Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61116171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Parc Rosewood Fragrance Land

nope purchased the unit as vacant.. thus just too bad. and i just realized that condo do not have a floorplan with measurement??? during first viewing (soon after that i placed a deposit) i din notice how small the room is... until today when i went with the ID to take measurements (as well as inspection of unit) then he said the room better to put super single... if queen then will be squeezy (when i already bought queen size mattress!) as a first timer... i think all these are a learning journey.... thereafter i have to learn living alone

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

When was the TOP of the condo?
    Termites is the worst, so better treat termites and all pests first before you start your renovation...
    If you want to save money, you can get direct contractor but you have to do all designing on your own.
    If you think your time is more precious, then obviously getting an experienced ID will help to off-load all the time-consuming work on the renovation.
    If your property is reaching 10 years old, then it is advisable to redo the water-proofing membrance in kitchen and bathrooms and then retile again.

Quote Originally Posted by leafe View Post
    nope purchased the unit as vacant.. thus just too bad. and i just realized that condo do not have a floorplan with measurement??? during first viewing (soon after that i placed a deposit) i din notice how small the room is... until today when i went with the ID to take measurements (as well as inspection of unit) then he said the room better to put super single... if queen then will be squeezy (when i already bought queen size mattress!) as a first timer... i think all these are a learning journey.... thereafter i have to learn living alone

There are many good threads around here and we also respond to questions very much although it's all gotta be read in your own contexts. Is better to read through then buy.

It appears that most of us think the situation can be salvaged though. There are several experts here who own or live in old apartments. In my impression, sometimes repainting and polishing of tiles already creates a great feeling.

But do deal with pests first as Teddy recommends.

I don't think a single needs such a large bed...

Another thing I recommend. Check through and confirm everything first then action from now on. It appears that you action first then think backwards. That mentality is kind of dangerous.

The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni View Post
    There are many good threads around here and we also respond to questions very much although it's all gotta be read in your own contexts. Is better to read through then buy.

It appears that most of us think the situation can be salvaged though. There are several experts here who own or live in old apartments. In my impression, sometimes repainting and polishing of tiles already creates a great feeling.

But do deal with pests first as Teddy recommends.

I don't think a single needs such a large bed...

Another thing I recommend. Check through and confirm everything first then action from now on. It appears that you action first then think backwards. That mentality is kind of dangerous.
    Ya... previously was too rush into things (till yesterday, the agent still got the cheek to say that faster take key and reno, so can move in asap!). i told my ID to help me source for pest control, chemical wash etc and I AM NOT IN A HURRY TO MOVE IN (purposely said in front of the agent), so do it nicely. from now i will just monitor and go in a steady phase so as to ensure that i can do it properly.

Queen size is because since young, i have been sleeping queen size.. i tried sleeping single, but i fell off several times.. understand it's a habit. but will have to stick to queen..

and the weird thing is the condo was TOP in 2014, but the conditions is kinda bad for occupying less than 2years. Just few days ago, i went to look for the curtains in causeway point, the uncle asked me why i bought the unit there as he installed a few units, all the owner complaint about the moist conditions of the place. the uncle said that the land is a "wet" land, thus the buildings is not that good. haiz. nothing i can do also..

Did you bought the unit #02-xx or #03-xx? I almost bought one of the unit here...

hi all, need some advice over here. i had recently purchase a resale condo unit (was tenanted out since TOP in 2014, taking over as vacant) and has exercise OTP. But had an inspection today (after tenant moved out) and I had a shock of my life. There is mould on the ceiling, termites on the parquet flooring (in bedroom), booklices (? which i think it is, as it is small insects exists in those old books), built in cabinets spoil, wall crack, marble floor scratches... owner's agent told me that the tenant only will repaint (as per i stated in the OTP as the walls are full of stains and children's vandalism) and he told me that once i have exercise the OTP, i will have to acceptance the condition of the unit as it is. there are also insects and ants all over... what can i do?
    Anyway you bought resale meaning when u sign you are already satisfied with the conditions and you are going to do renovations anyway might as well do an overhaul, I also bought a resale(not here) very good price...condition not very good similar as yours...got a contractor to renovate and also rectify the defects but simple one

