Thread: RV or NJC?

Default RV or NJC?

For 257+2 PSLE T-Score, should my daughter go for RV or NJC? Any opinion or suggestion?
    Daft, Dafter, Dafterest!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by westman
    For 257+2 PSLE T-Score, should my daughter go for RV or NJC? Any opinion or suggestion?
    Go NJC and skip the O's. O's is a waste of time. Alternatively, go SCGS and/or MGS to network with rich families. They'll have in job search, career opportunities next time. Unless of coz, you're already well off then she'll already be leading a socialite sorta life next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Worsty
    Go NJC and skip the O's. O's is a waste of time. Alternatively, go SCGS and/or MGS to network with rich families. They'll have in job search, career opportunities next time. Unless of coz, you're already well off then she'll already be leading a socialite sorta life next time.
    Njc 2010 COP was 257 hence my girl will be in 50-50 chance of getting in...
    Am considering RV becos it's less than 1 KM from my home...

if your child has what it takes, go for RV. Better to have two certs than just one, it looks much better on the CV to have two certs and some employers overseas look at 'O' levels as well as 'A' levels so in order to save time explaining you are on an acelerated programme blar blar blar, might as well just do 'O' levels and 'A' levels and excel in both.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    if your child has what it takes, go for RV. Better to have two certs than just one, it looks much better on the CV to have two certs and some employers overseas look at 'O' levels as well as 'A' levels so in order to save time explaining you are on an acelerated programme blar blar blar, might as well just do 'O' levels and 'A' levels and excel in both.
    Bro, understand you are in education industry and mind to share do you know RV's students need to take O level eventhough they are under IP program? Am asking becos my understanding is that IP students need not to take O. Correct me if my understanding is different from fact. Thanks.

My gal PSLE score 256+1.
    Trying for Dunman High. COP last year was 257.

Problem is now I live in the east.
    2 years time shifting to the west.
    So her 2nd choice is RV.
    Btw, RV has open house today 830 to 1230.
    I am going.

If your kid wants NJC, just apply for it.
    If can't get in, can always appeal later as there might be people giving up.

I wish my gal would consider NJC cos it is in the centre and it won't matter where we stay.

Bro, understand you are in education industry and mind to share do you know RV's students need to take O level eventhough they are under IP program? Am asking becos my understanding is that IP students need not to take O. Correct me if my understanding is different from fact. Thanks.
    RV is all IP, so no need to take O level. Year 6 take A level.
    Some schools like ACS(I), and from next year, VS and Cedar have both O level and IP.

congrats to both parents!!! 25x very goodie

both gers....any smart boys? hehe

Go to www.kiasuparents.com , you have your more than share of answers n anything else regarding kid's education ?

congrats to all parents.

my advice is let your child make his/her decision. you can probably go through the pros and cons with them, give your views about the schools, and also listen to their evaluation process.

that's was how my Dad raised me in the past, always getting my opinion at a young age and pushing me to make decisions for myself. so encourage them to make the decision on their own as you guide them along....these decision-making skills go a long way....then next time they will make very good investment decisions!

if you want my opinion - NJC or RV? Go read up on the school values, motto, culture etc. Talk to parents about the type of education their children experienced. Which school values strike a chord in your heart most? Is your kid outgoing/studious/sporty etc and what environment fits him/her most?

cheers!

worsty, you should not teach kids to be so materialistic la!!!

paiseh, think buttercup is correct, RV does not require student to take 'O's as well, but I think students can opt to take 'O's.

paiseh, think buttercup is correct, RV does not require student to take 'O's as well, but I think students can opt to take 'O's.
    better to take Os to test one's standard of progress b4 taking As?

how come the T score for +1, +2 ?
    care to explain?

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    My gal PSLE score 256+1.
    Trying for Dunman High. COP last year was 257.

Problem is now I live in the east.
    2 years time shifting to the west.
    So her 2nd choice is RV.
    Btw, RV has open house today 830 to 1230.
    I am going.

If your kid wants NJC, just apply for it.
    If can't get in, can always appeal later as there might be people giving up.

I wish my gal would consider NJC cos it is in the centre and it won't matter where we stay.
    Butter, congratulating to your gal.
    We went to RVH today and after listening to principal's speech and Q&A, talking to students and teachers there, my gal has made up her mind to go for RVH as she want SAP to improve her Chinese further.

Btw, I've checked with NJC and was told that they have only left with 100++ vancancies after DSA. NJC 2010 COP was 257 and I assume this year would be marginally higher. Since RV take in large cohert, we think it would be safer for my gal to go for RVH.

Btw, did you watch the performing art after principal speech if you went to RV this morning? We watch and tot it's fantastics!

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    congrats to both parents!!! 25x very goodie

both gers....any smart boys? hehe
    Thanks.

Interestingly, a parent asked RV's principal about student gender ratio and the principal replied it's 3 to 1 with gals on majority... I think gals are generallt more smart than boys at that age...Hehe...

Btw, I have a boy and it seem true about it...

Quote Originally Posted by qianfugui
    Go to www.kiasuparents.com , you have your more than share of answers n anything else regarding kid's education ?
    Thanks for the advise and visited the website while ago and amaze how kiasu we parents can be...good recommendation.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastboy
    congrats to all parents.

my advice is let your child make his/her decision. you can probably go through the pros and cons with them, give your views about the schools, and also listen to their evaluation process.

cheers!
    Yup and fully agreed with that. The RV's principals also gave the same remark too.

Haha... RV's students will take O level exam as it's part of university requirement. Other than that, no O for them.

Quote Originally Posted by mogyi
    how come the T score for +1, +2 ?
    care to explain?
    The +X is referring to higher mother tongue language.
    Student can add bonus to their t-score if they applied for SAP school.

The +X is not applicable for other schools.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    better to take Os to test one's standard of progress b4 taking As?
    That was one of my initial concern ad if my gal doesn't make it good at A level then she will only left with PSLE cert wor...

Anyway, am confident RVH will make it good for her.

Have tot of NJC but was told not much vacancies left. Dropped the idea.