Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Guillemard Edge, Lor 30 Geylang, 275 units

Quote Originally Posted by Piglet
    Indeed, it is near impossible to find a 2 bedder for around 650k in current market.

I mentioned that at the price they paid for, they can get Bigger place.
    So , instead of a 2 bedder in a 560sq ft apartment, where the rooms are so small that makes living in it uncomfortable, why not go for a , say, 650 sq ft 1 bedder?

In this particular example, the buyer wants to Live-in AND rent out the 2nd room, which makes it a very bad idea IMO becasue the space is smply too small for that to work out. the 2nd bedroom will not be ale to serve its intended purpose at all.

So, if end of the day its just going to be a 2 of them, its not necessary to buy a 2 bedder already.
    A quick searh in property guru will show a some potentail resale units within that budget.
    ( of course location not so good la, so living space more imporant, or location more important? its buyer's choice la)

IF, they die die want to buy a 2 bedroom beasue they want to rent out one room, then too bad for them that they cannot afford a decent size one at curent market.
    Perhaps, such buyers should consider using the 3 years it takes for the project to TOP, to save more money to buy a more decent sized 2 bedder in the resale market in future....
    So where can we find a 650 sqft FH 1 bedder? Cause she did mention that FH was impt to them

One of the reasons for the purchase was this, quoting the post -

"4.have busstop nearby, and have direct bus (No70) only 10-20mins to my work place (Fuji Xerox building in Anson Road)"

Can wake up 8:40 and still make it to work around 9:15-ish. At this price/location, would be difficult to get FH, 2 bedder, etc ..

Quote Originally Posted by cmchong77
    One of the reasons for the purchase was this, quoting the post -

"4.have busstop nearby, and have direct bus (No70) only 10-20mins to my work place (Fuji Xerox building in Anson Road)"

Can wake up 8:40 and still make it to work around 9:15-ish. At this price/location, would be difficult to get FH, 2 bedder, etc ..
    Precisely my point, every families have their different profiles. Not everyone can afford to wait, not everyone can survive without the extra rental income etc. I know of 4 room HDB, owner stays in 1 and rent out 2 rooms. The tenants will have to share toilets as well.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    Geylang is worse than JB...

Foreign worker and maid found dead in Geylang hotel
    AsiaOne
    Monday, Mar 05, 2012
    http://www.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne%...05-331762.html

S'pore woman found dead in Geylang hotel
    The New Paper
    Sun, Jul 03, 2011
    http://www.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne+...01-287052.html
    So does it mean that Singapore is worst than JB because Geylang is part of Singapore.

Quote Originally Posted by espeyap
    See my new design...
    Attachment 3575
    Wow, your design not bad er!

Quote Originally Posted by irisng
    So does it mean that Singapore is worst than JB because Geylang is part of Singapore.
    Overall it is better, but not at certain areas. Geylang is highlighted because it is an area under survellience yet crimes and fights flourish. The policemen also got attacked there before. I don't think it is a suitable area for families with young children or single ladies to stay.

Wow, your design not bad er!
    Impractical lah. Why is there a need to have so many balconies? 5 person staying and there is no proper dining and living room, and they have to share 1 toilet. Do the occupants still stay around and hide in the bombshelter if Singapore goes to war?

Overall it is better, but not at certain areas. Geylang is highlighted because it is an area under survellience yet crimes and fights flourish. The policemen also got attacked there before. I don't think it is a suitable area for families with young children or single ladies to stay.
    Oh, so what the MP is doing, why didn't they do something to improve it further?

Oh, so what the MP is doing, why didn't they do something to improve it further?
    I don't stay there nor planning to invest there within a 10-year horizon. It is up to the residents or investors to work things out with their MPs. But I don't think there is a solution.

Impractical lah. Why is there a need to have so many balconies? 5 person staying and there is no proper dining and living room, and they have to share 1 toilet. Do the occupants still stay around and hide in the bombshelter if Singapore goes to war?
    Haha, minimum renovation cost, maximize rental yield lar.
    Of course if i were to build the whole unit, No HS, lesser balcony.

Haha, minimum renovation cost, maximize rental yield lar.
    Of course if i were to build the whole unit, No HS, lesser balcony.
    Then u shd squeeze two double deck bed per room. Can collect $400 per worker to maximise rental yield.

