Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Thread: Palm Isles@Flora Drive - By Frasers (LH99)

garden homes lots of open terrace and comes wif 2 pte car lots.....all those r free to developers as its not counted towards gfa. The worse is developer dun provide internal flr space....prolly can only crunch the numbers in the s&p

The lower garden home feels like living underground like that. I still prefer traditional landed style of "garden homes" rather than split into upper and lower units.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    The lower garden home feels like living underground like that. I still prefer traditional landed style of "garden homes" rather than split into upper and lower units.

so far all the cluster house or townhse within condo comes wif basement...park at basement and enter the hse....some may not like it....

For this, upper level feels like a traditional landed home actually

And yes, the lower unit CMI.....cud be very dark and poor ventilation....high chance developer will lelong in future....lol

went down palm isle just now in mid afternoon... the turn out is fairly huge...the showroom is bustling...better than i expected...heck it even has valet parking service .... free icecream(thanks to F&N lol) too... asked for a quote on 06-73 (807k)its about 707k nett...those with pool views cost about 10% more...same layout same floor..its too much of a premium for a view imo... they will be providing free shuttle service to expo once TOP....finishings and applicances are quite standard nothing to shout about.. a total of about 6 garden homes are sold liao...each garden home comes with an option of jacuzzi...a bit disappointed with palm isle's 3bedroom selection..it basically onli has 990sqf 3bedroom "compact" nia.. and the pricing is not cheap too...

I went to ripple bay showflat too...overall ripple bay is selling slightly cheaper than palm isle..ripple bay has more types of units available.. (1bd,2bd,3bdr,PH etc)..location aside..i think palm isle has better 2bedroom layout than ripple bay..but pricing wise ripple bay is probably slightly more attractive than palm isle....

It will be good if HL can build a mall at the empty land where hedges park showflat is. It is right in the middle of the A to I condos.

fully agree. with hillier and the rest as examples, as uninspiring and conservative as hong loeng's marketing strategy is, even they should be able to see the obvious benefits. have a mall integrated with residential, n u can charge so much higher for your units. n there will be willing tenants given such a large pool of residents in the flora area.

in fact developers can apply to ura to change land use, at least from residential to residential-cum-commercial, can they not?

went to show flat to have a look. agent said about 250 units released, and almost 200 units sold. so not bad sales at all. the best deals seem to be the 3 bedroom compact units. for the size of 990 sq ft (92 sq m) the cheapest 2nd floor, pool facing, north-south orientation unit was sold for 750k only (#02-07). however that's only for vvip preview price, and it's like 10m away from the substation (and bin centre?) if you don't mind. it's sold anyway. currently the cheapest 990 sq ft unit is unit 32 (dunno which floor) at around 800k only.

strangely, for the Suites blocks (towers i, j and k), the 2 bedders are more steeply priced. for instance, unit 63 (807sq ft) will cost you upwards of 750k. strangely also, their flooring is porcelain tiles as opposed to marble for the Condo blocks. Go Figure.

note: stamp duty is absorbed.

distance between the Suites blocks is 21-22m, whereas the Condo blocks its 40m. but note that Condo blocks are arranged in courtyard formation, so will feel much more hemmed in.

agent told me it's a 15min walk to the mrt. i almost giggled. it's 1.5km to walk to tampines east mrt. unless you like to do competitive fast walk and trains for it by braving traffic and traffic lights, maybe it's not such a good idea. liddat even hedges park 100m away can also walk to mrt liao.

that said, flora area is a pleasant enclave of low-rise condos that has its charms lar. drivers will appreciate the fact that tpe and pie are literally a stone's throw away, and road widening and bypass constructions leading to them will be completed by Sept this year to ease morning/evening congestion. but non-drivers will lament walking out to main road for public buses and taxis.

popular question: v.s. ripple bay? prices comparable (depending on specific units and size), finishing slightly better, immediate location ripple bay obviously better. if u drive, it's only like 5min from flora area to pasir ris park. so whether walk 5 min to the park (ripple bay) or drive 5 min to the park, maybe drivers don't really care. that's why sales is quite good? i dunno.

showrooms for both condos equally crowded today.

hope this helps.

What is the sales like for Palm Isles now? are all units launch yet?