Quote Originally Posted by xtreme_46 View Post
    Did you bought the unit #02-xx or #03-xx? I almost bought one of the unit here...
    Yes! I shouldnt rush into it as there quite a few unit selling off...

first time buying... not too sure the contract when i gave deposit (after 1 viewing), should have went for 2nd viewing and press down the price (though the agent said i bought the unit below valuation and it's the cheapest around the blk).. just for 1 bedroom, i think reno (mostly built in cabinets) + pest control + major clean up will more than 15k

first time buying... not too sure the contract when i gave deposit (after 1 viewing), should have went for 2nd viewing and press down the price (though the agent said i bought the unit below valuation and it's the cheapest around the blk).. just for 1 bedroom, i think reno (mostly built in cabinets) + pest control + major clean up will more than 15k
    reno should be about 15k to 20k...mine I only do the toilet and build 2 walls close to 10k already...

Yes! I shouldnt rush into it as there quite a few unit selling off...
    oh I think I know which unit you bought cos I also viewed that unit...but lucky got better deal after that so end up buying else where...

On the bright side...the unit is in singapore. If you bought overseas there is no mercy for beginner mistake.

oh I think I know which unit you bought cos I also viewed that unit...but lucky got better deal after that so end up buying else where...
    woodlands also? i dont see else where having the same or less pricing, care to share where is your unit?

reno should be about 15k to 20k...mine I only do the toilet and build 2 walls close to 10k already...
    same, initial quote is 10k also, but now due to the conditions of the unit, will need to spend more already

woodlands also? i dont see else where having the same or less pricing, care to share where is your unit?
    D14 near to MRT and can rent out one bedroom...anyway parc rosewood ok lah...at least very quiet and got many pool(total 10) with full condo facilities...the swimming pool and pool side quite nice

D14 near to MRT and can rent out one bedroom...anyway parc rosewood ok lah...at least very quiet and got many pool(total 10) with full condo facilities...the swimming pool and pool side quite nice
    wah from district 25 to district 14.. that's far! thanks for comforting me.. need to be positive thinking (but i think most of the occupiers are renting the unit... )

I see... Still a few things you can do.

If situated near grasslands usually will be wet. After all the grasslands built up it will get better.

The other things you can do.

Make sure the frame for the queen size bed has storage areas below.

Buy a dehumidifier to suck up excess moisture.

Ask the painter to add in antimold or anti mildew solution into the paint before painting.

Hope these help!

Ya... previously was too rush into things (till yesterday, the agent still got the cheek to say that faster take key and reno, so can move in asap!). i told my ID to help me source for pest control, chemical wash etc and I AM NOT IN A HURRY TO MOVE IN (purposely said in front of the agent), so do it nicely. from now i will just monitor and go in a steady phase so as to ensure that i can do it properly.

Queen size is because since young, i have been sleeping queen size.. i tried sleeping single, but i fell off several times.. understand it's a habit. but will have to stick to queen..

and the weird thing is the condo was TOP in 2014, but the conditions is kinda bad for occupying less than 2years. Just few days ago, i went to look for the curtains in causeway point, the uncle asked me why i bought the unit there as he installed a few units, all the owner complaint about the moist conditions of the place. the uncle said that the land is a "wet" land, thus the buildings is not that good. haiz. nothing i can do also..

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

I see... Still a few things you can do.

If situated near grasslands usually will be wet. After all the grasslands built up it will get better.

The other things you can do.

Make sure the frame for the queen size bed has storage areas below.

Buy a dehumidifier to suck up excess moisture.

Ask the painter to add in antimold or anti mildew solution into the paint before painting.

Hope these help!
    i am doing a platform for the bedroom but after seeing the termites on the parquet flooring, not sure if i should go ahead or not. thinking of getting the dehumidifier, but i read up that if too dry, the parquet might crack up... so not sure what to do now...

ya, i will request those antimold painting... and maybe primer?

It won't be too dry if the area is wet. The moment open windows the moisture will come in.

The problem is if on the dehumifier every day, it can cost quite an amount of electricity.

At night use aircon should help. Monitor first.

If still grow mold, then on dehumidifier for a few hours everyday after you close windows. Some dehumidifiers will auto off after their containers are full.

