Page 188 of 188 FirstFirst ... 88138178184185186187188

Thread: Properties in Geylang Area: Potential?

i think the loft u r talking are 'fake' loft. its actually supported by a platform?

loft projects like 1 loft and 1 suites are actual two storeys unit. if you dont mind, u can consider 1 suites but its at lor 20 beside the hotels.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbear View Post
    i think the loft u r talking are 'fake' loft. its actually supported by a platform?

loft projects like 1 loft and 1 suites are actual two storeys unit. if you dont mind, u can consider 1 suites but its at lor 20 beside the hotels.

its actually just a 5 sqm meta platform for putting of bed or other stuff depending. the platform is 2m high from the floor.

so likely this type of unit may not be a good , in terms of rental?
    as so far think only a handful has been sold only.

Default hi cym, these are my thoughts.

hi cym,

Not sure if you agree with me on this perspective, buying property is like a sprint, esp for units from new projects.
    If the lower priced 1BR are gone, where the leftovers are higher-floors / bigger spaces / extremely poor facing, etc ... I would consider another project.

Since your purpose is for rental, what you like to consider is low capital layout.
    Get the cheapest unit, so that you don't have to bear so much loan ( I assume you are like most of us, who doesn't buy on full cash ).

how about considering other developments in the geylang region, even though that are located in the red-light district region?
    I think paying for a less than 500 sq ft @ 700k dollars is quite expensive, but you are paying for the premium for being so near the MRT.

If I were you, I would consider a pty investment of 600k and below.
    Is this your first pty or?

Hi Everyone,

Would like to revive this dicussion on Geylang properties. I recently invested in a 2BR unit in the ODD lorong's of Geylang(Nearer to Kallang). Found some good pointers in this thread, what are some of the things you look out for when you're securing your tenant's in geylang?

Quote Originally Posted by wealthcore View Post
    Hi Everyone,

Would like to revive this dicussion on Geylang properties. I recently invested in a 2BR unit in the ODD lorong's of Geylang(Nearer to Kallang). Found some good pointers in this thread, what are some of the things you look out for when you're securing your tenant's in geylang?

With Geylang Rezone from lorong 4 to 22, my feel is rental just outside geylang will have a spill over effect. After all, Geylang has the best rental yield in the whole of Singapore. Some of the new condos there you can explore include
    - 33 Residences
    - Rezi 24
    - Arena Residences

Geylang in District 14 where current works of its expansion and metropolitan development surely heightens its presence not just amongst locals but also from foreign investors.

The 2014 Master Plan of Urban Redevelopment Authority, although consisting of a series of development works, also includes an underground river facility from the Kallang River area towards the lively Central Business District. Entertainment venues, dining facilities and retail shops will be incorporated at its huge improvisation, which comes after the successful creation of Gardens by the Bay.

The once known red light district of Geylang, is now well supported with high end community facilities which blends accordingly to the urban city lifestyle of its residents .

Read More on the rezone: https://www.propertyreview.sg/geylan...orong-4-to-22/