Page 16 of 33 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617181920212631 ... LastLast

Thread: Properties in Geylang Area: Potential?

One is a D15 developer, the other is a D14 developer. Anyway you have a 1 year defect guarantee period for rectification.

Also I sense some current owners of Atrium are desperate to sell, judging from the way their agents are trying to push their units. Some are looking out to sell around $550k now.

Quote Originally Posted by robdavies
    Asked my lawyer about TOP and the developer responded with DEC08/JAN09

Doesn't really help much does it. Anyone have better info?
    I have been hearing this from my lawyer all the times but still no TOP. for sure it will not be longer than dec 09.....

Default top

my lawyer told me it would be a progressive TOP. So they avoid too many people moving at the same time. My guess is that the lorong 28 facing unite will be first as they already have the air-con compressors installed. The lorong 30 side still does not have them installed yet.

My unit face lor 30 all the air compressers have not install yet

Quote Originally Posted by Geylang OKT
    One is a D15 developer, the other is a D14 developer. Anyway you have a 1 year defect guarantee period for rectification.

Also I sense some current owners of Atrium are desperate to sell, judging from the way their agents are trying to push their units. Some are looking out to sell around $550k now.
    To be fair.... I seriously think that the rental potential for Geylang owners are seriously good. Only problem is to scrutinize the tenants before letting them come in.... If not careful.... Your unit may end up as a make shift brothel.

Geylang is good place to rent out.... Not to stay in.

Default top when??

went there yester (sunday) at 3pm..

yup the units are lock up. compressors along lor 28 installed, lor 30 not done yet..

btw it is a really quiet place even at sunday 3pm.. but i must admit some streetwalkers will be there on certain nites.. compared to some other lanes, the situation over here is much better..

btw my unit is XX-22..

anyone bought same stack?? any further news on TOP?

Month end already still no news yet

Hi fellow Atrium owners, they are installing the aircon compressors for those units facing Lor 30. stack #16 completed, one unit done for stack #14, 3 units done for stack #20. And I saw workers cleaning the windows for those units facing Lor 28. Hope TOP is round the corner.

I had a look inside today. Wow its looks good...

The pool and everything is completed. I saw them cleaning the windows for the apartments on the Lorong 28 side. Think these will TOP first....

My unit is on the lorong 30 side, penthouse. The roof terrace is awesome! They still had not installed the oven or oven hood, although it was there in a box in the front room, along with the air compressor.

Previous comments ablout the gaps in the flooring are true. My unit has some gaps in the bedroom flooring. WIll se if the plug them with filler before we move in, or simply make a complaint once TOP.

Apart from this small thing I was really impressed with the quality of the fittings, rain shower, nice taps etc...

Can't wait to get the keys!!! Any news on TOP anyone?????

hi all..

Like to know how many of you switched from HLF to Maybank?

Can't wait to get the keys!!! Any news on TOP anyone?????
    Sounds exciting! Also eagerly waiting for the TOP letter to come... so unsettling now. Already bought the furniture and appliances, and scheduled them to be delivered in mid Dec so that we can celebrate Xmas there. Hopefully the TOP will be very soon...
    btw, how did u guys get in? the last i checked, the backdoor was locked and the security at the front (lor 28) refused to let us in..

Default TOP Update

Quote Originally Posted by gerberas
    Sounds exciting! Also eagerly waiting for the TOP letter to come... so unsettling now. Already bought the furniture and appliances, and scheduled them to be delivered in mid Dec so that we can celebrate Xmas there. Hopefully the TOP will be very soon...
    btw, how did u guys get in? the last i checked, the backdoor was locked and the security at the front (lor 28) refused to let us in..
    Check this out...........
    http://www.bca.gov.sg/plan_enquiry/S...0172-2005-BP01

Quote Originally Posted by kings
    Wow TOP application to BCA... won't be too much longer then

Hooray! You guys are great, managed to find out all these info. I'm gonna call my lawyer next wk to hurry them - sofa ready & in warehouse - was getting worried.

