Page 3 of 115 FirstFirst 123456781318232833 ... LastLast

Thread: Watertown : Punggol Waterfront Living

Quote Originally Posted by Eastboy
    i received the mailer they want to launch at $1300psf. faints.

FEO is the one of the most bullish developer ever!
    Don't forget they need to "absorb" ABSD!

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    maybe that is for their 1 bedder? or 1300psf with 20% discount?? lol.

if they can pull off 1300psf NETT for a 2/3 bedder, i will salute them!
    dunno, my agent said FEO is very bullish and confident now because Hillier doing very well, in fact they said Scotts Tower also exceed their expectations. the trick is simply tell PRCS : "We will absorb ABSD for you."

and they said Watertown mall is twice the size of Wisma, and comparing with Bedok Residences, Watertown is so much more prestigious, and they value it higher than BR.

yup, if they can pull off 1300psf nett, i think ATT buyers will have a very Happy Chinese New Year.

Trend?

Mixed development all priced at $1150 - $1350psf regardless of location as long as it is OCR.

dunno, my agent said FEO is very bullish and confident now because Hillier doing very well, in fact they said Scotts Tower also exceed their expectations. the trick is simply tell PRCS : "We will absorb ABSD for you."

and they said Watertown mall is twice the size of Wisma, and comparing with Bedok Residences, Watertown is so much more prestigious, and they value it higher than BR.

yup, if they can pull off 1300psf nett, i think ATT buyers will have a very Happy Chinese New Year.
    Wee hur also can have an early new year and pop a few champagne.

Those who bought ATT are subjected to the SSD so their happiness will not be genuine.. only on paper... Lol! Must guai guai wait for 4 years before they can be really happy and by then, so many things might have taken place already...

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Those who bought ATT are subjected to the SSD so their happiness will not be genuine.. only on paper... Lol! Must guai guai wait for 4 years before they can be really happy and by then, so many things might have taken place already...
    By the time complete, ssd should be 4% liao.

At least they save 300-400psf! Alot of money!

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    At least they save 300-400psf! Alot of money!
    Can take the savings of $100psf, hack up the whole floor, relay with Italian marble and timber flooring.

compare FEO's SOHO and ATT's dual-balcony is like compare apple and orange

Still i believe 1300psf is for waterway facing only ... waterfront resale HDB @ Kallang already > 900k, as long as hdb resale price continue to up 3% per quarter, no way OCR price will come down ... Khaw still dun dare to have tough CM for HDB resale

Kallang/Whampoa 3D 16 to 20 110.00
    Improved 2006 $815,000.00 Jan 2011

Kallang/Whampoa 3D 21 to 25 110.00
    Improved 2006 $903,000.00 Dec 2011

and agent starts to ask for 2 milions :

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...g-road-5767405
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Some att units only one single balcony leh....

I wud say water town only worth 100-200psf more den att lor.....got view 11xxpsf, no view 10xxpsf lor.....

Wah, kallang want to cross 1m before duxton?

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    Wah, kallang want to cross 1m before duxton?
    Most HDBs near MRT up by 100k this year:

Bedok 114 06 to 10 130.00
    Improved 1989 $620,000.00 Feb 2011

103 Lengkong Tiga 01 to 05 130.00
    Improved 1989 $720,000.00

1989 flat near Kembangan ...

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    Most HDBs near MRT up by 100k this year:

Bedok 114 06 to 10 130.00
    Improved 1989 $620,000.00 Feb 2011

103 Lengkong Tiga 01 to 05 130.00
    Improved 1989 $720,000.00

1989 flat near Kembangan ...
    Big big leh....130sqm lor hehe

I think Punggol is the most overhyped place in Singapore. It has no character, the trees are too young (I like places with matured trees), just rows and rows of HDB flats, very polluted air (I mean I can smell the pollution. Worse than Tuas), maybe got some canal and water but not a big deal. Not forgetting it is very far from everywhere. and key CBD. Totally characterless other than a crowded HDB estate. Unlike old HDB estates, the newer ones like Punggol has no personality. This place at $1200 or $1300psf? One must really love Punggol to get in at that price.

