Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Rainforest EC new launch

Quote Originally Posted by yjcai
    Oh then look at this
    http://www.trilliant.com.sg/
    near 400 psf land price, near 2 MRT. How much will this EC costs.
    see the sqft of 3rm starting at 872 sqft know liao . It will cost the same quantum. psf wise $850-920

Quote Originally Posted by dtrax
    see the sqft of 3rm starting at 872 sqft know liao . It will cost the same quantum. psf wise $850-920
    Highest ec psf is only 750psf leh. They want to sabotage the objectives of the cooling measures?

Developers are using the lower cost of buying the land, the exclusivity of being part of the EC craze, and the government grant for Singaporeans and PR to their full advantage.
    Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

Quote Originally Posted by ecimbew
    Developers are using the lower cost of buying the land, the exclusivity of being part of the EC craze, and the government grant for Singaporeans and PR to their full advantage.
    It'll be the ultimate if they took over the building of ec. For now this looks like a lucrative market.

i think EC is a good buy in this market. There is no difference between EC n PC with 5 year lock-in.

EC give you a grant discount. definitely good buy

ikan bilis is offline i'm Buaya ! Girls BEWARE !!...

Quote Originally Posted by Lovelle
    i think EC is a good buy in this market. There is no difference between EC n PC with 5 year lock-in.

haha... yah hor... not fair...
    they should make EC having 5yr MOP + another 4yr 4-16% SSD...

If u include 3yrs construction, the 4 years SSD for EC is almost not existence.
    If u intend to buy for stay for at least 5 yrs den rainforest confirm better den mi casa. The resale price between this two after 5 years will be very close.

Quote Originally Posted by Adva181
    If u intend to buy for stay for at least 5 yrs den rainforest confirm better den mi casa. The resale price between this two after 5 years will be very close.
    Not easy to qualify for EC and one is almost ready for completion

EC is suitable for 2nd timer and 1st timer should go for bto if within income ceiling

what i mean is 3yr construction + 5yr MOP, then after that add another 4yr of 4-16% SSD... should lock them down die die for 12yrs...

Quote Originally Posted by Rosy
    Not easy to qualify for EC and one is almost ready for completion

EC is suitable for 2nd timer and 1st timer should go for bto if within income ceiling
    first timer may be ROM-ed first and wait for EC completion then wedding,... like bto like that.... and hor, these days also got very cheap compact EC like those $580K belysa 3bdr...

now the trick is to made it lower pricing as percived by potential buyers..so play with quantum...rainforest has acheived that at its 3 room and 2 room units if based on quantum ...should be of acceptable price range as compared to resale PC (or near TOP PC)...it will not be a surprise if u can find resale PC in that area selling lower than rainforest price psf...but due to the area of similar unit(in terms of looking at number of ROoms) which is bigger for resale PC the quantum is higher...
    Last edited by peterng8; 11-01-12 at 10:04.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Traditionally there are big differences:
    1) Quality (as always present)
    2) Number of units in the estate (>500 units usually)

However, Number (2) no longer true with many new condos estate having >500 units!

Quote Originally Posted by ikan bilis
    what i mean is 3yr construction + 5yr MOP, then after that add another 4yr of 4-16% SSD... should lock them down die die for 12yrs...
    if buy new launch pte condo, 4yrs ssd starts from option date. so it seems fair. only unfair to those buying resale pte condo

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Traditionally there are big differences:
    1) Quality (as always present)
    2) Number of units in the estate (>500 units usually)

However, Number (2) no longer true with many new condos estate having >500 units!
    hi teddy,

no2 is not true even in the past. there are ECs with less than 300 units available since 90s and early 20s. Quality wise, i also won't say it's inferior then PC (depend on which development). Nowadays, PC gave only mixed concrete and laminated wood. Old EC has granite and timber wood for rooms.

big drawback wld be ur neighbour profile (<$10k) and you won't find "atasness" in your neighbourhood. Some people maybe annoyed they cant find good lobang with this network....

as an investor, which one u see value then go for it

Quote Originally Posted by Rosy
    if buy new launch pte condo, 4yrs ssd starts from option date. so it seems fair. only unfair to those buying resale pte condo
    resale PC market is not so Rosy now, with so many choices such as Ec, new launch etc...and punishing restrictions such as CMs...coupled with macro env taken into consideration in recent spiking price fo these 2 years...what will happen to the transaction and price trend in 6 to 9 months to come is everyone guess....

