Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Guillemard Edge, Lor 30 Geylang, 275 units

The room is rentable but what would be the state of thier living room and master room?

I'd imagine that stuff will be EVERYWHERE becasue there is just not enought space for storage if they don't make use of the 2nd room...

where to put ironing board? luggagues?
    No space in the room for a dressing table or anything else.

how to squeeze 2 adult's cloths into a barely 100cm width wardrobe? ( relative to the size of queen size bed.)

not forgetting things like extra beddings , books, CDS, DVDs, . So many things!

its not easy to live with another person no matter how stong the LOVE is... already so many things need to be compromised and worked on in a marriage....

I really don't understand why couples want to take the risk to squeeze into such a small space which will confirm gurantee chop generate a lot of problems....

Quote Originally Posted by Piglet
    The room is rentable but what would be the state of thier living room and master room?

I'd imagine that stuff will be EVERYWHERE becasue there is just not enought space for storage if they don't make use of the 2nd room...

how to squeeze 2 adult's cloths into a barely 100cm width wardrobe? ( relative to the size of queen size bed.)

its not easy to live with another person no matter how stong the LOVE is... already so many things need to be compromised and worked on in a marriage....

I really don't understand why couples want to take the risk to squeeze into such a small space which will confirm gurantee chop generate a lot of problems....
    mOST Probably they wear disposables... and most things are disposables.. hehe..

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    Oooo din noe can get 40yrs loan.....isit norm for all banks to offer 40?
    Yup. 40yrs loan is very common.
    Now they assumed you can work till 70yrs old??
    I got 40yrs loan coz my wife is 30yrs old.

Maybe that explains why prices are holding steady too and people are lapping it up.. our loan just got stretch to 40yrs and installment becomes a little easier.. but of coz.. interest+principal will be more than that of the 30yrs loan.

But now must take loan.... They print money.. we must print money too..

Look at the master rm size.....how to walk?!?

The home office more like dining area....lol

The Home Office Is Really a joke.
    WTF is a home office in that area??

the dining area does not even make sense.

I really feel Developers these days got no ethics.
    Squeeze everything into such a small space , use fancy terms and built deceiving showflates. giving ignorant buyers the illusion that they can live happily in such a space..

And what is happening to toilets with windows?? cannot find any now in new developments! so disappointing...

The only toilet in the house is right next to the Master bedroom. Although tenant can enter from other door, imagine the awkwardness when after you make babies doggedly enter bathroom to shower and bump into tenant going to take a leak. Or worse, tenant hears the moans and groans while using the toilet... But hey. Guess this is Geylang afterall so tenant should be quite worldly wise and have seen many things and wont be embarrassed by such situations... Scarly worse, ask if can join you guys. Lol

Squeeze everything into such a small space , use fancy terms and built deceiving showflates. giving ignorant buyers the illusion that they can live happily in such a space..

And what is happening to toilets with windows?? cannot find any now in new developments! so disappointing...
    Well this is typical Macly style. I suggest potential buyers check out their Suites 123 layout (also with Horne Office) since they already TOP ready for viewing.

Look at the master rm size.....how to walk?!?

The home office more like dining area....lol

Anyway their 409sqft 1bdr bestest layout actually..

Btw the balcony small till useless.....only gd for dry laundry and smoking....lol

Anyway the room still rentable la....600pm shd hf takers
    Bro. You supposed to rolllll across your bed to access the balcony... Else sofa bed would make perfect sense here.

Extend the toilet past the Horne Office area. Wa la now you get ventilation from the single pane window...

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    Extend the toilet past the Horne Office area. Wa la now you get ventilation from the single pane window...
    That is actually a very good idea, except probably difficult for furnitures and fat people to pass through since the new wall will be obstructing the walk way from kitchen to living room.

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    The only toilet in the house is right next to the Master bedroom. Although tenant can enter from other door, imagine the awkwardness when after you make babies doggedly enter bathroom to shower and bump into tenant going to take a leak. Or worse, tenant hears the moans and groans while using the toilet... But hey. Guess this is Geylang afterall so tenant should be quite worldly wise and have seen many things and wont be embarrassed by such situations... Scarly worse, ask if can join you guys. Lol
    Don't need to worry so much. with a couple staying in, the room is
    IMPOSSIBLE TO rent.
    NOBODY WILL RENT.

I can bet my last dollar on it.

