Page 52 of 115 FirstFirst ... 222732374247484950515253545556576267727782 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,560 of 3440

Thread: Watertown : Punggol Waterfront Living

Quote Originally Posted by Xan
    If interest 3% down the road, then rental yield for all new pcs will be affected. Not just WT. Those get hit more seriously r those pc w/o or far frm amenities. I suspect they can't even find rental.

precisely my pt. rental will be hit. so its all abt location location location. with all the HDB ard.. condos with many HDB ard not just WT would have to compete with the HDB on the min rental.

example a rental for 3bed room 800sqf drops to 1500pm how much can a 500sqf 1 bed command in premium? definitely not wat the agent say 3500pm.

Quote Originally Posted by chanel
    Of course not eveyone will agree, there is no end to difference in opinions, it's debatable. Panic selling cause prices to dip and normally affects those who borrow money to invest which comes with huge risks. My principle is "no money no talk only invest with solid cash not borrow from banks and pay high interest" otherwise stressed up with money problems if cant service the loan when there is a downturn in economy. In other words, live and spend within means and invest when there is surplus cash.
    Like to recommend a movie.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1637688/

Quote Originally Posted by gfoo
    no need to say more lah - these people are already vested so obviously they will look at the pros more than the cons. let them be. say more will just stir things

ditto... sometime just cant help it..

Quote Originally Posted by Allthepies
    The condo in punngol, I mean WT, is one of the cheapest a person can find in Singapore that is next to MRT; cheapest here I referring to the quantum not in term of value. Therefore the demand. You see a 4 room HDB near commonwealth mrt is already selling for 700k, you can imagine the price of condo near commonwealth mrt. So the sense of "affordability" of condo in punggol make it very attractive to a certain group of buyers

But u cant just look are pure quantum... have to have space that is livable..

Quote Originally Posted by yowetan
    What will be new trend in 5 years time then? The theme could have change then?
    5yrs time maybe interest move to sembawang

Quote Originally Posted by minority
    what so unliveable in a 5xx/600 sqft condo (with no bomb shelter, no bay windows/ no planters) when it is targetted for couples (with no children) and bachelor?

of cos if u wanted to invite your relatives and accomodate 20 pple, even a 1400 sqft area is not enough. Then should look for landed rather than condo as nowadays condo are built like that.

if 800sqft HDB rental (3 rm HDB flat) say 1500pm? WT 5xx-600 sqft rent at 2.5K plus very logical mah. What is the big issue? Not everyone will just rent HDB just because it is cheaper than condo.
    Some look for facilities within the condo and security and its great accessibility to mall and mrt.
    HDB near WT doesnt mean u dont have to walk. Sometime kenna heavy rain how to walk?
    You already shouted 3 times : location, location, location. This is basically the whole idea.

The brutal truth is, pple still look at quantum.
    It is just that u dont want to accept only.
    If WT only sell those 1400 sqft 4 bedder sky patio at 1200sqft, U see whether FEO can sell 900 units in a month or not.

Quote Originally Posted by GForce
    I used to have the same thought as u, but once u find out the beauty of leveraging, it opens up to a whole lots of more eye opening opportunities.
    bottom line is DON'T over leverage!
    may i know how much or what ratio when you will consider it to be "over leverage"?

what so unliveable in a 5xx/600 sqft condo (with no bomb shelter, no bay windows/ no planters) when it is targetted for couples (with no children) and bachelor?

of cos if u wanted to invite your relatives and accomodate 20 pple, even a 1400 sqft area is not enough. Then should look for landed rather than condo as nowadays condo are built like that.

if 800sqft HDB rental (3 rm HDB flat) say 1500pm? WT 5xx-600 sqft rent at 2.5K plus very logical mah. What is the big issue? Not everyone will just rent HDB just because it is cheaper than condo.
    Some look for facilities within the condo and security and its great accessibility to mall and mrt.
    HDB near WT doesnt mean u dont have to walk. Sometime kenna heavy rain how to walk?
    You already shouted 3 times : location, location, location. This is basically the whole idea.
    Yes yes yes ur feeling is hurt coz u are vested. U enlighten me for the 1st time pungol is location. Hmmmmm
    Last edited by minority; 12-02-12 at 19:32.

If WT only sell those 1400 sqft 4 bedder sky patio at 1200sqft, U see whether FEO can sell 900 units in a month or not.
    U r right! So FEO build a bomb shelter block. Sell u 200k as investment then I guess that's also consider a good deal? Quantum is one thing livable is another. WT might not be the worst but for the quantum n space there are better choices.

U are vested thus cannot accept other pt of view. U don't have to. Just skip my posting.

