Page 16 of 42 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516171819202126313641 ... LastLast

Thread: Hedges Park (D17, 99 Years Leasehold, Tripartite Developers Pte Ltd)

Came across this forum recently. Glad to see the discussions on Hedges Park. Very informative!
    1. Leftfield
    2. Leftrightcentre
    3. Roarrrr
    4. Astro
    5. Bragpig
    6. gull #05-35
    7. lzhou006
    8. makancula
    9. EK@East
    10.metformin
    11. gav108
    12. valleyman
    13. Mummy Irene
    14. favfuchsia
    15. scrubbie
    16.HardcoreDude
    17. sun&wind
    18. loonsy
    19.lisapanda
    20. sskdaphne
    21. tim
    22. Alvinalvin
    23. mka
    24. coolpica

Progress check yesterday evening. Progress not apparent. Some brick walls are cemented (up to #04 main pool block). Guess these are the units calling for 5%?

Blk 73. #02 to #04 have their unit internal partition brick walls plastered with cement already. #05 still at bare brick walls stage. #06 and up brick walls in progress.

Blk 81 stack 34. Brick walls up to #06, but this is the exterior of the block. Guess this needs to be plastered first before the internal partition walls are built?

I'm eagerly waiting for my unit to have the next 5% called in 2-3 weeks time!

Default Thanks

LRC,

Thanks for the updates as always. Progression has been kind of slow of late, or perhaps I am too eager to see it ready.

Cheers...

Quote Originally Posted by EK@East View Post
    LRC,

Thanks for the updates as always. Progression has been kind of slow of late, or perhaps I am too eager to see it ready.

Cheers...
    I have the same feeling...

I guess/hope that the construction is at a stage where the progress are internals where we can't see readily.

I hope that the next visual progress is where the scaffold are dismantled, windows mounted, then facade painted for the subsequent 5% after the internal walls.

Afterwhich I thought progress might be able to dual track - one within blocks working in roof/ceiling, wiring/plumbing, and the other on roads/drains/carpark and landscaping.

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightcentre View Post
    I have the same feeling...

I guess/hope that the construction is at a stage where the progress are internals where we can't see readily.

I hope that the next visual progress is where the scaffold are dismantled, windows mounted, then facade painted for the subsequent 5% after the internal walls.

Afterwhich I thought progress might be able to dual track - one within blocks working in roof/ceiling, wiring/plumbing, and the other on roads/drains/carpark and landscaping.
    in fact some window frames have already been mounted on the 2nd and 3rd storeys. also saw pipe works going on on the lower floors.

btw saw some agents camping outside the inflora showflat beside the road under a filmsy tent

There was a MOM stop work order imposed on Lian Beng for Hedges between 28-30 Aug...

See s/n 65. http://www.mom.gov.sg/Documents/safe...k%20Orders.pdf

Unhappy progress getting slower?

Hi future neighbours,
    do your have the feeling that progress at HP seems to be getting slower? My unit is on the top floor, and i still have not received the call for 2nd 10% payment. I'm doubtful whether the project can really complete in sept next year.

Quote Originally Posted by hedgesalvin View Post
    Hi future neighbours,
    do your have the feeling that progress at HP seems to be getting slower? My unit is on the top floor, and i still have not received the call for 2nd 10% payment. I'm doubtful whether the project can really complete in sept next year.
    I just received the 2nd 10% payment notice from law firm, and my one is top floor also

Quote Originally Posted by HardcoreDude View Post
    I just received the 2nd 10% payment notice from law firm, and my one is top floor also
    Concrete walls completed. I have received my next 5% notice.

Quote Originally Posted by HardcoreDude View Post
    Mine is at top floor too and I am eagerly waiting to pay my 4th 10%.

BTW, no further updates on installing a balcony cover or something for the 8th floor units?

Went for monthly progress check earlier today. All blocks are at full height. The last of the 10% should be calling soon.

A month back some #02 had the 5% for reinforce wall called. Alas mine is yet to be called. I hope mine would be called in Nov! Was hoping that we can start moving in within 12 months from now!

The blocks are all pretty much covered up. Can't wait for the scaffold to be removed. Let's hope for a nice CNY present!

The Marina Pool:

Main Pool:

Club House:

Went for monthly progress check earlier today. All blocks are at full height. The last of the 10% should be calling soon.

A month back some #02 had the 5% for reinforce wall called. Alas mine is yet to be called. I hope mine would be called in Nov! Was hoping that we can start moving in within 12 months from now!

The blocks are all pretty much covered up. Can't wait for the scaffold to be removed. Let's hope for a nice CNY present!
    Thank you for your updates bro

Default Inflora launch and impact to HP...