Small rooms or dwellings set the mind in the right path; large ones cause it to go astray.
    - Leonardo da Vinci

MM has its own market, Suites @ Owen at owen rd by Macly is one of the condos with the highest rental psf/mth when it TOP previously

Quote Originally Posted by GE Purchaser
    I bought a 2 bedroom + Home office at level 3, size abt 560sqf, prize$658000 = $1175psf. i bought on 18th of Feb (1 week past from VVIP preview)

i finally chose this project because:

1. freehold. (absolutely first reason)

2. cheaper price in centre area, my budget for 2 bedroom is below $700,000

3. near to Dakota MRT (i calulated the time from walking (slow walk) Dakota MRT to GE just only 12 mins.

4.have busstop nearby, and have direct bus (No70) only 10-20mins to my work place (Fuji Xerox building in Anson Road)

5. layout is good (Square shape,symmetrical room,坐南朝北,nice feng shui)

6. heard from agent this project is the biggest condo in Geylang area. others are mostly apartment no full facilities, but GE have no tennis court which make me feel bit shame but singapore sport hub is close can go there play play

In brochure TOP will be in 2017 but staff say will be in 2nd quarter 2015. hope can get the keys at soonest as why i buy 2 bedroom is i want to rent out 1 room and own stay another room. loan is approved very fast (within 4 days), 40 years . my lawyer told me another her clients bought GE (400+sqf,guess 1bedroom) also got loan very smoothly, by the way, the loan is from DBS.

I think you are better off using the other room as storage, no point sacrificing your privacy given the small space just to earn some extra cash to offset your loan. I hope you are not stretching your finances but I guess you will have a better idea whether you would wanna rent once the unit TOP

Having only 1 toilet will b e sore point between couples n tenant. No kid? Kidding right?

I expect e red light district problem to get worse bcoz of pop increase, n more foreign workers n unmarried guys getting older who need instant campanions.

Why are you so anal about other's purchase? They are probably a foreign couple who can't buy anything else subsidised by the Government. Whether or not it generates problem what does it got to do with you? Why so sure? You sound super unhappy with everyone's purchase. Go get a life. Every development has its market. Not everyone can afford comfortable spacious living. Most just make do with what their $ brings

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    Having only 1 toilet will b e sore point between couples n tenant. No kid? Kidding right?
    Yes, it will not work with 1 toilet if you intend to rent out the room.

Inconvenient for both the tenant and yourself.

i tink use mattress to slp better.....if not tough to clean the room

tight budget mah and yet want 2bdr.....how many decent size 2bdr below 700k these days?

i tink shd be quite ok for a couple.....got HS lor.....can store barang barang

some other MM dun hf any store room.....

Precisely, with less than 700k, and he did mention his ideal property has to be freehold, I think this is the best option for him.

Quote Originally Posted by price
    Why are you so anal about other's purchase? They are probably a foreign couple who can't buy anything else subsidised by the Government. Whether or not it generates problem what does it got to do with you? Why so sure? You sound super unhappy with everyone's purchase. Go get a life. Every development has its market. Not everyone can afford comfortable spacious living. Most just make do with what their $ brings
    HAr??
    Hey Bro what's your problem?

I sound super unhappy with everyone's purchase?
    I think this is the first time I comment on someone's purchases leh.

Don't anyhow accuse people hor.

Yes I feel very strongly about this particular purchase and the buyer's intention to rent out the room. That's why I said what I said to get my pont accross.

Whether people agree or not its up to them. This is a forum to express opinions what.

Not everyone can afford spacious and comfortable living?? The price they paid for can certainly buy a bigger place in some other less central area.

yes end of the day, its thier decision and when I am commenting on a bad decision.IMHO which i clearly state on my first post.

Go get a life??
    WHy does my feedback on this matter annoy you so much until u want to criticise me like that??

Who needs to go get a life??

I hope my feedback can help this new home buyer think more clearly about her dwellng plans, and realise that her plan to rent out the room may not work, so maybe some financial decisions may have to be relooked into.

I am being constructive and not giving mindless bashing like what you are doing now... to me.

Last edited by Piglet; 05-03-12 at 12:02. Reason: typo errors and additional points

HAr??
    Hey Bro what's your problem?

I sound super unhappy with everyone's purchase?
    I think this is the first time I comment on someone's purchases leh.

Don't anyhow accuse people hor.

Yes I feel very strongly about this particular purchase and the buyer's intention to rent out the room. That's why I said what I said to get my pont accross.

Whether people agree or not its up to them. This is a forum to express opinions what.

Not everyone can afford spacious and comfortable living?? The price they paid for can certainly buy a bigger place in some other less central area.

yes end of the day, its thier decision and when I am commenting on a bad decision.IMHO which i clearly state on my first post.

