Page 108 of 115 FirstFirst ... 7883889398103104105106107108109110111112113 ... LastLast
Results 3,211 to 3,240 of 3440

Thread: Watertown : Punggol Waterfront Living

Quote Originally Posted by alfanutz View Post
    I actually missed out Yew Tee Residences under the 1st category of mixed development integrated with transport node.

Duo Residences and Marina One are good addition to the 1st category, a big miss by me.
    Hillion.
    And the up coming Holland V mix dev, another big one coming, how much u guess?

Quote Originally Posted by NO_7 View Post
    Hillion.
    And the up coming Holland V mix dev, another big one coming, how much u guess?
    Damn ! That's gonna be a big one !

Depends on how much the developer pay for that piece of land but as it is considered an iconic development with the government using a 2 envelope bidding system, my guess is it will be 1.8 - 2k psf ? I can only use The Ford @ Holland and Urban Edge @ Holland V as guideline.

Damn ! That's gonna be a big one !

Depends on how much the developer pay for that piece of land but as it is considered an iconic development with the government using a 2 envelope bidding system, my guess is it will be 1.8 - 2k psf ? I can only use The Ford @ Holland and Urban Edge @ Holland V as guideline.
    Guess is around 2k, can't be lower than JGateway price.

Quote Originally Posted by thomastansb View Post
    I think in terms of capital appreciation or rental, at 1.6kpsf is just suicidal.

1.6k psf x 1.2k sq ft = 1.9 to 2M. Every month, you pay the bank 6k? Add maintenance, taxes probably 7k? And interest rate going up but that is another story.

You pay 2M or 7k a month for a property that can rent out 3 to 3.5k? You must be nuts.

Like you said, capital gain is pretty much impossible which I fully agree. In fact, I think if you buy anything above 1.4k psf (2 bedroom and above), you will lucky not to lose money.
    Don't think 1200sqf if paid 1.6K will can rent lower than 6K.
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”
    ― Martin Luther King, Jr.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

https://www.facebook.com/shutdowntrs

Quote Originally Posted by Xan View Post
    If you recall, most units (850 over units) are sold during 2012 CNY period and the psf range from 9xx to 12xx psf.
    12xxpsf units are mainly the soho units.

The rest of the units (about 88 units) sold at a higher price range from 13xx to 15xx and probably less than 5 units at 1.6kpsf.
    This exclude furniture, stamp duty, Neighbourhood discount etc. Means that the actual psf is even lower compared to the caveat data.
    Facts are facts, cannot lie one.

The only sore loser who is also a big liar here is minority, I find that others' comment are pretty balance.
    Agree WT is not in the best location but if your entry price is below 1.2kpsf, it's a reasonable deal.
    I still have that screenshot of WT transacted price n sales graph back then.
    In 2011 Dec when govt annouced ABSD, the mkt looks to take a nose drive, WT kick start the ppty mkt in Jan 2012 with good respones from sales.
    From then on the ppty mkt was all the way till it took 7 CM, or 8?, to bring it down.
    Well, thats just my observation.

Actually the two recent subsale maybe just break even ? As if they bought in Jan 2012, i think they still have to pay SSD of 4% ? From the floor area of 1119 sqft, I assume these are 3 room condo units from tower 3 and if they bought with all the discounts, the lowest psf was $980 I think ?

There's no point comparing Coralis, Sunhaven etc to WT because they are not mixed development with transport node.
    it have to look at the whole area the condo is in. if not every condo will be different. coz even u compare WT with Bedok Residence there will be different that some say different value i.e number of tenant, Waterfront , close to East side , distance to town, distant to airport etc. so it will never be the same if that is the case even for mix development. Then wats the measurement ?
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

Such large units I guess primarily for own stay. Only a small handful achieved this kind of PSF.

