Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 510151617181920

Thread: Palm Isles@Flora Drive - By Frasers (LH99)

Unhappy Pls TOP soon

Passed by today and the signage is finally up!!

According to the security guard, should TOP this week, but judging from the many plants still outside the premises by the pavement, doesn't seem to be happening...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by cks0523 View Post
    Hi guys... Exciting with our new home.. Is there anyone planning to group buy door lock, invisible grill,etc?
    Hi..I'm keen for the door lock group purchase but I think we'll all need to have a look at the actual unit and decide later on the model that suits the individual household. are you organising any viewing of the products first?

Quote Originally Posted by lovemegumi View Post
    Passed by today and the signage is finally up!!

According to the security guard, should TOP this week, but judging from the many plants still outside the premises by the pavement, doesn't seem to be happening...
    I'm keeping a look out at my letter box for the TOP letter!!

Hi all, u all may want to join PI Facebook where there are photos and discussion on bulk buying. ��

http://allthingscozyandhomely.blogsp...revisited.html

Have shared this defect checklist post which I find useful in other threads.

Btw..think got dengue cases in the area..do take precautions esp for the young n the elderly.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuki View Post
    http://allthingscozyandhomely.blogsp...revisited.html

Have shared this defect checklist post which I find useful in other threads.

Btw..think got dengue cases in the area..do take precautions esp for the young n the elderly.

This is pretty useful too:

http://www.renonation.sg/blog/228/No...help-you-.html

Thanks for the useful links, guys!

Quote Originally Posted by lbb View Post
    Thanks for the useful links, guys!
    somemore here:
    Reno costs
    http://www.homeanddecor.com.sg/blogs...osts-singapore

Hidden costs
    http://diva79.blogspot.sg/2011/03/hi...on-quotes.html

Pls post some photos when you guys got the keys!

Default Palm Isles TOP obtained on 26 May 2015

Palm Isles TOP obtained on 26 May 2015

Hi, where did you get this information from?

email from Frasers Centerpoint Homes.

TOP-lo! Pop Champagne.

See you all soon! (:

Default Pedestrian Overhead bridge over TPE

See you all soon! (:
    Do you think can write to request LTA to build a pedestrian overhead bridge across TPE to Tampines side? Easy for shopping and other amenities.

Quote Originally Posted by kcng View Post
    Do you think can write to request LTA to build a pedestrian overhead bridge across TPE to Tampines side? Easy for shopping and other amenities.
    Guess you can write in and propose the idea. But we don't have a back gate right now and I'm not too sure how viable it will be to install one.

Definitely agree with you on the convenience though!

Guess you can write in and propose the idea. But we don't have a back gate right now and I'm not too sure how viable it will be to install one.

Definitely agree with you on the convenience though!
    ** hello Palmers,
    I am from J block so find the noise from expressway quite beyond my tolerance level if I don't have ac on.
    Any chance LTA will erect suitable noise reduction structure along expressway ?

Are you happy with the workmanship ?
    I have quite a long list for Fraser to rectify esp the skirting boards.
    Wondered if any I bedder owners find the mobile chest of drawers in the built in wardrobe useful or tasteful?
    Disappointed with lack of built in partitions.

The niceness of PI are the amenities and greenery. Of course we can only improve upon what we have now.
    Hoped all ye owners will have an enjoyable time in PI and may we greet fellow Palmers with a smile n hi...
    Cheers, and pls share your views. I loved to have some feedback.
    Thank you, happy days..

Hi sml212 which floor are you on? I am at tower J too but have not collected my keys. Kind of worried too. I am already looking at installing sound proof window and hope it will make a difference. I think we should write to LTA or even get mgt to write in to LTA to put up some noise blocker or something similar to reduce the noise. I wonder how ferraria residents can take it esp when their unit faces the expressway directly.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen View Post
    Hi sml212 which floor are you on? I am at tower J too but have not collected my keys. Kind of worried too. I am already looking at installing sound proof window and hope it will make a difference. I think we should write to LTA or even get mgt to write in to LTA to put up some noise blocker or something similar to reduce the noise. I wonder how ferraria residents can take it esp when their unit faces the expressway directly.
    Hi Queen,
    Am on level 3 ..I m all for some noise barrier structure be built tastefully ...( if u been to Melb there have all along their freeway. And none of their res buildings are so close to expressway )
    Only hope LTA or our management can do something . Surely there's a min std for noise level tolerance 24-7.
    You need to close all windows n doors to keep out noise.. So pay more for ac consumption. Don't change glass panels till you stay overnight .(Been there only day time.)
    I collected keys Tuesday.
    If u r not in hurry it's fine.
    I had 1st round meeting wth Frasers tech person n their contractor for defects check n rectification will take abt 2 weeks .no start date given yet. There's a queue.
    Good luck to you ..may u have min defects.

