Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567813182328 ... LastLast

Thread: Properties in Geylang Area: Potential?

SAD TRUTH Guest

Default Re: Properties in Geylang Area: Potential?

Singaporeans are brained wash by the media, this year can go up by 20%, next year by 30%. All these are ambiguous statements thru our Media by our polictitions and institutions that gain from it. They are just interested in making the broad public go into a buying frenzy and pick up all the overpriced launches. Because when the broad market picks up, guess you gain the most? We are just individuals. They are Gov, developers, institutions, banks and property transaction companies.

Gov gains by releasing land at extremly high prices that were either aquired cheap or even free.
    Developers gains by selling new launches at ridiculous prices, plus raise the prices of TOPed projects that still have unsold units.
    Instituions gains by buying up prime properties here and justify the purchaces by issuing shares(IPO) or diluting the share value by issuing more. Buy up more and more to push prices up as to wait for the right time for release. The best part is the money they use for these purchases are not even their money, haha, it is the public money again. Property Reits involved.
    Banks needless to say. Property market boom = Super business for banks.
    Raise interest rate, push out more bank loans....
    Property companies will get their cut/commision on every sale. The more the transactions, the more the profit.
    These are the people that say the market is booming. sounds like they have alot in stake to be un-bias when reporting news don't you think so?

SAD TRUTH

Mummy. Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SAD TRUTH
    Singaporeans are brained wash by the media, this year can go up by 20%, next year by 30%. All these are ambiguous statements thru our Media by our polictitions and institutions that gain from it. They are just interested in making the broad public go into a buying frenzy and pick up all the overpriced launches. Because when the broad market picks up, guess you gain the most? We are just individuals. They are Gov, developers, institutions, banks and property transaction companies.

Gov gains by releasing land at extremly high prices that were either aquired cheap or even free.
    Developers gains by selling new launches at ridiculous prices, plus raise the prices of TOPed projects that still have unsold units.
    Instituions gains by buying up prime properties here and justify the purchaces by issuing shares(IPO) or diluting the share value by issuing more. Buy up more and more to push prices up as to wait for the right time for release. The best part is the money they use for these purchases are not even their money, haha, it is the public money again. Property Reits involved.
    Banks needless to say. Property market boom = Super business for banks.
    Raise interest rate, push out more bank loans....
    Property companies will get their cut/commision on every sale. The more the transactions, the more the profit.
    These are the people that say the market is booming. sounds like they have alot in stake to be un-bias when reporting news don't you think so?

SAD TRUTH

Why so sad?
    Did we not told you many times to avoid prostitution?
    See what happened now! You got yourself in trouble!
    Next time open your big ears and listen carefully.

Unregistered Guest

Geylang 2.8 plot ratio. Some areas in Geylang are higher.

Just watch. Govt not stupid one!

Unregistered Guest

Yup plot ratio 2.8, but here is the question, how high can they build?

Unregistered Guest

Anyone? I heard they were limited to 8 stories

biggie biggie Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    Anyone? I heard they were limited to 8 stories
    Can't be. Some condos there are already higher than that!

Unregistered Guest

Thumbs down Re: Properties in Geylang Area: Potential?

People like DAREDEVIL pretend to be a owner when he is a property agent.
    This website really has a lot of play acting.
    Really makes me sick in the stomach.

Unregistered Guest

Even if he is a property agent, i still find the discussion interesting. Ive been looking at that area and am still finding it hard to believe that the low valuations will continue in light of the skyrocketing prices just 1km away.

Has anyone heard of the new development near the kallang mrt called the riverine? heard that the starting prices are 1000+ per square foot!

so what. Guest

Even if he is a property agent, i still find the discussion interesting. Ive been looking at that area and am still finding it hard to believe that the low valuations will continue in light of the skyrocketing prices just 1km away.

Has anyone heard of the new development near the kallang mrt called the riverine? heard that the starting prices are 1000+ per square foot!
    True, he is definately a property agent. Base on his discussions it is very obvious. But at least DAREDEVIL trys to give you a valid reason for promoting those areas right?

Quote Originally Posted by so what.
    True, he is definately a property agent. Base on his discussions it is very obvious. But at least DAREDEVIL trys to give you a valid reason for promoting those areas right?
    Folks, I normally don't like to respond to groundless accusations. Saying that I am a property agent is an insult to me. My observations come from the fact that part of my current job involves analysis. I am putting my years of experience into good use - and hoping to learn from others as well.

And I am sick of hearing people conclude that I am a property agent. I only recently started to focus on real estate investments.

All I have been getting is crap and insults. But comments/contributions from serious investors keep me coming back.

I would appreciate if we focus on the topic of this thread.

lame Guest

Talking Re: Properties in Geylang Area: Potential?

The property agent has responded. Wow, what a fast reply, you must be an agent on duty in Casa merah righttttt.... hanging around waiting for bait and chatting on the net plus look at this website

Unregistered Guest

So whats the verdict?

Its sounds good to me.

IR, Paya Lebar developing, new developments Atrium etc... Circle line, Kallang stadium.

Im not sure the gov is going to clean the place up, but i am curious about how the rental yields on 99 yr flats are going to be like in the next 2 yrs.

joe Guest

It sounds good to me as well. However I am not much of a risk taker so investing in this area right now is out for me. Perhaps others with bigger risk appetites may want to consider.

Unregistered Guest

So whats the verdict?

Its sounds good to me.

IR, Paya Lebar developing, new developments Atrium etc... Circle line, Kallang stadium.

Im not sure the gov is going to clean the place up, but i am curious about how the rental yields on 99 yr flats are going to be like in the next 2 yrs.
    The rental yield is abt 6.4% (without deducting maint. fee, prop tax, etc) for me. I have a 99yr old development near paya lebar mrt.