Quote Originally Posted by minority View Post
    Don't think 1200sqf if paid 1.6K will can rent lower than 6K.
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Quote Originally Posted by samhsm View Post
    Not sure why Coralis , Sun Haven...etc. are mentioned here....the amenities are not at the door steps. There's no end to comparison...because of uniqueness of each of them such as the age, the facilities, conveniences of the amenities are quite different. Not sure why we are sharing WT and other projects with no similarity are being brought in for discuss. One Bro brought up North Park Residences which I think is the most closely comparison to WT. If you missed the boat, please do not be despair and put negative remarks on WT. Let the market forces decide how much the project will cost. Buying property is not going to be cheap in land scarce Singapore, buyer are very prudent in committing the purchase and believing that will profit it at the end of the day. Go buy North Park Residences in Yishun, the current psf is about $1350. When it TOP, it should be 10-20% higher and then again WT will try to match their psf.
    LOL then if that is the analogy then no project can be compared. There is nothing to compared at all. But the comparison should be base on rentability, the amenities not just in building but ard as a whole. so all this hype that WT so special etc. is BS. coz I echo your pt there are other project where there are more amenities that are at the door step ( might not be in the build ) but its basically near by. And as a investment that are the factors coz it affect rentability.

Miss the boat ? LOL I think there are better boats. why Would I even consider north park not worth the value. pay such premium just becoz its a integrated project. no pt.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

Quote Originally Posted by Xan View Post
    Wow, our minority suddenly became property guru overnight by posting chains of thesis advising pple which property to buy. Well done.
    Btw, do you know that recent transaction for coralis 1 bedders is around $900k? With that pathetic monthly $2400 rental (or less after minus off property tax, maintenance fee etc), the rental yield for coralis is below 3%.
    WT 1 bedders is around 5xxk to 6xxk and even if it was rented out at 1.8k per month, the rental yield is still much better than coralis. You still have the face to advise investor to go for coralis? Are u retarded?
    Coralis is good in location, near Katong 112 but it is no where near mrt. if go by your logic, then I can also say park east at Jalan Tua Kong (at Katong) also damn good wat. But did u know that one needs to walk at least 10 to 15 mins just to reach bus stop?
    Next, u embarrass yourself again by comparing Tanjong Ria, which is a 23 year old condo with a brand new condo.
    In this way, definitely all old condos are better wat. Especially those bought in 1980s. Have u thought of the condition of these old condo and the maintenance fee incurred?

By the way, if u r diligent enough, go to the ura caveat lodge and count how many WT units are selling betw 13xx to 15xx. It is 88 units. The rest (800 over units) are sold betw 9xx to 12xxpsf. (Not forgetting we have furniture and stamp duty rebate etc, the psf could be lower) Not sure why pple keep shouting WT selling at 16xxpsf where most probably only less than 5 units sold at that price.

While I agree with teddy saying that u r a big liar who twist and turn, I think u r just pure stupid and ignorant.
    Don't assume pple bought without doing any research. We did more homework than u.

Common don't cherry pick the 900k is in 2014. times have and correct situation have changed so much. asking price are also down. the property guru reflect the current sentiment thus asking price. and the guy asking rental at $2400 likely bought the place from developer with a much lower PSF.

So don't be ANAL.

What make u think the guy renting out the unit at 2400 bought at 900K psf coz the last resale was 900K . while you take the psf of WT buyer which is direct develop purchased price. HOW ANAL ARE YOU trying to fudge the facts to make WT look good? so u feel better on a crap buy?

Coralis no MRT? it have all the direct bus to town. 20min u will be on shenton door step. and MRT is going to be right infront of Coralis. Can you say the same for WT? I take bus at Coralis to Shenton way also faster if not same time as the person take MRT from WT!!! LOL. how delusion can u get!

yeah u agree with Teddy the liar coz apparently birds of same feather fly together. but anyway its ok your investment is crap but if it make u feel better to be delusional I guess its ok.

CORALIS JOO CHIAT ROAD Condominium 15 RCR Freehold Resale 1 2,000,000 - 1,281 Strata 16 to 20 1,561 Apr-15
    CORALIS JOO CHIAT ROAD Condominium 15 RCR Freehold Sub Sale 1 900,000 - 495 Strata 11 to 15 1,818 Mar-14

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

R
    Common don't cherry pick the 900k is in 2014. times have and correct situation have changed so much. asking price are also down. the property guru reflect the current sentiment thus asking price. and the guy asking rental at $2400 likely bought the place from developer with a much lower PSF.

