Page 102 of 115 FirstFirst ... 7277828792979899100101102103104105106107112 ... LastLast
Results 3,031 to 3,060 of 3440

Thread: Watertown : Punggol Waterfront Living

Quote Originally Posted by Molotov View Post
    The last I heard from a Frasers guy was that the Waterway Point mall will be up and running in October 2015 or anytime b4 X'mas.
    They are targeting in 8 months' time? Going to be rush job then cos judging from exterior looks like long way to go. Before Chinese New Year will be more realistic. However, outwardly nobody can tell about the progress in the mall, could be completed.

Quote Originally Posted by chanel View Post
    Let's see the progress for the next 9 months, by then we should get a clearer picture. Retail/commercial should complete first without access to residential units. Since landscaping is more for residential, it has to progress concurrently with interior works.
    The cranes need to be removed before they start on the landscaping.

If we work backwards, the mall portion should be completed by end September for it to be opened by xmas.

Default New road over waterway

BTW, I saw some equipment on the open space near the waterway and suspected that something is going on. It seems there is going to be a new road over the waterway ! It will spoil the nice view of the waterway.

I couldn't find any information on LTA website but found it on Streetdirectory app. This should be accurate as they keep it updated.

You can see that they even separate Waterway Point and Watertown and showed the different TOP dates.

new road over waterway.jpg

New flyovers and bridges will be constructed to ease the road traffic in Punggol and better links to highways:

http://transport.asiaone.com/news/ge...links-highways

New flyovers and bridges will be constructed to ease the road traffic in Punggol and better links to highways:

http://transport.asiaone.com/news/ge...links-highways
    I have seen this before but that's for the eastern part of Punggol. Main purpose is to link Punggol to KPE and TPE.

The one I mentioned is something I have not seen in the news yet. The purpose of this new road over the Waterway seems to be providing direct access from Punggol Drive to Sumang Link and also to provide access to the upcoming facilities that will be sprouting up around the waterway i.e Town Centre (beside Watertown), Town Hub (with library, food centre, Community Club etc) and probably another mixed development.
    Last edited by alfanutz; 24-03-15 at 11:34.

Quote Originally Posted by alfanutz View Post
    I have seen this before but that's for the eastern part of Punggol. Main purpose is to link Punggol to KPE and TPE.

The one I mentioned is something I have not seen in the news yet. The purpose of this new road over the Waterway seems to be providing direct access from Punggol Drive to Sumang Link and also to provide access to the upcoming facilities that will be sprouting up around the waterway i.e Town Centre (beside Watertown), Town Hub (with library, food centre, Community Club etc) and probably another mixed development.
    It's gonna spoil the look of the Waterway!

It's gonna spoil the look of the Waterway!
    Not sure if it is 100% accurate.

Not sure if it is 100% accurate.
    Looks likely coz that mysterious bridge will link Sumang Link to the Buddhist temple stretch across that particular part of the Waterway. This will give more access to Waterway Point I believe. However the bridge is a good 150m away from WT...

Thumbs up

Looks likely coz that mysterious bridge will link Sumang Link to the Buddhist temple stretch across that particular part of the Waterway. This will give more access to Waterway Point I believe. However the bridge is a good 150m away from WT...
    Absolutely, the new road doesnt really make WT look bad if viewed from a distance since it's 150m away. Moreover it's to the advantage of motorists going to Waterpoint/Watertown, no need to drive one big circle from Sentul Crescent to Punggol Way. It makes road/traffic sense to have a straight road through from Punggol Drive to Sumang Link, which at the moment is a dead end of Punggol Drive and looks like a sore thumb. Believed that LTA did provision this new road to improve the traffic flow of Punggol Central. It definitely cuts down time and distance.
    Credit goes to alfanutz for this new discovery.
    https://www.google.com.sg/maps/@1.40...03.9033048,17z

Absolutely, the new road doesnt really make WT look bad if viewed from a distance since it's 150m away. Moreover it's to the advantage of motorists going to Waterpoint/Watertown, no need to drive one big circle from Sentul Crescent to Punggol Way. It makes road/traffic sense to have a straight road through from Punggol Drive to Sumang Link, which at the moment is a dead end of Punggol Drive and looks like a sore thumb. Believed that LTA did provision this new road to improve the traffic flow of Punggol Central. It definitely cuts down time and distance.
    Credit goes to alfanutz for this new discovery.
    https://www.google.com.sg/maps/@1.40...03.9033048,17z
    The look of Watertown won't be affected but those that have units at Watertown that overlook the Waterway will have their view impeded.

Imagine a road cutting across the Waterway. The view from Tower 4, 10 and 11 won't be as nice.

20131129-121426.jpg

Latest pictures taken from skyscrapercity.com:
    http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...1712732&page=2

Credit & many thanks to : mith252

I passed by Watertown and as per SOP, will always do a bit of recce.

Noticed something interesting, it seems like unit #04-86 (Sky Patio, Tower 10) has been installed with balcony grille, lights at balcony and the whole unit seems more "completed" than the others. I wonder if the developer is outfitting this unit as a showroom as there's still 7 Sky Patio that's unsold ?

The latest pricelist from Far East confirmed that #04-86 is still available.

http://www.fareast.com.sg/~/media/pr...1%20Dec%202014
    Last edited by alfanutz; 07-04-15 at 13:52.

Hope so, then we can view the unit as in real size, material finishings and workmanship. Wonder whether can requests Developer to have optional choice of have some electrical appliances stand alone than built-in, as prefer micro-wave ovens to be placed on kitchen top for easy cooking. Saw those blocks facing the LRT are so near, can see through the units from the LRT trains.
    Think there are 5 units of the 4-bedder unsold on lower floors and one 3 bedder on high floor, mostly on Tower 10 (probably too near the main road and noisy).
    Thanks for sharing this news.
    Last edited by chanel; 07-04-15 at 18:16.

