Page 21 of 115 FirstFirst ... 61116171819202122232425263136414651 ... LastLast

Thread: Watertown : Punggol Waterfront Living

Quote Originally Posted by Panerex77
    After reading minority's threads, I really wonder where minoriy bro is staying, or which areas is he investing in?
    He/ she seems to have much personal opinions against feo projects. Maybe someone from a competitor of feo? Haha
    Hi Bro Panerex, pls do not feel annoyed by him lah.
    This guy simply do not understand the meaning of absolute quantum and the convenience of staying near shopping/MRT. His forte is shouting people carrot head and he keeps himself entertained by his bird stories on the bomb shelter nonsense.

I do have doubts about the space for the 1 +1 suites initially until when the showflat for suites (560sqft) was done up and I find the space and layout quite efficient and liveable. The best part is, I am seeing what I'm buying.

Talking about projects, I buy CDL, MCL, evergreen before and now FEO. The first year I move into a CDL project. the aircon board spoil and when I ask for a replacement, CDL charge me $1200 for the board replacement. The frustrating thing is my condo aircon fails again after the replacement.

Well, diff people prefer diff forms of investment. Some buy property, some buy shares, some buy gold....So far property investment had served me well and I'm pretty comfortable in it. I prefer to invest something I'm familiar with. In actual fact, diff people has diff financial profile and financial management. To each his own lah.

Anyway, I passby WT showflat when cycling at waterway just now.
    As at 9.30pm, tower 7 suites almost fully sold (level 3 to 12 all sold).
    Left 2 units at 13th floor and very few units at 14th floor.
    By looking at this rate, they would probably remove the tower 7 board as all suites will be gone tomorrow.
    Last edited by Xan; 28-01-12 at 23:22.

the thought process is simply amazing

Quote Originally Posted by Xan
    Hi Bro Panerex, pls do not feel annoyed by him lah.
    This guy simply do not understand the meaning of absolute quantum and the convenience of staying near shopping/MRT. His forte is shouting people carrot head and he keeps himself entertained by his bird stories on the bomb shelter nonsense.

I do have doubts about the space for the 1 +1 suites initially until when the showflat for suites (560sqft) was done up and I find the space and layout quite efficient and liveable. The best part is, I am seeing what I'm buying.

Talking about projects, I buy CDL, MCL, evergreen before and now FEO. The first year I move into a CDL project. the aircon board spoil and when I ask for a replacement, CDL charge me $1200 for the board replacement. The frustrating thing is my condo aircon fails again after the replacement.

Well, diff people prefer diff forms of investment. Some buy property, some buy shares, some buy gold....So far property investment had served me well and I'm pretty comfortable in it. I prefer to invest something I'm familiar with. In actual fact, diff people has diff financial profile and financial management. To each his own lah.

Anyway, I passby WT showflat when cycling at waterway just now.
    As at 9.30pm, tower 7 suites almost fully sold (level 3 to 12 all sold).
    Left 2 units at 13th floor and very few units at 14th floor.
    By looking at this rate, they would probably remove the tower 7 board as all suites will be gone tomorrow.
    wow. suites sells really well.

Quote Originally Posted by pineapple
    wow. suites sells really well.
    ya lor, but someone still live in denial.

ya lor, but someone still live in denial.
    if i was a bachelor, i would consider the soho. but not the rest of the development.

hang on, maybe the 2 bedder 900+sqft as well, yes i would think about that.

Went to Watertown to have a look today. The showroom was PACKED with ppl, this project currently above 600 units sold.

The suite(570sf) and the soho (800sf) showflat seems rather spacious, with a good overall layout. But the 2br(900sf) and 3br(1173sf) feels rather crampy, with a small living area. There is also a sky patio (big balcony) showflat for viewing too.

I reckon this project to be selling very well even though the psf pricing seems rather high for punggol, even with MRT and mall at your doorstep. The early bird buyers should have gotten some good deals, as usual for all FEO projects.

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    if i was a bachelor, i would consider the soho. but not the rest of the development.
    I also went in SOHO showflat see see look look.
    My head and ceiling distance is less than 5cm.
    I wonder how I'm going to sleep at night.
    Anyway, diff people prefer differently.

2M for a 4 br facing lokang waterway is crazy...think people think !!!

I also went in SOHO showflat see see look look.
    My head and ceiling distance is less than 5cm.
    I wonder how I'm going to sleep at night.
    Anyway, diff people prefer differently.
    every morning you have to literally crawl out of bed. that's why i can only imagine myself doing that if i was a bachelor.

