Page 111 of 115 FirstFirst ... 81869196101106107108109110111112113114115 LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,330 of 3440

Thread: Watertown : Punggol Waterfront Living

Quote Originally Posted by chanel View Post
    WT is quite unique in the sense that it faces the waterway which leads all the way to Punggol point and Cony Island and the plus point of not being blocked by high buildings. Healthier lifestyles for the older and younger generations to cycle, jog, scooter ride and outdoor activities after office & school hours and during week-ends. No worries about transport as it is surrounded by bus interchange, mrt and lrt to all parts of Singapore and don't have to own cars too.
    Another unique design of WT is the balcony is enclosed by full height louvres, which can double-up as the dining area.
    Never a regret when invested in properties which are long term assets and it will definitely appreciate in value although it has it's ups and downs.
    Most importantly, one must be happy and contented.
    The current bus interchanged is shown as a "temp" bus terminal. Does anyone know where will it be located eventually?

Quote Originally Posted by alfanutz View Post
    I am glad you are very happy with your purchase.

I never thought much of Punggol to be honest. My grandma used to have a farm at Jalan Kayu and I used to stay there when I was a kid. Sometimes, we will walk all the way to Punggol jetty. The government acquired the lands in the 80s and the next time I visited Punggol was probably in the early 2000s when one of my friend had a house warming. I wasn't too impressed as that place was very barren back then.

I only visited Punggol late 2011 when I went to see the showroom of ATT. I was quite impressed with the environment as the Waterway was up. Most units at ATT was sold except for a few low floor units. The agent there told me that if I am really keen in Punggol, I could wait for the project opposite (Watertown) which was going to launch in a few months time and that started me on research (master plan) and I register myself for the VVIP preview. The rest is history.
    Waiting for the residential units to be completed... seriously not sure if i will like it with the current crowd madness... lol

Quote Originally Posted by simongoh2000 View Post
    The current bus interchanged is shown as a "temp" bus terminal. Does anyone know where will it be located eventually?
    If there's a "permanent" bus terminal, I don't think it will be too far away from the MRT station. So far, the trend is towards having a transport node that combines both rail and bus.

Waiting for the residential units to be completed... seriously not sure if i will like it with the current crowd madness... lol
    We can only cross our fingers ! I think if you are in your unit, you should be isolated from the hustle and bustle of Waterway Point. Shaw cinema is located at B2 because they were afraid that the sound may travel up to the residential unit if it is located above ground.

Currently, there's the novelty factor of Waterway Point and also the fact that Compass Point is closed for renovation.

When the 2 new neighbourhood centres at North Shore and Oasis are opened, it will spread the crowd. Don't forget the new town hub that's coming up beside (target is 2019 I believe).

I hope the mall management do something about the littering of cigarette butts at level 1. Maybe designate a smoking corner with the proper cigarette butt disposal bin.

Punggol Bus Interchange is under expansion to cope with heavier commuting traffic, there is no re-location, still at the same spot as seen below from URA webiste:

file:///C:/Users/echan/Pictures/Locationmap_WaterfrontI_II_NorthshoreandNorthshoreStraitsView.pdf

Punggol Temporary Bus Interchange Expansion

In April 2015, LTA called for a tender to expand the existing Punggol Temporary Bus Interchange. The expansion will see an expanded interchange concourse, along with new boarding berths and toilets. A further 13 parking spaces will be added to the current 38 parking lots. This will be achieved through an expansion in space of 0.8ha from the current 1.2ha. Construction of the expansion will start in Q3 2015 after LTA has awarded the tender. The expanded concourse will allow for about 4 to 5 new bus services under BSEP.

My definition is kind of loose here and not necessarily restricted to those defined by the Masterplan.

What some of the detractors fail to analyse is the possibility that those who seek to buy and live here are renting out their original home elsewhere (which could be more central in terms of macro-location). If it is an existing HDB in the same area, the rental yield (of HDB) is also somewhat protected from too drastic a fall.

