Page 14 of 115 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415161718192429343944 ... LastLast

Thread: Watertown : Punggol Waterfront Living

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    for that number of units, as long as the management fees aren't astronomical, you can expect to have a very fat sinking fund.
    What can residents benefit with a fat sinking fund?

Quote Originally Posted by Panerex77
    What can residents benefit with a fat sinking fund?
    major paintwork every 5 years without you coming out with a cent? lift replacement never need to come out with a cent? well maintained facilities 365 days? grade A security guard?

major paintwork every 5 years without you coming out with a cent? lift replacement never need to come out with a cent? well maintained facilities 365 days? grade A security guard?
    And Grade A security guard is of absolute importance in this development.

Quote Originally Posted by bluedurian
    And Grade A security guard is of absolute importance in this development.
    it was meant to be a tongue in cheek remark. if centris and compass point have been living on a grade b or whatever grade security, watertown shouldn't need a grade a jaga lah.

it was meant to be a tongue in cheek remark. if centris and compass point have been living on a grade b or whatever grade security, watertown shouldn't need a grade a jaga lah.
    Oh, but my friends living in such developments say that they have had quite a few cases of strangers creep in to use their facilities because the security at their place used to be quite lax. Not sure if it's been tightened since.

Oh, but my friends living in such developments say that they have had quite a few cases of strangers creep in to use their facilities because the security at their place used to be quite lax. Not sure if it's been tightened since.
    oh that's interesting to note...

Another reason for good sales is because most units here are small size. Many of the suite units have quantum less than 700k which was the lowest quantum for ATT 2 bedders.

This allows investors who could not afford ATT to buy a unit here.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    Another reason for good sales is because most units here are small size. Many of the suite units have quantum less than 700k which was the lowest quantum for ATT 2 bedders.

interesting point, so out of the 520 units sold, what was the breakdown in bedder type?

Oh gosh why don't those peeps buy a D15 fh instead for similar psf?!

Develper Big Huat liao for this CNY...

You are right, anything between $500K to $700K, with a Mall & MRT, many ppl willing to buy.

Look at Treasure Trove record -

A TREASURE TROVE PUNGGOL WALK Condominium 1 845,000 1,001 Strata 844psf Oct-11

A TREASURE TROVE PUNGGOL WALK Condominium 1 698,000 775 Strata 901psf Oct-11

Watertown had been selling now between $1250psf to $1500psf, looking at the Treasure Trove psf... those had buy had win big big

even the "highest" psf unit , the sqft is bigger then watertown any 2bedroom at 775sqft, and only $698K...
    imagine other are paying $700K for a 500sqft at watertown

but got differ - it got a Mall. So both side Happy, those buy Treasure Trove see their property price raise, while those buy watertown can enjoy one big Mall below their unit. No Complain, No Jealous, Happy For All, Congret!

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop

Although we don't stay at D19, but the 1st condo our friend buy face the same situation, it is a unit which is 1000sqft -
    Condo A with Mall below $1.1m or
    Condo B 200m away with cost $780K.

She choose Condo B, and still enjoy the price appreciation much more.
    It really depend Investment, Self Stay, Budget & lifestyle ...

but let us feel happy for those who buy watertown, don't pour cold water on them.

"""3 bedroom units starting from 1.25m.
    quoted about $1m for a 2 bedroom facing the lrt tracks on the 3rd floor."""

Quite impressed by how many people are willing to bite at such high quantums for a Punggol apartment. Dropped by the showflat quickly and it was really very full, and was quoted about $1m for a 2 bedroom facing the lrt tracks on the 3rd floor.

Quite ridiculous, frankly speaking.

Quote Originally Posted by TMATT
    Although we don't stay at D19, but the 1st condo our friend buy face the same situation, it is a unit which is 1000sqft -
    Condo A with Mall below $1.1m or
    Condo B 200m away with cost $780K.

She choose Condo B, and still enjoy the price appreciation much more.
    It really depend Investment, Self Stay, Budget & lifestyle ...

but let us feel happy for those who buy watertown, don't pour cold water on them.

"""3 bedroom units starting from 1.25m.
    quoted about $1m for a 2 bedroom facing the lrt tracks on the 3rd floor."""
    Yup, there's no accounting for taste. And I imagine the Watertown buyers would share the same sentiment

Agree, individual preference

Maybe nexttime we should look for Treasure Trove such Condo investment idea that will benefit from near by new launch.
    Extra $150psf to $400psf profit for similiar sqft unit within 6mths , is a big profit.

