Page 103 of 115 FirstFirst ... 73788388939899100101102103104105106107108113 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,090 of 3440

Thread: Watertown : Punggol Waterfront Living

For those keen to follow the construction progress of Watertown, you can see it here :

http://www.fraserscentrepointhomes.c....php?projid=57

It is currently shown as 38% but I think once all the towers are up, the progress should be pretty fast.

Latest pictures taken this evening:

BTW, the LRT train can see directly into units of level 2 of tower 5

Thanks Chanel.

BTW, it seems that the 3rd floor unit at Tower 3 is being fitted out ?

alfanutz - you have real sharp eyes, didn't see it.
    Wonder why they chose that unit to fit out since the whole block has been sold out. If developer wants to market their balance units which are the 4-bedders, they should select block 10 or 11 as the top 14th floor of both blocks are already completed.

Chanel, they did outfit a unit at Tower 10 (block 79), specifically #04-86.

BTW, Tower 10 and 11 are 12 storey. Tower 4, 8 and 9 are 14 storey.

From your picture, I can see that there is a barrier (plastic ?) constructed on the 2nd level of the mall, in front and below Tower 10.

Close up of mall:

Following in the footstep of one of the forumer here, I did some search on the internet and found some interesting information.

Electrical installation works awarded to UES (United Engineers Singapore Pte Ltd).

http://www.ueec.sg/docs/UEEC%20AR%202013.pdf

Project timeline given as "secured a contract for electrical installation works to the proposed residential/commercial development for Waterway Point and Watertown at Punggol Central/Punggol Walk. The $35.2 million project is expected to be completed in two phases by July 2015 and July 2016 respectively."

Flooring will be installed by Jason Holdings.

http://infopub.sgx.com/FileOpen/JH_A...&FileID=343889

Wow alfanutz, thanks for the resourceful info.
    Developer is aiming for end of the year opening of Waterpoint Mall by targeting to complete electrical works by July 2016. Hope no hasty work to result in bad workmanship with just only 2 months away.

They are really working hard to meet the deadline. I saw them putting up the "P" sign showing the way to the mall parking.

It will be quite a feat if they can pull it off.

According to the latest progress update from Fraser, Watertown is now 50% completed as of end May. It was 38% at end April. It seem to be progressing well.

Initially, I was not too optimistic about the mall opening by end of this year but when I look at the progress pictures of Bedok Mall where even 1 month before the opening, things were in a mess, I now think it is possible that the mall can open end of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by alfanutz View Post
    According to the latest progress update from Fraser, Watertown is now 50% completed as of end May. It was 38% at end April. It seem to be progressing well.

Initially, I was not too optimistic about the mall opening by end of this year but when I look at the progress pictures of Bedok Mall where even 1 month before the opening, things were in a mess, I now think it is possible that the mall can open end of the year.
    Targeting to open before Xmas which is 6 months' away? Hope they don't rush to shoddy workmanship, prefers slow and steady wins the race.

Quote Originally Posted by chanel View Post
    Targeting to open before Xmas which is 6 months' away? Hope they don't rush to shoddy workmanship, prefers slow and steady wins the race.
    Agree ! Hope that everything is smooth and safe.

I hope the mall has good tenant mix. So far, I like the malls that are managed by Capitaland.

any guess whether the TOP will be earlier than Q1 2017?
    so far, have paid for the concrete framework. anyone paid for the "brickwalls" yet?

Quote Originally Posted by simongoh2000 View Post
    so far, have paid for the concrete framework. anyone paid for the "brickwalls" yet?
    I think only the developer will know. I think we can only make an educated guess.

I think all the residential towers should be completed by end July.

When they start doing the landscaping, we can add another 6 months for the TOP date.

I am looking forward to the mall and SAFRA punggol. Just wondering why they have not started with the construction of the town hub (food centre, cc, library etc) ? I don't want to keep eating at food court though there's a eating house at Waterway Terrace and ParcVista which is maybe 7 - 10 minute walk.

Quote Originally Posted by simongoh2000 View Post
    Based on payment schedule, both brickwall and ceiling estimated time of completion by end of this year probably brickwall in Aug and ceiling in Dec 2015. Not surprised TOP maybe obtained by 3rd quarter of 2016 although official date stated in legal document is 1st quarter 2017, this is to protect developers' interest in case of delay. Case in point, A Treasure Trove just obtained TOP few weeks ago but legal document indicated Nov 2015.