i just refinanced with Maybank yesterday. hope will not TOP soon (AT LEAST WAIT UNTIL AFTER NEXT WEEK)!!! otherwise i will not be on time to give the 3 months notice to HLF and have to pay penalty.

this forum is great for sharing. you guys will be good neighbours.

anyone know have good contractor recommendations for grills, lightings, gates?

i cut this out from the website for the defect reporting:

Procedure to Rectify DefectsPurchasers may wish to follow the steps set out below (which are in line with the procedure set out in the Sale & Purchase Agreement) :

1)Inform the developer in writing specifying details of the defect and request the developer to make good the defect.

2)The developer may wish to conduct a joint inspection of the defect (optional) with the purchaser but in any event should carry out necessary repairs within 1 month of receiving notice of the defect from the purchaser.

3)If the developer fails to rectify the defect within 1 month, the purchaser may notify the developer in writing that he intends to engage another party to rectify the defect and the estimated cost for carrying out the rectification works. The purchaser should obtain a written quotation on the estimated cost.

This notification should only include the defects which the purchaser has earlier notified the developer and which the developer has failed to rectify. The purchaser should follow step 1 of this process if any new defect is found.

4)The purchaser should then give the developer an opportunity to carry out the rectification works.

5)If the developer still fails to rectify the defect within 14 days after the date of the notification in step 3, the purchaser may carry out the repairs and claim for the cost and expense of the repairs from the developer.
    question, do we write to them through our lawyer? or by ourselves?

Thanks for this very useful info!

I had another look at my apartment this morning. It is in Block 7 (lorong 30 side) and still having the oven/aircon installed.

I noticed last week some defect in the flooring - gaps in the parquet flooring in the bedrooms. However, this morning two workers were sanding and laquering the floors. The gaps had been filled in well and hardy noticeable. The varnish should close it up some more.

I think once the developer has done QC checks on the apartments they will tidy up most of the mistakes. Generally the finish is very very good and I am impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by gerberas
    i think more likely to celebrate CNY than Xmas...

Quote Originally Posted by AAAAA
    i just refinanced with Maybank yesterday. hope will not TOP soon (AT LEAST WAIT UNTIL AFTER NEXT WEEK)!!! otherwise i will not be on time to give the 3 months notice to HLF and have to pay penalty.

this forum is great for sharing. you guys will be good neighbours.

anyone know have good contractor recommendations for grills, lightings, gates?
    OH NO............... TOP SUSPENDED
    http://www.bca.gov.sg/plan_enquiry/S...0172-2005-BP01

Hmmm... whats happening?

Quote Originally Posted by KT@AR
    Hmmm... whats happening?
    Need to clear the china mei mei there blocking the road

Default TOP issued!!!!!!

Hi All,

I wrote to Mrs Chiam yesterday. She is the woman whose email is provided on the BCA status website. I was worried becaused the status had changed to 'suspended' This was my email to her

02 Dec, 2008 04:30 PM

To
    Song Guek CHIAM-LIM/BCA/SINGOV@SINGOV
    cc
    Subject
    The Atrium residences ref:A0816-00172-2005-BP01

Dear Sir,

I have recently purchased a unit at the Atrium residences in Geylang.
    I understand that the TOP application is currently 'suspended'

I was hoping you could tell me why it has been suspended and give me a
    rough estimate as to when the project will TOP?

Kind Regards,

Robert Davies.

And this was her reply:

Hi Robert

TOP was issued yesterday.

Regards
    Mrs Chiam

TOP is issued!!!!!!

Hi All,

I wrote to Mrs Chiam yesterday. She is the woman whose email is provided on the BCA status website. I was worried becaused the status had changed to 'suspended' This was my email to her

02 Dec, 2008 04:30 PM

To
    Song Guek CHIAM-LIM/BCA/SINGOV@SINGOV
    cc
    Subject
    The Atrium residences ref:A0816-00172-2005-BP01

Dear Sir,

I have recently purchased a unit at the Atrium residences in Geylang.
    I understand that the TOP application is currently 'suspended'

I was hoping you could tell me why it has been suspended and give me a
    rough estimate as to when the project will TOP?