Quote Originally Posted by testtest

i think the loud chinese new year music interferes slightly with one's thinking. ha.

Quote Originally Posted by testtest

Yap. I was shocked by the price as well
    This project price in a weird way, large size, higher psf

like what one of the forummers here mentioned before, size is the new luxury.

Was there for the buffet dinner today; really packed with pple. Before I left, all the 2 BR condo all sold out Liao across all 3 available towers, except for 2 low floor units in tower 1.

Pple are still buying albiet at a slower pace now.

But seriously, if u look at the showroom, it is pretty impressive and living space is reasonable. Eg 915 sqft for a 2 BR WT condo is of similar size of a hdb new 4-room flat.
    Last edited by Panerex77; 29-01-12 at 00:15.

To be frank, if i can afford 2m, I will buy a landed plus top up a bit

Quote Originally Posted by GSLJ
    Went to Watertown to have a look today. The showroom was PACKED with ppl, this project currently above 600 units sold.

The suite(570sf) and the soho (800sf) showflat seems rather spacious, with a good overall layout. But the 2br(900sf) and 3br(1173sf) feels rather crampy, with a small living area. There is also a sky patio (big balcony) showflat for viewing too.

I reckon this project to be selling very well even though the psf pricing seems rather high for punggol, even with MRT and mall at your doorstep. The early bird buyers should have gotten some good deals, as usual for all FEO projects.
    Agree. I m totally convinced that to buy feo projects, it shd always be done on the 1st day.

i think the loud chinese new year music interferes slightly with one's thinking. ha.

They stop playin those cny music Liao

They stop playin those cny music Liao
    Oh that's good. I could barely hear myself when I was there.

Any updates on the units sold ?

Hit 650 already ?

To be frank, if i can afford 2m, I will buy a landed plus top up a bit

Totally agree.!

Oh that's good. I could barely hear myself when I was there.
    sounds like some pressure selling those timeshare event? peer pressure..

Viewed this project and really tempted and nearly get the cheque book until spouse reminded: either freehold or EC, others cannot buy. Anyway no more 1+1 deal at $950psf.

Quote Originally Posted by Montaigne
    Viewed this project and really tempted and nearly get the cheque book until spouse reminded: either freehold or EC, others cannot buy. Anyway no more 1+1 deal at $950psf.
    I feel freehold is only useful if u plan to flip it In future.
    It u intend to rent it out, freehold will have no positive impact on the rental quantum. In fact, rental yield will be lower due to the higher base purchase amt.

For those who got the 2 BR condo, have u decided which flooring to choose? Marble or granite?

Always c u hesitate... just go for EC if you are eligible. Cheap and good.

I feel freehold is only useful if u plan to flip it In future.
    It u intend to rent it out, freehold will have no positive impact on the rental quantum. In fact, rental yield will be lower due to the higher base purchase amt.
    Flipping is definitely one consideration. For ownstay and first property, I think better to get freehold. 2nd property onwards 99lh is ok. If cannot afford 2nd property, at least got fh, next time old liao sell and downgrade to studio with cash for simple retirement.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    Always c u hesitate... just go for EC if you are eligible. Cheap and good.
    Agree, but 2nd owner chances low getting desired units. Shall see how. So far this EC seems most worth getting. Housing is a big decision. Cannot chin chye, must hesitate

Agree, but 2nd owner chances low getting desired units. Shall see how. So far this EC seems most worth getting. Housing is a big decision. Cannot chin chye, must hesitate
    Can hoot EC still need to think so much? EC is sure make money one, as they are priced 20% less than pte condos. Imagine after another 5 years. ECs at good locations will get less and less with more launches.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    Can hoot EC still need to think so much? EC is sure make money one, as they are priced 20% less than pte condos. Imagine after another 5 years. ECs at good locations will get less and less with more launches.
    EC only can turn private ten years after getting keys. So by then already eaten up tenure by abt 13 good years. Unless u compare a 13 yo pc vs 13yo EC, it should profit more than the pc. However, if that pc is sold at 5th to 8th years, then profit will be higher than to hold the Ec to sell at the 13th year, perhaps even more than the 20% premium if I happen to sell in good times, so ended up not too much diff. Unless I intend to stay forever, if I want to leave flipping options open, EC might not be the best decision afterall.

EC no mistake lah... after 10 years become private le... stay like a PC at the cost of near DBSS.

Problem with lh, tenure does affect pricing, especially those older than 10yo.