Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tampines Trilliant (EC) - Sim Lian

Quote Originally Posted by pineapple
    if its a PC at that location. im sure its easily over 1kpsf le..
    From the map it doesn't look like a stone's throw away from tampines central ah?

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    From the map it doesn't look like a stone's throw away from tampines central ah?
    the new DT line is quite near though.. like 4-5mins walk.. and walk another 4-5 mins.. u hit central. pretty good location if you asked me.

Quote Originally Posted by pineapple
    the new DT line is quite near though.. like 4-5mins walk.. and walk another 4-5 mins.. u hit central. pretty good location if you asked me.
    So (4-5mins) + (4-5mins) = 8-10mins to central correct?

Quote Originally Posted by howgozit
    that about right.

Stack nearest to Tamp Central 7 side more worth the price
    the rest 780 psf - 850 psf think again. Pool so small, floorplan so much unused space, surrounded by many flats. Think again.
    Affordable means small

oh ok, didn't see the DT stations in the location maps on the agents' websites.

Wah just drove past trilliant the car park was so full and overspilled to the roads, until cars all park double yellow line, and LTA was there handing out summons it was a funny sight wanted to take photo but I was driving

Quote Originally Posted by Eastboy
    Wah just drove past trilliant the car park was so full and overspilled to the roads, until cars all park double yellow line, and LTA was there handing out summons it was a funny sight wanted to take photo but I was driving
    developers can handout summons disct, instead of furniture disct.

They hand out summons during Chinese new year??

From the nearest side gate of Trilliant, walking along the future road, its about 460m to DTL3's station and its 770m to EW line station by foot (assuming u walk along the main road).

EC's the way to go in uncertain times such as now...

Property developer Sim Lian’s latest executive condo (EC), The Tampines Trilliant, has seen strong interest with approximately 1,000 applications received for its 670 units when the application period closed on 31 January.

The news has come as a surprise to some, considering that prices for its four-bedder units start at a high price of S$971,000 each for 1,302 sq ft of living space; the price works out to around S$745 psf.

While the project’s location at Tampines Central is attractive, some potential upgraders have their reservations. 48-year-old personal assistant Diana Khoo, said, “It’s overpriced…I’d rather buy in the private market as there are fewer restrictions. The location is good but that doesn’t justify its pricing. Besides, Tampines is so crowded and congested – more so than some of the more mature estates.”

Business manager Jonathan Yap, 33, feels such a unit might be worth the price if it were the best accommodation one could find and if his workplace were in the area, more so if one could buy it for rental purposes. He said, “(As a) rule of thumb, monthly rental rate should cover outlay in 20 years. If an owner is considering (a unit costing) S$1 million, he needs to charge a S$4,200 monthly rent. If he can charge higher, it’s worth it.”

Still, the application rate indicates that a good number of buyers, whether or not they feel the price is justified, have decided to fork out cash for units at The Tampines Trilliant. PropertyGuru’s real estate analyst Tejaswi Chunduri said, “The demand for The Tampines Trilliant is expected to be strong due to the location.”

“Also, with the income ceiling for new ECs being reviewed, first-timers and other genuine home buyers who would otherwise go for mass market condominiums will now come back to public housing and ECs specifically which provide condominium-like facilities.”

“Moreover, ECs perfectly fit buyers who are ineligible to buy HDB flats due to the income ceiling but find private property too expensive. Generally, ECs are around 20 percent cheaper than mass market condominiums.”

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    EC's the way to go in uncertain times such as now...
    Agree,

With 4yrs SSD on private property, the 5yrs MOP for EC is hardly anything.

Agree,

With 4yrs SSD on private property, the 5yrs MOP for EC is hardly anything.

there is however a slight difference. assuming they take three year to complete. the 4 year SSD will end after 1 year of occupation i.e. 4 years from time of purchase.

but the 5 years MOP clock starts at TOP and would end only 8 years from the time of purchase.

for me 4 and 8 years is a very long time difference and the 5 years MOP from TOP is a big factor i think people should consider seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    there is however a slight difference. assuming they take three year to complete. the 4 year SSD will end after 1 year of occupation i.e. 4 years from time of purchase.

but the 5 years MOP clock starts at TOP and would end only 8 years from the time of purchase.

for me 4 and 8 years is a very long time difference and the 5 years MOP from TOP is a big factor i think people should consider seriously.
    EC is mainly for own stay and not for investment purpose (at least not on short run basis). Definitely for those who committing should be prepared to stay min 5 yrs since its just a higher class of HDB....

