Page 38 of 115 FirstFirst ... 81318232833343536373839404142434853586368 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 3440

Thread: Watertown : Punggol Waterfront Living

Quote Originally Posted by graveyard
    3.5K for studio at punggol??? serious???
    Alamak, u didn't catch his jokes? He's trying to be sarcastic lah.

Quote Originally Posted by Xan
    Alamak, u didn't catch his jokes? He's trying to be sarcastic lah.
    ohh paiseh. didnt follow the correspondence ..just this post. i nearly fell off my chair when i read that

Quote Originally Posted by toufu
    Well, the time taken from dhoby ghaut to Punggol is the same as to Yio Chu Kang, at approximately 22 mins.
    So Yio Chu Kang is also not ulu?? Yay!!!

I dun really fancy living at the outskirts with MRT as the only convenient means of transport. Cant stand a jam packed MRT too, especially if have to bear with it all the way to the end of my journey. Try taking the MRT from Boon Lay to Pasir Ris and u will know what I mean. Especially if you have to stand all the way too. It can only get worse when the towns are fully matured.

Prefer a nearer to central area where there are more accessible transport options. MRT is good, but I should not be left with it as my only means and choice of transport.
    Last edited by fclim; 05-02-12 at 23:36.

Quote Originally Posted by fclim
    I dun really fancy living at the outskirts with MRT as the only convenient means of transport. Cant stand a jam packed MRT too, especially if have to bear with it all the way to the end of my journey. Try taking the MRT from Boon Lay to Pasir Ris and u will know what I mean. It can only get worse when the towns are fully matured.

Prefer a nearer to central area where there are more accessible transport options. MRT is good, but I should not be left with it as my only means and choice of transport.
    Tampines is the station with crazy human traffic!

Hmm. serangoon? major bus interchange hub now and quite central, 5-6 stops to dhoby ghaut and few stops to payalebar for east bound and few stops to bishan for north west bound.

Hmm. serangoon? major bus interchange hub now and quite central, 5-6 stops to dhoby ghaut and few stops to payalebar for east bound and few stops to bishan for north west bound.
    I lived in Tampines before and even though I drive most of the time, it was always such a long journey home from anywhere except the Airport.

I lived in Tampines before and even though I drive most of the time, it was always such a long journey home from anywhere except the Airport.
    yeah, good only for ppl working in east. but the area is smokin hot. 3 malls surrounding the mrt + major bus interchange.

Your workplace JB or Singapore?

I dun really fancy living at the outskirts with MRT as the only convenient means of transport. Cant stand a jam packed MRT too, especially if have to bear with it all the way to the end of my journey. Try taking the MRT from Boon Lay to Pasir Ris and u will know what I mean. Especially if you have to stand all the way too. It can only get worse when the towns are fully matured.

Just thought that staying near MRT usually is not just for ourselves but for our family members who do not drive. Although both husbands and wives are driving, children still need to travel around so MRT often provides greater convenience than buses.

Another phenomenal station is Jurong East. Commuters overflow till on site officers advise people not to enter the station anymore coz it'll just push the people waiting on the platform to fall onto the tracks (when the barricades were not built yet).

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Just thought that staying near MRT usually is not just for ourselves but for our family members who do not drive. Although both husbands and wives are driving, children still need to travel around so MRT often provides greater convenience than buses.
    Yes. But, would you pay $400K more just to be next to MRT in a far out location?
    Last edited by fclim; 06-02-12 at 07:03.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenshinto80
    Your workplace JB or Singapore?
    I lived in Tampines, but worked in Tuas. Near enuf to Johor anot? Takes me 1 hr to travel if no jam and another half hour more with jams.
    I cannot choose my workplace, but I can certainly choose my home. Sure can choose to live in Jurong, but what if I change jobs and my workplace is in Changi?