Oh I see. Thanks for pointing out. I must say many of the newer private condos have deteriorated significantly in quality as well, worse still some even in CCR selling at premium price but giving cheap-skate quality! (OCR understandable since want to keep cost low and sell low).

hi teddy,

no2 is not true even in the past. there are ECs with less than 300 units available since 90s and early 20s. Quality wise, i also won't say it's inferior then PC (depend on which development). Nowadays, PC gave only mixed concrete and laminated wood. Old EC has granite and timber wood for rooms.

big drawback wld be ur neighbour profile (<$10k) and you won't find "atasness" in your neighbourhood. Some people maybe annoyed they cant find good lobang with this network....

I heard interesting coffeeshop talk recently: some people missed the boat and hence very quick to come out with CMs even though the price adjusted for inflation is not really high? Don't see them doing that in 1997 previously until price has peaked? Is this so?
    And the most bubblish of them all, the HDB flats, still not see strong cooling measure? Why on earth are PRs & citizens allowed to rent out their flat for making money when they are not living in them, worse still many PRs not even residing in Singapore anymore? These are causing HDB resale flats to stay at sky-high prices since not many sellers (little supply) while demand is very high! In the past, since HDB flats can't be rented out, they will have no chance but to sell, so increasing the HDB resale flats supply.

Quote Originally Posted by peterng8
    resale PC market is not so Rosy now, with so many choices such as Ec, new launch etc...and punishing restrictions such as CMs...coupled with macro env taken into consideration in recent spiking price fo these 2 years...what will happen to the transaction and price trend in 6 to 9 months to come is everyone guess....

this is wat me think hor.....

I heard interesting coffeeshop talk recently: some people missed the boat and hence very quick to come out with CMs even though the price adjusted for inflation is not really high? Don't see them doing that in 1997 previously until price has peaked? Is this so?
    if you remember,... actually, govt should be the one who speculate up hdb price... they introduce "contra"-system for resale hdb transaction... my impression was they purposely push up hdb price, but later everything out of control... people Q 3-4 days for new PC launch... and it should be 95/96 and not 97, price already started crashed in 96...

And the most bubblish of them all, the HDB flats, still not see strong cooling measure? Why on earth are PRs & citizens allowed to rent out their flat for making money when they are not living in them, worse still many PRs not even residing in Singapore anymore? These are causing HDB resale flats to stay at sky-high prices since not many sellers (little supply) while demand is very high! In the past, since HDB flats can't be rented out, they will have no chance but to sell, so increasing the HDB resale flats supply.
    some screw-ed up in hdb supply lah... too much shortage, short of resale flats and cheap rental flats, for both FT and locals.... so they cannot and dare not "touch" it now... but keep throwing out lots and lots of EC is a damn good solution....

yeah..heard that some PRs went back to their country and also continue to collect rental from their resale HDB at Sg...

anyway,to me past data can be used as a guide or reference and the price increase is not linear (this time we use CCk instead of woodlands he he, for eg, at 2009 3 bedders at CCK warren for eg 700K can get, begining of 2011 , 950K or more similar unit facing, 35% jump and this is considered moderate as compared to ther districts)..

i think KBW is churning out BTO etc like never before so going ahead will the price of resale HDB be moderated IF foreigners number has no significant increase?

haha....