Frnds, what impact do you forsee on HP resale pricing basis the recent Inflora launch.

I am a bit disappointed with low psf pricing of Inflora not crossing 1000 psf mark. Do we see this as a new trend setter marking the future launches at even lower prices?

Your opinion pls.....

Best rgds, Gull

Quote Originally Posted by gull View Post
    Frnds, what impact do you forsee on HP resale pricing basis the recent Inflora launch.

I am a bit disappointed with low psf pricing of Inflora not crossing 1000 psf mark. Do we see this as a new trend setter marking the future launches at even lower prices?

Your opinion pls.....

Best rgds, Gull
    Hi Gull,

I have the similar concern initially. However, if u look into the prices of Inflora, it isn't exactly CHEAP as most claimed to be.

Was at the show-flat ytdy, left 4 units, all ground floor units with no view (PSF ard $880), except one with corner pool view ($901 psf). Cheap? Not really. Also, the units, though with better layout, are smaller.

Be confident of HP. Be it for own stay or investment purpose, trust the capital appreciation potential is there. And HP has facilities in which none of the Flora projects have.

Just my two cents worth.

feel it's too hot with the green cloth, take off soon soon soon!

I sent a query to ura regarding the status of the nearby plot of land to be amended to commercial zone and this is the reply:

We refer to your feedback dated 04 November 2013.

The plot of land that you are referring to is a private land. We are prepared to support the rezoning of the land to Commercial zone to allow for development of some shops. However, the developer has yet to sought for approval for the rezoning of the land.

Thank you for your feedback.

Apparently it is now in the developer's hands to decide when to build a commercial space here, as ura will support it once the developer comes up with a proposal. Who is the developer anyway?

Default parking lot

Hi Guys,

I've a question regarding the parking lot, each household entitled with 1 parking lot, what if I don't have a car but I've a bicycle? can I put my bike there?

btw it stated all apartment are equipped with cat 6 wiring, isn't cat 6 is a cooper type not a fibre?

Quote Originally Posted by zeroxon View Post
    btw it stated all apartment are equipped with cat 6 wiring, isn't cat 6 is a cooper type not a fibre?
    Fibre is to the Fibre point. After that you will still need copper cables to connect to routers, modems, computers, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by EK@East View Post
    Hi Gull,

I have the similar concern initially. However, if u look into the prices of Inflora, it isn't exactly CHEAP as most claimed to be.

Was at the show-flat ytdy, left 4 units, all ground floor units with no view (PSF ard $880), except one with corner pool view ($901 psf). Cheap? Not really. Also, the units, though with better layout, are smaller.

Be confident of HP. Be it for own stay or investment purpose, trust the capital appreciation potential is there. And HP has facilities in which none of the Flora projects have.

Just my two cents worth.
    I think the price is attractive, and cheap by today's market rates. The price had gone up by 10% after VIP ballot, the price for most would be that much lower.

Like for like comparison with Hedges, the psf is lower.

Plus points for inFlora: No indoors bomb shelter so more "usable" space without the space wasting thick walls and can now be knocked down for better visual perception of space. Smaller paper size but similar functional size so quantum is lower. Higher ceiling of 2.9m vs 2.8m for Hedges. If I remember correctly, the marble tiles are "matt" finishing that is easier to maintain compared to glossy type of Hedges. More exclusive site that is not open to public view, and shielded from road noise.

For the above, I think the price is reasonable and attractive. If I didn't have my Hedges I would have gone for inFlora, and a larger unit that is more liveable.

HL/CDL/TID has played this very nicely and I personally look positively towards them. They could have priced it higher say 1-1.1k psf and see very decent sales too but they were rational and not "commercially greedy". I am inclined to think that the construction and build quality would be decent and not pure profit driven to squeeze the lowest cost out of the project. Let's hope for the best!

I bought for own stay so isn't too concern about the price swings in the short term. But considering that the area is nearly going to be fully built up, I can probably see it as the estate maturing for full price appreciation going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by gav108 View Post
    I sent a query to ura regarding the status of the nearby plot of land to be amended to commercial zone and this is the reply:

We refer to your feedback dated 04 November 2013.

The plot of land that you are referring to is a private land. We are prepared to support the rezoning of the land to Commercial zone to allow for development of some shops. However, the developer has yet to sought for approval for the rezoning of the land.

Thank you for your feedback.

Apparently it is now in the developer's hands to decide when to build a commercial space here, as ura will support it once the developer comes up with a proposal. Who is the developer anyway?
    may i know which land is this, the one next to inflora?

