Page 22 of 115 FirstFirst ... 271217181920212223242526273237424752 ... LastLast

Thread: Watertown : Punggol Waterfront Living

Quote Originally Posted by Montaigne
    Problem with lh, tenure does affect pricing, especially those older than 10yo.
    EC = 20% discount from 99 LH pte condos
    FH/999 LH = 20% more than 99 LH pte condos

Anyway no more 1+1 deal at $950psf.
    i visited the showflat, think 1+1 layout only suitable for single or couple without kid
    most ppl bought 1+1 for investment?
    predict rental market in punggol to be good?

the 2 room layout is suitable to me, but not the price

Viewed this project and really tempted and nearly get the cheque book until spouse reminded: either freehold or EC, others cannot buy. Anyway no more 1+1 deal at $950psf.
    huh think that price only possible for some low units on Day 1..

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    EC = 20% discount from 99 LH pte condos
    FH/999 LH = 20% more than 99 LH pte condos

So that is to say a 1mil 99yr leasehold condo will start to drop to say 900k after 10 yrs? Or you guys talking about the rate of capital appreciation starts to taper off after 10yrs?

Quote Originally Posted by Kenshinto80
    So that is to say a 1mil 99yr leasehold condo will start to drop to say 900k after 10 yrs? Or you guys talking about the rate of capital appreciation starts to taper off after 10yrs?
    A comparison why EC is a better buy than PC, and much better buy than FH/999LH in the same area. The savings of upfront capital and interest payment can be huge.

Why do people, particularly Singaporean of Today's love getting a private condominium?

What motivates them, and what makes them (including myself) think properties will certainly make us richer?

I, myself do not think property alone would build us wealth.Afterall, we are already complaining we are overly populated as of now. I could not imagine when there are more people migrating into our island.

As much as I love to see my property (HDB) appreciate in value, I certainly do not wish to see my quality of life depreciating along the same timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by yowetan
    Why do people, particularly Singaporean of Today's love getting a private condominium?

What motivates them, and what makes them (including myself) think properties will certainly make us richer?

I, myself do not think property alone would build us wealth.Afterall, we are already complaining we are overly populated as of now. I could not imagine when there are more people migrating into our island.

As much as I love to see my property (HDB) appreciate in value, I certainly do not wish to see my quality of life depreciating along the same timeline.
    sometimes there is not much of a choice.. pretty sure quite a number of us are not eligible for EC/DBSS/HDB ... Resales may not present much of a buying opportunity now.

Quote Originally Posted by pineapple
    sometimes there is not much of a choice.. pretty sure quite a number of us are not eligible for EC/DBSS/HDB ... Resales may not present much of a buying opportunity now.

I agree that the eligibility scale for HDB/DBSS/EC could be well-tweak to accomodate current mean household income. However, I believe the current revision from Khaw should be suffice.

I do not understand nor believe most Singaporean household income (assuming a couple in late 20s to early 30s) would fetch a 8kSGD and above. This is far by fetch very minimal unless they got sponsorship from parents. Else, I am unable to figure out how could they afford a 30 years loan from bank though the current interest rate is around 1.0+ % which is attractive, but this wont be forever. I aint sure but it seems to me that most Singaporean are very positive given the recent launches from FEO have been pretty successful.

When will the next CM coming?

Yah loh there is a huge population of singles below 35 who cannot buy EC/DBSS/HDB, but will like to have a home for themselves. Thats why MM 400k+ units are so popular.

That is an excellent point. Known lots of folks who are not eligible for public housing or the increase in limit to $12k came too late and no longer eligible. If want to buy new apartment, no choice. Kinda of discriminating policy that such group of middle income should only get resales and old flats....then sometimes the wives dun wan stay old ones and lead to fight and divorce. Husbands no choice but buy private condo and work like a slave to pay off loan.