FEO's hillsta..., near tech whye... far far from CCK mrt... 0.6-0.7km from Bt Panjang mrt... no next to mall...
    how much is it going to launch next.. 850psf ??...

yeah..heard that some PRs went back to their country and also continue to collect rental from their resale HDB at Sg...

anyway,to me past data can be used as a guide or reference and the price increase is not linear (this time we use CCk instead of woodlands he he, for eg, at 2009 3 bedders at CCK warren for eg 700K can get, begining of 2011 , 950K or more similar unit facing, 35% jump and this is considered moderate as compared to ther districts)..

i think KBW is churning out BTO etc like never before so going ahead will the price of resale HDB be moderated IF foreigners number has no significant increase?
    Factual data for anyone that like to analysis.

45min after the ballot opening, quota for 2nd-timers fully fill up.
    Then 75% of waiting crowd left the waiting area.

PS: For your warran, why dont you use key indicator? (AFC97/98=warran non-existence) (00/01, dot-com, sep11 & sars=warran 1066sft selling 440k) and (08/09=warran wat u stated)

it more than a good buy if comparing rainforest and micasa. although the earlier one using solidtop instead of granite, timberstrip rather than parquet, the basement carpark direct access up your unit in rain forest beat FEO micasa cock multistorey carpark.

Quote Originally Posted by apple3
    it more than a good buy if comparing rainforest and micasa. although the earlier one using solidtop instead of granite, timberstrip rather than parquet, the basement carpark direct access up your unit in rain forest beat FEO micasa cock multistorey carpark.
    I am talking in general not between micasa and rainforest coz i havent seen both. If they are side by side then go for the affordable one

Wah where is devil?

Trilliant Trilliant. What will Sim Lian do
    Affordable means small

Default Strong response for EC at Choa Chu Kang

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...176157/1/.html

Strong response for EC at Choa Chu Kang

SINGAPORE: There's been a strong take-up rate for the latest executive condominium (EC) project at Choa Chu Kang.

Some 150 units of The Rainforest were sold on the first day of booking.

The latest 466-unit development offer units priced from S$601,000 to S$1.01 million.

The Rainforest also saw strong demand from second-time buyers.

Only five per cent of the project is allocated to second-timers buyers, and the developer, City Developments Limited and TID Pte Ltd, a joint venture between Hong Leong Group and Mitsui Fudosan - said the units have all been taken up on Wednesday.

Second-time buyers will be able to place their bookings for remaining units on 11 February, one month from the public launch.

- CNA/ck

So how do second timers apply? First come first serve basis? They have to queue?

Quote Originally Posted by apple3
    yeap if there is only MSP in micasa than the situation is made worst as i see the site plan, there is no covered linkway to of the MSP(unless got underground linkage) meaning that raining day u have to walk in rain...there are a few FE projs with this so called "UNique design feature"

yeap if there is only MSP in micasa than the situation is made worst as i see the site plan, there is no covered linkway to of the MSP(unless got underground linkage) meaning that raining day u have to walk in rain...there are a few FE projs with this so called "UNique design feature"
    Car park is something buyers tend to neglect.....

yes...and later peopl will regret when/if they choose to drive later...imagine...early morning wake up and try searching for the car and ask question " which lvl did i park last nite" if there are many storeys in the MSP...secondly...IF with no link to tower from MSP, with unpredictable weather now...will get wet more easily and with more difficulty if come back from shopping with bags during heavy storm...PC with MSP...wonder why FE likes it so much due to its low cost I think...

Sure loh, what else?
    Don't understand why people pay private property price to stay in "HDB-like" estate, subject to rain, and looking around multi-storey for own car just like in shopping malls and to do that everyday?

Another grouse: Exposed lift lobby that you can get wet while waiting for your lift?
    "Private" lift that is not really "private" and end up waiting for ages for that 1 single lift to arrive?

yes...and later peopl will regret when/if they choose to drive later...imagine...early morning wake up and try searching for the car and ask question " which lvl did i park last nite" if there are many storeys in the MSP...secondly...IF with no link to tower from MSP, with unpredictable weather now...will get wet more easily and with more difficulty if come back from shopping with bags during heavy storm...PC with MSP...wonder why FE likes it so much due to its low cost I think...