So don't be ANAL.

What make u think the guy renting out the unit at 2400 bought at 900K psf coz the last resale was 900K . while you take the psf of WT buyer which is direct develop purchased price. HOW ANAL ARE YOU trying to fudge the facts to make WT look good? so u feel better on a crap buy?

Coralis no MRT? it have all the direct bus to town. 20min u will be on shenton door step. and MRT is going to be right infront of Coralis. Can you say the same for WT? I take bus at Coralis to Shenton way also faster if not same time as the person take MRT from WT!!! LOL. how delusion can u get!

yeah u agree with Teddy the liar coz apparently birds of same feather fly together. but anyway its ok your investment is crap but if it make u feel better to be delusional I guess its ok.

CORALIS JOO CHIAT ROAD Condominium 15 RCR Freehold Resale 1 2,000,000 - 1,281 Strata 16 to 20 1,561 Apr-15
    CORALIS JOO CHIAT ROAD Condominium 15 RCR Freehold Sub Sale 1 900,000 - 495 Strata 11 to 15 1,818 Mar-14
    Haha, now u finally slap yourself again by saying that the guy who bought coralis might be from developer sale and could be much lower so that he can rent out at $2400. How about quoting someone who bought in 1980s at 1980s' price and no matter wat, his rental yield will always hit 10% or above and will always be a winner?
    Probably that's the reason why loser like you would use Tanjong Ria, a 23 year old condo to compare with WT so that no matter wat, Tanjong Ria developer price (back in year 1993) will always be much more attractive than WT.
    so now you finally understand that you can't compare two condos of different era right?

See what I mean? U are the biggest loser here who brought up coralis and Tanjong Ria for comparison but can't accept its recent transact price, so u try to quote the past developer price for comparison. Anyway, Since 2013 to 2015, coralis 1 bedders have been hovering around 900k. Not sure who is the biggest liar here?

So now you know why the pple here are trying to educate you how to make sensible comparison.

LOL then if that is the analogy then no project can be compared. There is nothing to compared at all. But the comparison should be base on rentability, the amenities not just in building but ard as a whole. so all this hype that WT so special etc. is BS. coz I echo your pt there are other project where there are more amenities that are at the door step ( might not be in the build ) but its basically near by. And as a investment that are the factors coz it affect rentability.

Miss the boat ? LOL I think there are better boats. why Would I even consider north park not worth the value. pay such premium just becoz its a integrated project. no pt.
    Don't say I look down on you la, you are still living in the past and no matter what, everything to u at current is BS. Because u can only afford things in the past. Lol
    Even got better boats, do u hv the balls, guts and the finance to ride? I seriously doubt so. I see u more like grouchy keyboard warriors criticising the whole world.
    Last edited by Xan; 20-01-16 at 02:36.

Sorry Bro, no offence. There are contradictions from what you written. You seems to have no foresight of the potential of a project but focusing on the current. The potential of a project, meaning it's like a green fruit waiting to be ripen so as to harvest to make profit. If the purchase a fruit that it's already ripe , it may being waiting to rot unless you think there are rooms to ripe further or make into a by product... E.g enbloc. No point continuing this discussion.
    Last edited by samhsm; 20-01-16 at 07:14.

it have to look at the whole area the condo is in. if not every condo will be different. coz even u compare WT with Bedok Residence there will be different that some say different value i.e number of tenant, Waterfront , close to East side , distance to town, distant to airport etc. so it will never be the same if that is the case even for mix development. Then wats the measurement ?
    Here's how I do my comparison.

I will always look at what's available in the same area to do a comparison but if not possible, then you have to go out of the area and compare development with same attributes. In Punggol, there are a total of 13 condos (5 private and 8 executive). If we look at PC within Punggol, A Treasure Trove and Parc Centros has very similar attributes as they are both very close to MRT. So if I am buying a PC in Punggol, I will compare these two as they are the closest.

