Page 59 of 115 FirstFirst ... 293439444954555657585960616263646974798489 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,770 of 3440

Thread: Watertown : Punggol Waterfront Living

Quote Originally Posted by mygeemeel
    Act noble? I don't need to act noble. I play property with least amount of loan. So nobody dares challenge my investments.

There is only one chao ang mo critisize my English. Even when that happened, i got many hiah dee (brothers) to support me. Buy property still got to explain and argue very chee cham lei.
    who's that chao ang mo? Next time I help u.
    But frankly speaking, my ang mo C6. cant help u much as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Xan
    who's that chao ang mo? Next time I help u.
    But frankly speaking, my ang mo C6. cant help u much as well.
    Aiyah... its stalingrad lah... he is dispensing engrish lessons on the forum

Maybe those are businessmen. Cars bought under company name with company loan. If business goes bust, the HDB is protected from creditors. The cars can be repossessed but not the HDB.

Quote Originally Posted by howgozit
    Aiyah... its stalingrad lah... he is dispensing engrish lessons on the forum
    Ya, his england very powderful.
    But always see him very angry. Dunno why.
    He last time also talk down ATT wad.

Not to undermine HDB dwellers but anybody who owns both a Ferrari and a Porsche but stays in a 4rm need to have his head examined.

Quote Originally Posted by new2mondrian
    CNY went visiting.... And viola, there was a bright red Ferrari parked in the HDB carpark with a HDB season pass. Asked my relative. The Ferrari car owner stays in his block, in a 4-room flat, and also owned a Porsche Cayenne. Never undermine the hdb dwellers...

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    so u knew the policy risk and market risk are there, why would you still play 200k into a FEO new launch in Punggol ? FEO properties always have a reputation of pricing at a premium, is this not a deterrent at current atmosphere ? Just to be cautious, this 200k can just sit there and wait for other opportunities, no ?
    No, i didn't buy into FEO WT. But imho, sub $1k psf for WT looks reasonable to me, as there is hardly any new ppty so near to MRT (with shopping mall) that sells for $1kpsf. But of coz the selling prices went up to reported $1.5kpsf, then it is subject to personal opinion how high is high.

Every investments has risks, i know the stock market risks, but I still enter. Yes $200k can sit and wait for the next opportunities for either stock and ppty market to have a significant correction, but when will that happen needs a crystal ball. Stock market only corrected 15% and has now enjoyed a mini bull run.

Not to undermine HDB dwellers but anybody who owns both a Ferrari and a Porsche but stays in a 4rm need to have his head examined.
    I agree and also believe he would not own only the HDB flat.

WATERTOWN PUNGGOL CENTRAL Apartment 1 600,748 527 Strata 1,139psf Feb-12
    WATERTOWN PUNGGOL CENTRAL Apartment 1 641,868 570 Strata 1,125psf Feb-12
    WATERTOWN PUNGGOL CENTRAL Apartment 1 1,099,896 807 Strata 1,362psf Jan-12

cheap & good? You be the judge
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera

Yes very cheap very cheap. Good?? Hmm I guess subjective to different expectation.

The two bedder of 807sqft must be a facing and high floor unit. It is not really cheap at $1,362psf.

To give the gahmen the benefit of the doubt, I think they are trying to prevent citizens from over commiting. If after all these measures people still buy, then perhaps it is the true reflection of the market.

With the high LTVs, banks are still protected, so the financial problems in the form of the US housing crisis are more or less averted.

WT has did well perhaps due to the momentum of the pent-up demand since it is so close to the last CM. A better gauge would be 6mths to a year down. As it is resale is already indicating plateau and in some areas a reversion.
    Agree.
    Resale market indicating plateau/reversion is not totally unexpected considering the CM for SSD and HDB ruling that you cannot buy back a HDB when you own private. Hence, these govt measures only shifts the demand (more) into new projects. The prices for the new launches will be the benchmark if the market is indeed cooling.

Quote Originally Posted by Xan
    If like what you have said, how come resale seems flat while new sales keep going up? Why all chiong WT instead of compass height? You mean u are smarter than 992 WT buyers? Who is carrot we still dunno yet hor.

Do u understand the disadv of buying old condo during this period under the current CMs?
    Besides the age of the condo, people also wary abt huge cash exposure within a short time frame. This is buyers' sentiment and yet you know nothing abt it? Did you do your homework or read articles pertaining to buyers' sentiments? Or you just outright to condemn?

WT sells mainly the lower quantum units which will put the buyers in a better situation. They can either rent or self stay in near future, despite resale is flat, but quantum is low so can still cover thru rental if resale no gd. Rental why not possible? with amendities, cinema, mall, mrt and recreation. You got better excuses to differ these facts?

If u want to continue to act stupid and malicious thru names calling, I shall let you be. I shall rather hear from others who can offer a more constructive pt of view rather than your bird's talk.
    Yes yes u don't have to explain to me. U sound like u are justifying to urself. Ok ok u got a good deal. WT best buy. Yeah yeah

Quote Originally Posted by mygeemeel
    This thread seemed to be only between the same few people. I will put my opinion... buy what you like. Don't have to explain to anyone your decision. I never experience buying PC still got to explain to forum your choice.
    Welcome to the new vocal electorate

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    The two bedder of 807sqft must be a facing and high floor unit. It is not really cheap at $1,362psf.
    I hear of a friend who bot at $980psf for 2 bedder on vvip day. I guess FEO has increased the price significantly after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikeu
    I hear of a friend who bot at $980psf for 2 bedder on vvip day. I guess FEO has increased the price significantly after that.
    Should be lower floor either west facing or the block in between.

