Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 123456781318232833 ... LastLast

Thread: The Nautical (D27, 99 years LH, MCC Land (Singapore) Pte Ltd)

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    If launch price is high D'Banyan will benefit from it.

However SSC is crowded enough, not sure if 300+ extra households nearby will make it worse...
    An la .
    The shopping centre problem is the parking not the complex

Quote Originally Posted by aceivan
    Double edge sword. Can go either way..
    smart... could be harder to sell, older, smaller and the original demand taken away from it.

If price high but buyer preference is still with buying new one. How would this benefit?

Is this Canberra Residences or the Woodgrove S3a project by FEO (near American School, project not yet launched) a good buy?

Consider the location, room for appreciation etc...

Personally think that the Woodgrove site is getting too congested, nearby condos like rosewood, casablanca, rosewood suites, woodgrove condo, woodgrove apartment etc.

But Canberra Residences, the developer MCC Land, its EC project The Canopy is not selling well...If Canberra Residences to sell at an average of $850/$900 psf, will the response be good considering the its location? Not much selling point for Canberra Residences..I think again will be dominated by HDB upgraders nearby...

Quote Originally Posted by devon_wh
    Is this Canberra Residences or the Woodgrove S3a project by FEO (near American School, project not yet launched) a good buy?

Consider the location, room for appreciation etc...

Personally think that the Woodgrove site is getting too congested, nearby condos like rosewood, casablanca, rosewood suites, woodgrove condo, woodgrove apartment etc.

But Canberra Residences, the developer MCC Land, its EC project The Canopy is not selling well...If Canberra Residences to sell at an average of $850/$900 psf, will the response be good considering the its location? Not much selling point for Canberra Residences..I think again will be dominated by HDB upgraders nearby...
    Wait for actual sales result. These areas should have less than desired take up rate.

Quote Originally Posted by kingkong1984
    Wait for actual sales result. These areas should have less than desired take up rate.
    Sembawang so remote, how to buy?
    If could not get good rental, cannot buy...

Market is now flooded with so many upcoming condo projects, at more attractive locations.

Quote Originally Posted by akow
    Sembawang so remote, how to buy?
    If could not get good rental, cannot buy...

Market is now flooded with so many upcoming condo projects, at more attractive locations.
    got $$ can buy

keen to get it for own stay since not possible to get good rental yield in this location. but if hit 800psf or more, then i will lose interest already. aiming for a 3 bedroom unit...

Quote Originally Posted by gunner
    keen to get it for own stay since not possible to get good rental yield in this location. but if hit 800psf or more, then i will lose interest already. aiming for a 3 bedroom unit...
    i think can forget it since the developer sales team told me around 850psf after discount...hopefully someone can verify this?

If FH i think it's worth it, but this is 99LH...

Maybe can try Yishun Topaz by Fraser centerpoint, they bought the land cheap cheap just next to the Yishun emerald/ Yishun sapphire.

i think can forget it since the developer sales team told me around 850psf after discount...hopefully someone can verify this?

after discount still 850psf??? hai suan le...

Yishun Topaz when will launch? also ulu haha!

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    Maybe can try Yishun Topaz by Fraser centerpoint, they bought the land cheap cheap just next to the Yishun emerald/ Yishun sapphire.
    tat is EC right?

Quote Originally Posted by ay123
    tat is EC right?
    tot the EC is canopy? ya how come the land like on same place as canopy ah? or u referring to canopy?

tat is EC right?
    Nope, it is a full condo. There is a potential for a mrt station to be around that area if Simpang new town opposite really start developing, but must wait till 2020... haa haa.

http://www.fraserscentrepointhomes.c...x?article_id=4
    http://www.h88.com.sg/article/Yishun...agre+two+bids/
    Last edited by azeoprop; 28-12-10 at 10:31.

this is what i heard but is estimate only. i guess now they are trying to get response on price before they actually price it. hope they receive bad response then they will be more realistic in pricing. don for get they bought the land at think $387psf. so breakeven probably only slightly above 600psf. i am interested too but my acceptable price is max 750psf for around 1200sf size. 850psf really too much. those who pay this price is to be slaughter

I guess breakeven is around $650 psf. So add another 200 psf for profit, you get $850, which is just about right. Most of the ulu 99 LH pte condo should be about $850 psf, while those very near MRT is around $1100 psf.

Do people really need to pay such a high premium to stay near MRT? I got squeezed out by aunties every morning until I gave up and bought a car. Never look back since...

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    I guess breakeven is around $650 psf. So add another 200 psf for profit, you get $850, which is just about right. Most of the ulu 99 LH pte condo should be about $850 psf, while those very near MRT is around $1100 psf.

Do people really need to pay such a high premium to stay near MRT? I got squeezed out by aunties every morning until I gave up and bought a car. Never look back since...
    200psf profit on 650psf breakeven? 30% profit margin is alot leh. i am also same as ay123. if prices for a 3 bedroom is more than 800psf, forget it. rather not buy...

i drove past recently and found the nearest coffeeshop is opp SSC? anywhere else nearer or not? cannot imagine has to walk so far to get food everyday leh.

If you check around, 200 psf is roughly what developers are targetting nowadays for 99LH at ulu locations. Crazy developers sometimes aim for close to $1000 psf profit margin for good locations.