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

MRT is no replacement for buses! See recent breakdown? Those near MRT but in far flung location got what to travel to work / school? Those in cities take buses Lor, so many buses to choose! Otherwise take taxi Lor, Easy to get one, distance is short so fare also cheap cheap!

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

If you are a businessman & need to go everywhere in Singapore how? Solution is to live in central of Singapore near entrance to be served by PIE, CTE, AYE Lor!
    I lived in Tampines, but worked in Tuas. Near enuf to Johor anot? Takes me 1 hr to travel if no jam and another half hour more with jams.
    I cannot choose my workplace, but I can certainly choose my home. Sure can choose to live in Jurong, but what if I change jobs and my workplace is in Changi?

the fact is that most mails have traffic jam issue when residents staying near are going to shop during weekend, eg JP, CWP, TM, NP etc...you could get stuck there in your car when going home during peak hrs. My 2 cents.

Market is always right if living in punggol is great , it will command high resale rice for hdb and pc alike, why luxurie cannot clear stocks like wt ha?
    Ride at your own risk !!!

You can check with residents near Nex (in serangoon) and Clementi Mall. Traffic jam is quite bad. Better to stay away from malls otherwise you will get stuck in jam if you want to leave and return home.
    Quote Originally Posted by testtest
    the fact is that most mails have traffic jam issue when residents staying near are going to shop during weekend, eg JP, CWP, TM, NP etc...you could get stuck there in your car when going home during peak hrs. My 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    You can check with residents near Nex (in serangoon) and Clementi Mall. Traffic jam is quite bad. Better to stay away from malls otherwise you will get stuck in jam if you want to leave and return home.
    they are widening the road along upper paya lebar. prob will ease traffic in nex area

You are absolutely right. You really have all the options: Cars, MRT, Buses and Taxi. Different mrt lines are just less than 2.5km away home if you are in the central region.
    Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    If you are a businessman & need to go everywhere in Singapore how? Solution is to live in central of Singapore near entrance to be served by PIE, CTE, AYE Lor!

they are widening the road along upper paya lebar. prob will ease traffic in nex area
    that's good but Nex carpark sucks leh

dont drive lo. just "nex" to serangoon mrt maaa

dont drive lo. just "nex" to serangoon mrt maaa
    Yeah, was considering those PC next to Nex previously

Are malls the only thing in our lives these days? Gosh, there are better things to do. Go fly a kite for example.

Are malls the only thing in our lives these days? Gosh, there are better things to do. Go fly a kite for example.
    This is a property forum

Quote Originally Posted by Rosy
    This is a property forum
    Was trying to make a point that property purchase decisions seem to rest heavily on malls nowadays. For some, that seems to be the ONLY consideration.

Yes. But, would you pay $400K more just to be next to MRT in a far out location?
    Nope... $400k is too much...

The carpark has improved tremendously lor... the final turn before the exit has been widened to allow larger turning radius (don't know how the original designers come out with that initial design? They don't drive or they're too careless). The new carpark which was recently opened eased traffic conditions a great deal. Things are definitely better compared to a year back...

I usually park at the coupon parking multi-storey carpark. Just 8 minutes walk to the mall. Faster than waiting in the traffic queue to the mall or even the nearby the ERP parking.

The carpark has improved tremendously lor... the final turn before the exit has been widened to allow larger turning radius (don't know how the original designers come out with that initial design? They don't drive or they're too careless). The new carpark which was recently opened eased traffic conditions a great deal. Things are definitely better compared to a year back...
    oh i didn't know that, been months since i last visited Nex. Thanks for the update

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    I usually park at the coupon parking multi-storey carpark. Just 8 minutes walk to the mall. Faster than waiting in the traffic queue to the mall or even the nearby the ERP parking.
    I first time tried to park at the coupon carpark and forgot (or is it tried to test the efficiency of our URA and HDB officers) to put coupon and my dinner that day was $50 more expensive. Never want to park in the HDB carpark again... Hahaha...