Page 13 of 115 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314151617182328333843 ... LastLast

Thread: Watertown : Punggol Waterfront Living

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    showcasing your latest purchase? heh.
    yep, as well as seeing what my committed purchase has to offer...

only managed to see the 2BR condo showroom yesterday.

but with so many blocks packed in, the landscaping can't be that big no? maybe the pools were the costly bit. can't imagine anything else costing that much to maintain.
    seriously, i oso donoe why it is so high...but based on all the FEO projects i have seen, their maintenance fees tend to be on the high side...

always near $300.

I just hope the high fees is aligned with higher quality of maintenance.

Quote Originally Posted by Panerex77
    seriously, i oso donoe why it is so high...but based on all the FEO projects i have seen, their maintenance fees tend to be on the high side...

always near $300.

I just hope the high fees is aligned with higher quality of maintenance.
    for that number of units, as long as the management fees aren't astronomical, you can expect to have a very fat sinking fund.

Quote Originally Posted by Xan
    My guess is wee hur will not price at 1000+psf as this is very close to watertown price. It will price at ard 900 psf which is similar to ATT. If price at 1k plus psf, pple might as well buy watertown. anyway, it also depends on the unit size and quantum. My gut feel is still can wait and see see look look instead of committing to watertown. Also not forgetting theres too many condos around thid area. Competition for rental or selling is a problem. If price too high.. I rathet save bullet for yishun hub
    The price for ATT and Watertown will appreciate by the time Wee Hur project launch. So you can't buy today Watertown and ATT price by then.

Quote Originally Posted by beepbeep
    The price for ATT and Watertown will appreciate by the time Wee Hur project launch. So you can't buy today Watertown and ATT price by then.
    i don't think wee hur will take their time to launch their project. there's almost the possibility of more CMs in the horizon. might as well strike while the iron is hot and ride on the watertown craze.

oh they're open today? hmmm... if nothing to do go down later.
    Dont go. Sometimes you cant resist the tenptation

utter stupidity opens opportunities to the competent

Quote Originally Posted by Panerex77
    i looked at the wee hur site..next to Bus Interchange...don't really like it. Imagine hearing buses rumbling at 12+am (last bus) and 5+am (1st bus).

between ATT and Wee Hur, i would still prefer ATT.

I have a feeling Wee Hur will price the lowest among ATT and WT, since it has the lowest land cost among the 3.

Having said all these..do you guys generally think while developers may price their units lower, in terms of furnishing and quality, they may compromise? Keppeland, CapLand and FEO generally give a more atas finishing as compared to smaller developers. You agree?
    Watertown is still the best among 3. But i hv doubts in terms of its profit margin when it is priced kinda high. A 560sqft sells at 650k approx. I cannot imagine anyone will buy from me at 700k plus in future esp when we are talking it at punggol. I will give it a miss.

dropped in 3pm at about, and learnt
    1.highest price done was 4 bedders facing the waterway, >$1500 psf or $2m.
    2. about 480 units out of 500 units launched

gave up the as the showflat was so packed with loud music....

Which means to say that if wee hur don't chub pattern, it should sell lower than Watertown and ATT. Thanks for the info
    The frontage is not at the water ways. I guess that would be reason enough that it would be price lower.

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna

Capitaland will be relieved to see FEO selling 1500psf at punggol. There's some hope they will get out in one piece on their Bishan project. Having said that, the bidding for the adjacent Bishan plot will be interesting.

Capitaland will be relieved to see FEO selling 1500psf at punggol. There's some hope they will get out in one piece on their Bishan project. Having said that, the bidding for the adjacent Bishan plot will be interesting.
    Quite impressed by how many people are willing to bite at such high quantums for a Punggol apartment. Dropped by the showflat quickly and it was really very full, and was quoted about $1m for a 2 bedroom facing the lrt tracks on the 3rd floor.

Quite ridiculous, frankly speaking.

Quote Originally Posted by bluedurian
    Quite impressed by how many people are willing to bite at such high quantums for a Punggol apartment. Dropped by the showflat quickly and it was really very full, and was quoted about $1m for a 2 bedroom facing the lrt tracks on the 3rd floor.

It is. And these buyers don't seem to be concerned of the possibility of more CMs down the road.

It is. And these buyers don't seem to be concerned of the possibility of more CMs down the road.
    And I was told that the final tower of residences was released this morning with 3 bedroom units starting from 1.25m. Well, at least KBW now knows who's driving the housing market.

(Not who he thought, that's for sure.)

And I was told that the final tower of residences was released this morning with 3 bedroom units starting from 1.25m. Well, at least KBW now knows who's driving the housing market.

(Not who he thought, that's for sure.)
    Next cooling measure should be to ban Far East from bidding for any land parcel for 5 years. They tend to set out of the world pricing.

what waterway - its so muddy - on paper its all blue and nice but on site....
    go and see it to know what u r buying into - hats off for sleek advertising

Quote Originally Posted by samuelk
    The frontage is not at the water ways. I guess that would be reason enough that it would be price lower.

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna

wow.. at $1500psf.. u sure the price is after discount ?

It's a man-made river.