Quote Originally Posted by SML212 View Post
    Hi Queen,
    Am on level 3 ..I m all for some noise barrier structure be built tastefully ...( if u been to Melb there have all along their freeway. And none of their res buildings are so close to expressway )
    Only hope LTA or our management can do something . Surely there's a min std for noise level tolerance 24-7.
    You need to close all windows n doors to keep out noise.. So pay more for ac consumption. Don't change glass panels till you stay overnight .(Been there only day time.)
    I collected keys Tuesday.
    If u r not in hurry it's fine.
    I had 1st round meeting wth Frasers tech person n their contractor for defects check n rectification will take abt 2 weeks .no start date given yet. There's a queue.
    Good luck to you ..may u have min defects.
    I am on 5th floor and nearer to TPE. Rather sensitive to noise so I will definitely install soundproof windows. And hopefully we can ask mgt office to write to LTA to install the noise barrier which they currently do so for mrt that are near to hdb. I really hope I have very minimal defects. Those owners in the Facebook some have really bad defects and some are lucky to only have minor defects.

Default First Impressions

We don't have our key yet and as we're leaving to go on holiday soon, we won't be able to get in till mid July, but we did arrange for a walk round this afternoon.

It's not (quite) as crowded as I feared, and the appearance/features seem very much as in the plan/model. We're in block 32 and when you're on the pool side the noise from the TPE is not particularly noticeable (maybe the fountain sounds help!) but once you round the block and head up the steps towards the lap pool, the traffic's apparent. But there was a wonderful breeze flowing down between the two facing blocks, which made it very pleasant to walk around.

I like the airwells that flood the car park basement with light. I think some of the furniture features (such as the chairs by the fish pond in the photo) may prove to be hotly sought after. There's a lot of greenery - it just needs time and regular attention to grow and fill the spaces (see the blank retaining wall with a few creepers - let's compare it 12 months from now!) - though I hope the palm trees don't grow too tall/thick to vlock the light/views from my winmdow/balconies!

I envy those people who are already moving in and wish everyone a happy and not-too-stressful setting up home!

Quote Originally Posted by SML212 View Post
    ** hello Palmers,
    I am from J block so find the noise from expressway quite beyond my tolerance level if I don't have ac on.
    Any chance LTA will erect suitable noise reduction structure along expressway ?

Are you happy with the workmanship ?
    I have quite a long list for Fraser to rectify esp the skirting boards.
    Wondered if any I bedder owners find the mobile chest of drawers in the built in wardrobe useful or tasteful?
    Disappointed with lack of built in partitions.

The niceness of PI are the amenities and greenery. Of course we can only improve upon what we have now.
    Hoped all ye owners will have an enjoyable time in PI and may we greet fellow Palmers with a smile n hi...
    Cheers, and pls share your views. I loved to have some feedback.
    Thank you, happy days..
    My neighbour and I got our keys on the same day last Monday. Very nice folks. I guess the defects are all different. His was huge scratches on the kitchen counter. Mine is the fridge making a strange buzzing sound. One bedders folks take note: the lighting points behind the front door and at the open kitchen are in the way of the built-in cabinet doors. The respective cabinet doors may not be able to open fully if you fix a light there. A slight design flaw. You can ask your contractor to move the points, but not much room to maneuver.

Thankfully, I do not have much defects. Either that or I am not very observant. LOL.

Yes, the landscaping is very nice. Much better than expected. I can also hear the traffic noise even on the first floor, which is shielded by the retaining walls. I am sure it will be noisier at higher floors. For me, my stress point is the constant need to remember to bring my house keys and the access card whenever I am out of my unit. I appreciate the security but it is not so convenient for me as I am doing a one man show set up.

Like what rogerstoryteller said, let's not give ourselves too much stress. We should be happy that we got a new home now, and we will all settle in nicely, in due course.

Best of luck to everybody!

Quote Originally Posted by MarioYeung View Post
    My neighbour and I got our keys on the same day last Monday. Very nice folks. I guess the defects are all different. His was huge scratches on the kitchen counter. Mine is the fridge making a strange buzzing sound. One bedders folks take note: the lighting points behind the front door and at the open kitchen are in the way of the built-in cabinet doors. The respective cabinet doors may not be able to open fully if you fix a light there. A slight design flaw. You can ask your contractor to move the points, but not much room to maneuver.

Thankfully, I do not have much defects. Either that or I am not very observant. LOL.