Kind Regards,

Robert Davies.

And this was her reply:

Hi Robert

TOP was issued yesterday.

Regards
    Mrs Chiam

TOP is issued!!!!!!
    Great.

Thanks Rob. Everyone of us just sit and guess. You wrote in to confirm and bring us the best news ever.....

my pleasure.

my pleasure.
    Yes, thanks for the news, rob! Now maybe we won't have to reschedule the delivery date of our furniture.

Seems that the TOP is a partial TOP. Don't know the TOP issued is for which blocks?

A0816-00172-2005-BP01 BCA-TOP-APPLN SUSPENDED 01/12/2008 18:55:10 ERECTION OF AN 8-STOREY FLAT DEVELOPMENT (TOTAL 142 UNITS) WITH 1ST & 2ND STOREY CARPARKS, SWIMMING POOL AND 4-STOREY REAR EXTENSION TO EXISTING 12 UNITS OF 2-STOREY CONSERVATION BUILDINGS ON LOT 2032N MK25 AT LORONG 28 GEYLANG, GEYLANG ROAD, LORONG 30 GEYLANG[PARTIAL TOP]

great job Rob...

he he.. it rimes..

Good news. Thanks Rob & everyone else, we'll be neighbours soon.
    Just called my lawyer, they said Novelty's lawyer (Jing Quee & Chin Joo) have not served notice for payment yet. Seems lots of lawyer-to-lawyer paperwork ahead. Any ways to speed things up?

Quote Originally Posted by HOW
    Seems that the TOP is a partial TOP. Don't know the TOP issued is for which blocks?

A0816-00172-2005-BP01 BCA-TOP-APPLN SUSPENDED 01/12/2008 18:55:10 ERECTION OF AN 8-STOREY FLAT DEVELOPMENT (TOTAL 142 UNITS) WITH 1ST & 2ND STOREY CARPARKS, SWIMMING POOL AND 4-STOREY REAR EXTENSION TO EXISTING 12 UNITS OF 2-STOREY CONSERVATION BUILDINGS ON LOT 2032N MK25 AT LORONG 28 GEYLANG, GEYLANG ROAD, LORONG 30 GEYLANG[PARTIAL TOP]
    ERECTION OF AN 8-STOREY FLAT DEVELOPMENT (TOTAL 142 UNITS) WITH 1ST & 2ND STOREY CARPARKS, SWIMMING POOL AND 4-STOREY REAR EXTENSION TO EXISTING 12 UNITS OF 2-STOREY CONSERVATION BUILDINGS ON LOT 2032N MK25 AT LORONG 28 GEYLANG, GEYLANG ROAD, LORONG 30 GEYLANG[THIS TOP IS ISSUED FOR HOUSE NOS. 1, 3, 5, 7, 11, 13 & 15 LORONG 28 GEYLANG ONLY]
    Last edited by kings; 03-12-08 at 14:54.

Quote Originally Posted by catlover
    Good news. Thanks Rob & everyone else, we'll be neighbours soon.
    Just called my lawyer, they said Novelty's lawyer (Jing Quee & Chin Joo) have not served notice for payment yet. Seems lots of lawyer-to-lawyer paperwork ahead. Any ways to speed things up?
    If any of you have not submitted your paperwork to the lawyers yet, should do soon. (We did ours in late Oct). We were told by our lawyer then that they will need time to prepare and submit docs to CPF, etc., so if all these docs are pre-prepared, that will save some time. Once all the paperwork is done, we just have to wait till TOP is served. Thereafter, it will take another approx 2 weeks before all paperwork between lawyers is done. Only then will the deveoloper issue the letter to collect the keys (so give another 1 week or so), which means approx 3 weeks before we can officially move in after TOP is served..