Page 53 of 115 FirstFirst ... 232833384348495051525354555657586368737883 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,590 of 3440

Thread: Watertown : Punggol Waterfront Living

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    ... therefore , many buyers are simply blinded by the psf and get duped by the low quantum since they can only afford such ? "cheapest condo near a MRT, cheaper than HDB in queenstown". You are probably not one of them, but would you think many of them are simply marginal investors lured by the low quantum ?
    A very good and reflective qns indeed.
    Maybe cite you some examples:

Scenario 1:
    A FH mm 3xx sqft at upper east coast, 1400psf and works out to be 5xxk. Near city but not near amendities or mrt, can buy or not?
    The qns is: liveable or not?

Scenario 2:
    Greenwich 1 bedder, 603sqft, selling at 876k, 1450psf (based on last transaction price), got 30 retail shops.
    Can buy or not?
    The qns is: Quantum quite high leh

Scenario 3:
    WT 1 bedder, 527sqft, 5xxk, 1050psf, with amendities, mrt.
    Can buy or not?
    The qns is: It is still undeveloped. I never heard of punggol leh.

Scenario 4:
    Bedok residence
    1 bedder from 700K onwards, 517sqft at 1400+psf, with amendities, mrt, mature estate somemore, can buy or not?
    The qns is: Not cheap leh.

Scenario 5:
    4 room HDB at commonwealth, more than 12 years old. Excellent location but 700k plus.
    The qns is: more than 10 yrs and high cov.

I cannot speak whether nowadays buyers are simply marginal investors lured by the low quantum. They should do their homework.
    The decision still lies on many factors like budget, financial status, economy outlook in singapore, location, convenience, FH vs LH, sentiments to a particular location etc.

Low quantum will definitely attract the buyers initially because it satisfy their budget. The evaluation of other factors will then follows before making a decision.

If quantum is high and out of my budget, I dont even need to do further evaluation and comparison at all.

While a smart buyer looks at the quantum, I feel he must know how to do the comparison, evaluation, calculation and maybe some percentage of gut feel. In short, no sure win and bor bao jia.

Many says today is not the right time to buy. But my opinion is:
    "There is no perfect time to buy."

In 2003-2005, property is cheap, but interest rate is high and alot of units are vaccant. You dare to buy?
    In 2007, mass enbloc, price starts to climb, you dare to buy?
    In 2009, economy crisis, price starts to plunge a little but u dare to buy?
    In 2011 beginning, CM4 came, you dare to buy?
    In 2011 end, CM5 kicks in, you dare to buy?
    In 2012, OCR price are high, economy outlook uncertain, you dare to buy?

No matter which year u wanted to buy property, you will be advised by others to wait and they will give you very valid reasons to wait. But the qns is how long is the wait and when is the perfect time to enter?
    Then my answer is: When you are ready (both mentally and financially), you just enter. Simple as that.
    Last edited by Xan; 12-02-12 at 21:39.

Quote Originally Posted by TKT
    Not to be racist, nationalistic or whatever... no disrespect but fact is, a fair percentage of crimes in JB or Malaysia are actually committed by Indonesian workers, illegal immigrants, etc.

Dont think I would want to be right in the middle of the hotbed...especially in a conspicuous villa surrounded by real poverty, right outside the scented gates...whatever top-notch security features bandied.

agreee. one of key pulling factor for foreign investors to set up business and snap up properties here is the stable political economy and low crime rate. u can walk alone in the street in wee hour here while u are advised not to do so in msia, indo. thats why houses are also perceived to be "more valuable" here in addition to scarcity factor. So much so a msia politician bought 2 units of marina bay suites at SGD7m each in recent reports .. well, she is caught up in accusation of corruption .. nthig surprising

Quote Originally Posted by yowetan
    I am exploring everywhere. My dream is to have penthouse or landed if possible.

Let me dream...
    Your dream will come true because you are motivated to find a way to attain your dream.

Quote Originally Posted by minority
    U spoke my mind.
    Definitely bro amk's qns reflects more substance than your bomb shelther crap.

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    ... therefore , many buyers are simply blinded by the psf and get duped by the low quantum since they can only afford such ? "cheapest condo near a MRT, cheaper than HDB in queenstown". You are probably not one of them, but would you think many of them are simply marginal investors lured by the low quantum ?
    Seriously can u enlighten us how a person can be blinded and duped by psf and quantum when he decides to buy a unit at WT?
    U care to define "marginal" investor?
    I think if someone commits a unit at WT for the pure sake of making money within the six months afterTOP or later, he to me is purely taking chances that the market will favour him then. I won't worry/question too much like u about his "irrational " decision given the market conditions now, rather I applaud his guts to take on the odds. If he wins, all u would say then is " oh ok I was wrong...he damned lucky".. If he loses, oh all the self-proclaimed old birds and particularly u will rip him apart with your wisdom and foresight B/S.
    The moral of the story is no one can foretell the future. U, the fact that u r still foruming here means u r just a mortal like most of us here..
    Don't act smart can?