Quote Originally Posted by price
    Congrats!! how old are you and ur hubby?
    I am 28 , my hubby 30+

Quote Originally Posted by GE Purchaser
    I am 28 , my hubby 30+
    So this is your first property in Singapore? Which stack you purchased? Pool facing?

May be the living hall can be converted to another room and home office area as living hall.
    So at the end, 2 rooms + HO become 3 rooms MM.

Renting out 3 rooms MM can fetch higher rental yield...
    when we look at the layout at showflat, this same idea just jump out and push us quicky made the purchase, i think home office could be used as a mini living room, we can internal decorate a wall in between living room and hom office, in this way will have 3 bedrooms: master + 2nd bedroom + reverted room and each rom have eperate balcony, i can put a mini sofa and mini coffee table in balcony for tenant reading or surfing internet

See my new design...
    Attachment 3575
    ur designed layout inspired me a lot~thanks

when we look at the layout at showflat, this same idea just jump out and push us quicky made the purchase, i think home office could be used as a mini living room, we can internal decorate a wall in between living room and hom office, in this way will have 3 bedrooms: master + 2nd bedroom + reverted room and each rom have eperate balcony, i can put a mini sofa and mini coffee table in balcony for tenant reading or surfing internet
    See my desgin for penthouse. Any comment? 1 bedder penthouse. Home office use as Living hall, and HS as study corner.
    Attachment 3589

2 bedrooms but only got 1 toilet really bothers me and make me feel a long time regret about the purchase, toilet to me is very important i only want to share with my family but it is impossible to refund the downpayment. i dont know. maybe i can convert the HS to 2nd toilet? dont know possible or not, i saw my relative in China they can convert any room to toilet or other function room. they even can cover the balcony and change it to a shower room.

To those give me some valuable advice friends, thank you for your sharing.

No place to store things should be not a problem as we have a 3 bedroom HDB (current living place), hubby may occasionally come to live in this new purchase condo as he also need to live for 1-2 days per week with his mum (mum alone living in 3 bedroom hdb). so, we can store things in old HDB.

2 bedrooms but only got 1 toilet really bothers me and make me feel a long time regret about the purchase, toilet to me is very important i only want to share with my family but it is impossible to refund the downpayment. i dont know. maybe i can convert the HS to 2nd toilet? dont know possible or not, i saw my relative in China they can convert any room to toilet or other function room. they even can cover the balcony and change it to a shower room.

To those give me some valuable advice friends, thank you for your sharing.

No place to store things should be not a problem as we have a 3 bedroom HDB (current living place), hubby may occasionally come to live in this new purchase condo as he also need to live for 1-2 days per week with his mum (mum alone living in 3 bedroom hdb). so, we can store things in old HDB.
    The contractor will need to dig out the tiles, put in water-proofing plus piping, and re-lay the tiles plus install ventilation. I don't think it will be cheap. Are you a local?

To those people who call us Ignorant. may i ask u a question: what kind of purchase could be considered as the best purchase in Singapore? can you recommend me a "Best" property project (still have showflat one) with central location/ freehold/ near underground MRT station/ near bus station/ near foodcourt and supermarket/ 2bedrooms / size above 800 sqf / two toilets/ full condo facilities/ good layout (square shape not crooked)/ good feng shui ,bed direction can be put facing east or north / good rent / last but most important price below SGD$700,000? can find one?

The contractor will need to dig out the tiles, put in water-proofing plus piping, and re-lay the tiles plus install ventilation. I don't think it will be cheap. Are you a local?
    so you mean it is possible to convert HS to Toilet right? no matter how troublesome and pricei will manage to make another toilet, i am only worrying whether it is allowed by developer. i have checked with sal staff they said impossible to change HS to toilet, so sad if that is true.

No, i am not a local, i am PR from China

so you mean it is possible to convert HS to Toilet right? no matter how troublesome and pricei will manage to make another toilet, i am only worrying whether it is allowed by developer. i have checked with sal staff they said impossible to change HS to toilet, so sad if that is true.

No, i am not a local, i am PR from China
    No harm trying different contractors, but I think it should be illegal, officially.

See my desgin for penthouse. Any comment? 1 bedder penthouse. Home office use as Living hall, and HS as study corner.
    Attachment 3589
    R u sure that is originally 1 bedder layout? i see 2 bedrooms though 2nd bedroom is a bit small. wow, , the layout is more reasonable and confortable. HS is looked so cute to be used as a study place. actually i prefer this no balcony layout, space is completely used. but i dont like penhouse, think about if rainny days, we need to move the bed to downstairs? if no need, how to cover? that will be horrible mess.

