite a waste of a good piece of land because the location is pretty good that is not too near to the expressway. Mergui sites will be too near, too noisy. Pity.

typical promotional literature from CHEENA local company.

the ****ing towkays don't know english, they just hire someone to anyhow bomb.

Unregistered2 Guest

Thanks for sharing. Your feedback will be useful to potential buyers.

Unreg¡stered Guest

Well, the point is...You can get unit with better layout, better design,better finishes elsewhere leh. Why spend so much and later you discover you are buying a lemon.

It is really not as fantastic as mentioned in the earlier posting. I wonder why the earlier posting about the development was so good.

Strictly my point of view.
    If got freehold condo in/near town and yet cheaper than Pristine Heights, of course you should buy that condo. Can go find and let us know which one. Thanks.

Unregisteredzzz Guest

the closest should be boon keng or balestier area. someone just started the beacon thread. selling at $800+ psf, 999 years to be launched this weekend.

Unregistered222 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregisteredzzz
    the closest should be boon keng or balestier area. someone just started the beacon thread. selling at $800+ psf, 999 years to be launched this weekend.
    boon keng should be a better choice even though it is surrounded by commercial buildings.

corny name Guest

PRISTINE HEIGHTS is such a corny name... could only be conceived by a cheena towkay

Unregistered567 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by corny name
    PRISTINE HEIGHTS is such a corny name... could only be conceived by a cheena towkay
    you want to marry the towkay? why care so much? don't want to buy then don't buy

pulatdoi Guest

Default Look what i've found here!

Curious Guest

Quote Originally Posted by pulatdoi
    What has Credit Cards got to do with Pristine Heights?

mr ƒunny Guest

Default Collective Sale Back On Track After SLA Appeal

The Straits Times
    Sep 30, 2008 Tuesday

Thomson collective sale back on track after SLA appeal

THE collective sale of five small estates in Thomson Road is back on track after getting stalled two months ago.

An appeal by buyers Mergui Development has been granted by the Singapore Land Authority (SLA), to reduce the price of a 1,000 sq m section of a road needed for redeveloping the project.

Developer KSH Holdings, the parent company of a firm in the Mergui Development consortium, told the Singapore Exchange yesterday that the SLA had cut the land premium payable from $16.74 million to $8.37 million.

KSH project manager Richard Tham said the SLA's revised offer was more in line with the price 'initially expected'. The buyers were caught off guard by the initial $16.74 million land premium, which is believed to have delayed the completion of the $120 million sale.

Owners at the five estates - Norfolk Court, Mergui Lodge, Northern Mansion, Mergui Court and The Mergui - were said to be considering walking away with the 10 per cent deposit of $12 million because buyers had failed to complete the sale, despite a two-month deadline extension.

Both sides have since agreed on a deadline extension until November, but this involved paying a further $3 million deposit to the 88 sellers.

The SLA said it had originally priced the land 'similar to that offered by the developer to the existing land owners along Mergui Road'. However, on review, it noted the land had some development constraints and considered the revised price 'in order to facilitate the development proposal'.

Mergui Development is a joint venture between Bursa-listed IOI Properties unit Multi Wealth Singapore, a local private firm LBH, and KSH unit Kim Seng Heng Realty, which holds 35 per cent.

The strip of land is needed so the five estates near Rangoon and Moulmein roads can be combined and developed into one project. This will give a land area of 74,355 sq ft and a gross floor area of 208,196 sq ft. It will allow a high-rise block with about 140 luxury flats each measuring 1,250 sq ft on average.

JESSICA CHEAM

Unreg¡stered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mr funny
    The Straits Times
    Sep 30, 2008 Tuesday

THE collective sale of five small estates in Thomson Road is back on track after getting stalled two months ago.

An appeal by buyers Mergui Development has been granted by the Singapore Land Authority (SLA), to reduce the price of a 1,000 sq m section of a road needed for redeveloping the project.

Developer KSH Holdings, the parent company of a firm in the Mergui Development consortium, told the Singapore Exchange yesterday that the SLA had cut the land premium payable from $16.74 million to $8.37 million.

KSH project manager Richard Tham said the SLA's revised offer was more in line with the price 'initially expected'. The buyers were caught off guard by the initial $16.74 million land premium, which is believed to have delayed the completion of the $120 million sale.

Owners at the five estates - Norfolk Court, Mergui Lodge, Northern Mansion, Mergui Court and The Mergui - were said to be considering walking away with the 10 per cent deposit of $12 million because buyers had failed to complete the sale, despite a two-month deadline extension.

Both sides have since agreed on a deadline extension until November, but this involved paying a further $3 million deposit to the 88 sellers.