Go get a life??
    WHy does my feedback on this matter annoy you so much until u want to criticise me like that??

Who needs to go get a life??

I hope my feedback can help this new home buyer think more clearly about her dwellng plans, and realise that her plan to rent out the room may not work, so maybe some financial decisions may have to be relooked into.

I am being constructive and not giving mindless bashing like what you are doing now... to me.

Right sorry bro, was a bit too harsh

Mind sharing which 2 bedders FH OCR is around 650k? thanks!

Actually, I do think that it is a bit inconvenience and lack of privacy to share the house with a totally stranger. Of course, there are people who can easily adapt to it but for me, I don't think I can. There is only 1 toilet and some more it is inside the master bedroom. What happen if in the middle of the night, the tenant wants to use the toilet?

IMHO, I should say that for a couple without children yet, there shouldn't have much things, so storage shouldn't be a big problem unless you have tons and tons of shoes, bags, clothing, books etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ecimbew
    560 sqft
    2 br + home office (??)

I'm a bit lost, what is the home office for, is it another room or just an extra space next to the living & bedroom? Can entered the toilet from outside or not or have to enter thru' master bedroom?

I think the swimming pool toilet can be an alternative in case of an "emergency" ..

Quote Originally Posted by irisng
    I'm a bit lost, what is the home office for, is it another room or just an extra space next to the living & bedroom? Can entered the toilet from outside or not or have to enter thru' master bedroom?
    May be the living hall can be converted to another room and home office area as living hall.
    So at the end, 2 rooms + HO become 3 rooms MM.

Renting out 3 rooms MM can fetch higher rental yield...

Quote Originally Posted by price
    Right sorry bro, was a bit too harsh

Mind sharing which 2 bedders FH OCR is around 650k? thanks!
    Indeed, it is near impossible to find a 2 bedder for around 650k in current market.

I mentioned that at the price they paid for, they can get Bigger place.
    So , instead of a 2 bedder in a 560sq ft apartment, where the rooms are so small that makes living in it uncomfortable, why not go for a , say, 650 sq ft 1 bedder?

In this particular example, the buyer wants to Live-in AND rent out the 2nd room, which makes it a very bad idea IMO becasue the space is smply too small for that to work out. the 2nd bedroom will not be ale to serve its intended purpose at all.

So, if end of the day its just going to be a 2 of them, its not necessary to buy a 2 bedder already.
    A quick searh in property guru will show a some potentail resale units within that budget.
    ( of course location not so good la, so living space more imporant, or location more important? its buyer's choice la)

IF, they die die want to buy a 2 bedroom beasue they want to rent out one room, then too bad for them that they cannot afford a decent size one at curent market.
    Perhaps, such buyers should consider using the 3 years it takes for the project to TOP, to save more money to buy a more decent sized 2 bedder in the resale market in future....

[quote=Piglet]Indeed, it is near impossible to find a 2 bedder for around 650k in current market.

So, if end of the day its just going to be a 2 of them, its not necessary to buy a 2 bedder already.

, if they intend not to rent it out, the extra bedroom can use it as a guest room, study room or to get ready for the "little one" to join them.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    I expect e red light district problem to get worse bcoz of pop increase, n more foreign workers n unmarried guys getting older who need instant campanions.
    It is dangerous to find that type of companions, don't play play er

Quote Originally Posted by irisng

, if they intend not to rent it out, the extra bedroom can use it as a guest room, study room or to get ready for the "little one" to join them.
    My belief is that this 2nd bedroom in such a small unit will be too small to serve the purpose of a guest room and baby room.

Study room, yes probably.
    Yes, for 2 person, the 2nd room is certainly useful...

But to plan to rent that out....

anyway its just my personal opinion. If they manage to make it work when they see the actual unit after TOP, then good for them.
    Last edited by Piglet; 05-03-12 at 20:54.

Geylang is worse than JB...

Foreign worker and maid found dead in Geylang hotel
    AsiaOne
    Monday, Mar 05, 2012
    http://www.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne%...05-331762.html

S'pore woman found dead in Geylang hotel
    The New Paper
    Sun, Jul 03, 2011
    http://www.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne+...01-287052.html

Quote Originally Posted by espeyap
    May be the living hall can be converted to another room and home office area as living hall.
    So at the end, 2 rooms + HO become 3 rooms MM.

Renting out 3 rooms MM can fetch higher rental yield...

See my new design...
    Attachment 3575