Yup, there's no accounting for taste. And I imagine the Watertown buyers would share the same sentiment

Agree, individual preference

Maybe nexttime we should look for Treasure Trove such Condo investment idea that will benefit from near by new launch.
    Extra $150psf to $400psf profit for similiar sqft unit within 6mths , is a big profit.
    Pointless lah... the ATT owners sell now only for govt to take back 16% as SSD which wipes out any profit they have. If not, wait 4 yrs and anything can happen then... so its all back to sq one lah...

Actually raise in value now better then many yet move at all or price drop.
    Think those buy Treasure Trove already aware of 4yrs seller stamp duty issue,so all buy for mid to long term. More so with a mall by side yet cheaper by $300K above,got $M also will buy leh

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Pointless lah... the ATT owners sell now only for govt to take back 16% as SSD which wipes out any profit they have. If not, wait 4 yrs and anything can happen then... so its all back to sq one lah...

Quote Originally Posted by Panerex77
    agree..my relatives stay in the west...and i brought them to the showroom as they happen in NorthEast area.
    Driving from Tampines central to punggol central is at least 20mins away vs driving from Tampines central to Holland V which takes me the same 20 mins.
    How long drive is it from Punggol to Holland??

Quote Originally Posted by Adva181
    Driving from Tampines central to punggol central is at least 20mins away vs driving from Tampines central to Holland V which takes me the same 20 mins.
    from gothere.sg

To Tamp central - 13 mins
    To Holland Village - 28 mins

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    dropped in 3pm at about, and learnt
    1.highest price done was 4 bedders facing the waterway, >$1500 psf or $2m.
    2. about 480 units out of 500 units launched

gave up the as the showflat was so packed with loud music....
    2M I can get a 3bedder at SB facing flyer...

Actually raise in value now better then many yet move at all or price drop.
    Think those buy Treasure Trove already aware of 4yrs seller stamp duty issue,so all buy for mid to long term. More so with a mall by side yet cheaper by $300K above,got $M also will buy leh
    When I bot ATT, it was more as an inflation hedge, thinking to sell off after 4yr SSD. Now looking at the buzz, may decide to use it as a "chalet" for my family members :-)

Quote Originally Posted by ulrich76
    When I bot ATT, it was more as an inflation hedge, thinking to sell off after 4yr SSD. Now looking at the buzz, may decide to use it as a "chalet" for my family members :-)
    Not bad as a weekend getaway. Only issue is the traffic around that area on weekend.

Sentiment is peaking ..

Dragon year Euphoria, I think FEO can probably sell 600 units by end of Feb for Punggol alone
    Ride at your own risk !!!

This is a Water Dragon Year. Huat Ah to all projects near water bodies.
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    Sentiment is peaking ..

Dragon year Euphoria, I think FEO can probably sell 600 units by end of Feb for Punggol alone

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    Sentiment is peaking ..

This project is unique and price quantum is low.

I do not think sentiment at its peak now. In fact should have peaked at end 2010

from an investor's point of view, i will not buy into Punggol for its potential huge supply of land and condo.

for own stay, I will not buy into WaterTown, I cannot image the usage of facilities and carpark. All friends and relatives of residents, non-resident SPs will enjoy fully the free parking as visitors and pools....

Buy property stocks, all time low and can cheong more than new launch all time high condos

huh? already sold 500 in 5 days, still need end feb to cross 600?

=phantom_opera]Sentiment is peaking ..

Dragon year Euphoria, I think FEO can probably sell 600 units by end of Feb for Punggol alone [/quote]

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    from an investor's point of view, i will not buy into Punggol for its potential huge supply of land and condo.

for own stay, I will not buy into WaterTown, I cannot image the usage of facilities and carpark. All friends and relatives of residents, non-resident SPs will enjoy fully the free parking as visitors and pools....
    Me too. Especially at this price

Quote Originally Posted by Adva181
    How can driving from tampines central to Punggol central takes more than 20 mins?
    U mean driving by aterial roads and not via TPE is it?
    Or u drive at 80kmh?

Or is there any traffic jam that u considered?

From changi airport to Punggol central is only abt 15 to 20 mins by expressay.

I guess from Punggol central or tampines central to holland v more
    complicated because there is no expressway nearby.

Maybe from Punggol to holland, I will go via kpe to ECP to aye, exit buonA vista area, But not sure if this is the best way.
    How would you travel from tampines?

Personally, I will always avoid Cte and pie where possible.

Personally, I am thinking this thread is starting to go abit haywire.

Everyone entitled to their own opinion, but I am just hoping these opinions are not swayed by or biaised by the fact they have already bought units in neigbouring condo or bto or ec, and are just dissing WT buyers.

Same goes for WT buyers, they shd not go ard dissing non WT projects in other forums.

Gentlemen play everyone.