It seems like the 3 project launch later then hedges park never benefit hedges park at all didn't push up the price . And some more launch in a cheap price . . Sad to see that

Quote Originally Posted by Noexit View Post
    It seems like the 3 project launch later then hedges park never benefit hedges park at all didn't push up the price . And some more launch in a cheap price . . Sad to see that
    anyway, from inflora launch, we already know the bottom price for flora drive

Quote Originally Posted by terrynfs View Post
    may i know which land is this, the one next to inflora?
    no. it's the piece of empty land next to Ballota Park along upper changi road north, opposite changi prison visitor's centre.

[QUOTE=leftrightcentre;444495]I think the price is attractive, and cheap by today's market rates. The price had gone up by 10% after VIP ballot, the price for most would be that much lower.

Plus points for inFlora: No indoors bomb shelter so more "usable" space without the space wasting thick walls and can now be knocked down for better visual perception of space. Smaller paper size but similar functional size so quantum is lower. Higher ceiling of 2.9m vs 2.8m for Hedges. If I remember correctly, the marble tiles are "matt" finishing that is easier to maintain compared to glossy type of Hedges. More exclusive site that is not open to public view, and shielded from road noise.

Lol why so negative. In fact many of your points are debatable:

1) I went down to inflora to kaypoh, and compared the price of it's 2+1 bedder with hedge's larger 2 bedder. both are the same size (72sm+4sm ac ledge for inflora and 72sm+2 sm ac ledge for hedges). to do a very fair comparison, both units i compared are exact same size, direct pool facing, same floor and away from any road noise. guess what? hedges price is 713k, whereas i was quoted 820k for inflora! assuming 820k is the price after 2% increase on the 2nd day of preview, it would still have sold for 804k on the first day.

2) while it's true bomb shelter can't be torn down for more visual space, but likewise owners of units without storerooms will be hard pressed to erect one for storage space. note how little storage space inflora actually has.

3) as for bomb shelter's thick walls, note that they serve as structural walls, and as a result the rest of the unit's walls are mostly very thin. because inflora doesn't have bomb shelters to serve as core structural walls, thick structural walls are distributed throughout the unit. take look at inflora's floor plan n u will see. in the end the amt of thick walls is around the same.

4) inflora's actual ceiling height is 2.8m, not 2.9m as stated on the internet. makes sense as all other condos in flora region is 2.8m (except parc olympia at 2.7m). any higher and the roof line will not align with the surrounding condos (edelweiss and hedges)

5) more exclusive, but will be fully encroached by condos in all four directions next time. i like how hedges is open on one end to the japanese school's large open field. also inflora is more inaccessible with no public transport.

6) notice also how large inflora's balconies are, esp for the 2+1 and smaller. 9 sq m for the 2 bedders is quite disproportionate. i m quite ok with that, except that due to the alternating balcony design, about 1 sq m of the balcony is open to the sky. coupled with the grill-like railings (v.s. hedge's glass railing), it's impossible to keep out the elements and make it an extension of the living room space.

so in conclusion, hedges is still a good buy. don't listen to hearsay unsupported by facts and disregarding the finer details. if want to compare price between 2 developments, must always compare between 2 directly equivalent units. last time hedges's 2nd floor 71 sq m 2 bedders next to substation and bin centre sold at 600k on the first day. any such pricing for an equivalent unit in inflora?
    Last edited by gav108; 11-11-13 at 20:12.

Thumbs up

[QUOTE=gav108;444643]
    I think the price is attractive, and cheap by today's market rates. The price had gone up by 10% after VIP ballot, the price for most would be that much lower.

1) I went down to inflora to kaypoh, and compared the price of it's 2+1 bedder with hedge's larger 2 bedder. both are the same size (72sm+4sm ac ledge for inflora and 72sm+2 sm ac ledge for hedges). to do a very fair comparison, both units i compared are exact same size, direct pool facing, same floor and away from any road noise. guess what? hedges price is 713k, whereas i was quoted 820k for inflora! assuming 820k is the price after 2% increase on the 2nd day of preview, it would still have sold for 804k on the first day.

2) while it's true bomb shelter can't be torn down for more visual space, but likewise owners of units without storerooms will be hard pressed to erect one for storage space. note how little storage space inflora actually has.

3) as for bomb shelter's thick walls, note that they serve as structural walls, and as a result the rest of the unit's walls are mostly very thin. because inflora doesn't have bomb shelters to serve as core structural walls, thick structural walls are distributed throughout the unit. take look at inflora's floor plan n u will see. in the end the amt of thick walls is around the same.

4) inflora's actual ceiling height is 2.8m, not 2.9m as stated on the internet. makes sense as all other condos in flora region is 2.8m (except parc olympia at 2.7m). any higher and the roof line will not align with the surrounding condos (edelweiss and hedges)

5) more exclusive, but will be fully encroached by condos in all four directions next time. i like how hedges is open on one end to the japanese school's large open field. also inflora is more inaccessible with no public transport.