I was in the Punggol area just 2 weeks ago and I thought I was over sensitive to the stench lingering in the air. Just googled and looks like even the Punggol residents also cannot tahan. The Pasir Gudang refineries are not going to move and so the stench and the pollution will be there forever. One must think twice before committing to living in such a place for long term. I find the stench unbearable. Not forgetting the next S'pore power plant will be near Punggol as well.

http://boardreader.com/thread/Punggo...17kgX9ve0.html

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    I think Punggol is the most overhyped place in Singapore. It has no character, the trees are too young (I like places with matured trees), just rows and rows of HDB flats, very polluted air (I mean I can smell the pollution. Worse than Tuas), maybe got some canal and water but not a big deal. Not forgetting it is very far from everywhere. and key CBD. Totally characterless other than a crowded HDB estate. Unlike old HDB estates, the newer ones like Punggol has no personality. This place at $1200 or $1300psf? One must really love Punggol to get in at that price.
    That's y gahmen marketing it so extremely...to convince singaporeans that is a gd place in our land scarce island..

I was in the Punggol area just 2 weeks ago and I thought I was over sensitive to the stench lingering in the air. Just googled and looks like even the Punggol residents also cannot tahan. The Pasir Gudang refineries are not going to move and so the stench and the pollution will be there forever. One must think twice before committing to living in such a place for long term. I find the stench unbearable. Not forgetting the next S'pore power plant will be near Punggol as well.

http://boardreader.com/thread/Punggo...17kgX9ve0.html
    You are certainly not a Punggol lover, citing only the negative aspects of the place.... Lol...

I don't stay in Punggol but I quite like the place coz its one of the rare places in Singapore where you can still find huge pasture of greenery for mass kite flying. Also, recently went to Punggol end and liked the little park that was done up... very quiet and clean... just not enough parking lots... can't really walk in though but can take a slow bus ride in.

All the things you listed are absolutely true. But the HDB and condos still sell like hotcakes leh. Who is the fool here?

Just not my cup of tea. I don't like places with "instant trees" planted by garmen - very fake gardens. No real nature. A plot of grass = pastures? Major construction and ugly HDB. The air stinks. At 1200psf for Waterway? Unless one works in Pasir Gudang and want to sampan there. It's not nicer than any other HDB estate - but is probably the furthest place from the city center, until its nearer to JB than our CBD.

You are certainly not a Punggol lover, citing only the negative aspects of the place.... Lol...

I don't stay in Punggol but I quite like the place coz its one of the rare places in Singapore where you can still find huge pasture of greenery for mass kite flying. Also, recently went to Punggol end and liked the little park that was done up... very quiet and clean... just not enough parking lots... can't really walk in though but can take a slow bus ride in.

I guess its the hype bah. The renewal of the Punggol 21 hype. Sell like hot cakes does not equate good investment.

Quote Originally Posted by ulrich76
    All the things you listed are absolutely true. But the HDB and condos still sell like hotcakes leh. Who is the fool here?

Upper Bt Timah is of course much better than Punggol, was there even an argument in this ?

To borrow from some infamous member, Punggol is really a sea of HDBs, with no trees in sight. Or even business for that matter.

Too rigid. Rows and rows of flats. Quite stressful. Must have a mixture.

Just not my cup of tea. I don't like places with "instant trees" planted by garmen - very fake gardens. No real nature. A plot of grass = pastures? Major construction and ugly HDB. The air stinks. At 1200psf for Waterway? Unless one works in Pasir Gudang and want to sampan there. It's not nicer than any other HDB estate - but is probably the furthest place from the city center, until its nearer to JB than our CBD.
    Then you probably don't like all the expressways in Singapore coz all of them are lined with "instant trees". Can't wait for seeds to grow up into tall trees to grow up over next 5 to 10 years... Lol!

