Page 28 of 115 FirstFirst ... 38131823242526272829303132333843485358 ... LastLast

Thread: Watertown : Punggol Waterfront Living

Quote Originally Posted by Xan
    Thanks for your support.
    Alamak, this is your first post? Hey dont sabo me leh, wait people think I re-register another account and support my own statement. lol

No lar, I just dont like the fact that 750 WT buyers (in fact 800 plus already according to my agent) are labelled as "carrot head".
    I dont think these buyers never do their calculation and comparison before they bought this project because afterall it involved quite a big sum of money.

Anyway, thanks for clarifying the smell and the jet part.
    I'm not staying punggol so I dont know.
    So are you one of the WT buyer? if yes, which unit you bought?
    Ha I am a newbie here. No relation at all to you.

To think that the "generals" and doomsday fortune tellers actually preach and believe that the 750 WT buyers were foolish, dumb (and dumber) to be swayed by the "hype" FEO creates and the cheap sales talk of the agents is nothing short of crappy talk.

I mean people are parting with hundreds of thousands to million of dollars to commit to their dream investment - this is high involvement purchase !!

Typing on the keyboard is low-involvement. period.

Quote Originally Posted by Molotov
    Xan fret not, all launches will hv the usual suspects of naysayers who cast gloom and poke fun at their richer, braver counterparts.
    Their profile is typical:
    1) not enough cash
    2) stuck with bto flat
    3) not enough in oa and sa
    4) invested in the wrong property with no growth
    5)waiting till neck long long for prices to drop to bto levels hoping to buy their first PC
    6) SOUR GRAPES!
    They are coffee table generals who daydream..
    Oh they LIE all the time about their" so and so friends" who went bankrupt buying the
    e wrong property etc etc...
    Sit back and enjoy all that WT can offer to u!
    By the way i hv been a Punggolian (still is) for 9 years - smell? Jets? Don't listen to those loser
    ...my 2 ¢ worth..

Sound like basic lol

Quote Originally Posted by Montaigne
    Sound like basic lol
    it's basic. it's worth 2 cents...

Quote Originally Posted by ay123
    why Yishun? is a mature estate but not much to offer leh.....
    I think otherwise leh.

Existing shopping mall combine with the future mall will be much bigger than WT. Looking at the size of the current bus interchange & 3 blks of shop hses which going to tear down. Land further is slated for institution, so near the heart of Yishun, got only 1 PC. No competition.

Yishun safra, orchid country club, bottletree, hospital etc.

Buying of grocery is such a ease which you can get it from Chong Pang, Neighbourhood 2, 4, 8 etc.

Something big will be planned for Woodland ctr. Coming very soon......

Those vested in Rosewood area.

ya, i see the price i already very tempted to buy.
    Initially I was waiting for the yishun hub.
    But i scare Yishun hub might not be cheap as well, or maybe dont have those of lower quantum, so in the end commit to WT.
    This one got nicer scenery and more recreational activity around, think shopping mall is newer and bigger. Looks more exciting.
    It will not be cheap and the going trend will be the same. Smaller quantum, small unit, easy to sell and higher return for the developer.

BTW, what is the average PSF for Watertown? I notice FEO is very upfront disclosing the average PSF of Hillier of 1224psf, but for watertown it's not and FEO such give a HUGE range from 900 to 1500psf which is meaningless.

Nobody saying buyers of Watertown foolish lah. Some of us just don't believe there is much upside to property prices anymore. Even URA indexes are weakening every month. But if you think now is the right entry point, go ahead.

BTW, the old birds in this forum do have other investments and hv made good money during the bull run. Many of us just feel, the upside is not worth the risk anymore, and we have better places or other asset classes other than residential property to invest. Just because some of us think its not a good time to invest today doesn't mean we have no money. Got money also must invest wisely right?

You must quite new in property investment?

Ha I am a newbie here. No relation at all to you.

To think that the "generals" and doomsday fortune tellers actually preach and believe that the 750 WT buyers were foolish, dumb (and dumber) to be swayed by the "hype" FEO creates and the cheap sales talk of the agents is nothing short of crappy talk.

I mean people are parting with hundreds of thousands to million of dollars to commit to their dream investment - this is high involvement purchase !!

Typing on the keyboard is low-involvement. period.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    BTW, what is the average PSF for Watertown? I notice FEO is very upfront disclosing the average PSF of Hillier of 1224psf, but for watertown it's not and FEO such give a HUGE range from 900 to 1500psf which is meaningless.

Nobody saying buyers of Watertown foolish lah. Some of us just don't believe there is much upside to property prices anymore. Even URA indexes are weakening every month. But if you think now is the right entry point, go ahead.

BTW, the old birds in this forum do have other investments and hv made good money during the bull run. Many of us just feel, the upside is not worth the risk anymore, and we have better places or other asset classes other than residential property to invest. Just because some of us think its not a good time to invest today doesn't mean we have no money. Got money also must invest wisely right?

You must quite new in property investment?
    You have money but don't want to take risk now, fine.
    Others have money too but want to take risk, got an issue here?
    Oh by the way, new here, only.