Problem with lh, tenure does affect pricing, especially those older than 10yo.
    Freehold near MRT is rare and super ex. Freehold next to MRT is non existent. All factored in already. I dun think there is any difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenshinto80
    That is an excellent point. Known lots of folks who are not eligible for public housing or the increase in limit to $12k came too late and no longer eligible. If want to buy new apartment, no choice. Kinda of discriminating policy that such group of middle income should only get resales and old flats....then sometimes the wives dun wan stay old ones and lead to fight and divorce. Husbands no choice but buy private condo and work like a slave to pay off loan.
    I think Khaw should revisit the eligible criteria to assess today's and future situation.

The public housing is meant for Singaporean, and not deprived Singaporean from owning one for own stay. HDB could tweak the system whereby all Singaporean regardless of income bracket are allow to purchase public housing but for own stay. It can be sub-let if one has valid reason and documentation to prove their dire situation.

The policy should review and tweak to match all Singaporean expectation; I personally feel this is the basic that government should look after. Roof over ones' head is afterall a basic fundamental to stay warmth, healthy and motivated for the society.

I agree that the eligibility scale for HDB/DBSS/EC could be well-tweak to accomodate current mean household income. However, I believe the current revision from Khaw should be suffice.

I do not understand nor believe most Singaporean household income (assuming a couple in late 20s to early 30s) would fetch a 8kSGD and above. This is far by fetch very minimal unless they got sponsorship from parents. Else, I am unable to figure out how could they afford a 30 years loan from bank though the current interest rate is around 1.0+ % which is attractive, but this wont be forever. I aint sure but it seems to me that most Singaporean are very positive given the recent launches from FEO have been pretty successful.

When will the next CM coming?
    huh? most couples in their late twenties earn more than $8k a month. this is very common

I think Khaw should revisit the eligible criteria to assess today's and future situation.

The public housing is meant for Singaporean, and not deprived Singaporean from owning one for own stay. HDB could tweak the system whereby all Singaporean regardless of income bracket are allow to purchase public housing but for own stay. It can be sub-let if one has valid reason and documentation to prove their dire situation.

The policy should review and tweak to match all Singaporean expectation; I personally feel this is the basic that government should look after. Roof over ones' head is afterall a basic fundamental to stay warmth, healthy and motivated for the society.
    Very well said, my frenz. There are indeed lots of Singaporeans out there who just want a simple roof over their heads without having to work 30 years to pay off silly housing loan. I suspect it maybe a plot to keep Singaporeans working hard so that they got no time to read websites such as TR Emeritus.

Quote Originally Posted by gfoo
    huh? most couples in their late twenties earn more than $8k a month. this is very common
    I am in my mid thirties, and my household income (my wife and myself) is around 7k. I must be underachieving then.

That must be the reasons why couples nowadays have such optimisim. Good for them.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    A comparison why EC is a better buy than PC, and much better buy than FH/999LH in the same area. The savings of upfront capital and interest payment can be huge.
    Lovely...your point reminded me of Austville EC and Riversound Residences by QingJian which are side by side of one another.

Better not...
    Higher income don't touch HDB pls,not even to rent out etc.
    Every HDB flat unit are heavy "partly pay" by Government,
    This one way those low to middle income can get a HOME.

But if top 20% also demand HDB flat,that will only lead to more hate toward the
    Rich,land already not enough in Singapore. Think about our children in future pls.

They could have seen how their grandparents and parents made money from property investment. Properties will only go north with the continuous migration of people here in the future unless Singapore does not attract foreigners anymore. One do not need to retire here given the high cost of living but can use passive income from the home rental to have short-term stay in overseas homes.

Quote Originally Posted by TMATT
    Better not...
    Higher income don't touch HDB pls,not even to rent out etc.
    Every HDB flat unit are heavy "partly pay" by Government,
    This one way those low to middle income can get a HOME.

