Page 90 of 115 FirstFirst ... 60657075808586878889909192939495100105110 ... LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,700 of 3440

Thread: Watertown : Punggol Waterfront Living

Quote Originally Posted by Molotov
    Watertown is expensive but in relative terms only. Imagine how much a 999/FH project with similar attributes like Watertown would price itself? $2500psf or $3000psf?
    Doubt very much Watertown can command more than $2K psf considering Punggol is still an ulu suburb. But who knows property market can go crazy & no one can predict the future.
    Property prices may fluctuate according to economy, still it is an investment that will never spiral down due to shortage of land. Some old HDB prices are already rising skyhigh, can these match with private condos in terms of facilities, security & quality?
    Foreigners are allowed to buy private apartments and if they like the locality & the unit, the sellers may ask for sky high prices and buyers are prepared to pay. Maybe a selected few choice units have more bargaining power.
    All they need is a scapegoat to start the trend of pushing up property prices and this is already happening in HDB. Sellers get bank valuation on their units, asked for highest COV and when buyers bite the bullet, they refuse to sell and continue to raise their COV prices by hundreds of thousands. HUDC prices have gone beyond $1M and some are more than 20 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by Molotov
    Good question. Most people will clamour to say 999/FH without blinking an eye. It's like a can't-go-wrong kind of purchase.

I beg to differ a little with this real-life-story: a decision was needed between 99LH Sanctuary Green (Tanbjung Rhu) and 999/FH Dahlia Park back in 2005. Both were going for between $500-$600psf. The heart says SG coz it's nearer to city and being in East Coast. The head says DP of course 999/FH! All friends and property experts said the same thing. 4 years later, SG was going at $1000psf or more and DP ? A sad $600 -$650 psf.

You be the judge.
    You have quoted an interesting example. I have made some observations too:

Sanctuary Green LH99 is now going at around $1100-1200psf, while Parkshore FH directly next to it is going only slightly more at $1200-1300psf.

Cote D'azur LH99 sea-facing condo next to PP is going at $1200-1300psf. The SeaView FH which is just across the road but without seaview is commanding much more at $1600psf ...

Another freehold Naung Residence near to Hougang MRT, comparable to Bliss@Kovan launched about the same price of $1,450 psf and sale is slow.
    So far, Naung sold only 9 units out of total of 60 units since July i.e. 6 in July, 2 in Aug & 1 in Sep. Developer may have to lower prices to lure buyers otherwise how to build, moreover the land is very small compared to Bliss.

Quote Originally Posted by chanel
    Another freehold Naung Residence near to Hougang MRT, comparable to Bliss@Kovan launched about the same price of $1,450 psf and sale is slow.
    So far, Naung sold only 9 units out of total of 60 units since July i.e. 6 in July, 2 in Aug & 1 in Sep. Developer may have to lower prices to lure buyers otherwise how to build, moreover the land is very small compared to Bliss.
    correction, Naung is 999 years

Its recent adverts in newspaper claimed 2 bedder almost sold out. I wonder how true it is... Lets wait for oct 15 to see the new URA data.

I concur with you wholesale! Freehold properties do not hold true anymore unless landed.
    Typical example, Bliss@Kovan launched at $1,400 - $1,500 psf one year ago and due to poor sales, delay in demolition & construction work. It's freehold & this condo looks very attractive, not too far from Kovan MRT. Lately sales picked up with another 6-7 units sold after adjusting their prices downwards to $1,200 - $1,300 psf.
    Versus Kovan Regency, 99 years just launched last weekend & now 94% sold at average of $1,250 psf.
    Why buyers rather choose 99 over freehold? Most dont care cos how many can live beyond 99 years.
    Fortunately Watertown also 99 can hold their price unchanged with latest transactions @ $1,500 psf beating Bliss handsdown.
    I wasn't sure if bliss discount was pervasive or just given only to certain large units/stacks which BBR had difficulty selling. From what I know all 1 and 2 bedders non-PES were sold between $1400-1480 while larger units are $1200-1300-ish. Over any period of time as a general rule, units with better facing,higher floor are usually sold first followed by the ones that are lower floor or PES, hence this buying pattern inevitably cause a "down trend" perception in psf over time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanarazu
    I wasn't sure if bliss discount was pervasive or just given only to certain large units/stacks which BBR had difficulty selling. From what I know all 1 and 2 bedders non-PES were sold between $1400-1480 while larger units are $1200-1300-ish. Over any period of time as a general rule, units with better facing,higher floor are usually sold first followed by the ones that are lower floor or PES, hence this buying pattern inevitably cause a "down trend" perception in psf over time.
    I was quoted and offered a $40K furniture voucher for a 3BR some time back. Reason why vouchers were offered by developer is because they dont want to lower the option prices lodged in the URA caveats.

Nevertheless, i think Bliss@Kovan has fully sold out all the non PH units.

Quote Originally Posted by Panerex77
    I called FEO on this.

The granite or marble or porcelain option as specified on the Building Specs in the S&P, infers to the options that FEO can choose to provide to buyers.

In my 2BR instance, FEO gave me the option to choose marble or porcelain.

I further checked, and it seems that only SOHO units are given the option of granite. Not sure if that is true.

And there is no option for me to top-up to get granite.

So i guess, LLST. No room to fight further.

So which is better?

I am inclined to have marble (beige colour - warm). But less easily to maintain over time, stain easily and the size of tiles is smaller.