Quote Originally Posted by forte
    EC is mainly for own stay and not for investment purpose (at least not on short run basis). Definitely for those who committing should be prepared to stay min 5 yrs since its just a higher class of HDB....
    IMO ECs shld have a MOP of 10 yrs!

according to sim lian's press release, 149 sold so far.

but they divert attention to say 2/3 of penthouses sold.

http://info.sgx.com/webcoranncatth.n...df?openelement

Quote Originally Posted by Eastboy
    IMO ECs shld have a MOP of 10 yrs!
    Yes... EC is definitely going to be privatized while privatization for HDB is remote. Buyers of ECs have that guarantee that their properties can be easily sold to foreigners and that brings about an additional tier of price appreciation as compared with BTO projects. Maybe 8 years MOP?

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    according to sim lian's press release, 149 sold so far.

but they divert attention to say 2/3 of penthouses sold.

http://info.sgx.com/webcoranncatth.n...df?openelement
    So those 2000+ applicants only joined the queue for hello kitty? I suspect many are 2nd timers with spare cash from impending sales of their HDB but coz of quota kanna balloted out? My colleague failed in his ballot coz he's 2nd timer!

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    So those 2000+ applicants only joined the queue for hello kitty? I suspect many are 2nd timers with spare cash from impending sales of their HDB but coz of quota kanna balloted out? My colleague failed in his ballot coz he's 2nd timer!
    Confirm second timer.same case as rain forest, my friend first timer bot one unit told me more than half of the crowd cleared when announce quota hit. 2nd timer has deep pockets.

its about 1000 appkicants. ard 60% are 2nd timer it seems.

Default Residents of the Tampines Trilliant

Friends or future neighbours who have just bought a unit at The Tampines Trillliant.

Please feel free to join the FB group: Residents of the Tampines Trilliant
    We will discuss the various matters related to the project itself.At the moment the group is not fully populated, but I am sure it will be soon.

See you there!

buyer of Trilliant. please share what is the best loan package being offered to you. thanks.

Just went there this afternoon, only few cars and I believe we are one of the two families looking..

OMG! All the PH are sold..at $1.1M to $1.4M and with household income maxing out at $12K, I think Singaporean are going to slog their life off paying off the mortgages..

Quote Originally Posted by birdies
    Just went there this afternoon, only few cars and I believe we are one of the two families looking..

OMG! All the PH are sold..at $1.1M to $1.4M and with household income maxing out at $12K, I think Singaporean are going to slog their life off paying off the mortgages..

No need worry for them, I join the Trilliant facebook group to kaypoh.. its sup sup water for them. In one of the group chat, I overheard one of them casually saying, ah yah top up 200k more only can upgrade PH liao. Pple so guailan 200k no sweat, why need to care they slogging or not?

Quote Originally Posted by dtrax
    No need worry for them, I join the Trilliant facebook group to kaypoh.. its sup sup water for them. In one of the group chat, I overheard one of them casually saying, ah yah top up 200k more only can upgrade PH liao. Pple so guailan 200k no sweat, why need to care they slogging or not?
    Aiya mostly use parent's $$ 1 lar. I got so many young couple friends Parents easily take out 200k for their down payment.

Think one of the reasons the Tampines Trilliant Penthouses were sold out is that the layout of the penthouses of this EC is different from the other ECs (and some other PCs too) - there are bedrooms on the upper floor, unlike other penthouses (ECs in particular) where the upper floor is just the roof terrace.

You can see the penthouse floor plans here:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...2050391&type=3

Wonder how many of these were bought by 2nd timers - they would be more able to afford the penthouses assuming that they can sell off their HDB flats at a good price.

Down payment is one factor but interest rate? It is low now but who can tell in 2-3 years time?

1% interest on 1 million is $10K. Imagine 3-4% interest on 1 million can easily be $30-40K. I cannot imagine having monthly income not more than $12K and paying mortgage interest of $30-40K a year. OMG! Shivers...

If I am not wrong, the peak in interest rate is 8% easily!! Wow, then we will see a lot of force sell..!!

Quote Originally Posted by price
    Aiya mostly use parent's $$ 1 lar. I got so many young couple friends Parents easily take out 200k for their down payment.

Down payment is one factor but interest rate? It is low now but who can tell in 2-3 years time?

1% interest on 1 million is $10K. Imagine 3-4% interest on 1 million can easily be $30-40K. I cannot imagine having monthly income not more than $12K and paying mortgage interest of $30-40K a year. OMG! Shivers...

If I am not wrong, the peak in interest rate is 8% easily!! Wow, then we will see a lot of force sell..!!
    if interest rate goes up to so high 2 things will happen - either S'pore economy is doing exceptionally veri well and all assets appreciate like mad, or garment and the banks are in deep deep trouble.

so wat? either buy in full cash or continue to rent like sissy B?