However for mixed development like Watertown, there's nothing within Punggol that you can compare with and in fact, mixed development integrated with transport node is quite rare in Singapore. Out of a total of 2300+ condos (including old apartments as well, counted from list provide by URA website), you only find a handful of them which a few of us has listed down. Within an area, you won't find two mixed development integrated with transport node as I doubt you can build two condo ontop or directly linked to MRT (could be government policy, not sure) ? We may have a fair comparison in time to come, as there might be another mixed development coming up on the open space beside Punggol MRT as according to the latest 2014 masterplan, that area is zoned "commercial & residential".

If I really have to compare Watertown within Punggol area, then A Treasure Trove and Parc Centros will be the closest as both are also PC and near transport node. Latest caveat for ATT ranges from $1018 - $1149 psf. The lowest psf of $1018 is actually direct sales from developer, the rest being resale. For Parc Centros, there's been only one subsale back in Aug 2014 for $1111 psf. Paying a $100 psf premium over these two condo for Watertown is reasonable so we will arrive at $12xx psf for WT.

If you were to compare WT with Yew Tee Residence or Compass Height, it will be acceptable. But you compare it with Sunhaven and Coralis and these just isn't in the same category. I think the problem is that you are looking at it purely from a Price and ROI perspective. If I am a investor, I will agree with your approach. To you, WT is nothing special and doesn't deserve the hype or the psf it commands, but to others that bought it (esp for own stay), they like it and find it special.

Many of us here agree that anyone paying high psf for WT hoping to make a quick buck or expecting good rental yield will most likely be disappointed. In this respect, I think you can agree as well ?

I fully agree with you

Depends on the buyers also one la. Not everyone can afford Coralis. The same can be said for Coralis owners also. Pay 1.8 psf, might as well buy Shenton way at 2.2k psf. Then we can say to those Shenton way owners, pay 2.2k psf, might as well pay 2.5k for D9. Never ending one.

WT was never marketed as a near city project anyway. So I think most of the buyers know what they are getting into. Of course, excluding those who buy > 1.5k psf. You are getting into shit. lol. Just being frank here.

I will always look at what's available in the same area to do a comparison but if not possible, then you have to go out of the area and compare development with same attributes. In Punggol, there are a total of 13 condos (5 private and 8 executive). If we look at PC within Punggol, A Treasure Trove and Parc Centros has very similar attributes as they are both very close to MRT. So if I am buying a PC in Punggol, I will compare these two as they are the closest.

However for mixed development like Watertown, there's nothing within Punggol that you can compare with and in fact, mixed development integrated with transport node is quite rare in Singapore. Out of a total of 2300+ condos (including old apartments as well, counted from list provide by URA website), you only find a handful of them which a few of us has listed down. Within an area, you won't find two mixed development integrated with transport node as I doubt you can build two condo ontop or directly linked to MRT (could be government policy, not sure) ? We may have a fair comparison in time to come, as there might be another mixed development coming up on the open space beside Punggol MRT as according to the latest 2014 masterplan, that area is zoned "commercial & residential".

If I really have to compare Watertown within Punggol area, then A Treasure Trove and Parc Centros will be the closest as both are also PC and near transport node. Latest caveat for ATT ranges from $1018 - $1149 psf. The lowest psf of $1018 is actually direct sales from developer, the rest being resale. For Parc Centros, there's been only one subsale back in Aug 2014 for $1111 psf. Paying a $100 psf premium over these two condo for Watertown is reasonable so we will arrive at $12xx psf for WT.

If you were to compare WT with Yew Tee Residence or Compass Height, it will be acceptable. But you compare it with Sunhaven and Coralis and these just isn't in the same category. I think the problem is that you are looking at it purely from a Price and ROI perspective. If I am a investor, I will agree with your approach. To you, WT is nothing special and doesn't deserve the hype or the psf it commands, but to others that bought it (esp for own stay), they like it and find it special.

Many of us here agree that anyone paying high psf for WT hoping to make a quick buck or expecting good rental yield will most likely be disappointed. In this respect, I think you can agree as well ?

