Page 15 of 33 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516171819202530 ... LastLast

Thread: Properties in Geylang Area: Potential?

those of u who have the time... go look at your units....

the Parquet flooring (Bedrooms) have gaps in the sides.

some walls have deep scratches.

i checked out a few units today.

will post some pics another day..

Sam Teo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by KT@AR

The defect guarantee period is 1 yr from TOP.

UnregisteredAA Guest

Can you go inside even with security? By which way?

Interested Guest

Quote Originally Posted by UnregisteredAA
    Can you go inside even with security? By which way?
    I thought the units would all be locked?

Quote Originally Posted by Interested
    I thought the units would all be locked?
    some days security is there.. i went on Sunday evening.

Unregˇstered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by UnregisteredAA
    I went to Maybank today. Loan promo still on.
    How much do you have to pay to HLF for refinancing?
    So what did Maybank said?

Quote Originally Posted by The Straits Times

Sibor Falls To 4-year Low
    The Straits Times
    Wednesday, 12 November 2008

The all-important interest rate at which banks lend funds to one another has nosedived to 0.89% - its lowest level since mid-2004.

This is likely to be good news for many home owners, who are set to enjoy lower mortgage rates soon. Rates on other consumer loans may also fall.

But the outlook is not so good for investors holding fixed deposits - as their interest rates are likely to fall as well. And businesses big and small will not necessarily get a flow-on benefit of lower borrowing costs.

Unregistered123 Guest

how much $$ in Rental can i expect from a 1000sqft unit?

Thanks..
    Based on budget hotel transit rate at $20 per 2 hours, one day you can make $240, one month is worth $7200! U need to hire a housekeeper or the OKT which may cost u $2000 per mth, net rent is $5.2K.

Unregistered321 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered123
    Based on budget hotel transit rate at $20 per 2 hours, one day you can make $240, one month is worth $7200! U need to hire a housekeeper or the OKT which may cost u $2000 per mth, net rent is $5.2K.
    I feel sorry for you.

Unregistered123 Guest

Sorry, forgot to add that 1000 sq ft can fit 3 bedrooms. That means the rental can go up even more at SGD 20K per month! Gd invesmt!

Unregistered123 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by geylang seow
    i picked up a few china hookers before on Lor 28 and 30. Young, slim, petite, tall, long hair, all also got! most of them went home to china already. I can't forget those times i had... i wish i had more money then every day can go and look for them.
    It is true, passed by the Atrium at night time when having supper at the famous dou hwa shop. Lots of working ladies hoovering around the Atrium. Wat a scene. Dun forget the Blangahs as well. The environment certainly not very hygenic and clean.

Good for bachelors who bought Atrium, just go downstairs and pick one up to tabao home for supper. For the families with young children, certainly bad image and not prestigious to live there. For the investors, definitely good to rent out to OKTs. One mth rent worth $20K! and next time kena enbloc by Budget Hotel Chain Group even better!

Unregistered123 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered999
    Really excited to move in soon...any recommended interior designer?
    U may want to spend more on quality water beds or branded spring mattresses with LCD TVs and DVD players, and need to provide shower attached in each room to commence biz.

Unregistered123 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered 321
    Currently staying in Lor 40 and used to walk out for dinners - the upper lorongs after 24 are ok - mostly residential, places of worships - peaceful. You will find a couple of working girls walking by at times but they don't bother you. Do see some standing around at Lor 28 on some nights (we bought a unit at Atrium so drive thru' almost everyday to check out the progress) but they disappear when work is going on at the construction site and there's light.

The chaos and rowdiness we hear so much about are confined to the lower lorongs before Aljunied (Lor 22) and even that we get used to it after a short while, we see a lot more diners, families on outings & office type ppl there since last year, perhaps becos of the many eateries popping up.

We choose to stay in Geylang becos of affordability, it's proximity to town (we work in Shenton Way) and convenience (food, MRT), so we didn't let the stigma & the sight of working girls bother us. I used to stay in Upp Serangoon & Toa Payoh, I see them and I see guys drinking at coffee shops oogling at girls/women from 7 to 70 too - so it is common sight everywhere not just in Geylang.

