Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sherwood Towers

Default Sherwood Towers

Ppl, what do you think of this 30yrs old condo? its on top of bukit timah plaza and is near Beauty World mrt. My impression is big space but old but the psf is quite low ($8xx) considering its prime location.

Is it the one with the faeces shit in water tank case many many many years back?

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    Is it the one with the faeces shit in water tank case many many many years back?
    WHAT? seriouss? at least its not some dead body if dats any consolation
    Not too sure. its together with bt timah plaza overlooking the highway i think

My fren is looking around for affordable condo but he wants it big and i told him probaby he wants to aim for old condo which is more spacious. i m just keeping a lookout for him. i saw ad selling 688K for studio 800+ sqf which work out to be 800+ psf

Not kidding. Try google "sherwood condominium water contamination"

ikan bilis is offline i'm Buaya ! Girls BEWARE !!...

sewerage piping running above water tank,...
    and also heard something like this one and hongheng both got some building structure problem before?, cannot confirm...

better check with older generation first....

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    Not kidding. Try google "sherwood condominium water contamination"
    yucks, i searched and saw some articles on it thg it wasnt mentioned faeces were involved. Thanks for the note. otherwise, this looks quite attractive with close proximity to mrt, shopping downstairs and good food nearby. any idea whether dat pro is fixed. i researched online and saw comments saying the facilities were renovated and revamped.. not sure the timeline though

Quote Originally Posted by ikan bilis
    sewerage piping running above water tank,...
    and also heard something like this one and hongheng both got some building structure problem before?, cannot confirm...

better check with older generation first....

Thanks. Seems problematic. i wonder if dats why ppl are letting go the unit at low psf in such prime area

is this an en bloc potential? LH99

the other highoak also LH99 looks nicer

Quote Originally Posted by dmonddd
    is this an en bloc potential? LH99

the other highoak also LH99 looks nicer
    according to agents/sellers pusshing this out, it is. no prize as to why so!
    but online comments read its supposed to en bloc in 2007 but no go. anyway i wont be surprised if its up for enblock. the location is prime and both beauty world and bt timah plaza are ancient.

where is high oak? i am also looking at kismis view (rented there before, beautiful quiet surroundings with loads of greenery) but all priced >1mil as the units are huge (>1000 sqf)

Quote Originally Posted by graveyard
    according to agents/sellers pusshing this out, it is. no prize as to why so!
    but online comments read its supposed to en bloc in 2007 but no go. anyway i wont be surprised if its up for enblock. the location is prime and both beauty world and bt timah plaza are ancient.

where is high oak? i am also looking at kismis view (rented there before, beautiful quiet surroundings with loads of greenery) but all priced >1mil as the units are huge (>1000 sqf)
    next to canadian school who is moving
    good time to buy as noise pollution.can bargain

Quote Originally Posted by dmonddd
    next to canadian school who is moving
    good time to buy as noise pollution.can bargain
    its at kismis ave behind the cc? then its near kismis view as well. i wld imagine these estates will rise in value with the clementi mrt revamp and new mrt like beautyworld and holland v. and these are big units - impossible to find in new condo without smashing ur wallet

with some ikan bilis budget only, me took a look at sherwood in 2009/2010, but never physically visited any units. The bigger 14xxsqft units were 500-600psf at that time... photos on propertyguru all showing run down condo for both interior and exterior...

if you have some bigger budget, may be can consider The Linear, TOP2006, Near future BTL MRT, 999yr, but could be noisy hor...

Thanks. Seems problematic. i wonder if dats why ppl are letting go the unit at low psf in such prime area
    It was way way way back. I am sure been rectified!

water contamination was about 10yr ago, that 1 easy to fix, just rerun piping,
    building structure problem (if true) was about 20+yr ago, after new world hotel collapsed, they fixed few buildings from same contractor/developer, that's what i heard, don't know how true...

anyway, this 1 99yr lease and already 30+yr old liow...

would rather buy a HDB unit if eligible with this KIND of PRICE unless has a chance for Enbloc if not forget about it...>30 yrs old, may qns crossed my mind - bank loan? buyers profiles if resell? upside chances at current prices? building looks like I am looking at some old building in JB...

