Page 20 of 115 FirstFirst ... 51015161718192021222324253035404550 ... LastLast

Thread: Watertown : Punggol Waterfront Living

What is more important is the passive income. Active income can stop anytime. Passive income maintains your lifestyle.
    Quote Originally Posted by kane
    Last time earn 150k, 500k is already considered affordable. 4 years and you can repay the house fully leh.

Quote Originally Posted by Xan
    I did a comparison between seastrand, miltonia and WT.
    Seastrand 1 bedder, 570sqft already transact at 560k.
    WT 527sqft is also ard this price.
    So in the end buy WT cos got the convenience.
    Anyway I can't regret already, already sign OTP
    Just curious, why you use the above projects to compare with WT?

anyway congrats on your purchase

Quote Originally Posted by Rosy
    Just curious, why you use the above projects to compare with WT?

anyway congrats on your purchase
    My logic is simple.
    I use a not so good location like seastrand and yet priced similarly to WT (with similar floor size) before I decide my purchase.

My logic is simple.
    I use a not so good location like seastrand and yet priced similarly to WT (similar size) before I decide my purchase.
    your budget limited to 600k? There are cheaper and better resale now.

and may i know why you do not want to buy a ready unit to take the advantage of current low int rate?

Before that, was interested to take a look at parc rosewood becos dirt cheap. But when driving there, maybe I'm stupid or poor direction sense or maybe the location really jia lat, I make 2 attempts but still couldn't get there, in the end I give up
    Last edited by Xan; 28-01-12 at 15:11.

Before that, was interested to take a look at parc rosewood becos dirt cheap. But when driving there, maybe I'm stupid or poor direction sense or maybe the location really jia lat, I make 2 attempts but still couldn't get there, in the end I I've up
    thanks for sharing.

I am wondering the appeal of buying new launches vs resale now.

you are more interested in new launches. however, i am looking at resale now

your budget limited to 600k? There are cheaper and better resale now.

and may i know why you do not want to buy a ready unit to take the advantage of current low int rate?
    Since quantum is less, this means I borrow very little as well. Interest rate doesn't affects me much.
    I do take a look at those near completion with good location but the asking price still ridiculous.
    My sense is price correction has not take its full effect yet and I know many sinkies got holding power.

Since quantum is less, this means I borrow very little as well. Interest rate doesn't affects me much.
    I do take a look at those near completion with good location but the asking price still ridiculous.
    Ic.

I think new properties have a greater appeal.

I do not feel comfortable buying off floor plans.

and yes, i also avoid just TOP projects. 5-10years old and FH is great for me

Garment first attempt with Punggol 21 did not succeed. Now it is being released with help of private developers.

Don't understand why pple rush to buy WT. d15 got so many ard the same Psf. Must well consider tan jong rhu? So near city. Gardens by the bay. New East line. Can rent out now.

Dont understand sgp so many carrot head.

Quote Originally Posted by minority
    Don't understand why pple rush to buy WT. d15 got so many ard the same Psf. Must well consider tan jong rhu? So near city. Gardens by the bay. New East line. Can rent out now.

Dont understand sgp so many carrot head.
    Ya lor, u damn smart lah. U think i never consider tanjong rhu? Which unit in tanjong rhu sells below 570k now?

Xan does have a point. At 5-600k, with mall and MRT, u cannot get that even in HDB. This is the beauty of FEO marketing.
    The real question is, do we have other avenues for a 500k investment ?

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    Xan does have a point. At 5-600k, with mall and MRT, u cannot get that even in HDB. This is the beauty of FEO marketing.
    The real question is, do we have other avenues for a 500k investment ?
    Actually have la ... Clement mall ... Upstairs is actually hdb ... But yah I think that is the only hdb with similar attributes

Ya lor, u damn smart lah. U think i never consider tanjong rhu? Which unit in tanjong rhu sells below 570k now?
    Haha spot on .... It's an issue of quantum nowadays ...

Good point. For those who insult ppl buy Watertown pls do stop it.
    If you not going to congret them,don't pour cold water too.

Respect is the Key

Quote Originally Posted by TMATT

Respect is the Key

Ok ok my wrong. I retract. WaterTown is really a good buy. Where to find a place so far so connected so dense yet so cheap?

I guess 570sf 2 bedded is a new nom? I think if I have to spend the 570k I will go buy a 4 room or 5 room next block. Enjoy the mrt the mall yet got lots of space. But then that's me. Maybe I old fashion need space.

I think FEO should sell the Bomb shelter for 200k! I think sure sold out. Should write in see can they build a bomb shelter tower a not.

