Page 55 of 115 FirstFirst ... 253035404550515253545556575859606570758085 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,650 of 3440

Thread: Watertown : Punggol Waterfront Living

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    cheapest 530k I heard as size around 520sqft only, smaller than FEO favorite 581sqft size in Euhabitat ... but west sun will hit you all year long at direct angle ... same like Estuary 1br last time but Estuary 1br only 4XXk

suites on top all super-west-sun ... u want??
    Thought the suites on top were not released till after vip-launch? only the ones facing the LRT were offered right?

Quote Originally Posted by gfoo
    each of us have different profiles, and thus viewpoints. neither is right or wrong until proven.
    Unless a timeframe is defined, everybody will be right.

Quote Originally Posted by Panerex77
    I won't mind the blind, because that means I will be able to fully utilize the balcony space without the worry of rain.
    Further, it also act as a form of security barrier, ESP for family with kids.

But that's of course if the blind does not look ugly, or it wil affect my view to the outside.

Anyway, is the blind confirmed a given?

Btw, heard the balcony will have folding doors instead of the usual sliding types. Would u all prefer the folding type? Will it make it look cheap?
    I would think that the blind, or rather the screen is part of the architectural facade design (just like a window element); therefore cannot be dismantled.

Balcony doors - folding door will not look cheapo if it's glass. In fact it's nicer and with glass folding doors, you can open them up completely whereas you can't do that with sliding door.

Quote Originally Posted by howgozit
    Unless a timeframe is defined, everybody will be right.
    true also. ok timeframe is 3 years including 2012.

cheapest 530k I heard as size around 520sqft only, smaller than FEO favorite 581sqft size in Euhabitat ... but west sun will hit you all year long at direct angle ... same like Estuary 1br last time but Estuary 1br only 4XXk

http://www.watertown-at-punggol.com/...324419.jpg?886

suites mostly all super-west-sun ... u want??
    There is no end to price comparison. Sometimes due to supply & demand, economy etc. but at the end it's the developers' gauge on market sentiment to price their projects.
    For example, freehold or leasehold in District 19 can still command upto $1,500psf like Bliss Kovan (FH) and Scala (LH). Bliss one-bedroom transacted above $700K versus Scala above $600K - both distance away from MRT. Scala is almost fully sold whereas Bliss half-sold.
    Condos have taken over landed properties in price movement. Price of a condo can easily buy an old terrace house in district 19 - there are many between $1.5M-$2M for 1,850sf land area.

cannot compare price of old landed vs new condo launches.

brand new landed prices are very high fyi

currently, for 1bdder 5xxk quantum, 10xxpsf.....WT is the BEST BUY!

optima studio/1bdr psf tx how much u noe anot....484sqft sold for 1410psf low flr facing MRT TRACK OK.....and its all facing MRT TRACK!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE DO YOUR HOMEWORK B4 MAKING SILLY SUGGESTIONS

if die die wan to buy a 1bdr/studio now, i will go for subsale waterbank at 6xxk....last tx px 1383psf for 484sqft.....super near MRT and few stops to suntec......only silly boys pay 1410psf for optima 1bdr
    Last edited by devilplate; 13-02-12 at 10:45.

Quote Originally Posted by chanel
    There is no end to price comparison. Sometimes due to supply & demand, economy etc. but at the end it's the developers' gauge on market sentiment to price their projects.
    For example, freehold or leasehold in District 19 can still command upto $1,500psf like Bliss Kovan (FH) and Scala (LH). Bliss one-bedroom transacted above $700K versus Scala above $600K - both distance away from MRT. Scala is almost fully sold whereas Bliss half-sold.
    Condos have taken over landed properties in price movement. Price of a condo can easily buy an old terrace house in district 19 - there are many between $1.5M-$2M for 1,850sf land area.
    True true but these older terrace landed will require additional $200k for decent reno for comfortable living. A&A will probably require $500k to $600k cash. Hmm.. condo still cheaper lah...

as for the east village, 2bdr, 495sqft cannot be priced at 1.1kpsf one la....if i cant get at 1.1kpsf, r u going to compensate me for the difference?

have u guys been to guillemard edge(geylang lor 30) showflat anot.....very packed on first day launch and units gg for 1.2kpsf

u tink east village 1.1kpsf? more likely to be 1.3kpsf++

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    cannot compare price of old landed vs new condo launches.

brand new landed prices are very high fyi

currently, for 1bdder 5xxk quantum, 10xxpsf.....WT is the BEST BUY!

optima studio/1bdr psf tx how much u noe anot....484sqft sold for 1410psf low flr facing MRT TRACK OK.....and its all facing MRT TRACK!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE DO YOUR HOMEWORK B4 MAKING SILLY SUGGESTIONS

if die die wan to buy a 1bdr/studio now, i will go for subsale waterbank at 6xxk....last tx px 1383psf for 484sqft.....super near MRT and few stops to suntec......only silly boys pay 1410psf for optima 1bdr
    unloading your waterbank?