I fully agree with you

Depends on the buyers also one la. Not everyone can afford Coralis. The same can be said for Coralis owners also. Pay 1.8 psf, might as well buy Shenton way at 2.2k psf. Then we can say to those Shenton way owners, pay 2.2k psf, might as well pay 2.5k for D9. Never ending one.

WT was never marketed as a near city project anyway. So I think most of the buyers know what they are getting into. Of course, excluding those who buy > 1.5k psf. You are getting into shit. lol. Just being frank here.
    Ha ha, you know what they say about heroes thinking alike right ?

Yes, buying WT is buying into a lifestyle. I was attracted to the fact that it is connected to the waterway (though many say it is glorified longkang, but I find it very nice) and it has amenities. I like the fact that the units facing the waterway will have unobstructed view as it is facing a green lung area and likely to be so for a long time.

Proximity to the city has never been a priority for me as my office isn't in the city anyway and nowadays, the city area mainly for foreigners and expats.

Actually I am not a investor. Thank you for the constructive comments. I do Stay in the north eastern region for almost 18 years and I witnessed the transformation of Sengkang & Punggol by the Government. As it is inconvenience place as many would have think. Hence the New HDB here is affortable. Of course, when it was on the resale market, the seller still make profit but of course it is still lower than the overall HDB housing market. I do agree that Punggol is not well received by many Singaporean as it is deemed to be far , ulu, no or less amenities...etc. and with the slow down in economy currently the transacted psf for WT is above $1200. That's to me is quite good already.But what if all these negativism of Punggol is removed in future as of similar town in the past like Bishan, AMK...etc. Will there room to grow? Nobody knows. But what I know , there alway new thing year after years in the north east. Since Punggol transformation is not complete yet, what will be the ending or will there be a ending? ... I don't know. But what I know , it has a long way to grow . For example , another MRT station is yet to be built. As for rental, it very reasonable to compare to ATT, if I am a tenant, which one I chose to rent ? If WT rental is equivalent to ATT, the ATT rental will be affected and lower. That's my opinion.

Haha. If you buy 1.2k psf and you expect 1.2k psf kind of location, finishings etc, then I think you will be fine. You will be happier in life also. But if you want to pay 1.2k psf and expect Coralis, then you will forever be unhappy. Never ending. Even if you managed to buy Coralis, you will start to think Orchard is better. Then it will make your life so miserable. If everyone has the money, who don't want to stay in Orchard right? Maybe a small handful don't want but most of us want. But Orchard has a price. So, to each his own. But doesn't mean you go in blindly. I saw a few below 1k psf. I think those are really solid buys.

Bottom line IMO:-

Below 1k psf - Superb deal
    1 to 1.1k psf - Good deal
    1.1k to 1.3k psf - Not too cheap but not too ex either
    1.3 to 1.4 psf - You must really like that place
    1.4 to 1.6k psf - Take care
    > 1.6k psf - Next time, buy with your eyes open. Take it as a lesson learnt. lol.

Ha ha, you know what they say about heroes thinking alike right ?

Yes, buying WT is buying into a lifestyle. I was attracted to the fact that it is connected to the waterway (though many say it is glorified longkang, but I find it very nice) and it has amenities. I like the fact that the units facing the waterway will have unobstructed view as it is facing a green lung area and likely to be so for a long time.

Proximity to the city has never been a priority for me as my office isn't in the city anyway and nowadays, the city area mainly for foreigners and expats.

> 1.6k psf - Next time, buy with your eyes open. Take it as a lesson learnt. lol.
    I really like this classification you have come up with ! Very good !

