Page 32 of 38 FirstFirst ... 271217222728293031323334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: Archipelago UOL Bedok Reservoir

Quote Originally Posted by zeamybro

Thanks for the pic!

Did u take from the hill top? This is the best spot to view n feel the beauty of bedok reservoir

I think the progress is amazing. One year since it was put on sale.

sis chiaberry's maiden venture into MM. Let's see how it goes

Quote Originally Posted by East Lover
    Thanks for the pic!

Did u take from the hill top? This is the best spot to view n feel the beauty of bedok reservoir
    Sis EL, not really on the hill top. It's actually not too far away from the most corner inside facing stack of archi, so I guess units at this corner stack shld get somewhat similar views.

wow UOL is really quite fast!

Seamy bro, these are taken today? I noticed that windows were up for one of the right most unit facing the hdb when I went pass it yest! Really fast hand fast leg but showflat still not demolished...

Any idea if they have fully sold out as rpt earlier?

Quote Originally Posted by bakasa2002
    Seamy bro, these are taken today? I noticed that windows were up for one of the right most unit facing the hdb when I went pass it yest! Really fast hand fast leg but showflat still not demolished...

Any idea if they have fully sold out as rpt earlier?
    Bakasa, yeah, pics were taken on Friday aftn 21 dec. I took a peep of the show flat from the reservoir side and saw them packing up the furnitures and interior decos. I guess the sf structure will be gone anytime soon.

Yeah, confirmed 100% sold.

Bakasa, yeah, pics were taken on Friday aftn 21 dec. I took a peep of the show flat from the reservoir side and saw them packing up the furnitures and interior decos. I guess the sf structure will be gone anytime soon.

Yeah, confirmed 100% sold.
    Thanks for the update. I took a look at the nov figures on ura and see 3 remaining, I tot it was reported wrongly... Hehehe...

Btw, the 1/2br for Archi really look like a good deal now w astronomical Psf for resale and new launches now. The efficient layout also looks v livable. Rem I was v impress w the 2br showflat. It looks really big by tdy stds...

Btw, the 1/2br for Archi really look like a good deal now w astronomical Psf for resale and new launches now. The efficient layout also looks v livable. Rem I was v impress w the 2br showflat. It looks really big by tdy stds...
    Agree on this.

It was one of the underestimated buys of 2011/2012.

Should be easy to rent out.

ang mohs like greenery. They are not so pantang to worry about the ghosts populating the reservoir.

Quote Originally Posted by chiaberry
    Agree on this.

It was one of the underestimated buys of 2011/2012.

Should be easy to rent out.

ang mohs like greenery. They are not so pantang to worry about the ghosts populating the reservoir.
    Sis, did u get a 1 or 2br there? I realize the 2nr facing rd and pool can be quite a big diff in Psf...

Sis, did u get a 1 or 2br there? I realize the 2nr facing rd and pool can be quite a big diff in Psf...
    1 br 3rd fl near the slip road. Although I think the 2br layout is one of the best in the market.

Bakasa, they have started to board up the remaining compound which was used for the showflat and visitors carparks.

Bakasa, they have started to board up the remaining compound which was used for the showflat and visitors carparks.
    Looks like the tearing down of showroom is imminent. Bro, any idea how they are going to construct this section of the project? I'm asking cos from the earlier pic, it seems that due to the gradient of the small hill that Archi is seated on, they did not have to dig deep for the b1&b2 cp, but for this side which is on level ground w the hdb, they gonna dig deep?

It's interesting to learn more and pretty interesting to see it taking shape as I pass by each day.

Saw QBay 1br, still think Archi 1br is better, esp the location of toilet n thought space for WM and Fridge. O&O did a gd job on this one, but QBay score high pts as they have pool viewing 1br compared to Archi.

What is the Psf for 1br at Archi? Quite close to QBay 1br?

Saw QBay 1br, still think Archi 1br is better, esp the location of toilet n thought space for WM and Fridge. O&O did a gd job on this one, but QBay score high pts as they have pool viewing 1br compared to Archi.

It was a little higher....varies for the actual unit but around $11xx psf.

Today I was quoted $1092 psf for the Qbay 1 bedder cheapest unit.

