Page 17 of 115 FirstFirst ... 2712131415161718192021222732374247 ... LastLast

Thread: Watertown : Punggol Waterfront Living

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    for 1390 I give u orchard boulevard address now ! Ok LH99 but still..

It's the quantum.
    haha, true la....psf may be 1390, quantum is actually 6 million....HAHAHA

but seriously, my agent has been very active in bringing me to view river valley condos...some studios going at 800K!!!! the quantum also damn attractive ainit?!

I would think most buyers to be hdb upgraders staying around the area?

Once Watertown TOP, upgrade to stay in condo and rent out the hdb flat.

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    ok perhaps. but there were at least 2 stacks of 4 bedder fully sold and 2 stacks of 3 bedder fully sold, both facing the waterway. so that's 48 units at pretty high quantums/psf. minority but you have at least 10% of the buyers who are willing to pay those $1,300-$1,500psf is just baffling...
    I dun find it hard to believe.
    There is a very large pool of buyers in punggol. Out f so many hundreds of thousands of HDB households in the area, there bound to have some households that are well to do. These few "premium" units cater for them.
    This project is not without merit. Plus you have plenty of ppl who just buy near their current homes.
    The beauty of the marketing is using the low quantum units to build up a momentum. With it the borderline buyers get pushed in.

that's very high... i was informed about 180/month for a 2br 775sqft unit at ATT

Quote Originally Posted by Xan
    Heard Watertown maintenance fee range from 300 to 400 per months with most units less than 700sqft.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastboy
    but seriously, my agent has been very active in bringing me to view river valley condos...some studios going at 800K!!!! the quantum also damn attractive ainit?!
    Even before CM5 many FH projects in river valley were doing 1350 only. But those are really old, and many are apartments. Some may not like it.

There is another factor, and that is totally gov's fault: the LTVs. Buying new you have like 2 yrs to pay the 40%. Buying resale u need it now. Plus SSD for BUC is almost irrelevant anyway. So end up borderline investors all flock to new sales.

Quote Originally Posted by kwee19
    that's very high... i was informed about 180/month for a 2br 775sqft unit at ATT
    btw, pls don't take developers word for word hor. the real deal will only be out when it TOP....lol

Actually one of the measure Government will take is to stop people rent out the HDB flat so easily, maybe extent to 10yrs if you want to rent out or had pay finish the mortgage.

looking at more & more people holding back the HDB flat, rent only, refuse to sell, it is matter of time Government will take action. 10yrs minimum stay before can rent out

Quote Originally Posted by GSLJ
    I would think most buyers to be hdb upgraders staying around the area?

Once Watertown TOP, upgrade to stay in condo and rent out the hdb flat.

I dun find it hard to believe.
    There is a very large pool of buyers in punggol. Out f so many hundreds of thousands of HDB households in the area, there bound to have some households that are well to do. These few "premium" units cater for them.
    This project is not without merit. Plus you have plenty of ppl who just buy near their current homes.
    The beauty of the marketing is using the low quantum units to build up a momentum. With it the borderline buyers get pushed in.
    without question there's definitely a ready pool of upgraders and some of them probably are doing very well. but it never ceases to amaze me how willing they are to part with their money, and at a significant premium. so much so that if we took the psf of each region, we'll probably get a blurring between CCR, OCR and RCR. in the end it's just one R, and it's the whole island of singapore perhaps.

without question there's definitely a ready pool of upgraders and some of them probably are doing very well. but it never ceases to amaze me how willing they are to part with their money, and at a significant premium. so much so that if we took the psf of each region, we'll probably get a blurring between CCR, OCR and RCR. in the end it's just one R, and it's the whole island of singapore perhaps.
    I wouldn't pay $2M to get a 4BR unit here. Those who buy 4BR probably have 2 or 3 kids. Not many established Secondary schools nearby, maybe only Nan Chiau. It will be far for the kids to travel when they go to Sec., even with MRT at doorstep. Not to mention the distance to NUS. I feel it is always a safer bet to live somewhere near the centre or southern part of the island, not at the outskirts. KPE may be smooth now, but when Punggol is fully developed? Noticed all the ERP gantries. They are there for a reason.

The waterfront is really only a canal, albeit a beautiful one. But, it is NOT a reservoir nor the sea. The far bank of the canal has open spaces which will probably be filled with HDB flats or more condos. So, it's not like you can experience 天涯海角.

Quote Originally Posted by fclim
    I wouldn't pay $2M to get a 4BR unit here. Those who buy 4BR probably have 2 or 3 kids. Not many established Secondary schools nearby, maybe only Nan Chiau. It will be far for the kids to travel when they go to Sec., even with MRT at doorstep. Not to mention the distance to NUS. I feel it is always a safer bet to live somewhere near the centre or southern part of the island, not at the outskirts. KPE may be smooth now, but when Punggol is fully developed? Noticed all the ERP gantries. They are there for a reason.

The waterfront is really only a canal, albeit a beautiful one. But, it is NOT a reservoir nor the sea. The far bank of the canal has open spaces which will probably be filled with HDB flats or more condos. So, it's not like you can experience 天涯海角.
    you want sea, they have, they call it silver sea and the are selling over $2,000psf apparently. lol.

you want sea, they have, they call it silver sea and the are selling over $2,000psf apparently. lol.
    Got quite a few $1,500 to $1,600 psf ones. Decent sizes too.