Actually I am not a investor. Thank you for the constructive comments. I do Stay in the north eastern region for almost 18 years and I witnessed the transformation of Sengkang & Punggol by the Government. As it is inconvenience place as many would have think. Hence the New HDB here is affortable. Of course, when it was on the resale market, the seller still make profit but of course it is still lower than the overall HDB housing market. I do agree that Punggol is not well received by many Singaporean as it is deemed to be far , ulu, no or less amenities...etc. and with the slow down in economy currently the transacted psf for WT is above $1200. That's to me is quite good already.But what if all these negativism of Punggol is removed in future as of similar town in the past like Bishan, AMK...etc. Will there room to grow? Nobody knows. But what I know , there alway new thing year after years in the north east. Since Punggol transformation is not complete yet, what will be the ending or will there be a ending? ... I don't know. But what I know , it has a long way to grow . For example , another MRT station is yet to be built. As for rental, it very reasonable to compare to ATT, if I am a tenant, which one I chose to rent ? If WT rental is equivalent to ATT, the ATT rental will be affected and lower. That's my opinion.
    Punggol had a slow start but if there's anything I have learnt, it is that our government can always make an area desirable if they want to.

From the last few years, we can see government putting in alot of money and resources to transform Punggol. I reckon by 2020, the whole area will be very different with the sports centre, town hub, SIT campus and a few of the new neighbourhood centre up and running.

The upcoming amenities are great but won't make a place vibrant and desirable. The game changer to me is the SIT campus and business park.

I don't think there's any place in Singapore that has a university campus integrated with business park and both within residential area ?

Very nice illustration, which i agree.
    Would be curious to know what is Minority classification like?

Below 1k psf - ??
    1 to 1.1k psf - ??
    1.1k to 1.3k psf - ??
    1.3 to 1.4 psf - ??
    1.4 to 1.6k psf - ??
    > 1.6k psf - ??

Haha. If you buy 1.2k psf and you expect 1.2k psf kind of location, finishings etc, then I think you will be fine. You will be happier in life also. But if you want to pay 1.2k psf and expect Coralis, then you will forever be unhappy. Never ending. Even if you managed to buy Coralis, you will start to think Orchard is better. Then it will make your life so miserable. If everyone has the money, who don't want to stay in Orchard right? Maybe a small handful don't want but most of us want. But Orchard has a price. So, to each his own. But doesn't mean you go in blindly. I saw a few below 1k psf. I think those are really solid buys.

Minority is ok one. Maybe a bit too extreme in airing his view but ok one.

Actually, property is all about pricing. Even the worst location, the worst condo, sell you 200 psf, you want or not? Take lah. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikeu View Post
    Very nice illustration, which i agree.
    Would be curious to know what is Minority classification like?

Below 1k psf - ??
    1 to 1.1k psf - ??
    1.1k to 1.3k psf - ??
    1.3 to 1.4 psf - ??
    1.4 to 1.6k psf - ??
    > 1.6k psf - ??

Sorry Bro, no offence. There are contradictions from what you written. You seems to have no foresight of the potential of a project but focusing on the current. The potential of a project, meaning it's like a green fruit waiting to be ripen so as to harvest to make profit. If the purchase a fruit that it's already ripe , it may being waiting to rot unless you think there are rooms to ripe further or make into a by product... E.g enbloc. No point continuing this discussion.
    LOL if not focus on now then wats the future? Now is a represent of the future. If like ur argument then the whole singapore are potential ? Coz Whole Singapore sure have future! and sure will RIPE just have to wait. maybe 10 ,20,30,40,50,100 yrs. Sure ripe one. the better areas will be even more RIPE?

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

Here another one for u. Pacif Mansion. 1,178 psf FH!! right in town . 10min walk to Orchard road. all the malls you can get . MRT everything also have. can eat original ya koon everyday.

How is that bang for bucks?

14 SEP 2015 32 RIVER VALLEY CLOSE #XX-XX 1,528 1,178

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

hmm actually in the NE or in that area there are other place that is like water town Compass height so WT is not unique in that area if you ask me. unique PSF.. perhaps that I will agree.

To me amenities are ard the property it don't have to be right under the property. having a limited amount of amenities right under a property and saying that special and the other properties who have way more amenities surrounding it at comparable PSF are lesser frankly don't make sense. I rather be the fish in a big pond with limitless possibility than just a big fish in a small pond. if u get what I am saying.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

TOP in 1976? Older than u? 4th ownership transfer liao.
    Yes, all of us should have bought that unit in 2007 when it was at $566psf.