No harm trying different contractors, but I think it should be illegal, officially.
    Word of warning. Even if you manage to do it, lets say 10 yrs down the road you intend to sell it, you will need to revert it to original condition.

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    Word of warning. Even if you manage to do it, lets say 10 yrs down the road you intend to sell it, you will need to revert it to original condition.
    Yes, that's why it is illegal. I don't think the owner is planning to sell.

maybe you can recommend where to find a FH 650sqft 1 bedroom in OCR below $700k?

Will waiting 3 years guarantee me to buy a better decent size 2 bedroom in the future in OCR? Or will waiting 3 years result in me buying even smaller unit?

Quote Originally Posted by Piglet
    Indeed, it is near impossible to find a 2 bedder for around 650k in current market.

I mentioned that at the price they paid for, they can get Bigger place.
    So , instead of a 2 bedder in a 560sq ft apartment, where the rooms are so small that makes living in it uncomfortable, why not go for a , say, 650 sq ft 1 bedder?

In this particular example, the buyer wants to Live-in AND rent out the 2nd room, which makes it a very bad idea IMO becasue the space is smply too small for that to work out. the 2nd bedroom will not be ale to serve its intended purpose at all.

So, if end of the day its just going to be a 2 of them, its not necessary to buy a 2 bedder already.
    A quick searh in property guru will show a some potentail resale units within that budget.
    ( of course location not so good la, so living space more imporant, or location more important? its buyer's choice la)

IF, they die die want to buy a 2 bedroom beasue they want to rent out one room, then too bad for them that they cannot afford a decent size one at curent market.
    Perhaps, such buyers should consider using the 3 years it takes for the project to TOP, to save more money to buy a more decent sized 2 bedder in the resale market in future....

Quote Originally Posted by price
    Precisely my point, every families have their different profiles. Not everyone can afford to wait, not everyone can survive without the extra rental income etc. I know of 4 room HDB, owner stays in 1 and rent out 2 rooms. The tenants will have to share toilets as well.

Thank you brother or sister for your valuable remarks.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeeWee
    maybe you can recommend where to find a FH 650sqft 1 bedroom in OCR below $700k?

Will waiting 3 years guarantee me to buy a better decent size 2 bedroom in the future in OCR? Or will waiting 3 years result in me buying even smaller unit?
    Aiyo, Why you and Price so uptight and keep asking me to recommend FH 650sqft 1 bedroom?

I never did mention FH or LH in any of my post becasue I do not think its important for self stay. AGain, Personal opinion.

If FH is so important and buyer think its the best deal she can get then so be it.
    I am still free to give my opinion rite?

whether or not in after 3 years , with moe savings can get a better unit , Of course cannot be sure. I was just proposing one alternative consideration la.

Just that with a personal experience living in a 560sq ft unit, I am depressed by the fact that new deelopments now have come to this state. 560sq ft can queeze 2 bedrooms and 3 balconies...
    To me is very un(be)livable.

On a side note, I bought a 657sq ft 10year old apartment in D15 just last year at only 1kpsf. and yes its FH.
    So compared to new developements, I feel if one slowly look, sure can find a place eventually.
    No time to look? cannot wait? Ok lor , happy then buy lor.

To those people who call us Ignorant. may i ask u a question: what kind of purchase could be considered as the best purchase in Singapore? can you recommend me a "Best" property project (still have showflat one) with central location/ freehold/ near underground MRT station/ near bus station/ near foodcourt and supermarket/ 2bedrooms / size above 800 sqf / two toilets/ full condo facilities/ good layout (square shape not crooked)/ good feng shui ,bed direction can be put facing east or north / good rent / last but most important price below SGD$700,000? can find one?
    Just to clarify, I was not directing "ignorant buyers" to you. in case u are offended, I apologise.

U want all these things, below 700k of course don't have la.
    So if you believe you got the best deal you can get, and the small space does not bother you at all, Good for you!

Got HDB flat will make things so much better.

When the porject TOP and this forum still active, Do come back and share with us your Joy of moving to this new place and being a happy landlord!!!

All the best!

I reckon 560ft for 2 beds with 1 bath, still ok.

This one 603ft for 3 beds and 2 baths more power!

http://www.newlaunchsingapore.com/di...pe-telok-kurau