But if top 20% also demand HDB flat,that will only lead to more hate toward the
    Rich,land already not enough in Singapore. Think about our children in future pls.
    Please do not get my suggestion wrong; I am refering to one criteria is for own stay ONLY for public housing. No sub-let is allow unless one can prove his and/or her income (household income) is lower than the national average. Then they are allow to sub-let based on such criteria; this will ensure public housing is meant for Singaporean ONLY and not for profit churning and profiteering from rental income etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Allthepies
    If buying for investment, this is really not a fantastic buy, u can dump ur 500k into property stocks, already up more than 10% in 2days if u have done tat. However property is already peakish. May see CM 6 - 20 depending on how loud the whiners are

If buying for stay, then it all boils down to own preference, so no comment.
    but what if the stock plunge?

BTW, there are people who are doing it illegally either before MOP or w/o seeking HDB approval.
    Please do not get my suggestion wrong; I am refering to one criteria is for own stay ONLY for public housing. No sub-let is allow unless one can prove his and/or her income (household income) is lower than the national average. Then they are allow to sub-let based on such criteria; this will ensure public housing is meant for Singaporean ONLY and not for profit churning and profiteering from rental income etc.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    BTW, there are people who are doing it illegally either before MOP or w/o seeking HDB approval.
    This group of pest should be punished accordingly and rip them apart to serve a stern message to all Singaporean.

In addition, those who chose to lease with them shall be punished as well. That includes unethical and creative agent who brokerage the deal. I believe such extreme measure will definitely help detering people from exercising creative leasing.

There will be more when more condos TOP in the next few years.
    This group of pest should be punished accordingly and rip them apart to serve a stern message to all Singaporean.

In addition, those who chose to lease with them shall be punished as well. That includes unethical and creative agent who brokerage the deal. I believe such extreme measure will definitely help detering people from exercising creative leasing.

Quote Originally Posted by ulrich76
    Freehold near MRT is rare and super ex. Freehold next to MRT is non existent. All factored in already. I dun think there is any difference.
    take a look at DTL2. u can find them in D9,10,11 too

You can also find them in DTL1. Some are about 100m from stn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosy

Exactly. Almost every condo along the bk timah line is FH.
    And many of them are selling lower than 1300 psf.
    Not FEO ones though

And also quantum are in millions...

This WT case is simple and straightforward: low quantum, so practically ANYONE can INVEST.

Over the last 20 years, the "success story" of getting rich via properties in SG is everywhere. Every one wants to be a pty investor.

The crash of 1996 faded completely in ppl's mind. Or rather, ppl are not old enough to remember that already.

yes. should impose a penalty to the tenants too. right now it only penalise landlords and agents of such.

If government can manage to make seller declare COV, i am sure they can do the same for illegal subletting.

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    Exactly. Almost every condo along the bk timah line is FH.
    And many of them are selling lower than 1300 psf.
    Not FEO ones though

And also quantum are in millions...

This WT case is simple and straightforward: low quantum, so practically ANYONE can INVEST.

Over the last 20 years, the "success story" of getting rich via properties in SG is everywhere. Every one wants to be a pty investor.

The crash of 1996 faded completely in ppl's mind. Or rather, ppl are not old enough to remember that already.
    I believe many are buying into new 99LH launches with the intention to flip once 4yr SSD over. Small quantum does the trick as well. But buying smallish apartments in faraway location is really taking a big bet. Even singles buying for own stay may want to stay closer to the buzzling city

Quote Originally Posted by flagship74
    but what if the stock plunge?
    What if housing price plunge? rental plunge? or some super dooms day scenario that Mr B want us to believe? Or Bank do Cash call?

yes. should impose a penalty to the tenants too. right now it only penalise landlords and agents of such.

If government can manage to make seller declare COV, i am sure they can do the same for illegal subletting.

Frankly the rental will be cap buy the EC ard the area as well as the HDB in the area.. imagine can rent a HDB for 2000-2600pm 5 bed room would u prefer to pay 4K for a 570sqf in ulu poungol?

so at most 2.5K for a studio rental there.. coz look at the EC in the area florida, rio vista, park green? 3500pm get u a full 1300sqf apt.