Actually this is just based on personal experience.

I noticed that a lot of buyers (be it WT, ATT or even other projects) are very eager to share their purchase and excitement in this forum after they had made their investment.

However, usually this is not well received.
    Some of them dont dare to speak too much simply because if talk more, they will invite more criticism, sarcasm or even names calling like "carrot head" etc. By saying this, do you think all the buyers will regret their purchase?
    Nay i don't think so.

Some forumers will then start to question why these buyers wanted to make such investment. Words like "stupid" "crazy" "brainless" "insane" all came out.
    The poor buyers will then try very hard to explain and defend.
    However, the next thing that is likely to happen is they will be accused of being "defensive" because they are vested in that project.

I've been in this forum as long as some of the "old birds" (till now - my 4th purchase) but I realize things has not been changing. The only way to make the discussions more constructive is to put aside personal agendas but focus on why the sales is so good or why the sales is not performing, adv and disadv of the project, economy outlook etc.

Else those who are doing the talking are still the same old group of people
    (in fact keep seeing the same people talk also damn sianz) and those who are new and eager to offer a different perspective might not even feel comfortable to share.
    We might missed out impt details from others who could offer us a different insight.
    Last edited by Xan; 02-02-12 at 13:52.

From the bottom of my heart. I personally think that WT and ATT is really good buy. From someone who is not vest in ANY property yet. I am tempted, but no green light from partner. ATT I tempted. WT I also tempted. Bedok res, Bliss@kovan, luxurie etc, I NOT tempted wor.

From the bottom of my heart. I personally think that WT and ATT is really good buy. From someone who is not vest in ANY property yet. I am tempted, but no green light from partner. ATT I tempted. WT I also tempted. Bedok res, Bliss@kovan, luxurie etc, I NOT tempted wor.
    I do have "small quarrels" with wifey over PC purchase sometimes.
    My wife does not like WT though.
    I gotta "convince", "convince" and "convince".

What's the big thing coming up at Woodlands Centre?
    Is WT better than Bedok Resi or Bliss@Kovan? Location wise, Bedok or Kovan better than Punggol?

Actually I think we need 2 sections to this forum.
    Buy and stay & Buy and invest

The motivations are very different. For buy and stay, the specific location is very important. For such a person, maybe even Cairnhill condos are not as desirable as WT. If I have no car, no maid, no need to go town, like to watch movies and jog at open spaces, Cairnhill condos cannot provide.

For buy and invest, of course only a "carrot" will buy WT if WT and Cairnhill psf is very close.

So of course people will argue with each other here, because they are talking about different motivations!

it's basic. it's worth 2 cents...
    I think he was referring to another forummer called basic.

Quote Originally Posted by propertychap
    Is WT better than Bedok Resi or Bliss@Kovan? Location wise, Bedok or Kovan better than Punggol?
    ask yourself this question, what matters to you?
    - good school
    - MRT to get around
    - food court, wet market, clinic

I made the mistake of buying a freehold condo not near amenities cos everyone tell me must buy freehold. Now I shifted to Sengkang and can get a piping hot kopi-o within 5 mins walk.

Bro... no need to get upset lah. You are right, being new here doesn't mean new to property investment or vice versa.

But obviously you have vested interests and it shows in your defensiveness. This being an open forum surely you cannot expect everyone to agree with you right?

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    I think really carrot-headed at >$1100 psf at that location. ATT $8xx psf is a good buy.
    Agree definitely a case of many carrots

Quote Originally Posted by minority
    why you need to be rude?

Quote Originally Posted by minority
    I'm going to stew some carrots later.
    Sorry not being rude here
    Just triggered my urge to eat carrots
    Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

Quote Originally Posted by ecimbew
    I'm going to stew some carrots later.
    Sorry not being rude here
    Just triggered my urge to eat carrots
    carrot also got many types...

red one or white one?

carrot cake also got angmo type or singaporean type, black or white one...

but we digress.....

Quote Originally Posted by propertychap
    1st bedok
    2nd kovan
    3rd punggol

Anyone beg to differ?

I think those buy 1100 and below probably got some chance of upside in a 5-10 year hori

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    I think those buy 1100 and below probably got some chance of upside in a 5-10 year hori

I think in terms of % agent more upside.

Quote Originally Posted by ulrich76
    ask yourself this question, what matters to you?
    - good school
    - MRT to get around
    - food court, wet market, clinic

I made the mistake of buying a freehold condo not near amenities cos everyone tell me must buy freehold. Now I shifted to Sengkang and can get a piping hot kopi-o within 5 mins walk.
    Very very well said!

Actually this is just based on personal experience.

I noticed that a lot of buyers (be it WT, ATT or even other projects) are very eager to share their purchase and excitement in this forum after they had made their investment.

However, usually this is not well received.
    Some of them dont dare to speak too much simply because if talk more, they will invite more criticism, sarcasm or even names calling like "carrot head" etc. By saying this, do you think all the buyers will regret their purchase?
    Nay i don't think so.