Ok ok my wrong. I retract. WaterTown is really a good buy. Where to find a place so far so connected so dense yet so cheap?

I guess 570sf 2 bedded is a new nom? I think if I have to spend the 570k I will go buy a 4 room or 5 room next block. Enjoy the mrt the mall yet got lots of space. But then that's me. Maybe I old fashion need space.

I think FEO should sell the Bomb shelter for 200k! I think sure sold out. Should write in see can they build a bomb shelter tower a not.
    If i can buy hdb i wld have already done so.. Smart alec!
    Diff pple diff situations.
    U think u sure get hdb next block? My cousin tried applied 3 times all kenna rejected.
    U still living in your own world
    U sound like all buyers use their butt to think and make decision?

If i can buy hdb i wld have already done so.. Smart alec!
    Diff pple diff situations.
    U think u sure get hdb next block? My cousin tried applied 3 times all kenna rejected.
    U still living in your own world
    U sound like all buyers use their butt to think and make decision?
    i have some friends ballot for 3x to 7x, all rejected.

cos either spouse existing address is either a landed house, or a private condo.
    zero chance!!

if ur cousin stay hdb and still kena reject.. that's sway!!

Quote Originally Posted by jwong71

cos either spouse existing address is either a landed house, or a private condo.
    zero chance!!

My cousin apply for the hdb next to ATT get rejected. Probably becos all vying for that location due to amendities. When theres so many competitors for a good site and u cant get it, it is not due to sway... Just simply means too many competitors

Genuine demand. Some buy for investment but I believe got people buy it to stay. Birth rate is inching up.

They give more discount to HDB addresses. It means they want to attract certain group of buyers and market a new avenue of lifestyle living. I think Far East is making people bite. Near to Mall, MRT, low quantum, coupled with good advertisements during news hour. I think it is a good deal for Soho stayers (3.4m). After all you get a nice park connector that resembles the one at river valley and tanglin PCN. If you find your house too small, just go to the shopping mall and pay 300-400 maint fees monthly. I do not prefer this kind of lifestyle

But reading a couple of forums, some people bite the suites facing the west sun at 9xx nett psf really purely for investment to rent out. I think it is slightly not proven.
    Affordable means small

Quote Originally Posted by jwong71

zero chance!!

????????what kind of logic is this? As long s the couple do not own private property and did not buy more than the max number of time from HDB they are eligible, even if they live in a private property which might be owned by their parents etc.....

west sun to many is not an issue as they are at work in the day time or at play during weekend...esp small units which occupants are likely to be working adults rather than families....some ang mho prefer West sun as it makes the house brighter...

After reading minority's threads, I really wonder where minoriy bro is staying, or which areas is he investing in?
    He/ she seems to have much personal opinions against feo projects. Maybe someone from a competitor of feo? Haha

Quote Originally Posted by Panerex77
    After reading minority's threads, I really wonder where minoriy bro is staying, or which areas is he investing in?
    He/ she seems to have much personal opinions against feo projects. Maybe someone from a competitor of feo? Haha
    Hah hah I am just a strictly no FEO person. any developer CDL, Capital, WingTai, also better then FEO.

FEO quality is poor. they reuse same material across all projects. lack design inovation always cookie cut across projects, Buy land FH sell as LH. And for all these they charge super premium. and market it as though its a good deal.

Thats why I say FEO is not worth it. WT or CarrotTown.. the river facing units 1300psf? for a LH99? must well go some where nearer to city. ( I shall not mention places incase pple say I bias on location)

Quote Originally Posted by TMATT

Respect is the Key
    There is no such thing as a perfect project. That's why there will always be positive as well as negative points. Not a bad thing as it gives a balanced view.

The issue is not whether WT is lousy, but whether it is worth the $1,200 psf or so. But many missed the quantum part, although paying $2M for a 4 bedder is quite high, IMO. $570K 1 bedder is reasonable, but space wise, not too sure.

If WT is selling for $700 to $800 psf, then I am sure there will be more positive comments.

I will buy a 3bedder facing the waterway for 800psf even though i prefer resale with immediate income.

I will buy a 3bedder facing the waterway for 800psf even though i prefer resale with immediate income.
    where selling 800psf?

If buying for investment, this is really not a fantastic buy, u can dump ur 500k into property stocks, already up more than 10% in 2days if u have done tat. However property is already peakish. May see CM 6 - 20 depending on how loud the whiners are

If buying for stay, then it all boils down to own preference, so no comment.

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    where selling 800psf?
    U get the wrong idea.

U get the wrong idea.
    feeling slow tonight, enlighten me.