Quote Originally Posted by peterng8
    would rather buy a HDB unit if eligible with this KIND of PRICE unless has a chance for Enbloc if not forget about it...>30 yrs old, may qns crossed my mind - bank loan? buyers profiles if resell? upside chances at current prices? building looks like I am looking at some old building in JB...
    yess. maybe getting bank loan is a uphill task. not sure if the bank is willing to give the loan on this. 60 years left on the lease. the builiding looks rundown too. And there are some comments its rather noisy as its near highway

with some ikan bilis budget only, me took a look at sherwood in 2009/2010, but never physically visited any units. The bigger 14xxsqft units were 500-600psf at that time... photos on propertyguru all showing run down condo for both interior and exterior...

if you have some bigger budget, may be can consider The Linear, TOP2006, Near future BTL MRT, 999yr, but could be noisy hor...

Tks ikan bilis. u go well with nasi lemak lol
    did u view nearby condo like highoak, kismis view, kismis lodge. i think all at the back of bukit timah cc. the pro is my fren's budget is ikan bilis too. on his budget, probably he can just get a MM

yess. maybe getting bank loan is a uphill task. not sure if the bank is willing to give the loan on this. 60 years left on the lease. the builiding looks rundown too. And there are some comments its rather noisy as its near highway
    From wat i heard, once ppty left below 60yrs....usable cpf amt starts to decrease according wif buyer age....

Left below 40yrs, good game liao....cannot take bank loan rite?

Tks ikan bilis. u go well with nasi lemak lol
    did u view nearby condo like highoak, kismis view, kismis lodge. i think all at the back of bukit timah cc. the pro is my fren's budget is ikan bilis too. on his budget, probably he can just get a MM
    sorry, different approach....

- i did not look at BTL/Bt Panjang mrt line much as it is only ready in 2015...
    - my preference is have to be near mrt as i might not want to stay in the condo. aslo prefer large space over FH.
    - i was looking at JE parc vista in end 2009, price shot up by 100K by end 2010
    - so i keep moving north by mrt stations until i reach D23 choa chu kang, where birds don't lay eggs. Luckily did not miss the boat again else ended up in woodlands or Sembawang
    - i did not get the warran, but i think that 1 is good also.
    - i was only looking more at NS mrt line along JE to Woodlands...

anyway, may be you can look at hezel, hillview park, the linear, mayspring if need to be along BTL line... these are good condo but need higher budget of 800-1.xmil

the other condos for very limited budget is here... completed project for <700K (last time)...
    http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=11777

sorry, different approach....

- i did not look at BTL/Bt Panjang mrt line much as it is only ready in 2015...
    - my preference is have to be near mrt as i might not want to stay in the condo. aslo prefer large space over FH.
    - i was looking at JE parc vista in end 2009, price shot up by 100K by end 2010
    - so i keep moving north by mrt stations until i reach D23 choa chu kang, where birds don't lay eggs. Luckily did not miss the boat again else ended up in woodlands or Sembawang
    - i did not get the warran, but i think that 1 is good also.
    - i was only looking more at NS mrt line along JE to Woodlands...

anyway, may be you can look at hezel, hillview park, the linear, mayspring if need to be along BTL line... these are good condo but need higher budget of 800-1.xmil

the other condos for very limited budget is here... completed project for <700K (last time)...
    http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=11777
    wads warran? so u got one at CCK. congrats!! its near mrt? haa why is wdl or sembawang not good? too near jb?

hmm. i clicked the link . MELVILLE PARK is the pink condo near simei rite. huge estate. my fren used to stay there and he said many many india indians

wads warran? so u got one at CCK. congrats!! its near mrt? haa why is wdl or sembawang not good? too near jb?