Some forumers will then start to question why these buyers wanted to make such investment. Words like "stupid" "crazy" "brainless" "insane" all came out.
    The poor buyers will then try very hard to explain and defend.
    However, the next thing that is likely to happen is they will be accused of being "defensive" because they are vested in that project.

I've been in this forum as long as some of the "old birds" (till now - my 4th purchase) but I realize things has not been changing. The only way to make the discussions more constructive is to put aside personal agendas but focus on why the sales is so good or why the sales is not performing, adv and disadv of the project, economy outlook etc.

Else those who are doing the talking are still the same old group of people
    (in fact keep seeing the same people talk also damn sianz) and those who are new and eager to offer a different perspective might not even feel comfortable to share.
    We might missed out impt details from others who could offer us a different insight.
    Very true. And also dun follow herd thinking. Also resist sharing what you have purchase on this forum. Buy what you think is a good buy as long as you got holding power n can see the potential. Pple just like to criticise....human nature.

i didn't manage to finish my sentence on the phone for some reason. I also wanted to say, those who pay $1,400-$1,500, I wonder where the upside will come from. And if it does go to $2,000 in some distant future, i think it could be relatively better to buy some subsale at $1,000 and below with some degree of convenience of transport and ammenities.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenshinto80
    Very true. And also dun follow herd thinking. Also resist sharing what you have purchase on this forum. Buy what you think is a good buy as long as you got holding power n can see the potential. Pple just like to criticise....human nature.
    Agree agree agree!!!

I mentioned in another thread before that this forum is a rich source of information but there are numerous opinions. Best is to just use the information for own assessment (and ignore the opinions).

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    i didn't manage to finish my sentence on the phone for some reason. I also wanted to say, those who pay $1,400-$1,500, I wonder where the upside will come from. And if it does go to $2,000 in some distant future, i think it could be relatively better to buy some subsale at $1,000 and below with some degree of convenience of transport and ammenities.
    If indeed $2k in future, current subsales will be dunno how many years old already. UNless you are talking abt those less than 5 years old subsale. But unlikely at only 1kpsf and below for location as goo as WT.

If indeed $2k in future, current subsales will be dunno how many years old already. UNless you are talking abt those less than 5 years old subsale. But unlikely at only 1kpsf and below for location as goo as WT.
    Yes, subsale maybe by then 8-9 years old and watertown is maybe 5 years old. Not on top of a mall but perhaps nearby say 10mins walk.

No issue. Precisely. There are different views. So if someone say not a good investment, you just take it in your stride lah. Don't have to say others got no money. If buy Watertown at $1100psf, it could go up to $1500psf in 5 years time. Then you would have made 5% return (net of transaction costs) in a year which is not too bad but nothing to shout. But the $1500psf is a BIG IF - looking at the supply and not forgetting is at one far end. So there are people who feel the upside is not that fantastic. That's all. And of course URA indexes are telling and resale index already down. Even the developers REDAS are getting bearish. It's fine to be bullish but don't put down others no money just because they think upside is no longer worth the risk.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    No issue. Precisely. There are different views. So if someone say not a good investment, you just take it in your stride lah. Don't have to say others got no money. If buy Watertown at $1100psf, it could go up to $1500psf in 5 years time. Then you would have made 5% return (net of transaction costs) in a year which is not too bad but nothing to shout. But the $1500psf is a BIG IF - looking at the supply and not forgetting is at one far end. So there are people who feel the upside is not that fantastic. That's all. And of course URA indexes are telling and resale index already down. Even the developers REDAS are getting bearish. It's fine to be bullish but don't put down others no money just because they think upside is no longer worth the risk.
    Dont forget Boonlay is at another far end of singapore and look at centris now, the price had doubled. Boonlay even empowdered with funny cocoa smell whenever I pass by there while Punggol I had not smell anything funny yet.

Nothing is absolute. Amenities and MRT convenience are still the key factors people looking for, else other projects like riversound will not be swatting flies even if it is selling at 300+psf cheaper than WT.
    Then you can also say riversound got more upside coz its only 850psf and is likely to hit 1100psf in 5 years time. If this is what you think, then why so skeptical of WT being able to hit 1500psf in near furture? Price rise and fall in tandem, bro.

The truth is, if developer sales for a project is not moving at all at this point of time, then we dont even need to talk about its upsides. WT obviously had crossed over its first hurdle (judging from its recent sales record) and then subsequently, subsale, rental demand will take place, and slowly you can then see the upsides coming along the way. Good thing is, most units are of low quantum (below 1 mil) and I believe most of the WT buyers have the ability to hold in bad times.

The big "IF" comes to my mind before when I purchase my first property at 430psf back in 2005, where economy outlook was gloomy then. No one expect it to have doubled in a short period of time when economy starts to pick up in 2007. Then I quickly cash out.

In conclusion nothing is absolute.
    WT buyers know they cant predict the future. But they know a few things cannot run away: low quantum (= low risk), amendities and mrt convenience. Which I think valid enough for them to commit.

I hope I am able to justify and reasoned appropriately and not come across to the rest as being defensive.