Unregistered Guest

The rental yield is abt 6.4% (without deducting maint. fee, prop tax, etc) for me. I have a 99yr old development near paya lebar mrt.
    Is it Waterina?

Unregistered Guest

Is it Waterina?
    Isn't Waterina freehold?

Elsewhere? Guest

While most of the speculation and Pros (hee hee) and Cons (hee hee again) are valid, why this focus on Geyland with a likelihood of a very long term hold (10-20 years I hear) before the capital appreciation can be realised when there are other worthy investments elsewhere? Consider the opportunity cost of tying down your cash in Geyland which does not offer an easy or quick exit since it is generally agreed by all that disposal is difficult due to repute and bank loan problems.

oops! Guest

Geylang is a long shot. At least 10 years.

hee hee

Maybe... Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Elsewhere?
    While most of the speculation and Pros (hee hee) and Cons (hee hee again) are valid, why this focus on Geyland with a likelihood of a very long term hold (10-20 years I hear) before the capital appreciation can be realised when there are other worthy investments elsewhere? Consider the opportunity cost of tying down your cash in Geyland which does not offer an easy or quick exit since it is generally agreed by all that disposal is difficult due to repute and bank loan problems.
    Bank loan problems apply to Lor 1-30. The other lorongs are easy to obtain bank loans (citibank, DBS, OCBC are all willing to offer). Other locations within the central area seems to have better potential...but in today's red hot market, I guess it's hard to pick a bargain. I have been studying the property market lately...property prices in Geylang is still within the affordable range of $500+ psf for freehold and $330-$400 psf for leasehold. Maybe that's why it is still attractive to select group of investors. Where else can you find this price range for it's close proximity to City (10-12mins MRT ride to Raffles Place), future sub-regional centre & circle/east west line MRT interchange? Maybe Little India area is another good catch?

Unregistered Guest

Its definately a buy and hold 10 + yrs, Actaully if u look closer to Paya Lebar the prices have already gone up, its more near the flats near the atrium, alcove etc... that have yet to see any move, maybe its the family temples there that are putting people off.

Unregistered Guest

Post Re: Properties in Geylang Area: Potential?

Isn't Waterina freehold?
    Waterina is freehold. Alcove, Aston Mansions, Central Grove, Sims Ville & Sims Residences are 99years leasehold.

verbatin Guest

heard Geylang (those Lorongs) cannot built high rise building (limited to 8th storey) as it is close to Paya Lebar Airport.

Is this true?

How come nearby (such as Geylang East Ave 1) can build higher than 8th storey?

Unregistered Guest

Yeah i heard that the limit is 8 stories, but the plot ratio is 2.8... How come at Paya Lebar citiplaza and the rest can be above 8? I think the area will only really be for smaller boutique projects. Any thoughts?

Unregistered Guest

Thumbs down Re: Properties in Geylang Area: Potential?

Aiyoh! Some guy just trash-talked Geylang again:

http://gapuraland.blogspot.com/2007/...red-areas.html

Not so nice for us who believe in the place.

Unregistered Guest

Who cares, there are no end of people who talk badly about the place...

I particularly like the part where he mentions buying the smallest place in the best possible part of Singapore ;>, No wonder i hear stories of people living with 3 generations in 800 ft2!!

To me thats just silly.

People are just going to have to get over this fear of geylang (i can understand in the low lorongs its a bit much) but whats the big deal, there are pros in Orchard, Clark quay, China town not to mention all the KTV's and 'health spas' all over the island...

Unregistered Guest

i think with prices scaling like nobody's biz, ultimately, freehold or leasehold doesnt matter cos budget matters the most ... the premium gap one pays for freehold has increased tremendously... so is it worth the while.........

i think there's nothing to fear in geylang... it's only the newly wed and those with teenage or young ladies in their 20s who fear.... other than that, geylang is no wild jungle to fear..........good projects there are certainly worth investing... the banks just simply have to clear their mental blockade first....

Unregistered Guest

i think with prices scaling like nobody's biz, ultimately, freehold or leasehold doesnt matter cos budget matters the most ... the premium gap one pays for freehold has increased tremendously... so is it worth the while.........

i think there's nothing to fear in geylang... it's only the newly wed and those with teenage or young ladies in their 20s who fear.... other than that, geylang is no wild jungle to fear..........good projects there are certainly worth investing... the banks just simply have to clear their mental blockade first....
    I disagree with the writer above. There's everything to fear about staying in a place like present-day Geylang. ...and it's not just newly-weds or those with teenage daughters. The place is just not wholesome for anyone with a family and who believes in traditional, conservative Asian values. I for one wouldn't want to be anywhere close to the flesh business. Yuck!

Travis Bickle Guest

All the animals come out at night - whores, skunk pussies, buggers, queens, fairies, dopers, junkies, sick, venal. Someday a real rain will come and wash all this scum off the streets.

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bickle
    All the animals come out at night - whores, skunk pussies, buggers, queens, fairies, dopers, junkies, sick, venal. Someday a real rain will come and wash all this scum off the streets.
    good quote! this quote from the movie taxi driver certainly applies to Geylang in Singapore. What a great residential area this would be if not for the sick stuff that goes around.

clickhere Guest

Can anyone please kindly let me know which properties around the greater Geylang, Paya Lebar, Aljunied, Eunos & Kembagan areas are going to "TOP" soon or just "TOP"? I am very keen to buy a small unit there to rent out. I would like to get a small apartment that is near to an MRT station costing around S$500K only (CPF funds, don't wish to take a bank loan). I am glad to come across this thread. Thanks.