Page 1 of 13 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: Guillemard Edge, Lor 30 Geylang, 275 units

Default Guillemard Edge, Lor 30 Geylang, 275 units

New Launch Guillemard Edge at District 14 Freehold Development From $4xxk Only Call xxxxxxxx to Register For VIP Preview Now.

Guillemard Edge modern contemporary façade is distinctively unique, distinguishing itself from others. Making it an exclusively one-of-its-kind development to call your own. Be dazzled by the magnificent skyline amidst the backdrop of the spectacular city lights at Guillemard Edge Whilst soaked in the surroundings of delectable local cuisine and a ten minutes drive to the city, you’ll enjoy being quietly tucked away in the exclusivity and privacy of your lush dwellings.

Project Details :

Project Name : Guillemard Edge

Description : Propose Erection of 8 Storey Residential Flat With Roof Terrace ( Total 275 units )

District : 14

Site Area : 49,028 Sqft

Tenure : Freehold

T O P : 2017

Recreational Facilities : Swimming Pool , Common Jacuzzi , Gymnasium , BBQ Area , Massage Corner , Outdoor Dinning and Pool Deck / Terrace

Unit Mix :

1 + Home Office – 409 Sqft - 517 sqft = 157 units

2 + Home Office – 549 – 560 sqft = 40 units

2 Bedroom – 474 - 721 sqft = 35 units

Penthouses :
    1 + Home Office Penthouse - 775 – 1001 sqft = 29 units

2 + Home Office Penthouse – 1033 – 1550 sqft = 7 units

2 Bedroom Penthouse – 1087 sqft = 7 units

Total Units : 275 units

Call Guillemard Edge Sales Booking Hotline xxxxxxxx to Register For VIP Preview Now

Anyone have any comment about this Project? Understand, more than 50% sold during the VVIP.

Two words. So craMMed.

Lorong 30 is not too far from Lorong 20. Someone got slashed on the head at Lorong 20 last week and died. A bit worried that they may mistakenly killed someone. Not safe to stay here.

Any idea what type of customer are the developer target at?

For Investment -Rental????
    For Own Stay -

Local -
    Foreigner -

Any potential in Rental market @ this area? I mean in 2015 when so many of these similar projects completed.

The entire Geylang is filled up with these kinda projects. Though this particular one is the biggest and has the most facilities. I feel the odd numbered lorongs nearer to Paya lebar has better potential. e.g. Dweave on 39 etc.

Hi,

I have been reading in this forum recently and so far have yet to see very positive comments regarding anything.

Like to ask, what is everyone ideal development, pricing and layout? What is a fair price you consider to buy a property at certain location? Because I traced as far back as 2009 and everyone still commenting prices are high and units are small

Does the vast majority here invest in property? If yes, which is the most acceptable development or project one has seen with decent price?

Sorry for this post but just curious as Im a newb just starting looking in property market

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ZeeWee
    Hi,

I have been reading in this forum recently and so far have yet to see very positive comments regarding anything.

Like to ask, what is everyone ideal development, pricing and layout? What is a fair price you consider to buy a property at certain location? Because I traced as far back as 2009 and everyone still commenting prices are high and units are small

Does the vast majority here invest in property? If yes, which is the most acceptable development or project one has seen with decent price?

Sorry for this post but just curious as Im a newb just starting looking in property market

Thanks
    Everyone with different profiles, background, financial ability will suit different developments. There's no 1 development that suits everyone. Even for the best ideal project, there will be people who thinks differently.

A few usual questions to ask yourself is:

What is your purpose? this determine the size, TOP date etc. i.e. if u need to settle down ASAP you can't afford to buy a newly launch large scale project.

Then comes, budget (financial background), personal preference on location etc. etc. Again, it differs if your purpose was to invest vs own stay.

Every "want" will be offset by certain cons. e.g. if you want the best deal, Freehold, near MRT, Huge size, many amenities, good proximity to town. How can it come cheap?

Dear n00b Zee, you should consider yourself lucky to find this forum where people say it as it is without sugar coating comments. That way you get the real deal of facts and what people actually think with their head and feel in their hearts and not with their asses. for me, despite my nick i will bash certain MM projects which are crap afterall and comment well on some good, deserving condo projects. But everyone has their thinking and some has hidden agenda so always take with packet of salt.

not a fan of project in the area, but the name of the project is nice but misleading, more like Geylang Edge. Good job by developer to mask it with Guillemard Edge and classy pictures on http://www.the-guillemard-edge.com/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by land118
    not a fan of project in the area, but the name of the project is nice but misleading, more like Geylang Edge. Good job by developer to mask it with Guillemard Edge and classy pictures on http://www.the-guillemard-edge.com/index.html
    Lets see if the project turns out as nice as it is made out to be. The birds eye view of rooftop of this project probably full of laundry and bedding being sunned rather than nice outdoor dining and lounging furniture and cushions and plants...

