Page 28 of 42 FirstFirst ... 381318232425262728293031323338 ... LastLast

Thread: Hedges Park (D17, 99 Years Leasehold, Tripartite Developers Pte Ltd)

Just received request for 5% - Completion of door sub-frames/ door frames, window frames, electrical wiring, internal plastering and plumbing of unit. #08 block 79

image.jpg

Previously someone was wandering is cement walls than fencing than cement walls actually part of design? Yes, it's seems like a design and workers are adding on bricks as 3d design for the cement portion. This pic was taken today....

The cement walls for soc uh to climb over?

I was wondering whether the wired fence will be used to grow some creepers so that u dont see the wall from inside the estate.
    树大必有枯枝,人多必有白痴。
    树无皮必死无疑,人不要脸天下无敌!

I went by think last weekend, I think was between 11pm-1am. There seemed to be a few workers about doing some work. Moving some stuff around the carpark and in units I think.

Anyway, managed to drop by for a quick check earlier this PM. Started to drizzle to light rain unfortunately. Should be just about fully done up end-Nov? TOP in Dec maybe is possible.

I guess this is a water feature wall by the entrance.

The rear wall of the driveway with vertical garden.

They are building the covered walkway from the dropoff to the main block.

Clubhouse is completed on the exterior. A company of workers laying the tiles to the carpark.

Some features to the concrete walls along the fence.

PES of ground floor is tiled. Think they are also cleaning up the interior. I see a vacuum like machine in one of the unit. Supposed to have another photo where a worker was painting the ceiling but think didn't click on the snap button haha.

Trees. Yes. Trees are being planted. Dining pavilion still not quite completed. Pavement still quite a bit to go too.

Grass patch! Adventure pool is the most complete. Can see that the far end is grey concrete and no longer red earth. Courts are not ready yet but no biggie.

I just did a site visit. There is indeed progress, but i think it is really only expected, since today is already mid october. The sign that says expected date of completion end aug is still there. The housing units are really ok, it is the common areas that are far from compleyion.

The entrance sculpture works have started and its really just start.
    The planters along the fence are filled with seedlings.
    The lap pool is covered under tentage. I remember the marina and adventure pools were under tentage for about a month. So we can gauge how long more the lap pool needs .
    The pavilions are mostly half done.
    Yes, today i also see a company of workers laying tiles to the car park.

With less than two weeks to november, i think works can only finish at Christmas. Then to collect keys, i think will be two more months. That would brimg us to feb. Considering that next year CNY is very late, the progress of this project is really slow. Really see no effort from construction company to accelerate.

Quote Originally Posted by hedgesalvin View Post
    I just did a site visit. There is indeed progress, but i think it is really only expected, since today is already mid october. The sign ihat says expected date of completion end aug is still there. The housing units are really ok, it is the common areas that are far from compleyion.

The entrance sculpture works have started and its really just start.
    The planters along the fence are filled with seedlings.
    The lap pool is covered under tentage. I remember the marina and adventure pools were under tentage for about a month. So we can gauge how long more the lap pool needs .
    The pavilions are mostly half done.
    Yes, today i also see a company of workers laying tiles to the car park.

With less than two weeks to november, i think works can only finish at Christmas. Then to collect keys, i think will be two more months. That would brimg us to feb. Considering that next year CNY is very late, the progress of this project is really slow. Really see no effort from construction company to accelerate.
    the lap pool is not under tentage and is already tiled. Surprisingly that took only abt 2 weeks. What's under tentage now is the spa pool next to the lap pool, n it's the final pool to be tiled. Hope it can be tiled in a week since it's small? Had the privilege of looking at the progress from edelweiss park compound.

I have spoken to a few people including architect friends. Based on last month's photos, they told me that it is very near TOP. They wouldn't be surprised if TOP could be sooner.