One big advantage of the Qbay 1 bedder is that it has a window in the bathroom whereas Archi does not.

If they had given the Archi 1 bedders pool facing, I think they would have sold out much faster. But I think the emphasis in this project was on the larger units. Our friends who bought the large units for their own stay must be so so glad they did. I know some bank staff did so and utilised their bank staff loans before the clamp-down. Great timing for them.

Qbay 1br is cheaper by around $50-100psf if comparing low floors vs low floors? But there are only 4 stacks in Qbay as opposed to the all-low rise concept in archi. I think the price difference between the opposite banks of the reservoir is typically around $100psf (taking WV and WFI as references).

I like Qbay 1br layout for the ventilated bathroom and it seems to have more windows, making the unit brighter. But the downside is that visitors would need to cut through the master bed room in order to reach the bathroom. Qbay has an L-shaped layout but archi one is squarish. Qbay also has a bigger bedroom but smaller dining/living. So depends on indiv's preference.

Location wise, archi would have the advantage of being directly next to the reservoir parks, amenities, supermarkets, eateries and upcoming mrt. So it's priced higher ...

Yes, the bathroom in the Archi 1 bedder can be accessed from the MBR as well as the living/dining. That is one advantage.

And the walking distance to the MRT is a big plus point.

It was a little higher....varies for the actual unit but around $11xx psf.

Today I was quoted $1092 psf for the Qbay 1 bedder cheapest unit.

One big advantage of the Qbay 1 bedder is that it has a window in the bathroom whereas Archi does not.

If they had given the Archi 1 bedders pool facing, I think they would have sold out much faster. But I think the emphasis in this project was on the larger units. Our friends who bought the large units for their own stay must be so so glad they did. I know some bank staff did so and utilised their bank staff loans before the clamp-down. Great timing for them.
    Ok, so it's 10xx vs 11xx for the 1br. I think Qbay also throw in the freebie for fridge and washer, but I didn't really realise the windows for Qbay, need to study the layout again.

Bank staff got clamp down on loans after they bought Archi?

Qbay 1br is cheaper by around $50-100psf if comparing low floors vs low floors? But there are only 4 stacks in Qbay as opposed to the all-low rise concept in archi. I think the price difference between the opposite banks of the reservoir is typically around $100psf (taking WV and WFI as references).

I like Qbay 1br layout for the ventilated bathroom and it seems to have more windows, making the unit brighter. But the downside is that visitors would need to cut through the master bed room in order to reach the bathroom. Qbay has an L-shaped layout but archi one is squarish. Qbay also has a bigger bedroom but smaller dining/living. So depends on indiv's preference.

Location wise, archi would have the advantage of being directly next to the reservoir parks, amenities, supermarkets, eateries and upcoming mrt. So it's priced higher ...
    Quite right, I concur that opposite of the bank can have $100 psf diff ... Not sure if it's really worth it. D16 border vs D18 border. hehehe ...

Thanks for the point about the windows ... need to study the Qbay layout again, didn't really pay much attention to windows ...

Bakasa - I think $10xx is only for the road facing + lower floors at Qbay. I saw the price list that those inner facing ones start from $11xx even for the 2nd floor.

Since I m vested in archi, I would be biased and think that the diff in psf betw the opp banks is definitely worth it, haha. $50-100 psf difference for a big unit would be a lot, but for a 1br we r looking more at the quantum game. For me, I definitely wouldn't mind paying $30-50k more for a much better location with mrt and amenities.

IMHO, there are diff things to look out for when we buy for own stay or rental. For own stay, I would choose the best layouts with the best facings (my definition would be one with the most privacy without direct facing to opp neighbors). Proximity to amenities and MRT would be a bonus but not critical since I drive. But for rentals in an OCR MM, I would think being close to amenities and mrt is critical.

I can't really figure out who would want to rent an OCR mm which is far away from amenities and mrt. I could be proven wrong in due time though

Ok, so it's 10xx vs 11xx for the 1br. I think Qbay also throw in the freebie for fridge and washer, but I didn't really realise the windows for Qbay, need to study the layout again.