For porcelain (white colour- cool), i always thought it would have been cheaper and less classy than marble. But the tile size is bigger and easier to maintain.
    Did you get the choice of kitchen layout as well? For sky patio 4-bedder, 2 options of glass panel and sliding glass door between kitchen & living, aluminium louvered door at yard & gas cooker hob
    OR open kitchen concept with sliding glass door between kitchen & yard and electric cooker hob.

For flooring, a choice of 3 selections :

Cool (white porcelain tiles) with dark tone timber for kitchen & bathroom cabinet

Warm 1 (beige marble) with medium tone timber cabinet or

Warm 2 (grey marble) with dark tone timber cabinet

Agree with you that porcelain tiles are easy to clean and least stain problems. Marble is soft, difficult to maintain, cracks easily but more classy giving different type of feeling.
    Actually white porcelain looks really nice in the showroom. The grey marble tiles in the 3 bedroom doesnt look attractive, like alot of crack lines.
    Any comment on which kitchen layout is better?

am glad that the supermarket at watertown point will be NTUC Finest...and not others like Shexx Sioxxx or Gixxx

Quote Originally Posted by Panerex77
    am glad that the supermarket at watertown point will be NTUC Finest...and not others like Shexx Sioxxx or Gixxx
    yalor, the SPs there can pay such a high price, of course, NTUC has to move in as FINEST.

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10296p....6?OpenDocument

Congrats to all Watertown buyers!!

Quote Originally Posted by beepbeep
    Huat ah! But what about the newer roads?? Need at least 2 more entrances/exits..

Quote Originally Posted by beepbeep
    From the HDB drawings there seems to have 2 new roads entering Punggol from Seletar Aerospace hub. Will that help ease traffic coming into and going out of this waterfront city?

I always believe there is a underlying reason for FEO project pricing

WOW...1630psf!!!

WATERTOWN PUNGGOL CENTRAL Apartment 1 2,417,280 1,475 Strata 1,639 Aug-12

Quote Originally Posted by RCR
    WOW...1630psf!!!

WATERTOWN PUNGGOL CENTRAL Apartment 1 2,417,280 1,475 Strata 1,639 Aug-12
    seahill along west coast, no mrt, no mall etc already hit 1900psf.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33
    I guess you referring to 1 or 2 bedroom. But their bigger unit only $12xx PSF

So cheap !

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33
    It's a wonder that Seahill can be more expensive than Sky Habitat !

Coming end 2012, looking back on all new launch records since 2007, Watertown top the sales in the first month launch.

Last edited by NO_7; 13-12-12 at 11:26.

Wow nice info, where can i get this report generated from ?

Quote Originally Posted by NO_7
    Coming end 2012, looking back on all new launch records since 2007, Watertown top the sales in the first month launch.

Thanks for the information. The Parc Condo, with 659 units - sold out in the first month - very impressive performance given the number of units.

the festive chinese new year atmosphere with loud blaring speakers did the trick perhaps.

Added the avg Psf.

Massive Punggol plan found at HDB Hub. Watertown looks even more promising.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/78twm234ic...%2040%20PM.jpg
    Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

Quote Originally Posted by ecimbew
    Massive Punggol plan found at HDB Hub. Watertown looks even more promising.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/78twm234ic...%2040%20PM.jpg
    can't open photo bro

Source ST

Quote Originally Posted by rymccondo77
    Thanks for the information. The Parc Condo, with 659 units - sold out in the first month - very impressive performance given the number of units.
    One thing I don't understand, parc centro sold out within a short while whereas ATT still has unsold units despite they launch earlier.
    Location and price wise similar. Could it be the Matilda house?

Quote Originally Posted by Xan
    One thing I don't understand, parc centro sold out within a short while whereas ATT still has unsold units despite they launch earlier.
    Location and price wise similar. Could it be the Matilda house?
    ATT (882 units) has more units than Parc Centros (618 units) and has sold 848 units as at end Nov 12. So ATT sales is good considering the total number of units that it has. There may be some impact from Matilda House, but not enough to stop 848 buyers!

Quote Originally Posted by rymccondo77
    ATT (882 units) has more units than Parc Centros (618 units) and has sold 848 units as at end Nov 12. So ATT sales is good considering the total number of units that it has. There may be some impact from Matilda House, but not enough to stop 848 buyers!
    Appreciate your explanation.
    However, don't you think its strange?
    Yes, PC has lesser units compared to ATT but not that many.
    Even WT who has got 992 units sells better than ATT.
    WT left over units can be explained by the large quantum. But ATT I'm not so sure.
    Secondly, PC only takes a month to sell out. This ATT project has been around for a year.
    By right, judging from demands for WT and PC, they should be very similar. Just don't understand why ATT had not sell out after so long.
    Thus, the thought of Matilda house came to my mind, or cld it b other reasons?
    As a buyer, I wld prefer ATT location more than PC, that's why I'm puzzled.
    Last edited by Xan; 25-12-12 at 23:55.

Quote Originally Posted by Xan
    Appreciate your explanation.
    However, don't you think its strange?
    Yes, PC has lesser units compared to ATT but not that many.
    Even WT who has got 992 units sells better than ATT.
    WT left over units can be explained by the large quantum. But ATT I'm not so sure.
    Secondly, PC only takes a month to sell out. This ATT project has been around for a year.
    By right, judging from demands for WT and PC, they should be very similar. Just don't understand why ATT had not sell out after so long.
    Thats why The thought of Matilda house came to my mind, or cld it b other reasons?
    As a buyer, I wld prefer ATT location more than PC, that's why I'm puzzled.
    Sim Lian has a habit of jacking about the prices of the units progressively if the project sells well. maybe that feeling of paying top price as compared to your neighbours is holding people back. if they maintained the price at near the launch price, I think it would have long been sold out.