The SLA said it had originally priced the land 'similar to that offered by the developer to the existing land owners along Mergui Road'. However, on review, it noted the land had some development constraints and considered the revised price 'in order to facilitate the development proposal'.

Mergui Development is a joint venture between Bursa-listed IOI Properties unit Multi Wealth Singapore, a local private firm LBH, and KSH unit Kim Seng Heng Realty, which holds 35 per cent.

The strip of land is needed so the five estates near Rangoon and Moulmein roads can be combined and developed into one project. This will give a land area of 74,355 sq ft and a gross floor area of 208,196 sq ft. It will allow a high-rise block with about 140 luxury flats each measuring 1,250 sq ft on average.

JESSICA CHEAM
    Wah lau!
    Newspaper anyhow report.
    Farrer Park lah. What Thomson?
    Need to study his geography again?

Question Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unreg¡stered
    Wah lau!
    Newspaper anyhow report.
    Farrer Park lah. What Thomson?
    Need to study his geography again?
    Hey! I heard TOPPing soon.
    Like Q1 2009 leh. Is it true?

Unreg¡stered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Question
    Think so. Can move in soon.

Unreg¡stered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by URA
    Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of August 2008

Project Name . Locality . Units Sold In Month . Highest $psf . Median $psf . Lowest $psf
    Urban Lofts ...... RCR ........ 46 ............................. 1,211 ............. 1,033 ............ 870
    Nearby Urban Lofts fully sold on launch day.

Unreg¡stered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    Nearby Urban Lofts fully sold on launch day.
    Wow! Cool!

Question Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Question
    Think so. Can move in soon.
    So how?
    Any confirmation of TOP?

Don't know

Reporter is offline F01 N54 Sheer Driving Pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by Sell
    Don't know
    Is there a need to reply when you don't know?

Quote Originally Posted by mr funny
    The Straits Times
    Sep 30, 2008 Tuesday

An appeal by buyers Mergui Development has been granted by the Singapore Land Authority (SLA), to reduce the price of a 1,000 sqm section of a road needed for redeveloping the project.

Owners at the five estates - Norfolk Court, Mergui Lodge, Northern Mansion, Mergui Court and The Mergui - were said to be considering walking away with the 10% deposit of $12 million because buyers had failed to complete the sale, despite a two-month deadline extension.

Mergui Development is a joint venture between Bursa-listed IOI Properties unit Multi Wealth Singapore, a local private firm LBH, and KSH unit Kim Seng Heng Realty, which holds 35%.

The strip of land is needed so the five estates near Rangoon and Moulmein roads can be combined and developed into one project. This will give a land area of 74,355 sq ft and a gross floor area of 208,196 sq ft. It will allow a high-rise block with about 140 luxury flats each measuring 1,250 sqft on average.

JESSICA CHEAM
    So when are they launching the new development?
    Are they planning Mickey Mouse units as well?

#08-04?
    Prosper or die?

Pristine Heights
    Address ....................... psf ............... Area ........ Price ......... Contract Date
    77 Mergui Road #08-04 .... $1,000 psf .... 850 sqft .... $850,000 .... 12 Feb 10

You can get City Square for a lower price. Much better deal to get a project built by City Developments than Fragrance Properties (you should see the quality of their condo projects). Long run, City Square will hold it value batter.
    One of my fren who's staying at City Sq told me tat he & some of the owners are disappointed as the surrounding always hv lots of indian/sri lankan/bangladesh hanging around the condo.. is really the "little indian condo" at Farrer pk..

No offence to the race/foreigners tat i mentioned..
    Last edited by Rysk; 21-03-10 at 19:06.

23 psf more for being 2-level higher.

Pristine Heights
    Address ....................... psf ............... Area ........ Price ......... Contract Date
    77 Mergui Road #10-04 .... $1,023 psf .... 850 sqft .... $870,000 .... 24 Mar 10

Any idea when those neighbouring apartment beside Pristine Hgts will give way to new up coming condo?
    Heard those apartments already successfully enbloc...
    And will it be at least 1000psf up?

Quote Originally Posted by mr ƒunny
    The Straits Times
    Sep 30, 2008 Tuesday

JESSICA CHEAM
    Happened to passby Mergui Road. Saw there's a signboard showing new development is about to begin.
    One foreign worker on site, he told me construction with begin this week - first, demolition of the 5 estates - Norfolk court, Mergui lodge, Northern mansion, Mergui court, The Mergui.
    Looks like thereafter, showflat will be up.

Anyone seen the showflat for clydes residence before? is the $1300 psf sounds reasonable for that area? thks

Quote Originally Posted by yukiari
    Anyone seen the showflat for clydes residence before? is the $1300 psf sounds reasonable for that area? thks
    So ... did you buy?