Quote Originally Posted by Xan
    Definitely bro amk's qns reflects more substance than your bomb shelther crap.
    Coz all u say is quantum. Anyway u can't take it u can move on .
    Last edited by minority; 12-02-12 at 22:21.

Quote Originally Posted by Molotov
    Seriously can u enlighten us how a person can be blinded and duped by psf and quantum when he decides to buy a unit at WT?
    U care to define "marginal" investor?
    I think if someone commits a unit at WT for the pure sake of making money within the six months afterTOP or later, he to me is purely taking chances that the market will favour him then. I won't worry/question too much like u about his "irrational " decision given the market conditions now, rather I applaud his guts to take on the odds. If he wins, all u would say then is " oh ok I was wrong...he damned lucky".. If he loses, oh all the self-proclaimed old birds and particularly u will rip him apart with your wisdom and foresight B/S.
    The moral of the story is no one can foretell the future. U, the fact that u r still foruming here means u r just a mortal like most of us here..
    Don't act smart can?
    Chill bro! With all due respect, u beginning to sound stupid.....haha

Coz all u say is quantum. Anyway u can't take it u can move on.
    Sigh....u still dun understand. Anyway Good night and sweet dreams.

Sigh....u still dun understand. Anyway Good night and sweet dreams.

I totally understand. Pls go have many carrot dreams...

For 5xxk budget, any better alternatives than wt 1bdr suites? Only private condos

Quote Originally Posted by Rosy
    For 5xxk budget, any better alternatives than wt 1bdr suites?
    I ask the same qns before, but no one here gave me an answer yet.
    Curious to know as well.

For 5xxk budget, any better alternatives than wt 1bdr suites? Only private condos
    You can consider Archipelago? Not as convenient to the MRT as WT but Bedok is a more mature location and nearer to city centre.

Regent Residences, Freehold, RCR Serangoon. At least from propertyguru ad.

Given that WT is already more than 90% sold, i dont see the use of quibbling whether it is a good investment or not.. what is done and bought is already bought..

For the few childish dudes who keep harping on the same old points that the price is high and there are better investment in other areas.. (you know who you are ) Your had made your points, so just come back 5-6 years later to see if you are right or not.. no point keep repeating your points again and again like a parrot (rhymes with carrot huh )

At least.. i don't see WT buyers keep harping how good their investment are over and over again here.

Lets keep the posts constructive.. if there is indeed a better buy elsewhere, substantiate it with a specific example (location/unit type/psf) and reasons.. so that potential new buyers here learn a thing or two

I feel like dismantle it, haha, dunno can or not.
    Erm... I'm pretty sure u cant dismantle the blind thingy.. the developer will want to maintain the facade look of the condo too..

Quote Originally Posted by pineapple
    Erm... I'm pretty sure u cant dismantle the blind thingy.. the developer will want to maintain the facade look of the condo too..

I won't mind the blind, because that means I will be able to fully utilize the balcony space without the worry of rain.
    Further, it also act as a form of security barrier, ESP for family with kids.

But that's of course if the blind does not look ugly, or it wil affect my view to the outside.

Anyway, is the blind confirmed a given?

Btw, heard the balcony will have folding doors instead of the usual sliding types. Would u all prefer the folding type? Will it make it look cheap?

Quote Originally Posted by chiaberry
    You can consider Archipelago? Not as convenient to the MRT as WT but Bedok is a more mature location and nearer to city centre.

Thinking again, is Bedok really nearer to city centre as compared to Punggol? Either via mrt or driving.

Agree with pineapple. What's done is done. Whether the 900+ owners, including myself, eventually turns out to be carrots or gurus, we will know in a few yrs time. Just think of the same situation of compass heights owners when they initially bought theirs at $400+ psf.

Will WT be like compass heights one day? Time will tell.

I ask the same qns before, but no one here gave me an answer yet.
    Curious to know as well.
    Though i did not research further, my guess is there will be some out there.
    But u may need to compromise on the size, and amenities.

But what I can confirm is, in terms of WT 2br condo size, it is bigger than some of the other projects' 2+1 or 3 BR.
    Intact, WT 2 BR is almost similar size to a hdb 4-roomed flat.