6) notice also how large inflora's balconies are, esp for the 2+1 and smaller. 9 sq m for the 2 bedders is quite disproportionate. i m quite ok with that, except that due to the alternating balcony design, about 1 sq m of the balcony is open to the sky. coupled with the grill-like railings (v.s. hedge's glass railing), it's impossible to keep out the elements and make it an extension of the living room space.

so in conclusion, hedges is still a good buy. don't listen to hearsay unsupported by facts and disregarding the finer details. if want to compare price between 2 developments, must always compare between 2 directly equivalent units. last time hedges's 2nd floor 71 sq m 2 bedders next to substation and bin centre sold at 600k on the first day. any such pricing for an equivalent unit in inflora?
    Haha, I concurred with gav108 on his analysis. To add on, also look at Hedges' facilities as compared to Inflora. How to fight?

In case some of you have forgotten, Hedges has a lift to the side gate which leads to a bus-stop along Upp Changi Rd North, one of the reasons why my wife really like Hedges.

Hedges rocks...

[QUOTE=gav108;444643]

Nah, I'm not negative. Just being objective on the advantages inFlora has over Hedges. Of course Hedges has it share of pluses over inFlora that I didn't mention. Overall, I still prefer Hedges. Would have been better if I didn't miss my preferred unit... Haiz...

You compared based on gross floor space, I was loosely comparing based on unit type i.e. 2BR to 2BR. My gut feel is the "net" floor space is similar and bordering negligible? Only a room-to-room size comparison can reveal. I would say my main concern would be the MBR, BR2, followed by living+dining and finally kitchen (not including household shelter). Afterall, these are the spaces that we/I generally use. Slightly smaller balcony, bath, doorway I'm not too concerned.

Regardless, each development is unique and the value is more art than science. Human sentiments plays more part than the blueprint. I am more than happy if the value of Hedges goes up but being my only property, I wouldn't be able to have any real benefit since buying another place to stay would be similarly higher as well.

Probably Gale has the best value in the area? Smaller community, modern design, freehold, low (relative) psf, etc.

just wondering if hedges park have another exit , especially if it's in between edelweiss and hedges park? Think it's quite a distance to walk to the bus via the main entrance..

Talking

[QUOTE=leftrightcentre;444927]
    Quote Originally Posted by gav108 View Post

Nah, I'm not negative. Just being objective on the advantages inFlora has over Hedges. Of course Hedges has it share of pluses over inFlora that I didn't mention. Overall, I still prefer Hedges. Would have been better if I didn't miss my preferred unit... Haiz...

You compared based on gross floor space, I was loosely comparing based on unit type i.e. 2BR to 2BR. My gut feel is the "net" floor space is similar and bordering negligible? Only a room-to-room size comparison can reveal. I would say my main concern would be the MBR, BR2, followed by living+dining and finally kitchen (not including household shelter). Afterall, these are the spaces that we/I generally use. Slightly smaller balcony, bath, doorway I'm not too concerned.

Regardless, each development is unique and the value is more art than science. Human sentiments plays more part than the blueprint. I am more than happy if the value of Hedges goes up but being my only property, I wouldn't be able to have any real benefit since buying another place to stay would be similarly higher as well.

Probably Gale has the best value in the area? Smaller community, modern design, freehold, low (relative) psf, etc.
    i see. essentially the 2 bedders of hedges is bigger than inflora's by abt one bomb shelter. if u find that extra storage space redundant, then inflora is your choice. for me, even as a single, i find extra storage space indispensable. as for room-to-room size comparison, that's what i did since the plans are drawn to scale. (multiply hedge's floor plan dimensions by 11.1% for the 2 bedders). inflora's 2nd bedroom is definitely bigger, but that's at the expense of living room space, which can't even fit a 3 seater anymore. personally i don't know if i can make that compromise. if balcony space is hardly used, then having a huge balcony space should be a concern as it will be a waste of space that could have been allocated to other areas (hedges 6 sm vs inflora 9 sm for 2 bedders).

but enough with the nitty gritty. bottomline - quantum has perhaps maintained or increased slightly for the same type of unit e.g. 2 bedder vs 2 bedder, but floor size has shrunken once more. i would obviously prefer to pay the same price or less for a bigger unit.

Quote Originally Posted by goodchong View Post
    just wondering if hedges park have another exit , especially if it's in between edelweiss and hedges park? Think it's quite a distance to walk to the bus via the main entrance..
    yes it does. back gate opens up directly in front of a bustop along upper changi road north with buses 2 and 5, and bus 4 across the road