Got quite a few $1,500 to $1,600 psf ones. Decent sizes too.
    FH I presume?

FH I presume?
    Silversea. Got sea breeze, dunno got sea view anot.

Quote Originally Posted by Panerex77
    noob here..what's OCR?
    Was quoted 590k for one bedder suites at towr 7.
    Slightly more ex than tower 5 one bedder suites but the good thing is it is non LRT facing. However it will have some west sun.
    Worth buying?

Quote Originally Posted by Xan
    Was quoted 590k for one bedder suites at towr 7.
    Slightly more ex than tower 5 one bedder suites but the good thing is it is non LRT facing. However it will have some west sun.
    Worth buying?
    having west sun not so ideal imo. your unit will be very uncomfortable from noon till evening.
    Lrt is different from mrt as it creates a much lower noise level.
    It will not be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by fiat500
    having west sun not so ideal imo. your unit will be very uncomfortable from noon till evening.
    Lrt is different from mrt as it creates a much lower noise level.
    It will not be a problem.
    LRT tracks should be fine but LRT station will be slightly louder whenever there's announcement through the PA.

Why so hot? This is not true riverside living!

I was in Amsterdam just yesterday this is what riverside living looks and feels like:

Will it be the same for watertown?

Not even near...

Travel time to NUS by MRT actually cut down significantly with the circle line for NorthEast folks. Also, many people need to walk or take bus to reach MRT station which is another 15 to 20mins gone. Staying directly on top of MRT is definitely an asset.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenshinto80
    Travel time to NUS by MRT actually cut down significantly with the circle line for NorthEast folks. Also, many people need to walk or take bus to reach MRT station which is another 15 to 20mins gone. Staying directly on top of MRT is definitely an asset.
    So would it be better to stay at Punggol, take MRT (about 10 mins?) to Serangoon Interchange for the transfer to Circle line or stay one or two bus-stops from Serangoon MRT and take condo shuttle bus/SBS bus (5 mins?) to Serangoon MRT?

How does one justify the price of a condo atop Punggol MRT to be equal to or higher than one that is one or two bus-stops from an Interchange MRT? Or for that matter, Watertown prices equal Kovan Residences prices, quantum wise, but KR definitely with much larger internal living space? $2M can buy a 4BR in Kovan Residences with an area of 1765 sq ft.

ikan bilis is offline i'm Buaya ! Girls BEWARE !!...

Some question: is facing LRT track really that bad ??.. for this project, the LRT track is like same height as the mall, and below those soho/suite's height ?..

not just d15, but a lot of other places as well.
    Totally agree. so many Carrot head chop by FEO smoke n mirror marketing...

But really got to to give FEO props for being able to market Watertown well.

With the recent new CM and the bearish property sentiment, FEO still able to launch at 1K to 1.5K. Many are still flocking there to grab a unit.

Salute.

only 2 Words..

CARROT HEADS.....
    Last edited by minority; 26-01-12 at 08:01.

Congrats on your purchase.

Below 1K psf for this I reckon is a good buy, with the convenience of the MRT and mall at your doorstep.

Yeah connivence at the end of the MRT line.....

You all are not getting it.

It's the quantum. The secret of FEO in OCR is tiny size with affordable lump sum figure.

Never had a "condo" been so affordable. Less than 700k ! Imagine a resale HDB is already 600k.
    I can sell u a store room for 500K and call it cheap too! thats why I always give all FEO project a miss. If hear FEO win a land bid quickly go look ard the secondary market near by. For sure FEO will price 10yrs worth of price in the new launch...

Look at bishan 8! its a good example. I think many stil barely break even after 10yrs.

Quote Originally Posted by dtrax
    Why so hot? This is not true riverside living!

I was in Amsterdam just yesterday this is what riverside living looks and feels like:

Will it be the same for watertown?
    Watertown should rename to CarrotTown. plant Carrot in all the green area.

Look at FEO marketing ad. can see fireworks and City.. same marketing at silversea like its just beside Marina Flyer and Sands..... Smoke n Mirrors lah. All the $ go the marketing hah hah...

It is convenient but too close for comfort as one would like to come back to a peaceful home. Different people different preference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenshinto80

Quote Originally Posted by ikan bilis
    Some question: is facing LRT track really that bad ??.. for this project, the LRT track is like same height as the mall, and below those soho/suite's height ?..

Yeah not that bad. Just remember to use the SAF grade ear plugs when u are staying in.. I am sure FEO not so stingy and will provide 1mth supply.

so much so that if we took the psf of each region, we'll probably get a blurring between CCR, OCR and RCR. in the end it's just one R, and it's the whole island of singapore perhaps.
    Not really . You have to do apple to apple compare. MM in CCR is still 2 times the psf of MM in OCR.
    And btw large size 3 or 4bds are almost nonexistent now in OCR new launches ! size is the real luxury. 1500 3bd and 2000 4bd is going to be CCR exclusive very soon.

Not really . You have to do apple to apple compare. MM in CCR is still 2 times the psf of MM in OCR.
    And btw large size 3 or 4bds are almost nonexistent now in OCR new launches ! size is the real luxury. 1500 3bd and 2000 4bd is going to be CCR exclusive very soon.
    The problem is new launches in ccr also shrinks its sizes.

Ultra rich buyers may not like to buy too old condos of let say more than 10years old.