Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Commercial & Residential site @ Jelebu/ Petir

Default Commercial & Residential site @ Jelebu/ Petir

Sim Lian put in the highest bid of $493 mil.

Despite the gloom ahead, developers are still agressively putting in high bids, which is higher than the one in Punggol in the of psf. This plot attracted 10 bidders.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro888

Despite the gloom ahead, developers are still agressively putting in high bids, which is higher than the one in Punggol in the of psf. This plot attracted 10 bidders.
    The developers are probably dumb, they can get it at 50% discount very soon according to certain group of people

I think Sim Lian bid works out to $795 psf ppr?

Quote Originally Posted by Allthepies
    The developers are probably dumb, they can get it at 50% discount very soon according to certain group of people
    Developers dumb ???

Supply & demand. If there is no demand, developers dare to bid high high meh.

Developers not stupid lah....

Those who think that area are waste of $ to invest... then really stupid! hahaha

wait and see...

SINGAPORE: The Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) has closed the tender for the commercial and residential site at Jelebu Road/Petir Road.

The 1.89-hectare site attracted a total of 10 bids, with the top bid of S$492.8 million coming from Sim Lian Land and Sim Lian Development.

URA said the rest of the bids for the 99-year leasehold plot ranged between S$445.2 million and S$250 million.

Located adjacent to the existing Bukit Panjang LRT station and the upcoming Bukit Panjang MRT Station, the land parcel is expected to be an attractive mixed-use development, with retail, F&B and residential uses.

The future development will also be integrated with a bus interchange, which will provide seamless access to public transportation.

URA said in order to provide more commercial facilities within Bukit Panjang Town, at least 19,903 square metre of the maximum permissible Gross Floor Area (GFA) for the development must be for commercial uses.

A decision on the award of the tender will be made after the bids have been evaluated.

Developers dumb ???

Supply & demand. If there is no demand, developers dare to bid high high meh.
    Speak to the diehard in another thread of this forum, I'm just relaying his view here

Quote Originally Posted by Allthepies
    Speak to the diehard in another thread of this forum, I'm just relaying his view here
    Please relay my msg back. Hahaha.....

In short term, no doubt, it's goin to be gloomy, but once the land is gone , is gone. esp commerical mixed near mrt, in the long term view. Dun think goin to have a 3rd shopping mall like Tampines.

The next one is Yishun in Dec.

Please relay my msg back. Hahaha.....

In short term, no doubt, it's goin to be gloomy, but once the land is gone , is gone. esp commerical mixed near mrt, in the long term view. Dun think goin to have a 3rd shopping mall like Tampines.

The next one is Yishun in Dec.
    I like it... once the land is gone...is gone!

You got it right here!

some still don't get it. hahaha are they stupid?

Cool

Please, lets have some basic courtesy here and dont anyhow call people stupid!

It will be less offensive if we can these people dumb instead

Quote Originally Posted by mastrix
    I like it... once the land is gone...is gone!

You got it right here!

some still don't get it. hahaha are they stupid?

Quote Originally Posted by nobrainer32007

ok. then I prefer to call them no brainer.

Thanks!

this i don't get, they ask for ah gong to relax some cooling measures and they go and bid high high for land??

so are they bearish or bullish & greedy?

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    this i don't get, they ask for ah gong to relax some cooling measures and they go and bid high high for land??

Too much liquidity

Its scary for govt to keep releasing land actually....once built cannot unbuilt.....policy can always unturn......

Quote Originally Posted by nobrainer32007

I believe dumb equally offensive leh.....

Confused or stubborn better! Hehehe

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    Too much liquidity

Its scary for govt to keep releasing land actually....once built cannot unbuilt.....policy can always unturn......
    just allow for en bloc and redraw the plot ratio and usage purpose.

just allow for en bloc and redraw the plot ratio and usage purpose.
    I worried overbuilt and become like those ghost buildings in china suburbs

Relax - goin forward looks gloomy
    High bid - not going to see another commercial mixed development in the next 10, 20 or 30 years and the potential returns along the new mrt lines. Comparing to nex @ Serangoon.
    Ah gong - you say relax, i relax. Then i m a person with no purpose. I also want my fat fat bonus leh. Wait lah.

No lah, our middle income group quite big. Besides heartlanders can do all their shopping in neighbourhood malls, why go orchard to squeeze with tourist.

No lah, our middle income group quite big. Besides heartlanders can do all their shopping in neighbourhood malls, why go orchard to squeeze with tourist.
    Not just toking abt this land

I am toking about the crazy amt of ocr gls on the confirmed list.....