Anyway, they bought this land for a billion right? Of course they have to sell expensively.
    Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

Quote Originally Posted by Kenshinto80
    Next cooling measure should be to ban Far East from bidding for any land parcel for 5 years. They tend to set out of the world pricing.
    Good for those in the vicinity who did not buy any FEO projects, I suppose?

And I do feel quite bad for those who were persuaded into paying upwards of $1m for a 2 bedroom in Punggol facing the LRT tracks.

Even more interesting quite a number r buying for investment and thinking that they can be easily rented out...

Good luck to the investors

If buying Watertown at 1500 psf still can sell 1700psf in near future, then I guess no other properties in Singapore will incur any loss in near future.

If buying Watertown at 1500 psf still can sell 1700psf in near future, then I guess no other properties in Singapore will incur any loss in near future.
    Even the idea of selling Watertown at $1300-1400psf is a foreign one. FEO obviously overhyped the mall (which honestly isn't really all that large) and the waterway (which as someone correctly pointed out here, is murky brown).

Even the idea of selling Watertown at $1300-1400psf is a foreign one. FEO obviously overhyped the mall (which honestly isn't really all that large) and the waterway (which as someone correctly pointed out here, is murky brown).
    Tat the wonder of FEO

Quote Originally Posted by Allthepies
    Even more interesting quite a number r buying for investment and thinking that they can be easily rented out...

Good luck to the investors
    at those prices, i wonder if they should be described as specuvestors more...

err... i would not say its 'the wonder of FEO'

but more likely its the gullibility of the newbie investors
    who flock in a herd like mentality without proper homework

Quote Originally Posted by Allthepies
    Tat the wonder of FEO

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...178800/1/.html

Huge crowds flock to Watertown showflat
    By Vimita Mohandas | Posted: 24 January 2012 2041 hrs
    Photos 1 of 1
    Watertown showflat in Punggol Central.

SINGAPORE: It's the second day of the Lunar New Year and while most were out and about visiting friends and relatives, hundreds flocked to the Watertown showflat in Punggol Central.

The S$1.6 billion project has attracted brisk sales since the launch on January 20, and 500 units out of 596 released have been snapped up (as at Tuesday 9pm).

Buyers made sure they took time off from visiting relatives and friends to check out the showflats.

A lady said: "We've done visiting already. So we wanted to do some shopping around for a house. The units have already been sold pretty fast, so we are trying to grab some opportunity and see if we can get some good deals before it gets fully sold."

A man said: "This Chinese New Year, we had some spare time and I think the Watertown project is exciting. Punggol is an up and coming town to be in. Look at the vibrancy here! It's a great place to be here on Chinese New Year!"

Another shared similar sentiments: "We took some time off from visiting friends and relatives just to take a look at Watertown because we thought we just come by and look at the showflat, and of course to check out the pricing as well."

Watertown is the first integrated waterfront development in Singapore.

It is situated directly above Waterway Point that will host popular shops, boutiques and Singapore's first basement cinema.

The 992-unit development comprises Suites, SOHO apartments, Sky Patios and Residences and the price ranges from S$980 to S$1,500 per square foot.

- CNA/ck

time for them to take out their centro to sell again since punggol just did 1500psf. *shakes head*

Quote Originally Posted by ppty
    err... i would not say its 'the wonder of FEO'

but more likely its the gullibility of the newbie investors
    who flock in a herd like mentality without proper homework
    But I think they work in tandem though. Only newbie investors would be swayed by having a mall "3x the size of Wisma Atria" under their apartments when A Treasure Trove is located just across the road and made headlines less than 6 months ago for significantly lower prices.

this is really pushing for CM6. far east alone will have sold more than 1000 units in jan 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by pineapple
    http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...178800/1/.html

Huge crowds flock to Watertown showflat
    By Vimita Mohandas | Posted: 24 January 2012 2041 hrs
    http://www.channelnewsasia.com/compo....php?id=480294 Photos 1 of 1
    Watertown showflat in Punggol Central.

SINGAPORE: It's the second day of the Lunar New Year and while most were out and about visiting friends and relatives, hundreds flocked to the Watertown showflat in Punggol Central.

The S$1.6 billion project has attracted brisk sales since the launch on January 20, and 500 units out of 596 released have been snapped up (as at Tuesday 9pm).

Buyers made sure they took time off from visiting relatives and friends to check out the showflats.

A lady said: "We've done visiting already. So we wanted to do some shopping around for a house. The units have already been sold pretty fast, so we are trying to grab some opportunity and see if we can get some good deals before it gets fully sold."

A man said: "This Chinese New Year, we had some spare time and I think the Watertown project is exciting. Punggol is an up and coming town to be in. Look at the vibrancy here! It's a great place to be here on Chinese New Year!"

Another shared similar sentiments: "We took some time off from visiting friends and relatives just to take a look at Watertown because we thought we just come by and look at the showflat, and of course to check out the pricing as well."

Watertown is the first integrated waterfront development in Singapore.

It is situated directly above Waterway Point that will host popular shops, boutiques and Singapore's first basement cinema.

The 992-unit development comprises Suites, SOHO apartments, Sky Patios and Residences and the price ranges from S$980 to S$1,500 per square foot.

- CNA/ck

yah, d'leedon leh? i remember they were slammed for trying to sell at 1600-1700psf. a new project to take the heat of them.