The only group that perhaps takes on a slightly greater risk in yield compromise is the one that has no intention to live but only to rent out. But I believe the proportion is not too high.

Therefore rental yield here might not be totally relevant but the micro-location, as well as the rental yield island-wide are the more important factors.

"Sang See Hung" mentality is the norm for any new shopping mall, ppl are curious coupled by the fact that Punggol is lack of shopping malls plus with the temporary closure of Compass Mall, which will revive after A&A is completed. One has to factor in and expect many issues like noise, human traffic etc & live with the situation.

If there's a "permanent" bus terminal, I don't think it will be too far away from the MRT station. So far, the trend is towards having a transport node that combines both rail and bus.
    Ye, I was thinking whether it will be located together with the coming hawker center opposite Watertown.. that will be good too... lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni View Post
    My definition is kind of loose here and not necessarily restricted to those defined by the Masterplan.

What some of the detractors fail to analyse is the possibility that those who seek to buy and live here are renting out their original home elsewhere (which could be more central in terms of macro-location). If it is an existing HDB in the same area, the rental yield (of HDB) is also somewhat protected from too drastic a fall.

The only group that perhaps takes on a slightly greater risk in yield compromise is the one that has no intention to live but only to rent out. But I believe the proportion is not too high.

Therefore rental yield here might not be totally relevant but the micro-location, as well as the rental yield island-wide are the more important factors.
    You are quite perceptive ! I actually fall into the group where my current abode is just outside central region and will likely rent the current place out and move to WT when it TOP. I think it will be easier to rent out my current place and the yield is better (I bought it at pretty low PSF).

I remembered seeing some statistics that more than 80% of WT buyers are Singaporeans. Wondering if there are statistics on how many are HDB upgraders ?

I have a unit at Watertown and there are some things that I don't like at the moment. The balconies are so close that you could reach out to shake your neighbors hands and its unblocked. The louve don't help as I had a closer look at it and you can actually see through... Not much privacy from the next door neighbor. Another problem is the water playground which I think many of us may not be aware off .I took a walk there although its closed to the public and realized that when it's built and open to the public, it's going to be filled with screaming children . I could see into my unit although I'm on a very high floor. Those units facing the waterway will be having a great view of the massive water playground before the waterway.. Probably something the buyers who bought the waterway facing units did not realize earlier. The public who are at the water playground also can look into many of the units. I pity those who bought the premium waterway facing units at above 1500 psf as they will have to face all the noise from the public...

Quote Originally Posted by Mohankrish View Post
    I have a unit at Watertown and there are some things that I don't like at the moment. The balconies are so close that you could reach out to shake your neighbors hands and its unblocked. The louve don't help as I had a closer look at it and you can actually see through... Not much privacy from the next door neighbor. Another problem is the water playground which I think many of us may not be aware off .I took a walk there although its closed to the public and realized that when it's built and open to the public, it's going to be filled with screaming children . I could see into my unit although I'm on a very high floor. Those units facing the waterway will be having a great view of the massive water playground before the waterway.. Probably something the buyers who bought the waterway facing units did not realize earlier. The public who are at the water playground also can look into many of the units. I pity those who bought the premium waterway facing units at above 1500 psf as they will have to face all the noise from the public...
    I was aware of the public area though initially thought it is an area for alfresco dining rather than a playground.

Those that are at tower 10 and tower 4 are most affected, especially those at the lower levels. I cannot say which one is worse because though tower 10 covers more of the playground, tower 4 is actually just one level above the playground. Another concern I have is there is a gate at the playground that goes to the residential area and it is located just beside tower 4.

If I am not wrong, you should be either tower 8 or 9 ? It is quite a distance away and those 2 towers are on raised ground.

I was aware of the public area though initially thought it is an area for alfresco dining rather than a playground.

Those that are at tower 10 and tower 4 are most affected, especially those at the lower levels. I cannot say which one is worse because though tower 10 covers more of the playground, tower 4 is actually just one level above the playground. Another concern I have is there is a gate at the playground that goes to the residential area and it is located just beside tower 4.