Quote Originally Posted by latour
    What is the sales like for Palm Isles now? are all units launch yet?
    All units are always available as long u got a ready cheque for any projects

Just got a mailer. They having labour day event Tuesday 1st may 2-5pm.
    15% + 3% + 2% labour day + stamp duty rebate + 1% Loyalty

Hrmmm...

Just got a mailer. They having labour day event Tuesday 1st may 2-5pm.
    15% + 3% + 2% labour day + stamp duty rebate + 1% Loyalty

Hrmmm...
    Got free buffet not? Wakakaka

i got a 3 BR ground floor today..only $743 PSF...go where find such prices...

Quote Originally Posted by carbuncle
    Got free buffet not? Wakakaka
    Got high-tea

Quote Originally Posted by andy_1703
    Congrats!

Congratulations!!! Looks like a good buy.

thanks! like the others indicated, will be nice if we have some kind of shopping mall or supermarket like bedok corner! Any future neighbours around?

Agree - very value for money. how many sqf?

Looks not bad. Congrats!
    But I think must move the stove away because it is facing the door.

Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

Quote Originally Posted by graveyard
    Agree - very value for money. how many sqf?
    mine's 1141 sqft.

Quote Originally Posted by ecimbew
    Looks not bad. Congrats!
    But I think must move the stove away because it is facing the door.

thanks! my layout is CC1P. not the usual square shaped living and dining room.

thanks! like the others indicated, will be nice if we have some kind of shopping mall or supermarket like bedok corner! Any future neighbours around?
    me, me

But mine is a 2 bedder suite. Bought it for investment rather than own stay. Have been staying since young in the west. So, not likely to shift to east.

Beside, my present home is less than 2 mins walk from Hillview station, DTL2.

My husband like Palm Isles. But it is far from MRT. we have 2 teenager kids so proximity to MRT is very important to us.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkpolkadot
    My husband like Palm Isles. But it is far from MRT. we have 2 teenager kids so proximity to MRT is very important to us.
    Don't worry shuttle service will be provided at regular interval from condo to expo station. And if you walk a bit to flora road, there is a shuttle bus to tampines met station. But this you will have to pay

Quote Originally Posted by neost
    ...if you walk a bit to flora road, there is a shuttle bus to tampines met station. But this you will have to pay
    Actually the shuttle comes to Flora Drive up to Ferraria too and I am sure when Hedges/PI are up, the shuttle will go another stop.

There are also some talk about another bus service when Flora Drive is connected to Changi Road. Dont worry too much about transport, at most walk a bit and I do want to point this out. Walking along Flora Road/Drive is quite safe compared to some other private estates because you have guardhouses at intervals and the roads are relatively well lit.

Any latest update on the sales figure?

Quote Originally Posted by neost
    Any latest update on the sales figure?
    bro..which bank did you take your loan with? floating or board rate?

bro..which bank did you take your loan with? floating or board rate?
    Ocbc, floating

Total sales is 282 as of 9th May ... Based on Fraser's earnings report released recently

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    garden homes lots of open terrace and comes wif 2 pte car lots.....all those r free to developers as its not counted towards gfa. The worse is developer dun provide internal flr space....prolly can only crunch the numbers in the s&p
    Was there this morning and was looking at the garden homes. The lower unit will really have lighting problem. They don't seem to tell u more of any intended light well or any source of light!
    besides, the rooms will be really small. it is very difficult for them to squeeze out much for the rooms (inclusive of 3toilets and balcony) with almost less then 900sqft for level 2 where all the rooms are. This is just my guess and personal view...

Lastly, I think this area is very competitive for rental or even when u want to sell. The only selling pt is maybe they are nearer to airport ??

Quote Originally Posted by lajia
    Was there this morning and was looking at the garden homes. The lower unit will really have lighting problem. They don't seem to tell u more of any intended light well or any source of light!
    besides, the rooms will be really small. it is very difficult for them to squeeze out much for the rooms (inclusive of 3toilets and balcony) with almost less then 900sqft for level 2 where all the rooms are. This is just my guess and personal view...

Lastly, I think this area is very competitive for rental or even when u want to sell. The only selling pt is maybe they are nearer to airport ??
    Based on this morning news from URA on its stands on "landed properties" in a condo project, I believe garden home is going to be a sell out soon. The reason being URA is not going to approve any more such housing types.

Quote Originally Posted by lajia

I am just wandering Ripple Bay or Palm Isle, which one better ?