E.g. Flamingo Valley

Land price: $400 psf (Edit - plus $250 psf for construction)
    http://www.chanlawrence.com/2010/04/...hing-soon.html

Selling price: $1500 psf
    http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/proje...go-valley-1931

The other one is the Vision at west coast.

If you check around, 200 psf is roughly what developers are targetting nowadays for 99LH at ulu locations. Crazy developers sometimes aim for close to $1000 psf profit margin for good locations.

E.g. Flamingo Valley

Land price: $400 psf (Edit - plus $250 psf for construction)
    http://www.chanlawrence.com/2010/04/...hing-soon.html

Selling price: $1500 psf
    http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/proje...go-valley-1931

The other one is the Vision at west coast.
    i thought flamingo valley is FH???

200psf profit on 650psf breakeven? 30% profit margin is alot leh. i am also same as ay123. if prices for a 3 bedroom is more than 800psf, forget it. rather not buy...

i drove past recently and found the nearest coffeeshop is opp SSC? anywhere else nearer or not? cannot imagine has to walk so far to get food everyday leh.
    850psf is too high. they already said they are selling at 700plus psf when they got the land. this price already built in profit of at least 150~200psf. if they up the price to 850psf, meaning they are going to profit at least 350psf profit. tats too much for a 387psf land. and govt will introduce more measure to curb such crazy buying. i will not go for preview, i rather wait to see the response. if this is really so good tat sell out in short period then i LL. or i will wait when mkt quite down and get developer unit (if still have).

i thought flamingo valley is FH???
    Opps, my mistake. But the 99LH Vision profit margin should be quite close to $1000 psf if you count the useless bay windows, planters, balconies etc. My point is 200 psf for 99LH is roughly profit margin.

I feel that it is better to buy sub-sale rather than directly from developer now. Condos that TOP this year and next year should have been launched around 2008, which is the price bottom. So the owners are more reasonable in their asking price.

850psf is too high. they already said they are selling at 700plus psf when they got the land. this price already built in profit of at least 150~200psf. if they up the price to 850psf, meaning they are going to profit at least 350psf profit. tats too much for a 387psf land. and govt will introduce more measure to curb such crazy buying. i will not go for preview, i rather wait to see the response. if this is really so good tat sell out in short period then i LL. or i will wait when mkt quite down and get developer unit (if still have).
    haha looks like u and me are going to be sitting this one out for the moment

i rather use the cash to do some investment then to buy at such a crazy price. i not a carrot. i rather let someone else be a carrot. the most i stay at my current home no problem one haha!

I do not currently stay near any MRT and drive daily.
    But look at the roads/ERP/COE situation - can only get worse.
    Like I really want to go to Centrepoint or Ngee Ann City but no way am I going to try driving there during this festive season as it is not worth the hassle.
    So if MRT on my doorstep then it helps.
    I use an umbrella to nudge the aunties out of my way...

there is another land between canberra residence and sembawang shopping centre will be up for sale on mar11. this might have impact on this project as developer might not put in high bid after mas land release by govt. so MCC better be realistic in canberra pricing

ay123,

Where do you get the land sale information, from URA website?

Quote Originally Posted by devon_wh
    ay123,

Where do you get the land sale information, from URA website?
    yes....from ura site...

http://www.ura.gov.sg/sales/prog1H2011clcomresi.html

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Well, more reason to stay walking distance to MRT now when COE going up, up, UP! Now COE for 1.6L and above cars is $72,000 ! Soon it will be $100,000 ?

not all near mrt with > 1000psf price tag sell well. centro is not selling well but lakefront is doing pretty good. centro thou near mrt but no potential cos no happening. lakefront on the other end is doing well becos is near mrt PLUS jurong development. so lakefront has more upside than centro

not all near mrt with > 1000psf price tag sell well. centro is not selling well but lakefront is doing pretty good. centro thou near mrt but no potential cos no happening. lakefront on the other end is doing well becos is near mrt PLUS jurong development. so lakefront has more upside than centro
    you have great wisdom. However, the developer jacks up the prices further to compensate with the lower sales.

say $1000 psf can clear 75% units... (100 units of 1000 sqf as an example would be 75 million).

developer might want to price it at $1500 psf and clear 50% units (same 75 million).

use 300 units will be a better example.

Quote Originally Posted by kingkong1984
    you have great wisdom. However, the developer jacks up the prices further to compensate with the lower sales.

say $1000 psf can clear 75% units... (100 units of 1000 sqf as an example would be 75 million).

developer might want to price it at $1500 psf and clear 50% units (same 75 million).

use 300 units will be a better example.
    Canberra Residences has 320 units - an ok size.
    Those facing the road and inwards get an unblocked view.
    Despite the price I won't be surprised if this sells well - Lakefront past 1K psf did well due to marketing of the hidden potential and with simpang plans etc some may bite - somemore it's 200psf at least lower than LR.

For me, I'll eye the development next to it - I'll rather have the shopping mall at my doorstep and walk extra 1min to MRT

But it may launch then at 1K psf???

My guess for cr yes.. Minimum 650 psf for big pes units. Average 800 to 850 psf. Max 1000 psf (unlikely to hit tat unless mm,s)

For the one next to it, it depends on market sentiments then. Likely yes but if new or extreme cooling measures introduced. Gd bless.