Page 51 of 115 FirstFirst ... 212631364146474849505152535455566166717681 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,530 of 3440

Thread: Watertown : Punggol Waterfront Living

Yup.. saw the Rosewood advert on TV, even engaged Mediacorp artist to endorse the project. Wonder if she got a unit there FOC? developer really gone all out to attract attention for this far north project... but its probably one of the cheapest new launches in our current market... just spend more money on transport and more time travelling lor... give and take.. Lol.

It's only close to 900 units sold according to my banker. Not fully sold yet. Sky patio are harder to move.

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Yup.. saw the Rosewood advert on TV... developer really gone all out to attract attention for this far north project... but its probably one of the cheapest new launches in our current market... just spend more money on transport and more time travelling lor... give and take.. Lol.
    I always thought nautical 1 bedder is a better buy compared to parc rosewood 1 bedder since both are px similarly. How come nautical don't move as fast given it is just next to SSC?

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Yup.. saw the Rosewood advert on TV, even engaged Mediacorp artist to endorse the project. Wonder if she got a unit there FOC? developer really gone all out to attract attention for this far north project... but its probably one of the cheapest new launches in our current market... just spend more money on transport and more time travelling lor... give and take.. Lol.
    first fragrance tv ad? never seen them advertising their other projects. maybe becos this is their largest project so far?

yess. very attractive pricing. 2 bedders for under 600K. perhaps because wdl is not near to most of offices, and its proximity to JB,msia sort of cap its price (jsut go across and you can live in landed house for half price of the 400K cheapest unit)

I am not vested but I see more pros than cons in WT. In fact there is only one con that overrides all the pros... the price.

Quote Originally Posted by Xan
    Likewise for those not vested, they will see cons more than pros.
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion other than those names calling and malicious attack. Otherwise how to stir up things? Some had rightfully pointed up rental there will be competitive, which i gotta agree becos what they said make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by howgozit
    I am not vested but I see more pros than cons in WT. In fact there is only one con that overrides all the pros... the price.
    Hehe yea, especially those who bought 1400psf and above. I don't deny that.

Quote Originally Posted by fclim
    Punggol HDB flats median COV around $32K, on par with the likes of Bt Batok, , Bt Panjang, Woodlands and Choa Chu Kang. Even Hougang and Yishun COVs are higher. Serangoon much higher at $55K for 5 rm flat.

However, the condo prices in Punggol are well, high. I wonder how the HDB upgraders there can make that huge jump to pte ppty in the area with a less than stellar COV. Are WT owners really from surrounding HDBs? In future, would WT resale prices be constrained by the low COV from the HDB flats there (and there is a huge HDB supply there!)

The HDBs there are not well sought after, but the condos are! Strange.
    The condo in punngol, I mean WT, is one of the cheapest a person can find in Singapore that is next to MRT; cheapest here I referring to the quantum not in term of value. Therefore the demand. You see a 4 room HDB near commonwealth mrt is already selling for 700k, you can imagine the price of condo near commonwealth mrt. So the sense of "affordability" of condo in punggol make it very attractive to a certain group of buyers

Some asking rental from propertyguru

Kovan Melody
    2 bedder - $3200, 904sqft
    2 bedder - $3500, 864sqft

The Quartz
    3 bedder - $3800, 1044sqft
    3 bedder - $4000, 1140sqft

Seriously those buying for rental yield should do some basic check on probable rental income that can be obtained...

Quote Originally Posted by Allthepies

Kovan Melody

The Quartz

Seriously those buying for rental yield should do some basic check on probable rental income that can be obtained...
    looks like the rental market is still strong. mayb the market has not seen significant price correction yet and would think the sales price will drop further when for e.g. more BTO are ready in the market. So they rather rent and wait. also the cooling measure may have starved off demand for house purchase. and those who are renting decide to continue renting. the rent market generally lag economic events due to long term nature of lease

What is done deal rental at kovan?
    Quote Originally Posted by Allthepies

Kovan Melody

The Quartz

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    What is done deal rental at kovan?
    Median rent is $3.72psf according to streetsine.

I've asked about the blind thingy.. It suppose to be push pull like a window. The grills slope downwards and can shield sun and rain when closed.

It's only close to 900 units sold according to my banker. Not fully sold yet. Sky patio are harder to move.
    Right, was also informed by agent about 900 units i.e. 90% sold, not bad within less than one month, less than 100 units to go.
    Judging from FEO website, the available units with pricelist as of 9 Feb 2012 are the front stacks of Tower 4 (Sky Patio) & Tower 6 (Soho), probably because of the high pricing it's not moving fast. http://www.fareast.com.sg/FEOCorp.Up...09Feb2012).pdf

However, showflat still drawing crowds everyday and yesterday quite surprised they were serving white & red wines.

Quote Originally Posted by pineapple
    I've asked about the blind thingy.. It suppose to be push pull like a window. The grills slope downwards and can shield sun and rain when closed.
    I feel like dismantle it, haha, dunno can or not.