Antimold powder can be bought from Homefix or other DIY shops. Its meant to mix into paint.

i am doing a platform for the bedroom but after seeing the termites on the parquet flooring, not sure if i should go ahead or not. thinking of getting the dehumidifier, but i read up that if too dry, the parquet might crack up... so not sure what to do now...

ya, i will request those antimold painting... and maybe primer?

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

It won't be too dry if the area is wet. The moment open windows the moisture will come in.

The problem is if on the dehumifier every day, it can cost quite an amount of electricity.

At night use aircon should help. Monitor first.

If still grow mold, then on dehumidifier for a few hours everyday after you close windows. Some dehumidifiers will auto off after their containers are full.

Antimold powder can be bought from Homefix or other DIY shops. Its meant to mix into paint.
    the antimold powder is new to me!! i will tell my ID thanks!

eh... btw anyone here actually staying or reno 1-bedded condo unit before? trying to get some ideas for space optimizing!

eh... btw anyone here actually staying or reno 1-bedded condo unit before? trying to get some ideas for space optimizing!
    Been there done that. Just do a basic reno. Furnitures are not going to last, but your debt level will. Since this is your 1st property the excitement is still there. Don't let emotion get over your head.

Quote Originally Posted by indomie View Post
    Been there done that. Just do a basic reno. Furnitures are not going to last, but your debt level will. Since this is your 1st property the excitement is still there. Don't let emotion get over your head.
    ya, i think i need to do up a priority list of what is need vs what is want... dont want to overdo the reno (as i really dont know how long will i be staying)

So far, for those living in this condo, any feedbacks? i'm actually looking for a 1 bedder,buying alone and the price for parc rosewood fits my budget. please share with me any feedbacks you have, thank you.

this project just broke the below 500k mark:

PARC ROSEWOOD ROSEWOOD DRIVE Condominium 25 OCR 99 yrs lease commencing from 2011 Resale 1 488,000 - 431 Strata 01 to 05 1,133 Jun-17

Quote Originally Posted by HOMegirl View Post
    So far, for those living in this condo, any feedbacks? i'm actually looking for a 1 bedder,buying alone and the price for parc rosewood fits my budget. please share with me any feedbacks you have, thank you.
    Just Do It, unless you have a lot of 10 years to go.

will the price drop further for the 1 bedder MM unit in Parc rosewood

basically the entire development are made up of mostly 1 bedder very hard to sell and rental also not very good in this project

1 transaction does not a whole development make. Maybe there was some urgency for this particular owner to sell?

Anyway, the PSF price is still above 1100, which is still decent for the locality but maybe low for this development. 488K is just 12K lower than the 500K recorded in February. Not a huge savings as compared to the taxes. More important is if you can derive value here.

One year one waits, one year the property ages, and one year of rental collection / enjoyment gone, just to balance the view a little. Best of luck!

will the price drop further for the 1 bedder MM unit in Parc rosewood

basically the entire development are made up of mostly 1 bedder very hard to sell and rental also not very good in this project

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Before you know it, Game Over.

Default Aiming at Parc rosewood

Quote Originally Posted by Arcachon View Post
    Before you know it, Game Over.
    First time buyer here, been aiming at property in rosewood area. Contemplating between a 1 bedroom or 2 bedroom unit in parc rosewood. Prices have been quite stable for this Property but I hope it will drop further tho.

Recent transaction of $488k for a 1 bedroom is a unit facing the expressway. Another latest transaction sold for $540k, well the unit is fully renovated and move in ready.

Still playing the waiting game and sourcing out parc rosewood units.

What do u all suggest? A one bedroom or 2 bedroom for my own stay.

First time buyer here, been aiming at property in rosewood area. Contemplating between a 1 bedroom or 2 bedroom unit in parc rosewood. Prices have been quite stable for this Property but I hope it will drop further tho.

Recent transaction of $488k for a 1 bedroom is a unit facing the expressway. Another latest transaction sold for $540k, well the unit is fully renovated and move in ready.

Still playing the waiting game and sourcing out parc rosewood units.

What do u all suggest? A one bedroom or 2 bedroom for my own stay. Pros n Cons of this property?