Nowadays getting more ppl buying condo for investment.....

Even for own stay, theywill either rent out their hdb or sell when their condo TOP......

Direct impact will be more on the city shopping malls. If you notice, many shops closed down this year.

Bedok point - just opened
    Bedok hub - in progress
    Causeway pt - Upgrading & expanding towards mrt station
    Yishun hub - future
    Clementi pt - just opened
    Punggol - future
    Jurong East - Cube & Jem in progress
    Bukit Panjang- future

Alamak....sorry to mislead u guys

I dun mean to say ghost shopping malls la

I am refering to the huge bulk of oncoming gls......

Alamak....sorry to mislead u guys

I dun mean to say ghost shopping malls la

I am refering to the huge bulk of oncoming gls......
    Every year, govt issue at least 13k new "passport". Also must consider temp passport holders & starting family & the backlog for the past decade.

Sim Lian raise top bid for Bukit Panjang site

A future commercial and residential site located at Jelebu/Petir Road that will be integrated with the Bukit Panjang LRT and future DTL MRT stations and an airconditioned bus interchange - attracted 10 bids at a state tender yesterday.

The top bid, from Sim Lian was for $805.26 per square foot of potential gross floor area, or 10.7 per cent higher than the second highest bid of $727.36 per square foot per plot ratio from two Keppel Land units.
    The third highest bid, from a partnership between United Engineers unit UED Capital Venture and Singapore Press Holdings' Earth Holdings, was $679.65 psf ppr.

The recently launched Bedok Residences site attracted nine bidders resulting in a top bid of $841 psf ppr in September 2010 while the Punggol Central site fetched a top bid of $752 psf ppr with seven parties contesting in February 2011.

Analyst estimates that Sim Lian could be targeting an average selling price of $1,300 psf for the residential component

Quote Originally Posted by moneymatters
    Sim Lian raise top bid for Bukit Panjang site

A future commercial and residential site located at Jelebu/Petir Road that will be integrated with the Bukit Panjang LRT and future DTL MRT stations and an airconditioned bus interchange - attracted 10 bids at a state tender yesterday.

The top bid, from Sim Lian was for $805.26 per square foot of potential gross floor area, or 10.7 per cent higher than the second highest bid of $727.36 per square foot per plot ratio from two Keppel Land units.
    The third highest bid, from a partnership between United Engineers unit UED Capital Venture and Singapore Press Holdings' Earth Holdings, was $679.65 psf ppr.

The recently launched Bedok Residences site attracted nine bidders resulting in a top bid of $841 psf ppr in September 2010 while the Punggol Central site fetched a top bid of $752 psf ppr with seven parties contesting in February 2011.

Analyst estimates that Sim Lian could be targeting an average selling price of $1,300 psf for the residential component
    BR - $1300 psf (East)
    BPanjang - $1300psf (West)
    Yishun - $1300 psf ??? (North)

Sg is so small. Price should be the same. Hahahaha..........

Those lost in this round will go and try for the next one in Yishun this month.

Every year, govt issue at least 13k new "passport". Also must consider temp passport holders & starting family & the backlog for the past decade.
    2005-2009: Government under-estimated number of houses needed.
    2010-current: Investors over-estimated number of potential tenants.

Next year will be challenging for new pte condos landlords. Stories of rental psf increasing must be taken with a pinch of salt because these investors bought their golden geeses long ago at rock bottom prices in best locations.

Guthrie, UE, SPH and now Sim Lian moving into shopping malls/integrated transport hub management to generate stable recurring income stream.

this plot has potential. For what I can remember there is no such development in Bt Panjang - residential cum shopping. There maybe a lot of pen up demand by the HDB upgraders.

I am keen....but looking at the land psf......my hope delimishing.

Quote Originally Posted by rattydrama
    this plot has potential. For what I can remember there is no such development in Bt Panjang - residential cum shopping. There maybe a lot of pen up demand by the HDB upgraders.

I am keen....but looking at the land psf......my hope delimishing.
    no way its gona below 1kpsf....hehehe

tennery from 1.1kpsf to 1.4kpsf....

no way its gona below 1kpsf....hehehe

tennery from 1.1kpsf to 1.4kpsf....
    tennery location is not as good as this one ... the human traffic flow is not as convenient compare to this plot.

Quote Originally Posted by rattydrama
    tennery location is not as good as this one ... the human traffic flow is not as convenient compare to this plot.
    yeah so we prolly see 1300-1500psf

whahahhaha