Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Tampines Trilliant (EC) - Sim Lian

Quote Originally Posted by latour
    if interest rate goes up to so high 2 things will happen - either S'pore economy is doing exceptionally veri well and all assets appreciate like mad, or garment and the banks are in deep deep trouble.
    I ain't an expert but just take a look at countries at Japan..Who would expects the Japanese's economy to be ..And their mortgage loan interest ain't that low either..

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    so wat? either buy in full cash or continue to rent like sissy B?
    Patience is virtue in this market sentiments..Some might disagree but I am ok.

Quote Originally Posted by birdies
    Down payment is one factor but interest rate? It is low now but who can tell in 2-3 years time?

1% interest on 1 million is $10K. Imagine 3-4% interest on 1 million can easily be $30-40K. I cannot imagine having monthly income not more than $12K and paying mortgage interest of $30-40K a year. OMG! Shivers...

If I am not wrong, the peak in interest rate is 8% easily!! Wow, then we will see a lot of force sell..!!
    Errr? Then when to buy? Low interest rate scared become high 1 day. High interest rate wait for low?

Quote Originally Posted by price
    Errr? Then when to buy? Low interest rate scared become high 1 day. High interest rate wait for low?
    exactly my point....

tats y i ask him how lor....

so scare den goto pay in full...but den $$ not enuff how? just keep renting like sissy B?

exactly my point....

tats y i ask him how lor....

so scare den goto pay in full...but den $$ not enuff how? just keep renting like sissy B?
    lol sissy B rents a place?

lol sissy B rents a place?
    he himself say one

Quote Originally Posted by basic
    tons in strait times classified & propertyguru....go & ask for it, you will get, 10-20%...
    I sold what I need to...only fools still keep now....in next 1-2 yrs, you will know....

he himself say one
    Actually i know a family of 5, sold their condo, moved into a relative's HDB hoping for price to drop. Now BTH liao cause everyday their kids kpkb. Grandma squeezing with 2 kids in 1 room.

But the sad thing is that now they can only afford a 2+1 bedder at a BUC condo. (previously sold a 4 bedder)

Actually i know a family of 5, sold their condo, moved into a relative's HDB hoping for price to drop. Now BTH liao cause everyday their kids kpkb. Grandma squeezing with 2 kids in 1 room.

But the sad thing is that now they can only afford a 2+1 bedder at a BUC condo. (previously sold a 4 bedder)
    I know of a few (some are fren's fren/relatives etc.) in same boat. I do know of one whom sold his 4rm HDB 2 year ago (cash out, and happy then) and wanting to buy back a 3rm flat (wait for price to drop. At about same area, downgrade etc.) but until now still have not buy becos 3rm resale price kept going up and now about the same price as what he sold his 4rm HDB 2 years ago.

In the meantime, he stay with his relative and was suppose to be for 6months only initially. This is sad...

Hi there, I think you get me wrong. In property market, it is easier to predict when is the lower trend to buy as compared to stock market which is why I am waiting..Patience is virtue..

However, the significant difference between stock and property is the cycles of ups and downs. The property market cycle is for sure longer than stock market and what I am saying is if we catch it now in the property market (likelyhood is we are at high), the bigger possibility is that when it dips, people with little holding power will be forced out of the market. The rich is of course ok..

Stock on the other hand is different. The cycle is shorter and likely for the cycle to goes up is much faster. That is to say if we catch it at a wrong timing, the bail out is faster..

I am also for one looking for one but now i am a little wary..

The biggest mistake for people who are in property now is the "greater fool theory"..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_fool_theory

Guys, I am not an expert in property market but just like to share my thoughts. For sure, I am a little bit too conservative but I think it pays off long run..

Do not shoot me hor..

Hi there, I think you get me wrong. In property market, it is easier to predict when is the lower trend to buy as compared to stock market which is why I am waiting..Patience is virtue..

However, the significant difference between stock and property is the cycles of ups and downs. The property market cycle is for sure longer than stock market and what I am saying is if we catch it now in the property market (likelyhood is we are at high), the bigger possibility is that when it dips, people with little holding power will be forced out of the market. The rich is of course ok..

Stock on the other hand is different. The cycle is shorter and likely for the cycle to goes up is much faster. That is to say if we catch it at a wrong timing, the bail out is faster..

The biggest mistake for people who are in property now is the "greater fool theory"..

Guys, I am not an expert in property market but just like to share my thoughts. For sure, I am a little bit too conservative but I think it pays off long run..

Do not shoot me hor..
    Yup, i'm sure everyone here understands this. But one thing no one knows is whether at this high, property prices will continue to rise. No one knows when will it fall. So your right, patience is virtue. Just don't miss the boat when its here!

Do not shoot me hor..
    The stock market, say the STI, can correct 50% very sharply - but your overall portfolio (if you have penny stocks for eg.) can crash 70%. Hard to believe (at this moment) ppty will follow that kind of correction. I still hold the view stock market has to crash before ppty prices follows any significant correction...