Do not have to convince yourself that you have a good buy. All you need is to have holding power and you will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Panerex77
    I won't mind the blind, because that means I will be able to fully utilize the balcony space without the worry of rain.
    Further, it also act as a form of security barrier, ESP for family with kids.

But that's of course if the blind does not look ugly, or it wil affect my view to the outside.

Anyway, is the blind confirmed a given?

Btw, heard the balcony will have folding doors instead of the usual sliding types. Would u all prefer the folding type? Will it make it look cheap?
    This blind thingy seems to be a common install for FEO projects, like hillier and seawind..
    I don't mind the blind structure too.. I see it as a "privacy filter" too for pool facing units as spacing between some towers are bit tight.

Thinking again, is Bedok really nearer to city centre as compared to Punggol? Either via mrt or driving.
    no need to think, Bedok is nearer to city center as compared to Punggol...are u a property agent?

Though i did not research further, my guess is there will be some out there.
    But u may need to compromise on the size, and amenities.

But what I can confirm is, in terms of WT 2br condo size, it is bigger than some of the other projects' 2+1 or 3 BR.
    Intact, WT 2 BR is almost similar size to a hdb 4-roomed flat.
    HDB 4 room got no spacious balcony and air con ledges.

But u cant just look are pure quantum... have to have space that is livable..
    unfortunately the FEO's targeted segment looks at quantum only... FEO has done their research well, kudos to FEO....

Quote Originally Posted by fclim
    HDB 4 room got no spacious balcony and air con ledges.

Hmmm, u hv a point there. Agree.

Quote Originally Posted by testtest
    no need to think, Bedok is nearer to city center as compared to Punggol...are u a property agent?
    Unfortunately, I m not.

How i wish I was an agent at times. At least do not have to slog through the current working hours I m having now.

Does being an agent make me a guru in gauging traveling distance?
    Or have I misinterpret the meaning behind ur question?

Anyway from the map wise, Bedok is definitely nearer, hence via mrt to town shd be faster.
    But let's say taking into consideration driving via pie and kpe to city centre, probably kpe will be a smoother and less-jammed up?
    However, I acknowledge maybe this statement is only true for now. Kpe could be bad when more pple stay in northeast area.

So rethinking my earlier response, maybe driving to town now from Punggol is faster (and less stressful) now, but that may change in future.

Unfortunately, I m not.

How i wish I was an agent at times. At least do not have to slog through the current working hours I m having now.

Anyway from the map wise, Bedok is definitely nearer, hence via mrt to town shd be faster.
    But let's say taking into consideration driving via pie and kpe to city centre, probably kpe will be a smoother and less-jammed up?
    However, I acknowledge maybe this statement is only true for now. Kpe could be bad when more pple stay in northeast area.

So rethinking my earlier response, maybe driving to town now from Punggol is faster (and less stressful) now, but that may change in future.
    Archipelago can access both kpe and pie easily (kpe by bartley viaduct). Some people I know who work in the city centre are very happy with that location for convenience in getting in to work. At least you enter kpe further down and nearer to the city centre compared to Watertown.

Sorry not saying Archipelago is better by any means. Just trying to contribute answers to the questions raised by forum members as to whether there are any alternative 1-bedder investments around $5XXK quantum for 5xx sq ft size.

Archipelago definitely loses out in terms of accessibility to MRT station and big shopping mall.

Unfortunately, I m not.

Property agent also have to work unsocial hours. Viewings are often in the evenings and weekends. And there is a lot of competition.

Judging by the number of BTOs in Sengkang and Punggol, the KPE is likely to get more crowded in the future.

btw I am not property agent either.

Unfortunately, I m not.

asked becos i often heard agents talk like that...no further meaning

going into kpe tunnel is pretty bad now, tortoise traffic in the morning....anyway driving time is subjective on so many factors so i will not go there

Quote Originally Posted by testtest
    asked becos i often heard agents talk like that...no further meaning

going into kpe tunnel is pretty bad now, tortoise traffic in the morning....anyway driving time is subjective on so many factors so i will not go there
    I think people living in the far north or north-east would not choose to work in the city centre anyway. There should be jobs coming up as companies relocate further away from the centre. Seletar Aerospace Hub is one example.

Another consideration for young families setting up in Punggol is that the established tertiary institutions and so-called and perceived "top" schools are located in the centre/west of Singapore. Now having 4th uni in the east though but most ambitious parents/kids would still wish to go to NUS/SMU. Good schools in the NE already have a lot of competition getting in. Nan Chiau Primary has the highest balloting ratio of any sch in Singapore for P1 and I dread to think of the chances of getting in once the BTOs are fully occupied.