Quote Originally Posted by august
    unloading your waterbank?
    too late to unload anything now....shd hf offloaded after 14th Jan 2011 la

btw i own much bigger unit in Wb and not studio...i did offered for the 1bdr subsale but din get it

btw, not sure if there's any 2 BR WT condo buyers here...

but is it true that owners have the choice to choose the flooring in categories inside the S&P where they indicate "granite/marble"?

Or is it the discretion of the developer to choose either granite or marble?

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    True true but these older terrace landed will require additional $200k for decent reno for comfortable living. A&A will probably require $500k to $600k cash. Hmm.. condo still cheaper lah...
    You are right, but the very old conservative still swear by landed properties. Their reasoning is due to land-scarce, houses sure command higher premium - heirloom die die must keep for the next generation cannot sell.
    Other prime districts, condo prices suit the very rich - one unit easily cost over $3M. To think of it, whatever district also same old little red dot , takes one hour to go from north to south, east to west but how prices can vary so wide.
    Plenty of cash can afford prime districts, the rest no choice have to make do with ulu areas. However, Punggol in 10 years will be very vibrant once all the forest become concrete jungle. Currently, Punggol Road leading to Punggol end still very narrow with single lane but soon will be gone. Noticed they are now clearing the forest for more developments.
    Waterfront will become the "Venice" of Singapore with gondolas running along the waterway, a good get-away place where people can relax and have picnics around the vicinity. This is one of the reason why WT is an attractive buy, like it go for it if not there are many other areas to suit individual choice & pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by Xan
    Maybe cite you some examples:

Scenario 1:
    Scenario 2:
    Scenario 3:
    Scenario 4:
    Scenario 5:
    ...Then my answer is: When you are ready (both mentally and financially), you just enter. Simple as that.
    ... for all the scenarios, is "none of the above" an option ?

do you really have to buy new sale high psf in an untested location now ?

Note I'm not talking down Punggol as a location. I said before, maybe it can become Jurong East in 5yrs. However you have to admit, this is untested. There isn't even any "official" development plan for Punggol. Everything is just HDB, HDB, and more HDBs. At current market condition, do you really have to enter for investment ? 200k cash (40% of 500k) with no yield for 4 yrs ?

btw, not sure if there's any 2 BR WT condo buyers here...

but is it true that owners have the choice to choose the flooring in categories inside the S&P where they indicate "granite/marble"?

Or is it the discretion of the developer to choose either granite or marble?
    Yes, choice of marble or granite for floorings. Can also opt for bath-tub or sunken bath.

Yes, choice of marble or granite for floorings. Can also opt for bath-tub or sunken bath.

ok good..then i will go for granite for the living rooms and toilets liao (basically all areas that allow us to choose between marble or granite).

sunken bath can choose? i tot 2 BR condo all come default with sunken bath?

btw, i have already signed the S&P with the lawyer last week. Any idea when Far East will call us to go down to their office to choose options like flooring etc?

ok good..then i will go for granite for the living rooms and toilets liao (basically all areas that allow us to choose between marble or granite).

sunken bath can choose? i tot 2 BR condo all come default with sunken bath?

btw, i have already signed the S&P with the lawyer last week. Any idea when Far East will call us to go down to their office to choose options like flooring etc?
    Not so soon, probably after completion of brickwall i.e. in 3-4 years time? Marble is nice to look at but difficult to maintain, needs constant polishing. Granite are hard but cannot polish.
    For those units with bathtubs can opt for sunken bath, applicable to Sky Patio.

http://www.watertown-at-punggol.com/...324419.jpg?886

suites mostly all super-west-sun ... u want??

direct west sun is no joke unless you want to enjoy sauna in your house

Quote Originally Posted by pineapple
    At least.. i don't see WT buyers keep harping how good their investment are over and over again here.
    i beg to defer...some are dreaming about gondola across the grand canal

I take it that you have never lived in landed.

That is why I say the mindset has changed wrt what a person expects of a "private" residence.

A new generation of Singaporeans brought up in HDB has found it acceptable to pay more than double the price psf of their public housing neighbours. No doubt the amenities are well within reach (as a HDB should be)

It is "private" on paper and in price only, physically it is a "public" environment.

You are right, but the very old conservative still swear by landed properties. Their reasoning is due to land-scarce, houses sure command higher premium - heirloom die die must keep for the next generation cannot sell.
    Other prime districts, condo prices suit the very rich - one unit easily cost over $3M. To think of it, whatever district also same old little red dot , takes one hour to go from north to south, east to west but how prices can vary so wide.
    Plenty of cash can afford prime districts, the rest no choice have to make do with ulu areas. However, Punggol in 10 years will be very vibrant once all the forest become concrete jungle. Currently, Punggol Road leading to Punggol end still very narrow with single lane but soon will be gone. Noticed they are now clearing the forest for more developments.
    Waterfront will become the "Venice" of Singapore with gondolas running along the waterway, a good get-away place where people can relax and have picnics around the vicinity. This is one of the reason why WT is an attractive buy, like it go for it if not there are many other areas to suit individual choice & pocket.

i agree with u - this reminds me of People's park complex or center
    where u have the shops below and residences above - its kinda
    of 'messy' and security in terms of 'trespassers' who will surely
    make sure of the condo facilities....