Compare between Watertown and Guillemard Edge, which one is worth investment?

Any advise ???? If my budget of investment is around 650k.

Quote Originally Posted by espeyap

I Doubt u can afford anything from watertown now. Suites are all sold out!

Since its for investment, how long is ur investment horizon

Quote Originally Posted by ZeeWee
    Hi,

Thanks
    Try to pronounced the condo name you intend to buy to TAXI driver and if the Taxi driver don't understand or you can't pronounced it better look for the next condo.

I got hard time teaching my wife how to pronounced Terrasse although she have been staying in France since march 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcachon
    Try to pronounced the condo name you intend to buy to TAXI driver and if the Taxi driver don't understand or you can't pronounced it better look for the next condo.

I got hard time teaching my wife how to pronounced Terrasse although she have been staying in France since march 2007.
    Is it not ter-ah-say? Like terrazzo tiles

Today newspaper adverstise about the Guillemard Edge, officially launch and already sold 160 units during the VVIP. They did quite qell ya.....

Seems like the demand is very strong and CM impact is noticeable at all.....

Today newspaper adverstise about the Guillemard Edge, officially launch and already sold 160 units during the VVIP. They did quite qell ya.....

Seems like the demand is very strong and CM impact is noticeable at all.....
    How much is psf?

Quote Originally Posted by irisng
    How much is psf?
    Not sure. Should be around 1,100 psf to 1,300 psf

Smaller units around 12xxpsf.

Almost fully sold. Lure of 5xxk quantum again.

I will choose GE between the two.

Doesnt mean i am encouraging you to invest.

Pass by GE this morning at around 11am, saw quite a number of cars there. Happen to see a family came out from the car, one of them is a woman aged about 60 to 70+.

The leader for the week was Macly Group's Guillemard Edge near Dakota MRT station, which recorded more than 230 sales. Units in the 275-unit project were priced between $1,150 per sq ft (psf) and $1,250 psf.
    More than half of the units were one-bedders of around 409 sq ft with a price tag of about $500,000.

Originally wanted to put just :-) but post too short...

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    The leader for the week was Macly Group's Guillemard Edge near Dakota MRT station, which recorded more than 230 sales. Units in the 275-unit project were priced between $1,150 per sq ft (psf) and $1,250 psf.
    More than half of the units were one-bedders of around 409 sq ft with a price tag of about $500,000.
    Anyone from this forum invest in GE?????

Seems like this is one of the most popular launch this month in D14.

Anyone from this forum invest in GE?????

Seems like this is one of the most popular launch this month in D14.
    What makes this project popular is that they are projecting a rental yield of 5-6% (abt 3,5k-4k per mth after TOP for their 1-2 bed room units (no 3 rooms apts). It's amazing how fast the units are shrinking. The 2 rm apt is about 700 sq ft only compared to the once usual size of 850-950 sq ft.

Quote Originally Posted by Daredevil
    What makes this project popular is that they are projecting a rental yield of 5-6% (abt 3,5k-4k per mth after TOP for their 1-2 bed room units (no 3 rooms apts). It's amazing how fast the units are shrinking. The 2 rm apt is about 700 sq ft only compared to the once usual size of 850-950 sq ft.
    Rental yield of 5-6%?
    3.5k for 1 bedder????
    Unbelieveable.......

3.5k for 2 bedder still possible ya....

Quote Originally Posted by Daredevil
    Can use dakota residence as a benchmark for rental.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    2 bedder at Dakota is much bigger as compare to MM at GE...
    Very difficult to use that as benchmark.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    I just rented out my unit at Atrium Residences for 3.9k/mth, up by 1k from my previous tenant.

From my experience, the agents tend to exaggerate the rental yield. But I think 3.5k possible in next 3 years for 2room. 1 rm should be closer to 2.5-3k but even so, the rental yield might be attractive

[quote=Daredevil]I just rented out my unit at Atrium Residences for 3.9k/mth, up by 1k from my previous tenant.

From my experience, the agents tend to exaggerate the rental yield. But I think 3.5k possible in next 3 years for 2room. 1 rm should be closer to 2.5-3k but even so, the rental yield might be attractive[/quote

3.9k for 2 bedder?