At the end of the day, we are talking about value for money.

At 1300 or 1200psf, what do you think is the upside for Punggol? I've named the "disadvantages" of Punggol and because of those disadvantages, the value is probably closer to 800psf - 900psf? Of course you may think otherwise. At a budget of 1200psf, I'm sure one doesn't have to resort to staying in Punggol.

My 2 cents.

Then you probably don't like all the expressways in Singapore coz all of them are lined with "instant trees". Can't wait for seeds to grow up into tall trees to grow up over next 5 to 10 years... Lol!

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    Upper Bt Timah is of course much better than Punggol, was there even an argument in this ?

To borrow from some infamous member, Punggol is really a sea of HDBs, with no trees in sight. Or even business for that matter.
    Punggol to Suntec - 20 mins via KPE (likely no traffic)
    Hillview to Suntec - 35 mins via BKE/PIE (likely traffic jam)

Just a real like observation

Do you want to live in a place with trees and fresh air every day, or a place with no natural lung but with potential chemical waste every day ?

When downtown line opens, u can reach the real downtown much faster than Punggol.

And let's not even mention the potential upside when SG / Msia link is materialized , as some members so ensuthiastically put it, not that i totally buy it, but the north does have some potential. Punggol, what can it have in the next 10yrs ?

For both own stay or rental, Hillview or upper bt timah area is better.

Btw I'm not vested in either area.

Unlikely Watertown can sell very high, HDB @ Punggol/Sengkang max 600k only ... Luxurie psf is max you can go ... Keppel only can sell 7 units last month b4
    cm5 (total sold 242 out of 622) with highest psf at 1,191:

THE LUXURIE SENGKANG SQUARE Keppel Land Realty Pte Ltd Non-Landed OCR 622 300 242 58 0 7 1,057 1,014 1,191

Quote Originally Posted by ulrich76
    Punggol to Suntec - 20 mins via KPE (likely no traffic)
    Hillview to Suntec - 35 mins via BKE/PIE (likely traffic jam)

Just a real like observation
    DTL will be faster.

Like that Bedok Residence + upper changi also 35 mins via PIE (likely traffic jam).
    Affordable means small

confirm you not FarEast Customer before...
    if you know how this property firm work, you will be surprise how it will price this project at $1100psf to $1300psf now, and later few years, sell the rest of good viewing and high floor at $1500psf to $1700psf.

Whatever Market crises this few years will be over when it TOP 2017.
    Look at some of the FarEast project, it will never reduce price or give discount after the private & early Public Launch. and almost all the early owner will profit.

let see how 18 Jan 12 when the price come out.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    Unlikely Watertown can sell very high, HDB @ Punggol/Sengkang max 600k only ... Luxurie psf is max you can go ... Keppel only can sell 7 units last month b4
    cm5 (total sold 242 out of 622) with highest psf at 1,191:

THE LUXURIE SENGKANG SQUARE Keppel Land Realty Pte Ltd Non-Landed OCR 622 300 242 58 0 7 1,057 1,014 1,191

Agreed look at Hillier. Red stickers on LOW FLOORS, WEST, NORTHWEST, SOUTHWEST SUN and UNDESIRABLE facing.

Agreed look at floridian. Sell high high when near TOP.

Anywhere with Far East. Smile!

Quote Originally Posted by TMATT
    confirm you not FarEast Customer before...
    if you know how this property firm work, you will be surprise how it will price this project at $1100psf to $1300psf now, and later few years, sell the rest of good viewing and high floor at $1500psf to $1700psf.

Whatever Market crises this few years will be over when it TOP 2017.
    Look at some of the FarEast project, it will never reduce price or give discount after the private & early Public Launch. and almost all the early owner will profit.

let see how 18 Jan 12 when the price come out.
    Affordable means small