If I am not wrong, you should be either tower 8 or 9 ? It is quite a distance away and those 2 towers are on raised ground.
    I'm on tower 9. I was standing at the playground and although tower 9 and 8 are further away, I could see into many of the units depending on the floor as the balconies have glass barriers. I guess the angle is just right. The louvers were forced open because of the strong winds today just before it rained this afternoon. At least I know my unit will get a lot of wind.

I'm on tower 9. I was standing at the playground and although tower 9 and 8 are further away, I could see into many of the units depending on the floor as the balconies have glass barriers. I guess the angle is just right. The louvers were forced open because of the strong winds today just before it rained this afternoon. At least I know my unit will get a lot of wind.
    I was under the impression that the louvre are made of aluminimum and the angle is fixed ? I think the design and the type of louvre should be similar to those at euHabitat.

I found out for some strange reasons the outdoor water playground will only be built once the residential units are fully up.

What can the real reason be?

Quote Originally Posted by Molotov View Post
    I found out for some strange reasons the outdoor water playground will only be built once the residential units are fully up.

Could it be the maintenance of the playground comes from the residents ?

Safety reason, object fall from height from the above construction.

Could it be the maintenance of the playground comes from the residents ?
    Any idea what's the est. monthly maintenance & service charge?

Agree to Mohankrish's concern about the balcony being an arm's length from the neighbor, cos it also cause another security concern whereby neighbour can easily cross over. Maybe, purchasers collectively can petition to the developer to request for fixed panels to partition off the side view citing security as a reason?

The balconies are at least 2m (or more) apart. I think it's tolerable.

I agree !

There are other designs where the balcony are actually side by side. Just within Punggol, there are quite a few such designs.

You are absolutely correct!
    Just checked with my floor plan with dimensions shown and it's indicated 2.0m

TOP for WT as of today is November 2016...barely in time for X'mas...

You are absolutely correct!
    Just checked with my floor plan with dimensions shown and it's indicated 2.0m
    Floor plan? those found on the internet?
    Not sure whether how reliable are they?

Not from the internet.
    Got copies of all units floor plans from property agent before purchasing, which cannot be found anywhere

Not from the internet.
    Got copies of all units floor plans from property agent before purchasing, which cannot be found anywhere
    arr... i only got the blue brochures...

Not from the internet.
    Are you referring to the blue brochures that has the site plan ?

I don't think those are accurate as it doesn't state the actual dimensions but only use a scale ruler.

You can compare the brochure for the Sky Patio vs those for the condominium. You will notice that the scale ruler for both brochures are the same and the floor plan for the sky patio is actually smaller since there's limited space on the page.

However, if I were to pick one which is more accurate, I would say the condo version is more accurate than the sky patio.

Saw this forum inside has a dimensioned floor plan, not sure where they took from?
    http://www.myhometown.sg/Forum/Publi...3/Default.aspx

Its good that some of you are ok with it as its a matter of preference. It doesn't matter if other condos have similar designs but I find it unacceptable. Such designs will continue as long as they are accepted and tolerated. 2m is not far.. at least for me but I must add that the floor plans are well designed to maximize space. I've not seen better floor plans. I think all the space is 'usable' which may have resulted to the close proximity of the balconies. But if people pay 2 million or more for their sky patio, I'm sure they want some privacy. But that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by NO_7 View Post
    Saw this forum inside has a dimensioned floor plan, not sure where they took from?
    http://www.myhometown.sg/Forum/Publi...3/Default.aspx

I was looking through my email and I also happened to have a draft floor plan of the 3 room condo with dimensions. The total floor size is actually slightly bigger at 107.87 sqm compared to the actual 105 sqm. If the draft floor plan I have is accurate, then the blue brochure for the condo is also pretty accurate as using the scale ruler, the balcony is about 5.4m x 3m which is the same as the draft floor plan.