Bank staff got clamp down on loans after they bought Archi?
    Sorry no offence, but you know when I buy houses I don't really heck care abt the freebies or even the tiles which some forumers seem to emphasis a lot on. All these are v small money compared with what you are paying for the hse. To me what's most important is the location, layout and project landscape which are things that could not be changed.

I do enjoy visiting showflats admiring the IDs and furnishings, but never get emotional when doing ppty investments.

The finishings for Qbay are also superior to Archi. For Archi 1 bedder it's homogeneous tiles throughout.

For Qbay, it's compressed marble in the living/dining and bathroom with one natural marble feature wall in the bathroom. Timber strips in the bedroom.

Personally I also feel that the location is an impt factor if the unit is for rental.

And for a rental unit, homogeneous tiles are easier to maintain than marble and wood. At least you won't be asked to polish the marble and sand the floors for the next tenant.

That's to add to the pros and cons of Archi vs Qbay. But anyway Archi is history, all sold out already. Unless one is contemplating picking up a unit nearer to TOP.

Sorry no offence, but you know when I buy houses I don't really heck care abt the freebies or even the tiles which some forumers seem to emphasis a lot on. All these are v small money compared with what you are paying for the hse. To me what's most important is the location, layout and project landscape which are things that could not be changed.

I do enjoy visiting showflats admiring the IDs and furnishings, but never get emotional when doing ppty investments.
    No prob, I'm learning lots from u guys and u r right, the freebies are just a sweetener if everything else is right...

Actually speaking about layout, QBay is quite good too, only e utility rm away fr the kitchen takes a bit of getting used to for a 3br. When u say project landscape, I think Archi will be quite nice too except the site is longish, so there is a limitation of how the land is used...

The finishings for Qbay are also superior to Archi. For Archi 1 bedder it's homogeneous tiles throughout.

For Qbay, it's compressed marble in the living/dining and bathroom with one natural marble feature wall in the bathroom. Timber strips in the bedroom.

Personally I also feel that the location is an impt factor if the unit is for rental.

And for a rental unit, homogeneous tiles are easier to maintain than marble and wood. At least you won't be asked to polish the marble and sand the floors for the next tenant.

That's to add to the pros and cons of Archi vs Qbay. But anyway Archi is history, all sold out already. Unless one is contemplating picking up a unit nearer to TOP.
    So true.

I know of buyers who requested UOL to replace their homogeneous tiles with marble at a couple of thousand dollars top up.

I personally prefer homogeneous tiles. I have a unit that comes with very nice white marble floorings but after one year, a few slabs turned yellowish. Spent quite a bit on chemical cleaning but the stains came back again after sometime. Now I will avoid soft white marbles ....

So true.

I know of buyers who requested UOL to replace their homogeneous tiles with marble at a couple of thousand dollars top up.

I personally prefer homogeneous tiles. I have a unit that comes with very nice white marble floorings but after one year, a few slabs turned yellowish. Spent quite a bit on chemical cleaning but the stains came back again after sometime. Now I will avoid soft white marbles ....
    Quite true, for rental and own stay, the focus is v diff. Got a question about marble in entire bathroom , wldn't it just have a few patches here and there after a few years, considering the shower and shampoo will probably be 'absorb' by the stone?

Btw, was at the ntuc just now and saw it was boarded up all the way to the HDB carpark and the showflat is torn down already .... That's really fast!

Quite true, for rental and own stay, the focus is v diff. Got a question about marble in entire bathroom , wldn't it just have a few patches here and there after a few years, considering the shower and shampoo will probably be 'absorb' by the stone?

Btw, was at the ntuc just now and saw it was boarded up all the way to the HDB carpark and the showflat is torn down already .... That's really fast!
    Good qn but am not a flooring expert so may not be able to ans yr qn. My shower area flooring is made up of dark (black) marble tiles and i believe sealants were also applied to protect against chemical corrosions.

But the other parts of the masterbath was made of soft white marble ... It really look very elegant in the beginning but unfortunately tiny spots of yellowish stains start to appear here and there after one yr.

The common bathroom was spared cos it was made of creamy white marble.. So I guess whatever stains (if there is any) would be less obvious.

Update 28th Jan 2013.

UOL estimates TOP date Q4 2014

Bank just disbursed the next 10%.

It's coming along well...