Anyway, some of the unfinished works are not pre-requisite for TOP. Pools need to be filled with water or boarded up if otherwise. Landscape area only need to be filled with earth and levelled. Common area needs to be completed but I guess common facilities need not (can probably qualify under partial TOP). Was told that developed can TOP and continue to work on the common n facilities and is not uncommon.

I think so long as the carpark and sheltered walkway is completed, they can apply for TOP already. It seems like there is also a scheme for same day application TOP so may not need to wait for weeks. Hope TID does what is in our best interest. They can do with the 25% disbursement too.

Taken from BCA TOP checklist. Don't sound like these activities cannot be competed within a week?

"2 CARPARKS 2.1
    Car park lots have been demarcated.
    Directional signs for traffic have been provided.
    Mechanical ventilation system for full basement carpark, where required, is fully functional.
    Fume extract system for basement car park with natural ventilation, where required, is fully functional.
    Exhaust points of basement mechanical ventilation extract systems are not facing adjacent residential buildings."

Good morning neighbours, I am wandering if anyone here took a pic of the different hues that were offered to us for selection at point of purchase?

Thanks in advance

Are you referring to this?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jean Thierry; 23-10-14 at 18:32.

Quote Originally Posted by Jean Thierry View Post
    Are you referring to this?
    Yes!!!! Thanks so much.

By the way, and just thinking we could all do a short meet up after we get keys! Than we will know who we have been talking to all these while.

Wondering if anyone interested to bulk purchase for some items to get better discounts?

I have started a document on Google just in case anyone is interested? Feel free to create additional sheets if you have any items that could benefit from mass purchase.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Quote Originally Posted by gav108 View Post
    the lap pool is not under tentage and is already tiled. Surprisingly that took only abt 2 weeks. What's under tentage now is the spa pool next to the lap pool, n it's the final pool to be tiled. Hope it can be tiled in a week since it's small? Had the privilege of looking at the progress from edelweiss park compound.
    the spa pool tentages have been removed. took less than a week! all pools are now tiled!

Quote Originally Posted by gav108 View Post
    the spa pool tentages have been removed. took less than a week! all pools are now tiled!
    Any idea what features do the spa pool have?

Quote Originally Posted by Jean Thierry View Post
    Any idea what features do the spa pool have?
    look at second pic from top: http://sgnewhomes.sg/hedges-park-condominium/

jacuzzis and rain shower

[CODE]
    Plan Ref No. Application Type Status Date/Time View Details
    A1207-00002-2010-BP01 APP FOR MODIFICATION-WAIVER OF BUILDG REGULATIONS ISSUE WAIVER LETTER 19/09/2014 09:42:27 -
    A1207-00002-2010-BP01 BCA-CSC-APPLN FOR SITE INSPECTION PROCESSING 17/10/2014 11:17:34 -
    A1207-00002-2010-BP01 BCA-TOP-APPLN SUSPENDED 17/10/2014 11:25:26 -
    A1207-00002-2010-BP01 BP PLAN APPROVAL BP APPROVED 02/03/2011 14:43:51 -
    A1207-00002-2010-BP01 PRE SUBMISSION CONSULTATIONS RECEIVED 10/02/2014 16:13:42 -
    [/CODE]

Seems like a TOP application was submitted last week but now suspended. Hopefully this is a procedural issue i.e. placeholder application in advance while the site inspection is in progress and can be approved immediately on passing inspection? Anyone familiar?

[CODE]
    A1369-00521-2007-BP01 APP FOR MODIFICATION-WAIVER OF BUILDG REGULATIONS ISSUE WAIVER LETTER 27/12/2012 15:16:18 -
    A1369-00521-2007-BP01 BCA-CSC-APPLN APPROVED 06/07/2013 13:27:23 -
    A1369-00521-2007-BP01 BCA-CSC-APPLN FOR SITE INSPECTION DATE CONFIRMED 19/10/2012 13:44:50 -
    A1369-00521-2007-BP01 BCA-TOP-APPLN SUSPENDED 26/12/2012 17:31:22 -
    A1369-00521-2007-BP01 PRE SUBMISSION CONSULTATIONS RECEIVED 29/09/2011 20:43:32 -
    [/CODE]

This is the history for Gale. TOP application similarly put on suspended status but never updated after although on BCA's record TOP is issued Jan 2013.