hmm. i clicked the link . MELVILLE PARK is the pink condo near simei rite. huge estate. my fren used to stay there and he said many many india indians
    but the psf is really reasonable ..like 800 psf at this time! i dont think my fren mind east, i posted here because i was asking abt sherwood tower, not because hes looking for a place in the west

you have to list down the requirement of your friend before that kaypoh devil-agent (that devil guy who is damn free around, and very expert) could come in and help you, like....
    - budget
    - size? studio, 1-2 bdrm?
    - age of property
    - near mrt?
    - location?
    - 99yr, FH?
    - and others like school and etc...

there are some low quantum but very old condos around lakeside, may be can search for e.g. lakepoint condo, yuan ching apts. But all these are also very run down and no mrt nearby.

northvale at cck has quite some small units of 700ft at ~600-650K but they do not appear on market often...

you have to list down the requirement of your friend before that kaypoh devil-agent (that devil guy who is damn free around, and very expert) could come in and help you, like....
    - budget
    - size? studio, 1-2 bdrm?
    - age of property
    - near mrt?
    - location?
    - 99yr, FH?
    - and others like school and etc...

there are some low quantum but very old condos around lakeside, may be can search for e.g. lakepoint condo, yuan ching apts. But all these are also very run down and no mrt nearby.

northvale at cck has quite some small units of 700ft at ~600-650K but they do not appear on market often...

oh so yours is northvale. haa awesome location. near mrt. i did a search on propertyguru and all range 800K above. no 700sqf. guess no sellers

yes yes, thanks for the checklist. well hes just exploring the market and not even know how serious is he. as hes not local, i am just helping him to navigate ard. sure i will ask him to pass me those details if hes really keen.

mine is not northvale... can only tell you me bought around 600psf a year ago... a year ago 800k get you a 3-4 bdr, now only 2bdr...

BTW, since your friend is a guy and if single without family, then ask him to stay at geylang lah...

- RCR
    - MRT station everywhere
    - FH at <800psf can get everywhere
    - lots of nice food and cute mei mei also...

may be you can go check with that Geylang OhKuiTau in this forum...

and you should be checking pricing here.... not propertyguru...

http://www.ura.gov.sg/realEstateWeb/...Controller.jpf

Last edited by ikan bilis; 26-11-11 at 21:45.

mine is not northvale... can only tell you me bought around 600psf a year ago... a year ago 800k get you a 3-4 bdr, now only 2bdr...

BTW, since your friend is a guy and if single without family, then ask him to stay at geylang lah...

- RCR
    - MRT station everywhere

yeahhh. missed the boat!!!! 6xx psf! ..dats really cheappp! good deal!!

haa, hes getting married. i will still mention that to him. full disclosure!! its up to him whether he wants the area.

to be honest, i think geylang is a great plc. good cheap food and ermm candyeye. location is prime too. i dont mind staying there ..well specific lorong

cool! thanks for sharing. does this url site shows u all lodged with caveats? i chk one project that is supposed to be fully sold (total 600+ units) but i managed to retreive only 200 records, my project is showing 20% takeup!!!

need to wait,... some delay of 3-4wks after option-to-purchase exercised, before caveat data get recorded. for new condo bought from developer will be slightly longer...

if your project is ec, those with deferred payment scheme will not have caveat data until top...

and may be those purchase new condos from developer with full cash, or those fund managers bought whole block of condo, will not need to lodge caveat...

ask that devil, he knows better...

need to wait,... some delay of 3-4wks after option-to-purchase exercised, before caveat data get recorded. for new condo bought from developer will be slightly longer...

if your project is ec, those with deferred payment scheme will not have caveat data until top...

and may be those purchase new condos from developer with full cash, or those fund managers bought whole block of condo, will not need to lodge caveat...

ask that devil, he knows better...

Wah....i shd set up askdevil.com and charge fees ?lol

Can get u as my marketing mgr....whahaha

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    Wah....i shd set up askdevil.com and charge fees ?lol

Can get u as my marketing mgr....whahaha
    thanks ikanbilis!!! ur explanation is gd enuff, not gg to hell to see

haa. u are devil advocate for devilplate

- RCR
    - MRT station everywhere

Now, new project no more <800psf already.

Quote Originally Posted by irisng
    Now, new project no more <800psf already.
    They r toking abt older resale

Geylang still can find 7xxpsf....cheap anot vy subjective