Yes, the landscaping is very nice. Much better than expected. I can also hear the traffic noise even on the first floor, which is shielded by the retaining walls. I am sure it will be noisier at higher floors. For me, my stress point is the constant need to remember to bring my house keys and the access card whenever I am out of my unit. I appreciate the security but it is not so convenient for me as I am doing a one man show set up.

Like what rogerstoryteller said, let's not give ourselves too much stress. We should be happy that we got a new home now, and we will all settle in nicely, in due course.

Best of luck to everybody!
    Thank you ,Mario, for sharing n your v positive outlook.
    So you will be a 'permanent' Palm res soon since not much rectification required.
    I try not to look too closely next inspection rd n thus reduce stress as per your v wise words.
    Look fwd to bumping into you soon,
    Cheers 🍀

has anyone taken the keys for the 4 rooms unit yet?

We will get our 4-room keys on 20th. Counting the days!

Quote Originally Posted by rogerstoryteller View Post
    We will get our 4-room keys on 20th. Counting the days!
    Nice ... Still waiting for the letter from developer..😔

Default Inside a 4-room unit

Collected our keys today - Fraser seem very well prepared with a mass of documents/manuals/warranties all neatly presented in sequence in a folder. Warranties commence 1st Sept for electricals etc. electricity for today was provided foc, so we had the benefit of air-con while we were inspecting the apt and arguing over who was getting which bedroom etc!

I didn't carry my wife over the threshold (need to avoid unnecessary doctor's bills for a strained back, in order to pay for the lights and curtains!) but we were certainly excited, pleased (and relieved!) with what we found when we entered.

I think most 4 room units face away from the sun - no afternoon sun at all, and only a litle in the morning.

Only one major disappointment - there's a sheet of glass running the entire length of the wall/counter dividing the kitchen and living area (about 12' in all). A length of 8' would still effectively screen the kitchen, prevent splash back behind the sink and yet open up the counter to be used as a breakfast bar or for easy passing of food/plates from the kitchen to the dining area. Tried to upload a photo for you but can't seem to do so.

While I'm sure detailed examination will reveal some flaws, overall first impression was good. Door stoppers would be handy at the main and back kitchen door, as there's already damage to the wall from the door handles. Those of us on the second floor have to live with seeing an ugly square piece of concrete outside our living room window, which is the roof of the ground floor patio I preume. Someone (a contractor i hope) has discarded their cigarette packet on to it from above.

Quote Originally Posted by rogerstoryteller View Post
    Collected our keys today - Fraser seem very well prepared with a mass of documents/manuals/warranties all neatly presented in sequence in a folder. Warranties commence 1st Sept for electricals etc. electricity for today was provided foc, so we had the benefit of air-con while we were inspecting the apt and arguing over who was getting which bedroom etc!

I didn't carry my wife over the threshold (need to avoid unnecessary doctor's bills for a strained back, in order to pay for the lights and curtains!) but we were certainly excited, pleased (and relieved!) with what we found when we entered.

I think most 4 room units face away from the sun - no afternoon sun at all, and only a litle in the morning.

Only one major disappointment - there's a sheet of glass running the entire length of the wall/counter dividing the kitchen and living area (about 12' in all). A length of 8' would still effectively screen the kitchen, prevent splash back behind the sink and yet open up the counter to be used as a breakfast bar or for easy passing of food/plates from the kitchen to the dining area. Tried to upload a photo for you but can't seem to do so.

While I'm sure detailed examination will reveal some flaws, overall first impression was good. Door stoppers would be handy at the main and back kitchen door, as there's already damage to the wall from the door handles. Those of us on the second floor have to live with seeing an ugly square piece of concrete outside our living room window, which is the roof of the ground floor patio I preume. Someone (a contractor i hope) has discarded their cigarette packet on to it from above.
    Thanks for the update ... Nice
    Hope to see some of your photos ..

Be careful when SP turns on your water and electricity. Our washing machine started filling of its own accord! It wasn't even connected electrically - we had to call the (very helpful) on-site supervisor to summon an electrician to do that. A valve was faulty or had been left open. Anyway, my wife only realised something was amiss after checking the bathroom taps/toilet flushes were operational - one of the taps was in open mode, and the basin plug down - luckily she got to it before that one overflowed!) By this time, the washing machine tub was virtually full and, in a scene reminiscent of Titanic, she opened the porthole and a huge flood of water gushed out, drenching her and flooding our kitchen!

Note also that the dryer, by default, is not screwed onto your washing machine and so presumably will vibrate intensely when activated. (apparently some people like it that way!) If you want it attached (the clamp is there) call your block supervisor!

Revising my earlier comments about faults - on close inspection, it's clear that the varnishing leaves much to be desired, as does the standard of tiling - look at the grouting between tiles, and also running your hand over the bathroom wall tiles reveals how unevenly they are attached to the wall.