Yes yes yes ur feeling is hurt coz u are vested. U enlighten me fur the 1st pungol is location. Hmmmmm
    Likewise u r hurt as someone here had mentioned before, u seemed to have bad blood against punggol? Not enought bullet that's y frustrated and resort to names calling? Cheap thrill

U r right! So FEO build a bomb shelter block. Sell u 200k as investment then I guess that's also consider a good deal? Quantum is one thing livable is another. WT might not be the worst but for the quantum n space there are better choices.

U are vested thus cannot accept other pt of view. U don't have to. Just skip my posting.
    Haha, see! Ur bomb shelter crap comes back again.
    I'm vested but have u notice I didn't even rebuke on others who dislike punggol? Because I feel that those who dislike punggol can offer a better,sensible and fairer opinion than u.

Let's keep the discussion clean and healthy. Cheers.

Everyone is a winner regardless vested or non-vested.

Let's keep the discussion clean and healthy. Cheers.

Everyone is a winner regardless vested or non-vested.
    So your next target wee hur site? My friend Beo-ing as well.

All eyes on wee hur lah. Those who cannot get twin waterfalls may bio this project.

Likewise u r hurt as someone here had mentioned before, u seemed to have bad blood against punggol? Not enought bullet that's y frustrated and resort to names calling? Cheap thrill

Pungol ? Hah hah LOL

I have better ones ... No need to talk pungol down. Just no 2 FEO.

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    All eyes on wee hur lah. Those who cannot get twin waterfalls may bio this project.
    Those who cannot get means their income ceiling exceed 12k? Or their choice units taken by others?
    I drove pass twin waterfall, quite a walking distance to mrt.
    Wee hur is better.

Quote Originally Posted by testtest
    may i know how much or what ratio when you will consider it to be "over leverage"?
    In bad times, eg. Out of job, no/low rental income or interest rates rises to 4/5%, does one have the means to serve the loan for 3 yrs or more? Does one have the $$$ to reduce the loan quantum?
    Diff people have diff benchmark so no magical numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    My other principle: Never play with familyhome.
    Agree, great minds think alike!

... therefore , many buyers are simply blinded by the psf and get duped by the low quantum since they can only afford such ? "cheapest condo near a MRT, cheaper than HDB in queenstown". You are probably not one of them, but would you think many of them are simply marginal investors lured by the low quantum ?

So your next target wee hur site? My friend Beo-ing as well.
    I am exploring everywhere. My dream is to have penthouse or landed if possible.

Let me dream...

I am exploring everywhere. My dream is to have penthouse or landed if possible.

Let me dream...
    haa. dream can become reality. Cross over the bridge/platform and buy a landed house for RM200K

Quote Originally Posted by graveyard
    haa. dream can become reality. Cross over the bridge/platform and buy a landed house for RM200K
    But everyday worried get rob or Kenna break in leh.

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    ... therefore , many buyers are simply blinded by the psf and get duped by the low quantum since they can only afford such ? "cheapest condo near a MRT, cheaper than HDB in queenstown". You are probably not one of them, but would you think many of them are simply marginal investors lured by the low quantum ?

U spoke my mind.

This is a good suggestion. Having said that, I prefer HOME; Home Sweet Home.

But everyday worried get rob or Kenna break in leh.
    haa ..live in condo lo.Recent in jb, developers have started to build decent condos prob in response to demand due to security issues. also there are the "gated and guarded" concept where landed houses are in a secure area fenced up with secutiry guard ..like cluster houses minus the facilities.

of course left to be seenw hether the security is sturdy enough... Jb has notoriety in this area so better be cautious

This is a good suggestion. Having said that, I prefer HOME; Home Sweet Home.
    haha. then change home only when u retire la. at least can live comfortably in a house + lots of savings assuming the exchange rate haasnt changed much

haa ..live in condo lo.Recent in jb, developers have started to build decent condos prob in response to demand due to security issues. also there are the "gated and guarded" concept where landed houses are in a secure area fenced up with secutiry guard ..like cluster houses minus the facilities.

of course left to be seenw hether the security is sturdy enough... Jb has notoriety in this area so better be cautious
    Also can get the seaside villas at Bintan. Just a 45 mins ferry ride to Singapore... plus all the passport and waiting time but once its gotten used to, then no problem lor..

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Also can get the seaside villas at Bintan. Just a 45 mins ferry ride to Singapore... plus all the passport and waiting time but once its gotten used to, then no problem lor..
    haa imagine taking ferry to work everyday. OK at least theres no traffic congestion!!! think vila there even cheaper than houses in msia!

haa imagine taking ferry to work everyday. OK at least theres no traffic congestion!!! think vila there even cheaper than houses in msia!

Not to be racist, nationalistic or whatever... no disrespect but fact is, a fair percentage of crimes in JB or Malaysia are actually committed by Indonesian workers, illegal immigrants, etc.

Dont think I would want to be right in the middle of the hotbed...especially in a conspicuous villa surrounded by real poverty, right outside the scented gates...whatever top-notch security features bandied.