Those of you who manage to slip into the Atrium to check out the interiors - any insider news on what it will TOP?
    I'm afraid the chaos and rowdiness have spreaded into the upper lorongs. Try going there now in one of the nights. Day time all the chicks are sleeping and it looks normal. Lots of smal KTV pubs with Viet gals and China mei meis roaming around the streets soliciting customers. I used to eye for the Redwood Residences in the upper Lorongs and near to Paya Lebar MRT but hv since given up the idea. Look elsewhere. This place is good for food, drinks, bachelors and women. Definitely not good for families.

Default Refinancing with HLF

To those whose asked previously,

If you want to refinance with Hong Leong Finance, you have to pay a 1% penalty (on the amount of your loan) + the legal subsidy of 2k.

I bought my 1991 sq ft penthouse apt for 700k

I got a S$620,000 mortgage from HLF

If I refinance I therefore have to pay S$6,200 + S$2000 = S$8,200

My current mortgage interest is 4.5%. If I can get a loan for around 2.5-3% I will have covered the penalty within a year or so. So it's well worth doing.

Hope this clarifies things.

And to all those silly little men who can't use this forum properly, why don't you tell us all where you have invested your money? Please enlighten us with your entrepreneurial wisdom. Something other than petty jibes about Geylang would be refreshing. Or is it beyond your tiny little brains not to insult the rest of us?

Let me guess, you have no idea at all do you? And will only respond to this post with more pathetic jibes about how much we can rent out our apartment to the working girls.

What a surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by robdavies

If you want to refinance with Hong Leong Finance, you have to pay a 1% penalty (on the amount of your loan) + the legal subsidy of 2k.

My current mortgage interest is 4.5%. If I can get a loan for around 2.5-3% I will have covered the penalty within a year or so. So it's well worth doing.

And to all those silly little men who can't use this forum properly, why don't you tell us all where you have invested your money? Please enlighten us with your entrepreneurial wisdom. Something other than petty jibes about Geylang would be refreshing. Or is it beyond your tiny little brains not to insult the rest of us?

Let me guess, you have no idea at all do you? And will only respond to this post with more pathetic jibes about how much we can rent out our apartment to the working girls.

What a surprise.

Thank you for the useful inputs Rob..

You're welcome.

Anyone got more info on TOP?

My lawyer said Dec/Jan but that not very specific!!!

Finally someone who has something intelligent to say. I used to post on this particular thread until it was hijacked.

Im still very optimistic about the place, true at night its a bit of a zoo, but lets face it, once all the construction is finished / slows down then there will be less people. Also, the China girls arnt going to come to Singapore when China really takes off so all in all just a waiting game

What a surprise.

Everything is back to normal again, as long as the trouble maker geylang 0kt with the "0" (aka novena dumbass) doesn't re-appear again.

And as I was saying all along, Geylang condos do have potential to make it sought after, if you purely look at the ROI, and not the rest of the sleaze.

When can collect keys?? I had bought my sofa set already

looks like they have installed the Aircon Compressors already..

any news on the TOP date anyone?

bought a unit there.. any neighbours here?

Default TOP?

Asked my lawyer about TOP and the developer responded with DEC08/JAN09

Doesn't really help much does it. Anyone have better info?

Quote Originally Posted by SIFU
    any news on the TOP date anyone?

bought a unit there.. any neighbours here?
    Me.. he he he..

Asked my lawyer about TOP and the developer responded with DEC08/JAN09

Doesn't really help much does it. Anyone have better info?
    Hi Rob.. i get the same answers..
    my guess it would be in late Dec..

Me.. he he he..
    Which stack did you buy? #07-16?

Quote Originally Posted by Geylang OKT
    Which stack did you buy? #07-16?
    #XX-20

Yours #07-16..? so i should see you. he h ehe..

#XX-20

Yours #07-16..? so i should see you. he h ehe..
    No lah...

By the way...

they have locked the units.. so you cant openly go and visit.

Aw shucks...

when TOP comes... pls check the Parquet flooring in the rooms. There were gaps in the edges.

i went to other units and saw the same...

i went to my friend's place "The Esta" D15 in Katong and spotted very few blemishes during TOP today.