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikeu
    The stock market, say the STI, can correct 50% very sharply - but your overall portfolio (if you have penny stocks for eg.) can crash 70%. Hard to believe (at this moment) ppty will follow that kind of correction. I still hold the view stock market has to crash before ppty prices follows any significant correction...
    Yes, stock market gotta crash significantly and people have to start losing their jobs before the property market will fall drastically

Yup, i'm sure everyone here understands this. But one thing no one knows is whether at this high, property prices will continue to rise. No one knows when will it fall. So your right, patience is virtue. Just don't miss the boat when its here!
    Hello, I agreed that everyone understand this of course. No doubts about that..But the bigger issue is like I said in a post: it just strikes me now that there are a lot of great or FIRM believers in the greater fool theory in the property market..

It does not take long for one to realise that now the property market is at a record high..so the chances for it to come down is greater than going up..given what the sg. gov is trying to achieve..

Hello, sorry I may have confused some. What I am saying is the cycles of stock market is shorter than property. It takes a longer holding period in property market than in stock market. Especially now with the 4 years additional stamp duty for seller.

Tentency for people (who are getting into the property market now in a high trend) is they lose out in the longer term should the property market corrects itself. The 4 year holding period is crucial.. buy now, you also cannot sell within 4 years unless your nett profit after selling exceeds 16% in the first year, and subsequent to the relative % in the following years.

Hello, I agreed that everyone understand this of course. No doubts about that..But the bigger issue is like I said in a post: it just strikes me now that there are a lot of great or FIRM believers in the greater fool theory in the property market..

It does not take long for one to realise that now the property market is at a record high..so the chances for it to come down is greater than going up..given what the sg. gov is trying to achieve..
    I doubt that they are trying to bring it down. Maybe more of maintaining it. But yes i do agree that prices are all time high now. Perhaps today's high will be tomorrow's low.

Hello, sorry I may have confused some. What I am saying is the cycles of stock market is shorter than property. It takes a longer holding period in property market than in stock market. Especially now with the 4 years additional stamp duty for seller.

Tentency for people (who are getting into the property market now in a high trend) is they lose out in the longer term should the property market corrects itself. The 4 year holding period is crucial.. buy now, you also cannot sell within 4 years unless your nett profit after selling exceeds 16% in the first year, and subsequent to the relative % in the following years.
    As i hold the view that stock market has to crash before ppty prices will correct significantly, hence if the stock market did indeed crash, i will go into the stock market to pick up the blue chips instead of waiting for the ppty prices to fall. Hence if one choose to wait, he has the option to go into stock as well if both stock and ppty correct significantly.

I doubt that they are trying to bring it down. Maybe more of maintaining it. But yes i do agree that prices are all time high now. Perhaps today's high will be tomorrow's low.
    Yes, agreed that sg. gov is trying to maintain it but there are also a lot of external factors now that are worth considering..

I also want to point out ONE important factor. Affordabilty

I really wonder (apart from leveraging the current low interest rate), how are Singaporeans affording the current property prices? I could be wrong but doubts a lot of them are really in that "elite" force..

Of course, FTs are ok lah..but I am a true blue singaporean..

Yes, agreed that sg. gov is trying to maintain it but there are also a lot of external factors now that are worth considering..

I really wonder (apart from leveraging the current low interest rate), how are Singaporeans affording the current property prices? I could be wrong but doubts a lot of them are really in that "elite" force..

SG's middle income grp is huge. You'll be surprised by the amount of SGeans having spare cash in hundreds of thousands

Most probably they have one hdb fully paid... and with 5-10 years of savings, it should not be a problem to pay down 20% to upgrade to a condo.

You'll be surprised by the amount of SGeans having spare cash in hundreds of thousands
    Not me, i am not surprised.

Not me, i am not surprised.
    Yea me neither. I know of aunties and uncles who buys property with just a couple of years loan. They actually have more than enough to pay in cash if they want.

Yea me neither. I know of aunties and uncles who buys property with just a couple of years loan. They actually have more than enough to pay in cash if they want.
    I know of many people who can easily save cash $5k a month (=$300k in 5 years excluding bonus), and enough for the downpayment to buy a condo every 5 years (or less) or so.

SG's middle income grp is huge. You'll be surprised by the amount of SGeans having spare cash in hundreds of thousands
    Actually I am not surprised..maybe they are "peanuts"..

Actually I am not surprised..maybe they are "peanuts"..
    Precisely my point.

EC with most balance units.

153 sold in mar at 798psf median. 332 units to go.

Construction progress as of today for Tampines Trilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    EC with most balance units.

153 sold in mar at 798psf median. 332 units to go.

Anymore balance unit?
    What ia a good house?
    It is a good house as long as you love it

Quote Originally Posted by Good house
    Anymore balance unit?
    Don't think so there's any more balance units. Unless there's 1 or 2 units not approve by HDB or some loan matters else it's fully sold.

Any news of updated TOP date?

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Any news of updated TOP date?
    The official TOP date remain as 31 March 2015. From what i notice at the Trilliant construction site, the TOP date might be earlier.