This means Gale:
    1. Applied for CSC inspection mid-Oct
    2. Applied (and suspended) TOP end-Dec (2 months later)
    3. Received TOP in Jan (1 month after TOP application or 3 months CSC inspection application)

Hedges applied CSC inspection mid-Oct (2 days earlier than Gale on-year), while concurrently applied for TOP. So there is possibility for TOP in Dec or Jan if this is anything to go by.

Anyone knows when the first owner received notice to collect keys? From the Gale thread, the first update was only in Apr.

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightcentre View Post
    [CODE]
    A1207-00002-2010-BP01 APP FOR MODIFICATION-WAIVER OF BUILDG REGULATIONS ISSUE WAIVER LETTER 19/09/2014 09:42:27 -
    A1207-00002-2010-BP01 BCA-CSC-APPLN FOR SITE INSPECTION PROCESSING 17/10/2014 11:17:34 -
    A1207-00002-2010-BP01 BCA-TOP-APPLN SUSPENDED 17/10/2014 11:25:26 -
    A1207-00002-2010-BP01 BP PLAN APPROVAL BP APPROVED 02/03/2011 14:43:51 -
    A1207-00002-2010-BP01 PRE SUBMISSION CONSULTATIONS RECEIVED 10/02/2014 16:13:42 -
    [/CODE]

Seems like a TOP application was submitted last week but now suspended. Hopefully this is a procedural issue i.e. placeholder application in advance while the site inspection is in progress and can be approved immediately on passing inspection? Anyone familiar?
    Sorry for not answering your question. I'm not familiar.
    however, how to get that data?

Quote Originally Posted by makancula View Post
    Sorry for not answering your question. I'm not familiar.
    however, how to get that data?
    https://www.bca.gov.sg/eservice/SubmissionStatus.aspx

Lock in the project number u can see Liao

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightcentre View Post
    [CODE]
    A1369-00521-2007-BP01 APP FOR MODIFICATION-WAIVER OF BUILDG REGULATIONS ISSUE WAIVER LETTER 27/12/2012 15:16:18 -
    A1369-00521-2007-BP01 BCA-CSC-APPLN APPROVED 06/07/2013 13:27:23 -
    A1369-00521-2007-BP01 BCA-CSC-APPLN FOR SITE INSPECTION DATE CONFIRMED 19/10/2012 13:44:50 -
    A1369-00521-2007-BP01 BCA-TOP-APPLN SUSPENDED 26/12/2012 17:31:22 -
    A1369-00521-2007-BP01 PRE SUBMISSION CONSULTATIONS RECEIVED 29/09/2011 20:43:32 -
    [/CODE]

This is the history for Gale. TOP application similarly put on suspended status but never updated after although on BCA's record TOP is issued Jan 2013.

This means Gale:
    1. Applied for CSC inspection mid-Oct
    2. Applied (and suspended) TOP end-Dec (2 months later)
    3. Received TOP in Jan (1 month after TOP application or 3 months CSC inspection application)

Hedges applied CSC inspection mid-Oct (2 days earlier than Gale on-year), while concurrently applied for TOP. So there is possibility for TOP in Dec or Jan if this is anything to go by.

Anyone knows when the first owner received notice to collect keys? From the Gale thread, the first update was only in Apr.

Gale started issuing keys from end Jan 2013.

So hopefully we can obtain our keys before cny 2015...

