Page 42 of 115 FirstFirst ... 121722273237383940414243444546475257626772 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 3440

Thread: Watertown : Punggol Waterfront Living

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    You take MRT you don't know?
    10 mins or even more!
    Joke of the day.

Yah... this thread getting nasty. There will be no end to this as individual needs and wants differ.

Personally I think Watertown looks like its going to be great place to live. Though I am put off by its pricing, I don't see why there is a need to criticise the other aspects of WT for the sake of critcism.

Cheers!
    Quote Originally Posted by rymccondo77
    Yup, agree totally on this. There will always be different opinions and different needs.

Some have children, Some don't.
    Some have children who study in Bukit Timah, Some have children who study elsewhere (e.g. Bishan)
    Some have maids, Some have/prefer to rely on their parents/in-law living nearby.
    Some drive, Some don't (I don't because I do not have children yet - so its the MRT / Buses / Taxis for me and I just have to bear with the break downs when they happen).
    Some work in the Dhoby Ghaut / Shenton Way areas, Some work in the outskirts.
    Some do not like to walk, Some don't mind walking (to me walking to the MRT / walking to another line is not an inconvenience but is an opportunity to do some exercise through brisk walking - this is my own personal preference).

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Mohankrish
    It is great! I have been eying the site for 3 years. Helps when you live there! Bought a 4 room at $1030 per sq feet. I got it at the preview. Prices now are just too crazy!
    U must hv gotten T9 sky patio during the VVIP preview when the 4 bedders went from $1000psf to $$1060psf.
    The 3 bedder sky patios at T11 were snapped up at a whopping $1470psf and those at T10 and T4 patios are now going at $1450 - 1500psf.
    The early bird catches the worm.....

Quote Originally Posted by Molotov
    U must hv gotten T9 sky patio during the VVIP preview when the 4 bedders went from $1000psf to $$1060psf.
    The 3 bedder sky patios at T11 were snapped up at a whopping $1470psf and those at T10 and T4 patios are now going at $1450 - 1500psf.
    Location, Location and Location! Superb view comes at high

1500psf!!!

Punggol become new hub then WT will be considered cheap le while ATT will be considered lelong le...

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by graveyard
    Location, Location and Location! Superb view comes at high
    I actually wanted the units facing the waterway but was advised against it as they would not be offered at the preview. That was my dream! Now I have a glimpse of the waterway between 2 towers at 500psf less on a very high floor! I think I can live with that!

Smile

Yeah baby!

I actually wanted the units facing the waterway but was advised against it as they would not be offered at the preview. That was my dream! Now I have a glimpse of the waterway between 2 towers at 500psf less on a very high floor! I think I can live with that!
    new agent marketing: waterway pocketview

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    You take MRT you don't know?
    The problem is not with being near MRT station. The problem is being that near North-East Line MRT station is the most worthless simply because when changing to N-S Line or E-W Line (and vice versa) have to walk about 10 mins or even more!
    Beter stay near MRT stations along NS, EW Lines as changing between the 2 is just walking across the platform or just up/down the elevator.
    Even Circle Line have to walk quite some distance but the distance is about half that of North-East Line.
    Then there's no point for the govt to be building more and more MRT lines?

Who knows in future Punggol may become a prime district.
    I remembered many years ago, when the land at Marine Parade was reclaimed and flats built there, some people shunned that area.
    We never know the future.

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    new agent marketing: waterway pocketview

ponding view!!! also have fireworks can see city..!!! according to tv advert!

get over it and move on....

Quote Originally Posted by toufu
    in Bishan which are also very near to Punggol...
    Bishan is VERY near to Punggol? Measured on Google Earth, it is 8.4km straight line. If you walk at 12mins for every km, you will take 1hr40m.

That's a fact for you.

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    Who knows in future Punggol may become a prime district.
    I remembered many years ago, when the land at Marine Parade was reclaimed and flats built there, some people shunned that area.
    We never know the future.
    good point but will you pay 1400psf for something you don't know?

Quote Originally Posted by minority
    ponding view!!! also have fireworks can see city..!!! according to tv advert!

which part of the TV commercial shows the city view? i think you have stereotyped it that if can see fireworks, it must be in the city.

I did see a small scale of fireworks at the Punggol area many years back. So, don't be surprise to see fireworks in elsewhere.. of course, it will not be as grand as what you see in the marina bay.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernStar
    which part of the TV commercial shows the city view? i think you have stereotyped it that if can see fireworks, it must be in the city.

I did see a small scale of fireworks at the Punggol area many years back. So, don't be surprise to see fireworks in elsewhere.. of course, it will not be as grand as what you see in the marina bay.
    it shows the city view with fireworks. like sliversea add put silversea right next to flyer and sands.

better than nothing, right? and 500psf cheaper than those with the view at 1500psf....good deal

stack 81 or 76?

Quote Originally Posted by masterkey
    stack 81 or 76?
    81. Stack 76 went for $130 000 more 3 days later. Was not released at preview.