Hope so, then we can view the unit as in real size, material finishings and workmanship. Wonder whether can requests Developer to have optional choice of have some electrical appliances stand alone than built-in, as prefer micro-wave ovens to be placed on kitchen top for easy cooking. Saw those blocks facing the LRT are so near, can see through the units from the LRT trains.
    Think there are 5 units of the 4-bedder unsold on lower floors and one 3 bedder on high floor, mostly on Tower 10 (probably too near the main road and noisy).
    Thanks for sharing this news.
    Tower 11 is even nearer to the main road where there will be a bus stop and yet it is sold out. I think the main reason is the quantum of the units are Tower 10. Those unsold units are mostly 4 bedders and are all above 2.2 million !

I took the LRT to check things out and you are right, the suites at Tower 5 facing the LRT track is quite near and it is an open view. However as the track approaches Tower 3, there's actually a barrier on the LRT track so Tower 3, 2 and 1 units are ok.

Tower 9 is also very near to Tower 6. Unit #79 and 80 are worse hit as I estimate about 15m - 20m space between them and the units at Tower 6 (#55, #56)

We think & do alike, last week-end I also hopped into the LRT and rode one round to view the surrrounding of the whole development, worst block is Tower 5. Didn't realise that Tower 11 is nearer to the road than Tower 10, mostly sold out are investors to rent out their units hence they don't bother with noise. Initially developer reserved front blocks assuming it will be more in demand & marketable, therefore they priced it over $2M for the 4 bedders but with discount, net price is approx. $1.7M

You are right regarding a new road across the waterway, it is now listed as "U/C - under construction" according to the latest map from the StreetDirectory :

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/proje...atertown-21150

We think & do alike, last week-end I also hopped into the LRT and rode one round to view the surrrounding of the whole development, worst block is Tower 5. Didn't realise that Tower 11 is nearer to the road than Tower 10, mostly sold out are investors to rent out their units hence they don't bother with noise. Initially developer reserved front blocks assuming it will be more in demand & marketable, therefore they priced it over $2M for the 4 bedders but with discount, net price is approx. $1.7M

You are right regarding a new road across the waterway, it is now listed as "U/C - under construction" according to the latest map from the StreetDirectory :

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/proje...atertown-21150
    uh oh, my unit is at Tower 5.. anyone knows which floor is at LRT track level?

Quote Originally Posted by simongoh2000 View Post
    uh oh, my unit is at Tower 5.. anyone knows which floor is at LRT track level?
    I looked at the picture I took when I was on the LRT and it looks like the track is on the same level as 1st floor of Watertown which is the mall level.

I looked at the picture I took when I was on the LRT and it looks like the track is on the same level as 1st floor of Watertown which is the mall level.
    oh ok, then i should be safe..

If this illustration is anything to go by, the first floor of Tower 5 should not see LRT train itself, not to say the tracks

Capture.PNG

Quote Originally Posted by simongoh2000 View Post
    If this illustration is anything to go by, the first floor of Tower 5 should not see LRT train itself, not to say the tracks

Capture.PNG
    You should use this instead.

https://s.yimg.com/lo/api/res/1.2/aR...-04.jpg.cf.jpg

And according to it, the LRT track is somewhere between 2nd and 3rd floor.
    Last edited by alfanutz; 10-04-15 at 10:44.

You should use this instead.

https://s.yimg.com/lo/api/res/1.2/aR...-04.jpg.cf.jpg

And according to it, the LRT track is somewhere between 2nd and 3rd floor.
    This morning took a ride on Ponggol LRT and from the train can see through levels of 1st & 2nd floor of residential units. 3rd floor upwards not that bad.

This pic was taken at the end of Jan 2015.

CCUYMsvUIAE-zuR.jpg

Watertown Punggol FB posted a picture of a view from 3rd floor of Watertown. The view looks like from Tower 10. I mentioned last week that it seems #03-86 is being outfitted and this picture confirms it.

https://www.facebook.com/WatertownPu...type=1&fref=nf

Watertown Punggol FB posted a picture of a view from 3rd floor of Watertown. The view looks like from Tower 10. I mentioned last week that it seems #03-86 is being outfitted and this picture confirms it.

https://www.facebook.com/WatertownPu...type=1&fref=nf
    This unit is available for sale - possibly this could be a show-flat.
    A good buy with all the interiors but not cheap though.

I think it is #04-86 instead of #03-86.

Does buying a unit with all the interiors mean that all the original defects are covered up by interior design and finishings already?

I went to take some photos of Watertown from the Waterway Terrace.

https://plus.google.com/photos/11768...CLLXgN7ftKjvWg

BTW, Waterway Terrace is a really nice BTO. The design is really unique. They have facilities on some of the higher floor and it gives a good view of the surrounding. It is at these places that I took pictures of Watertown.

I think another 2 months, all the Sky Patio and condos will be completed in terms of reaching the top floor. Tower 7 seems to be the slowest.

By the way, if you look at the picture of Watertown where you can see the inner stacks, you might noticed that unit #04-83 has the balcony grilles as well.

In the same picture, you can also see that they are building the Hot Spa pool and Islet Hydrotherapy pool.

I think most are aware that Waterway Point has 2 main anchor tenants at basement, namely NTUC Finest and Shaw Theatres.

But what about other tenants ?

Someone actually updated the list on wikipedia :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waterway_Point