Just came back from yet another routine progress inspection. In short, there is some progress, but still not any cause for champagne popping. Still a bit more to go. Not massive, but not that quick nonetheless. I saw another 3 groups/person checking things out as well. I arrived last so by the time I had done my round of photos all had left. So hello soon-to-be-neighbours here instead.

Staging area for some of the plants.

I was wondering what this was until I reach the "front" of the development. These are the stone slabs leading to the patio entrance of the ground floor units.

Looking pretty much the same as the last round.

Getting ready for the soil to fill the pit.

The wall behind the dropoff point. I like the way the vertical landscaping look. And of course the colour palette instead of simply monotone.

The pedestrian entrance by the main entrance. Got a "trapped" feeling being bounded by 2 walls.

The water feature by the entrance. This is just by the right of the pedestrian entrance.

The driveway. The little water feature/pond in the centre is looking quite smallish.

Shelter structure is primed. I hope we do not see bare structural steel but covered with timber.

Clubhouse exterior "accessorised".

Carpark road tiles are completed. I actually think the clearance allows for higher than 2.1m.

Looks like the entire pathway is intended for vegetation. I wonder if a cemented walkway might be layer on top? I half suspect some/many people would be walking down this "shortcut" and trampling upon the poor vegetation.

Marina pool. It looks a little deep (mood) unlike the children's pool looking all bright and green and light spirited.

Not sure if you could make out anything, but this seems to be the "best" view into the kitchen.

I am getting to like these young seedlings!
    [

The children's book is really growing onto me. I like the mood and palm spring feeling.

More tiling to be done.

Stone benches behind the blocks.

I find this gap too wide. Hope they do something about it.

It's not all stone wall and wire fencing. There's actually a little but of wood albeit only at the corner of the Upper Changi junction. Hope this is not it and more work would be done to conceal the metal base.

Workmanship not satisfactory. The levelling is not well done. Rather obvious I would say.

The cut wasn't well planned. Hope they mend it well. They should have done the cutting from the inside instead if it were me.

"Stone fingers"
    [IMG]http://i1282.photobucket.com/albums/a523/dunspamme/Hedges%20Progress/Progress%2020141101/4AF0A1A5-FC0C-492F-B02F-852DC905F64B_zpszc3pe4m7.jpg[/IMG

The signage at the corner of the Upper Changi junction. The font is a little thin. I reckon this would be illuminated in the night?

This would be a nice corner for a mini nursery growing organic tomatoes, herbs. I hope there'd be some nice landscaping on the wall. The corner units should have a nice view.

I see refrigerator (Electrolux) and washer in a few units.

Stone steps leading into the patio of ground floor units. Water feature not done yet.

Creepy crawlies!

Roofing for the side gate. I guess this is heat insulating from the look of it.

Surprising strong enough to withstand the weight of an adult human despite the "hollowness".

The walkway could be wider to better facilitate 2 way traffic with stroller, shopping bags, etc. In fact, why didn't they make the shelter wider than the walkway to give more shade when the sun is not directly above, and also shelter from the rain?

Actually I think the walkway would look nice with timber decking instead of bare cement. Let's see how this develops.

Tennis court.

I like the different woody colours on the lift building. Not everything needs to be shades of grey.

Half basketball court.

On my walk back I realised that they are doing up the public pavement too. There'd be some differing colours and patterns so it would not be looking so dull. Wonder how much of the public pavement they would be doing? This is about 10m left of the entrance (looking out).

I seriously hope everything is done up and only cleaning is left in the next 2 weeks! Fingers crossed!

Thanks LRC for the detailed updates. I was planning to drive down today and you saved me a lot of time. Cheers

Default Advise needed

Thanks LRC for the pics!..

I am currently in US and relocating back to Singapore end of this Dec. I was hoping if the TOP could have happened by end of Dec. I have two questions and appreciate feedback from this group.

1. Is there a definitive means to find the TOP date ? Will writing to the developer help?.. If yes, has somebody already did inquire officially and what was the response.