81. Stack 76 went for $130 000 more 3 days later. Was not released at preview.
    you made the right choice, best of both worlds in fact! Facing the main pool plus got a partial view of the waterfront. Front facing may end up very noisy with many restaurants below including large crowds during week-ends. Fortunately you went for 81 otherwise you end up paying 25% more for front stacks which is commanding around $1,400psf now.

Quote Originally Posted by chanel
    you made the right choice, best of both worlds in fact! Facing the main pool plus got a partial view of the waterfront. Front facing may end up very noisy with many restaurants below including large crowds during week-ends. Fortunately you went for 81 otherwise you end up paying 25% more for front stacks which is commanding around $1,400psf now.
    FEO pricing is weird.
    25% price differenece is a very huge difference.
    I dont think the view can cause such a big difference in price.
    Anyway, he definitely got a very good deal.

Punggol is 11 stations away from Dhoby Ghaut...and is really "in a sea of HDBs" ...

Just like another member mentioned, quite a significant mindset change on the condo buyers. Many years back we used to say "never touch a condo which can see a HDB with a 10 ft pole" (ok old already....) And we used to value exclusiveness and privacy. the very word of "Punggol" completely puts many of us off. (no we are most definitely not the "miss the boat" ppl. that crown belongs to Basic)

the new generation of buyers love to have a mall next door, with all the jostle and crowds and etc. exactly a natural progression from HDB dwelling to condo living.

in any case risk taking is a natural requirement in this pty business. in this particular case the size involved is just a few hundred k, the potential loss is negligible. and who say Punggol cannot be next Jurong East (which coincidentally is also about 11 stations away).

So I wish all the buyers best of luck. An active pty market is always good for everybody

Quote Originally Posted by Xan
    FEO pricing is weird.
    Prices went up due to supply & demand, those who bought on 1st day of VVIP got the best deal. Stack 81 was sold out on 1st day, stack 76 was then released on 2nd day at higher price and by evening only 2 units left. On 3rd day official launch, all sold. FEO reserved front stacks at much higher prices - list price of $2.4M before discount versus $1.89M for stack 76.

last time only those near city can command high price but now the buying sentiment has changed. now PPL look for convenient then to be near city. the new generation want new lively town. as long it is near MRT or mall (best is near both) the new generation is willing to pay for it. anyway spore is so small, even if you travel from east to west or north to south, the most you spend one to one n half hour of journey. the new generation is looking for far from noisy town but equip with necessary amenities and near MRT. as long a project that fulfil such requirement, it will attract buyer.

Quote Originally Posted by Xan
    FEO pricing is weird.
    Another way to look at it is that the people who bought later got a very bad deal.

Test water prices exceeded expectations so FEO strike iron while hot, ramped up the prices ridiculously to capitalise on the feeding frenzy and herd mentality.

FEO really milked it and lapped it up.

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    Punggol is 11 stations away from Dhoby Ghaut...and is really "in a sea of HDBs" ...

Just like another member mentioned, quite a significant mindset change on the condo buyers. Many years back we used to say "never touch a condo which can see a HDB with a 10 ft pole" (ok old already....) And we used to value exclusiveness and privacy. the very word of "Punggol" completely puts many of us off. (no we are most definitely not the "miss the boat" ppl. that crown belongs to Basic)

the new generation of buyers love to have a mall next door, with all the jostle and crowds and etc. exactly a natural progression from HDB dwelling to condo living.

in any case risk taking is a natural requirement in this pty business. in this particular case the size involved is just a few hundred k, the potential loss is negligible. and who say Punggol cannot be next Jurong East (which coincidentally is also about 11 stations away).

So I wish all the buyers best of luck. An active pty market is always good for everybody

how much times have changed, I used to remember the FH condo beside Dhoby Ghaut properties are selling around the same price at Watertown, 1.3-1.5k psf. The property market is truly active with so many upgraders these days

I find it hard to believe the buyers of WT feel that their purchases are good deals when they are paying the highest psf amongst all the properties in Punggol currently.

Sorry, this is just a frank observation. No intention to pour cold water. WT is really a nice development for own stay.

Quote Originally Posted by fclim
    I find it hard to believe the buyers of WT feel that their purchases are good deals when they are paying the highest psf amongst all the properties in Punggol currently.

Sorry, this is just a frank observation. No intention to pour cold water. WT is really a nice development for own stay.
    http://www.realestatebriefings.com/r...erd-mentality/

Quote Originally Posted by dtrax
    how much times have changed, I used to remember the FH condo beside Dhoby Ghaut properties are selling around the same price at Watertown, 1.3-1.5k psf. The property market is truly active with so many upgraders these days
    Very true indeed!
    Our little red dot has limited land, property prices has only one direction to move upwards and with this trend, freehold land doesnt really hold true anymore. Nowadays, people doesnt bother with freehold, afterall we dont live that long and do they care about the next generation to pass on their properties. If they can afford, they rather spend their money and live in style at whichever district of their choice.
    For comparison, Kovan Residences 99 years lease (just TOP) versus freehold Bliss Kovan (just launched & a stone throw away), both transacting about the same price of $1,400psf. Bliss was launched few months ago and so far, less than 50% sold as reported by developer (BBR) in the Business Times last week.