I found a website that tracks BTO and condo progress. Watertown is one of the condos they track.

What is interesting is they actually have progress indicator and also photos of the progress.

http://www.ownhome.sg/progress-detail/watertown

Anyone know whether the Condo unit are having sliding glass windows at living room to the balcony or is it folding doors (as seen in the floor plan) ?

Updated progress as at 3 July 2015:

credit to : ownhome.sg

@alfanutz - according to specs, it's aluminium framed door no other detail whether it's sliding or folding.

Updated progress as at 3 July 2015:

credit to : ownhome.sg

@alfanutz - according to specs, it's aluminium framed door no other detail whether it's sliding or folding.
    Hope it has the ability to open fully and to the side so that the view is not impeded.

From the floor plan of the suites, it seem to be sliding glass door

Hope it has the ability to open fully and to the side so that the view is not impeded.

From the floor plan of the suites, it seem to be sliding glass door
    You are right, suite & soho floor plans show sliding doors, whereas Skypatio are folding doors.

You are right, suite & soho floor plans show sliding doors, whereas Skypatio are folding doors.
    Both Sky Patio and Condo to be exact.

Both Sky Patio and Condo to be exact.
    Can ask developer to change? If not, are we allowed to change it?

Quote Originally Posted by sying View Post
    Can ask developer to change? If not, are we allowed to change it?
    I doubt the developer will accede to such request.

I think should be able to change the folding doors at the living room/balcony as that does not affect the facade of the development.

BTW, I was looking at the "Schedule of Strata Units" from BCA for Watertown and saw that there's indeed commercial unit(s) at B3 ! The total area at B3 for commercial is 1467 sqm.

That's equivalent to 10 x 4 rooms Sky Patio !

I just can't find any info on B3, no floor plan etc.

Anyone knows how a resident can get to his unit from the basement carpark ?

Not sure if I am correct but the following is based on my own assumptions (from the available floor plans).

There are a total of 5 lift lobbies that goes up to the residential level and from there, you need to take the lift up to your unit. These 5 transfer lift lobbies are located at the following tower/stack.

Tower 3, stack 10/11
    Tower 5, stack 27/28
    Tower 6, stack 35/36
    Tower 7, stack 60
    Tower 11, stack 89

If anyone has the actual information, please share

Thanks.

Based on last evening's view, looks like residential may TOP by mid 2016, all towers have topped up. However developer FE seems optimistic to open the Mall by end of Dec 2015. Maybe too rush but timing is of the essence as Compass Mall in Seng Kang (both malls managed by same Centrpoint management) will be closed for renovation and most big retails may move over to Waterpoint.
    See latest update :

https://www.facebook.com/punggol21?fref=nf

Based on last evening's view, looks like residential may TOP by mid 2016, all towers have topped up. However developer FE seems optimistic to open the Mall by end of Dec 2015. Maybe too rush but timing is of the essence as Compass Mall in Seng Kang (both malls managed by same Centrpoint management) will be closed for renovation and most big retails may move over to Waterpoint.
    See latest update :

https://www.facebook.com/punggol21?fref=nf
    If I am not wrong, Tower 6 and 7 has not reached the top yet. I think tower 7 still has another 1 - 2 floors to go.

Once the cranes come down, it take at least 8 month+ to TOP. For River Isles, i think the crane came down last year March but they have not TOP yet. For H2O residences, cranes came down in Oct last year and they TOP in June this year. A Treasure Trove started dismantling the cranes in April last year and obtained TOP this May.

Once they take down the crane, we can have a better estimation. Currently, official TOP by Far East based on their latest home owner's magazine is Q4 2016.

I was at Punggol yesterday and as usual will check out the progress of Watertown.

Tower 7 is up to 12th floor. Tower 6 should be 12 or 13 floor. Tower 1,2,3 and 4 has reached the top floor and they should be building the tennis court now.

I think the cranes should be coming down end Sept when all Towers have top out. The progress from Fraser website state 60% completion, up 5% from last month.

BTW, I noticed something new on the waterway, it seems they are planting some pockets of grasses on it. I don't know what's the exact word but imagine floating grass patch.

BTW, I noticed something new on the waterway, it seems they are planting some pockets of grasses on it. I don't know what's the exact word but imagine floating grass patch.
    Did you take pictures, curious to see how it looks like?
    Thanks for the update. Recently I took MRT & LRT without getting out of the station just to see the progress. Once, was chased by 2 wild dogs, now dare not go to the open field fronting WT.