Page 96 of 96 FirstFirst ... 468687888990919293949596

Thread: Properties in Geylang Area: Potential?

Quote Originally Posted by mummy View Post
    Now he up to S$658k but I dunno how to calculate if made profit or not.

Rental income $90600

ABSD remission S$88k.

Loan S$341k.

Bought at S$636801.

Can anyone help me to calculate?
    Not enough info, can use my xls to calculate.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcachon View Post
    Not enough info, can use my xls to calculate.
    Sold already last night. Don't make much. Same or less than cpf. Just get back absd. Should have sold this before selling my primary residence then can beat cpf....sigh....

Sold already last night. Don't make much. Same or less than cpf. Just get back absd. Should have sold this before selling my primary residence then can beat cpf....sigh....
    Congrats, now you can retire.

Must plan a little lah, sis... Why buy so suddenly? Something that compelling?
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni View Post
    Must plan a little lah, sis... Why buy so suddenly? Something that compelling?
    That time property prices kept going up and reports keep saying it will rise...and hubby didn't like renting...

That time property prices kept going up and reports keep saying it will rise...and hubby didn't like renting...
    A bit confusing, you sell every property than rent?

No, I sold my terrace then rented a condo to stay. Then buy another condo to stay that is why got absd.

No, I sold my terrace then rented a condo to stay. Then buy another condo to stay that is why got absd.
    Sell one, rent one, buy one why got ABSD

Sigh... i thought property would surely make money?
    Better to leave money in CPF and earn 2.5% interest.
    buy good US shares e.g. Apple shares, more easy to make money, lower capital outlay, lower opportunity costs and most importantly, lower transaction costs e.g. $15 per trade vs $20k agent fees when sell $1mio property, $30k taxes on buyer's stamp duty.
    i ask myself, at 1,7xx psf for 6xx sq ft condo, where's the margin of safety? can you even make at least 10k net of transaction costs, interest costs after 4 yrs to TOP? not to mention property taxes.. interest rates are at 4 yr high and continue to climb. Paying 10% more for new launch is painful... why pay high prices for a unit in a 1,400 unit/1,200 unit development?

and please don't tell me about swiber shares/bonds, these are debt-laden companies.