Page 25 of 38 FirstFirst ... 51015202122232425262728293035 ... LastLast

Thread: Archipelago UOL Bedok Reservoir

Quote Originally Posted by zeamybro
    Yes, there is this Wawawa Bistro by the reservoir .... The last time i see the business doing quite ok even on a weekday evening, not sure about now =)

http://www.wawawa.com.sg/
    we went there quite often, good business, especially weekend. not cheap but food is good...
    i noticed there are more and more ppl came to another side of carpark for picnic... i guess there would have good business for a small ice cream stall

Wawawa monopoly now, ang MOHs come to drink beer during sunset and its location besides car park and Berlin wall facing sunset is good
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Quote Originally Posted by East Lover
    we went there quite often, good business, especially weekend. not cheap but food is good...
    i noticed there are more and more ppl came to another side of carpark for picnic... i guess there would have good business for a small ice cream stall
    An ice-cream outlet was opened 1 or 2 yrs ago at Blk 742 facing the Archipelago site... The stall was very nicely renovated and modern looking. But unfortunately they closed down the business after a few months .... anyone could remember?

An ice-cream outlet was opened 1 or 2 yrs ago at Blk 742 facing the Archipelago site... The stall was very nicely renovated and modern looking. But unfortunately they closed down the business after a few months .... anyone could remember?
    with all the condos and DBSS springing up ... this commercial potential could change

I like the rustic feeling around that area

Yes. Agree Bedok Reservoir is/will be a popular place to hang out..

Quote Originally Posted by cnud
    Yes. Agree Bedok Reservoir is/will be a popular place to hang out..
    how about this one???

convert this space to a Mc Cafe

Yes, there is this Wawawa Bistro by the reservoir .... The last time i see the business doing quite ok even on a weekday evening, not sure about now =)

http://www.wawawa.com.sg/

Hmm...must go and check it out. Only been to forest adventure a few times but have somehow missed out this place.

Yes, an ice cream shop would be nice.

Forest adventure is do what one huh? Flying fox? I every time jog past but never have chance to peek up into shorts of boys or girls foxing past...

Update from friend that 1br left with only 4 units as per today ... Guess all 99 units would be snapped up by this weekend ...

My prediction of near sold out by end of August is coming true .... I think ppl go Parc Centros and see there selling 1300psf ... come here and snap up immediately

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    My prediction of near sold out by end of August is coming true .... I think ppl go Parc Centros and see there selling 1300psf ... come here and snap up immediately
    The same what Sky Habitat did for Thomson Grand...

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    convert this space to a Mc Cafe
    Ya, i have a feeling that Mac will start to "invade" this place once the condos are up ....

Wah, long time never check in this thread and it's flying as fast as Eco! Beside the bird cage location suggested, i think a Mac on hilltop w an a/c cum alfresco seating to enjoy the good view will be nice. Archi owners might not agree and find it to be too close for comfort? It's on the other end from Wiwawa bistro, so it will cater to Archi, nearby hdb and maybe waterview n Tropica owners?

To liven up the place, they can add a cycling kiosk, skating booth and possibly some fishing/prawning spots? Any enterprising businessman taking up these suggestion and writing in to nparks? Hehehe. Don't forget to pay me royalty...

On a separate note, I just got to know today a friend of mine got a unit at Archi and uol have already called for the first 10%! That's really fast. Anyone owners here start payment or is it just his block?

He also told me that there are less than 50 units left with quite a few sold since their 1/2br showflat up. Food fengshui? Just as phantom bro predicted, it's likely to sell out before year end!

Quote Originally Posted by bakasa2002
    On a separate note, I just got to know today a friend of mine got a unit at Archi and uol have already called for the first 10%! That's really fast. Anyone owners here start payment or is it just his block?

He also told me that there are less than 50 units left with quite a few sold since their 1/2br showflat up. Food fengshui? Just as phantom bro predicted, it's likely to sell out before year end!

We paid our 1st 10% back in mid-July.

Quote Originally Posted by carbuncle
    Forest adventure is do what one huh? Flying fox? I every time jog past but never have chance to peek up into shorts of boys or girls foxing past...

We go Forest Adventure because of kids can play the kiddies' tree top course and flying fox.

Pls don't turn it into another Punggol park....

The rate of construction for Archi seems to have rammed up at an amazing speed lately. Drove past and looking up the slopes from the road level, I could see some blocks reaching the 2nd level already.

Pardon my ignorance on constructions, I cant really figure out if this is the 2nd storey of the condo, or still part of the underground carparks. If it is the latter, it seems that they are not digging so much of the ground to build the 'underground' carparks..

Quote Originally Posted by fiyo
    We paid our 1st 10% back in mid-July.
    Wow, that's early! I think his is somewhere in Aug.

Pls don't turn it into another Punggol park....
    What happened to Punggol park?

The rate of construction for Archi seems to have rammed up at an amazing speed lately. Drove past and looking up the slopes from the road level, I could see some blocks reaching the 2nd level already.

Pardon my ignorance on constructions, I cant really figure out if this is the 2nd storey of the condo, or still part of the underground carparks. If it is the latter, it seems that they are not digging so much of the ground to build the 'underground' carparks..
    Ya bro, I am also kapo-ing a bit cos' I go by there quite often. I am surprised to see I think is one of the blocks so stacked up already. I am also not sure if that is the basement cp or actual units but it looks really fast! Maybe UOL need the $ to fund the Thomson project. :P

Nothing la. One is enough. No need two of the same kind right?

Default new addition to the family

http://www.asiaone.com/News/Latest%2...03-369330.html

SINGAPORE - Hours after a body was discovered floating in Bedok Reservoir at 6.52am on Sunday, a second body was found there on September 2 at 6.30pm.

This comes after a spate of deaths at the same reservoir in 2011.

A netizen named Alex, who wrote in to citizen journalism website Stomp, said that he saw policemen surrounding a body bag at around 6.30pm on Sunday.

RELATED STORIES

Unidentified male body found in Bedok Reservoir
    Another body found at Bedok Reservoir
    According to the him, the body was located near a bench along the jogging path, on top of a slope away from the water's edge.

A police spokesperson confirmed that they had received a call at about 1.59pm on September 2, informing them of a man found unresponsive on a bench at Bedok Reservoir Park.

Upon arrival, the police found the body of a 74-year-old man on the said bench.

According to Shin Min Daily News, the man had been wearing sports shoes when he was found and his daughter later confirmed that he had frequented Bedok Reservoir Park to exercise.

She believed that her father had ridden his bicycle to the park and sat down to take a rest upon feeling unwell.

He looked like he was sleeping when he passed out and hence not many passers-by had stopped to check on him.

Passers-by only came to realise he had already passed after they saw red ants crawling all over him.

The police spokesperson also added: "He was subsequently pronounced dead by paramedics at the scene. Police are investigating the unnatural death."

Earlier that day at 6.52am, the police received a call requesting for help at Bedok Reservoir.

They found the body of a man floating in the reservoir upon arrival. Paramedics pronounced him dead at the scene.

I been passing by Archi and EuHabitat sites on a daily basis and it seems like Archi construction at this stage is ahead of EuHabitat.

Considering they are about similar sized project, do you think Archi might TOP ahead of EuHabitat even though FEO already started selling theirs much earlier than Archi?

UOL projects - beware of workmanship issues.

OMG... i have a waterbank unit BUC by UOL... workmanship really jialat ah?

Wah, which proj? I heard they are generally ok but recent years reputation also went downhill?