That is why I say the mindset has changed wrt what a person expects of a "private" residence.

A new generation of Singaporeans brought up in HDB has found it acceptable to pay more than double the price psf of their public housing neighbours. No doubt the amenities are well within reach (as a HDB should be)

It is "private" on paper and in price only, physically it is a "public" environment.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    too late to unload anything now....shd hf offloaded after 14th Jan 2011 la

btw i own much bigger unit in Wb and not studio...i did offered for the 1bdr subsale but din get it
    Devilplate, you went for long holiday? I think still can offload lah. Just be slightly less picky on the price.

Quote Originally Posted by testtest
    with dolphins popping up from the sea and diving back .. And mermaids frolicking ?

I have been living in a landed since born, never stayed in a condo or apartment. Renovated many times and redeveloped to increase the value & size of house. I prefer to stay in a smaller and easy to maintain but not my family who are used to big room spaces and so near to amenities like MRT/polyclinic/swimming complex/mall.

I have been living in a landed since born, never stayed in a condo or apartment. Renovated many times and redeveloped to increase the value & size of house. I prefer to stay in a smaller and easy to maintain but not my family who are used to big room spaces and so near to amenities like MRT/polyclinic/swimming complex/mall.
    you and family are sitting on goldmine!!

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    ... for all the scenarios, is "none of the above" an option ?

do you really have to buy new sale high psf in an untested location now ?

Note I'm not talking down Punggol as a location. I said before, maybe it can become Jurong East in 5yrs. However you have to admit, this is untested. There isn't even any "official" development plan for Punggol. Everything is just HDB, HDB, and more HDBs. At current market condition, do you really have to enter for investment ? 200k cash (40% of 500k) with no yield for 4 yrs ?
    I enter now as there is no such thing as when is the best time.
    Have some spare cash after unloading my prop.
    (the prop I just unload last time pple also say no potential, but it just took me 1.5yrs to sell off. So this kinda remarks I listen till sian already. I trust my own judgement but at the same time value comments from others)

I can't sing, dance and cook so I buy property instead of trying other means of investment. Prop investment is something I'm familiar and comfortable with.

Vested in WT because I've compared all other similar projects and think its the bestest so far, hard to come by with malls/mrt/recreation/landscape- all in one and at reasonable price of 10xxpsf. (Despite all kind hearted forumers who try very hard to recommend me other proj)

I did substantial amt of comparison and homework before I took the plunge.

Punggol Untested? Nay, u probably didnt go punggol at all. Try drive around, cycle there, jalan jalan. U will realize its beauty. I also never stay in punggol before but I learn to appreciate its potential.

"There isnt any official dev plan for punggol....?"
    Huh?? are you kidding me? PM already announce plans for punggol. WT somemore sits right ontop of the heart of punggol. What more can I ask?

Do you know my friend took how long to sell his FH condo at jalan tua kong (siglap there)? ---- yes, 5 yrs!
    why? ----- Completely inaccessible to public tpt. Too deep in and must walk very far before you see civilization.
    This is the so called District 15 condo.
    I'm not referring to all but some condo in D15 are like that. The address siglap may sound very nice. But in terms of accessibility.......sigh.
    Last edited by Xan; 13-02-12 at 12:34.

You have just described a HDB flat.

Btw, I am not dissing WT. All I am saying is that I think it is over-priced. Since you have lived in landed all your life I find it odd that you previously described desire for landed as conservative and old thinking. Surely you see some value in landed don't you?

Quote Originally Posted by testtest
    The government is promoting Waterway Punggol as the Venice of Punggol, LHL has the honour of cruising down waterway on a fake "gondola" ?
    We only can hope that they will realised our dream in 5 years time!

http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking...ry_726638.html

Quote Originally Posted by Xan

"There isnt any official dev plan for punggol....?"
    Huh?? are you kidding me? PM already announce plans for punggol. WT somemore sits right ontop of the heart of punggol. What more can I ask?
    Actually yes since Lau Goh time have liao I remember its punggol 21?

The government is promoting Waterway Punggol as the Venice of Punggol, LHL has the honour of cruising down waterway on a fake "gondola" ?
    We only can hope that they will realised our dream in 5 years time!

http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking...ry_726638.html

I feel focus on biz hub area for investment is better. At least for rental can tap on the hub growth... pure residential play far far away wonder got pple want to rent and travel so far to the hub?

if like that then I think natutcal would be good buy! coz got real sea view! can see JB!