2. Will it be wise to get a renovation done while you are living in the unit. I have a four bedder and we are family of 4, two adults vd two kids. I will not need Reno in kitchen n toilets.. Primary one in living n balcony, bunker bed build up in one room, study room conversion in one and minor Reno in master bedroom.. Can this be done whilst we are living in the unit?..

Any similar plans by any other members?..

Also any recommendation for good Reno companies basis your own personal experience.

Looking fwd for comments and advise.

Best rgds, Gull

Quote Originally Posted by gull View Post
    Thanks LRC for the pics!..

I am currently in US and relocating back to Singapore end of this Dec. I was hoping if the TOP could have happened by end of Dec. I have two questions and appreciate feedback from this group.

1. Is there a definitive means to find the TOP date ? Will writing to the developer help?.. If yes, has somebody already did inquire officially and what was the response.

2. Will it be wise to get a renovation done while you are living in the unit. I have a four bedder and we are family of 4, two adults vd two kids. I will not need Reno in kitchen n toilets.. Primary one in living n balcony, bunker bed build up in one room, study room conversion in one and minor Reno in master bedroom.. Can this be done whilst we are living in the unit?..

Any similar plans by any other members?..

Also any recommendation for good Reno companies basis your own personal experience.

Looking fwd for comments and advise.

Best rgds, Gull

Hello Gull

1) think TOP wise nobody have a definite answer to it

2) I owned a Reno company and I am also an owner for a unit in hedges park. In my opinion, I wouldn't suggest owner to stay in while Reno is going on. Firstly, safety aspect. Secondly, it's very dusty. Thirdly - noise pollution. Based on these 3 points, its definitely not a healthy stay-in environment for both adults and especially you have kids. Lastly, you need to check defects and rectify with management before your contractor comes in. This is just my thoughts and some experience with previous clients.

Just some of my thoughts for your consideration.....

Quote Originally Posted by Shihtzus View Post
    Hello Gull

1) think TOP wise nobody have a definite answer to it

2) I owned a Reno company and I am also an owner for a unit in hedges park. In my opinion, I wouldn't suggest owner to stay in while Reno is going on. Firstly, safety aspect. Secondly, it's very dusty. Thirdly - noise pollution. Based on these 3 points, its definitely not a healthy stay-in environment for both adults and especially you have kids. Lastly, you need to check defects and rectify with management before your contractor comes in. This is just my thoughts and some experience with previous clients.

Just some of my thoughts for your consideration.....
    Hi Shihtzus, are you still in the reno business? Do you have any tips or advise to share?

Hello leftrightcentre, first of all..a big thank you for your constant updates of wonderful pictures.

Let's not put it as advice but we can all share our ideas and suggestions.

- I personally feel Communication and understanding between yourself and your ID is very important. Renovation is always a 2 way traffic, your needs and wants may not be practical, therefore this is the time when your contractor should be able to give you ideas and alternative.
    - keep a budget in mind.
    - for those looking for additional carpentry work and wants to match it well with current provided carpentry, suggest to check with our builder for the suppliers of those laminated materials, so Reno co can link up with supplier for quotation etc. or contractor can start hunting for similar materials.
    - if you are choosing be it laminated, wallpaper - do remember most samples are in small cuttings. Therefore, always try to visualized the whole finished effect , never rush in choosing if time permits.
    - if possible, defects checking with the management should be done before contractor comes in to avoid any dispute later.

Just some personal pointers for all my new neighbours here.....hope it helps....

Dear Shihtzus,

Thanks for ur tips, appreciate it.

Any fresh news on TOP date?..

Best rgds, Gull

Was sharing this defect checklist in other threads: http://diva79.blogspot.sg/2014/10/hd...revisited.html should be useful as I have bookmarked this since its the very first thing homeowners should check.

Got tons of reno tips too...but Shihtzus, would you be able to provide us homeowners more reno tips? Are we able to use glass curtains for our balcony?