Quote Originally Posted by chanel
    Right, was also informed by agent about 900 units i.e. 90% sold, not bad within less than one month, less than 100 units to go.
    Judging from FEO website, the available units with pricelist as of 9 Feb 2012 are the front stacks of Tower 4 (Sky Patio) & Tower 6 (Soho), probably because of the high pricing it's not moving fast. http://www.fareast.com.sg/FEOCorp.Up...09Feb2012).pdf

However, showflat still drawing crowds everyday and yesterday quite surprised they were serving white & red wines.
    Today still jam pack as usual, soho gonna sell out soon. Just met my banker to sign some documents there. I saw some selected soho units got star buy stickers pasted there. Not sure is there some special discount going on for these selected units.

I am hoping and interested to see how watertown develops in 5 years time from now.

I feel like dismantle it, haha, dunno can or not.
    Why dismantle? I think it looks good and functional too.

Sky patio & Soho for yuppies. Hence serve wine.Really moving fast.

Quote Originally Posted by yowetan
    I am hoping and interested to see how watertown develops in 5 years time from now.
    Cant go wrong with a water park view and that close to mall and mrt

Quote Originally Posted by graveyard
    What will be new trend in 5 years time then? The theme could have change then?

Quote Originally Posted by howgozit
    Why dismantle? I think it looks good and functional too.
    I would like the balcony to be unblocked by these blind structure. Very din deh (blocking and take up space)

Quote Originally Posted by yowetan
    What will be new trend in 5 years time then? The theme could have change then?
    People have been wanting to live by the water hole for the longest time..some built ponds, artificial fountain in their landed house.. and sea view and even pool view commanding premium prices. so i think no matter how the trend changes, i think the living-by-the-water ideal wont go away. and train despite the breakdowns remain the most efficient form of public transportation in spore. dont think cars will go much cheaper than now due to future population explosion and scarcity of land in spore. So i am optimistic abt this project. yes punggol is at the extreme NE but the fact u can go down and take the train straight away offsets the 10mins or so u take by foot or bus to the nearest mrt nearer to city, of course speaking from the view that generally most ppl do not live right next to the mrt track

Today still jam pack as usual, soho gonna sell out soon. Just met my banker to sign some documents there. I saw some selected soho units got star buy stickers pasted there. Not sure is there some special discount going on for these selected units.
    Congrats for being a proud owner of WT. Once you've secured a unit, sit back and relax till TOP. Dotted lines signed already with no regrets, shouldnt be bogged down by other negative remarks. Good or bad results at the end is a personal choice, property investment is for long term capital gain. Sometimes, people lose money in their investments is because of bad timing and money management, and no holding power due to cashflow problem.

Quote Originally Posted by graveyard
    Can't go wrong with own stay. Not sure abt rental yield.

If everyone follows what u say, there will be no major correction. Unfortunately we are sentiment sensitive in nature. People start to sell when they are panic. Thst is where opportunity comes for long term investors.
    Congrats for being a proud owner of WT. Once you've secured a unit, sit back and relax till TOP. Dotted lines signed already with no regrets, shouldnt be bogged down by other negative remarks. Good or bad results at the end is a personal choice, property investment is for long term capital gain. Sometimes, people lose money in their investments is because of bad timing and money management, and no holding power due to cashflow problem.

Can't go wrong with own stay. Not sure abt rental yield.
    hard to say la, TOP for WT is 2017, many factors can happen during this 5 yrs. whther there will be a business park hub in punggol, economic climate in 2017 to micro level such as the maintenance fee for WT.. the supply of bto hdb, ec in the area may put pressure on rent at WT, but the new estates are prob constrained by the mop so at least in short term after WT TOP, think the rental yield shld be satisfactory at least to punggol's standard. anw i think what is good for homeowners cant be significantly worse than it were for renters

If everyone follows what u say, there will be no major correction. Unfortunately we are sentiment sensitive in nature. People start to sell when they are panic. Thst is where opportunity comes for long term investors.
    Of course not eveyone will agree, there is no end to difference in opinions, it's debatable. Panic selling cause prices to dip and normally affects those who borrow money to invest which comes with huge risks. My principle is "no money no talk only invest with solid cash not borrow from banks and pay high interest" otherwise stressed up with money problems if cant service the loan when there is a downturn in economy. In other words, live and spend within means and invest when there is surplus cash.

Beg to differ. One must leverage on somebody's money [banks money]. Otherwise it is difficult to move up. But remember not to over-leverage.
    Of course not eveyone will agree, there is no end to difference in opinions, it's debatable. Panic selling cause prices to dip and normally affects those who borrow money to invest which comes with huge risks. My principle is "no money no talk only invest with solid cash not borrow from banks and pay high interest" otherwise stressed up with money problems if cant service the loan when there is a downturn in economy. In other words, live and spend within means and invest when there is surplus cash.

I used to have the same thought as u, but once u find out the beauty of leveraging, it opens up to a whole lots of more eye opening opportunities.
    bottom line is DON'T over leverage!

Quote Originally Posted by GForce
    I used to have the same thought as u, but once u find out the beauty of leveraging, it opens up to a whole lots of more eye opening opportunities.
    bottom line is DON'T over leverage!
    My other principle: Never play with familyhome.