Address: 32,RIVER VALLEY CLOSE,#19-32ContractDate Amount UnitPrice AreaSqm PSF Sale Type Tenure
    14-Sep-2015 $1,800,000 12676 142 1178 Resale Freehold
    1-Mar-2007 $865,000 6092 142 566 Resale Freehold
    1-Mar-2001 $865,000 6092 142 566 Resale APT - Freehold
    28-Jul-1997 $936,000 6592 142 612 Resale Freehold

Here another one for u. Pacif Mansion. 1,178 psf FH!! right in town . 10min walk to Orchard road. all the malls you can get . MRT everything also have. can eat original ya koon everyday.

hmm actually in the NE or in that area there are other place that is like water town Compass height so WT is not unique in that area if you ask me. unique PSF.. perhaps that I will agree.
    I never said Watertown is unique and in fact I compared Watertown to Compass Heights and Yew Tee Residences. These two are mixed development integrated with transport node which are transacting at lower price than Watertown.

My argument is that you shouldn't compare WT with Sunhaven or Coralis but you pretty much agree with me as you used Compass Heights as comparison.

Ya... But then again, most people want new things. So not really a good comparison. One haven't gotten keys. One is older than me. lol. 40 years old liao, friend.

USP about Watertown is less walking for the entire family with amenities at the door step, no car no worries.
    From kids to old folks, from outdoor to indoor.
    Walk from MRT is just under 5min, whether is hot day afternoon or heavy rain after work, no worry unless MRT breakdown.
    MRT back home from town can be boring, but NE Line does serves many malls including those in CL, CNY is coming and Chinatown shopping is so convenient from station to station, no need to walk so far like NEL to circle line.
    Many complaint in FB that WWP don't have Popular book store, MOS burger, BK, LJS or whatever, to me is just train down to the next station or the next next station to get what I need, no sweat no umbrella, just a EZ link card, a CC and some cash.
    Cycling lover like me will go for a ride in a cooling night along the waterway after dinner, now my place is far from the park connector so it a long way for me to get there.
    10min drive to Ikea is another plus point, that's my favourite place in my spare time, free parking somemore.
    It may be far from town, MRT is there and it's quite fast, with less walking distance and no inter transfer like taking LRT, it's actually does helps a lot for old folk like me.
    Buyer like me have no complaint, this fish has no more bone to pick liao.

I never said Watertown is unique and in fact I compared Watertown to Compass Heights and Yew Tee Residences. These two are mixed development integrated with transport node which are transacting at lower price than Watertown.

My argument is that you shouldn't compare WT with Sunhaven or Coralis but you pretty much agree with me as you used Compass Heights as comparison.
    I compare property but I dont classify them if they are integrated or not. what matters is the amenities inside or outside and the locations. Look at it as a whole.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

Relax la.

Some like sea view. Some like MRT. Some hate MRT (6th ave). Some like quietness and so they buy Sentosa. 3k psf also they pay. All these individual preference one leh.

As I said, if you like convenience, don't mind travelling, don't mind staying at a ulu place, have limited budget, then WT seems ok at REASONABLE price. To each his own. I think the amenities are fine since the mall is below. Location not that great but the MRT below bridge that distance vs time. You stay Coralis, go Plaza Sing also take 20 - 30 mins right? You stay WT, maybe 30-35? I don't know. Just guessing here. I know MRT more predictable travelling time. So going to city is not really that much of a difference. Even you stay in a ulu part of Orchard, take a feeder bus out, already 20 mins including waiting time if you are lucky. Not say Orchard no good. If I drive a car, don't mind older condo, then of course I buy 1.1k psf. But Orchard condo so big, even at 1.2k psf, most people are out of reach. The example you quoted, even at 1178psf, quantum is 1.8M ! I don't think many people can cough out 23% of 1.8M and still continue to pay 5k a month to the bank.

I compare property but I dont classify them if they are integrated or not. what matters is the amenities inside or outside and the locations. Look at it as a whole.