FEO played on the sentiment of the buyers by rapid price increments that created an urgency fueling the furious buying that followed.

No doubt WT is very attractive in many ways. If you were there on the first day but were undecided and came back a few days later only to find the price jacked up by 10%, you will most certainly feel some regret and commit readily for fear of it escalating another 10%.

Its not only price increase and reduced discounts. Also because they release low floor units first, once snapped up only more expensive higher floor units left. Buy or not buy up to u. I think the suites are a good buy. They were one of the lowest absolute priced private condo units in whole of punggol and sengkang. Too bad money not enough can only drink coffee eat muffin and ice cream haa haa...

Quote Originally Posted by minority
    Yes yes u don't have to explain to me. U sound like u are justifying to urself. Ok ok u got a good deal. WT best buy. Yeah yeah
    Same thoughts. Confident WT owners don't really have to dexify their purchase decisions to others.

He or she must be working for SLA or IT executive.

Correct me if i'm wrong but caveats lodged are usually Gross of discounts (i.e. before SD reimbursement, Furniture vouchers ETC.) Hence nett prices are much lesser than these right?

Quote Originally Posted by Arcachon
    He or she must be working for SLA or IT executive.

Haha yeah... But it was quite funny cos my child was very intrigued by the ferrari. As he stood staring at the car, the owner (a stout 40+ year old looking man) came by and drove the car away. As the car has a low base, it went really SLOWLY down the HDB multi-storey car park, esp at those areas where there was a ramp or a hump. My child looked at me and said - Mama, why is this car so loud but so slow? Really quite funny.

No lamborghini seen yet. If there's also a lambo, then must be the SLA exec! Lol...

Quote Originally Posted by price
    Correct me if i'm wrong but caveats lodged are usually Gross of discounts (i.e. before SD reimbursement, Furniture vouchers ETC.) Hence nett prices are much lesser than these right?
    Then pay more Stamp duty??

FEO is the BIG winner! I was thinking how on earth they are going to sell the units after the CM, but they did it. Their marketing director is a genius if you ask me.

Frankly to a lot of old timers, the pricing is not acceptable. I bot my first brand new PC (not EC) in 2005 - $400psf West side next to MRT, $530k quantum. The unit was not sold 6 months after TOP, I walked in, nego direct with the GM over $5k discount.

If this kind of scenario repeats, many will go bankrupt. So of course many pple will baulk at WT's pricing

The disparity is huge indeed... a bigger unit and also more than $200 psf above the 527sqft unit... hmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by new2mondrian
    Haha yeah... But it was quite funny cos my child was very intrigued by the ferrari. As he stood staring at the car, the owner (a stout 40+ year old looking man) came by and drove the car away. As the car has a low base, it went really SLOWLY down the HDB multi-storey car park, esp at those areas where there was a ramp or a hump. My child looked at me and said - Mama, why is this car so loud but so slow? Really quite funny.

No lamborghini seen yet. If there's also a lambo, then must be the SLA exec! Lol...
    Wait a rolls royces with HDB season parking disc... Lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Arcachon
    Then pay more Stamp duty??
    Yes, the SD is always calculated on caveats lodged. I suppose developers are doing this so that when they adjust the discounts, caveats still look pretty much at the same level.

Even with SD (3%) + FV (2-5%), it's still quite high psf coz caveat should be nett of the "bulk % discount" ie. after the 15-18% discount off list price?

Forumers here are mentioning $980-1080psf for the 1st batch of VVIP purchases? I'm

You are right, caveats according to the amount shown on the sales agreement i.e. after FEO discount but before SD, Furniture & referal discounts. To be realistic, after all these discounts, the net price will be around $1,080psf or less.
    Last edited by chanel; 14-02-12 at 15:48.

Quote Originally Posted by ulrich76
    FEO is the BIG winner! I was thinking how on earth they are going to sell the units after the CM, but they did it. Their marketing director is a genius if you ask me.

Frankly to a lot of old timers, the pricing is not acceptable. I bot my first brand new PC (not EC) in 2005 - $400psf West side next to MRT, $530k quantum. The unit was not sold 6 months after TOP, I walked in, nego direct with the GM over $5k discount.

If this kind of scenario repeats, many will go bankrupt. So of course many pple will baulk at WT's pricing
    Great buy. Hope that purchase was not the only ppty that you have. Because if it is, then you can't really enjoy the upside since you need a roof for your family.

The fundamentals have changed ever since the sub-prime crisis. The market is flushed with liquidity since the QE1 and QE2.

If the worst case happen (ie. ppty drops 50%), stock market will be even worse hit, and the impact of a stock market crash will be more severe as every tom dick and harry will get hit.

Quote Originally Posted by ozcraze
    Even with SD (3%) + FV (2-5%), it's still quite high psf coz caveat should be nett of the "bulk % discount" ie. after the 15-18% discount off list price?

Forumers here are mentioning $980-1080psf for the 1st batch of VVIP purchases? I'm

Again, i'm not sure if i'm right but i've heard of cases where caveats are lodged before bulk discount. i.e. 15-18% + 3 + 2. That was also the reason why many returned the option cause bank loan is on nett price.