Thread: Looking for a place near school

Default Looking for a place near school

Hi all I'm new here.

I'm looking for a 3bdrm unit near NHPS for own stay now and also hoping to rent it out in future (if I move back to my HDB which is a bit far fom NHPS).

Was checking Regent Park but psf is quite high at above $900. I have a small budget of $900k and 3bdrm seems impossible to get for my budget.

I hope experts here can give me some advice and good recommendations pls.

New launches coming up to push up psf in that area. Stretch a bit.

http://www.elite.com.sg/128806.page

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    New launches coming up to push up psf in that area. Stretch a bit.

http://www.elite.com.sg/128806.page
    By 'stretch a bit' do you mean I have to up my budget?

Pls pardon my ignorance, with new launches and more supply in that area, why will psf go up?

Can anyone with a unit there pls share your opinion of the place?

Thanks in advance.

In Singapore context, private properties supply increase, prices will go up in the short run as developers will definitely price new properties at a premium to the surrounding older properties. So if everybody rush to the new dev as u can see from the watertown, do u think the old property owners will reduce their asking price. textbook economic theories only works in the long run. Give it five years and prices might dip. You might wanna take a look then.

Quote Originally Posted by kitkit

Pls pardon my ignorance, with new launches and more supply in that area, why will psf go up?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks in advance.
    Note that condo supply in that area near NHPS is low to begin with. High land price usually means high launch price. Just take a look at the recent caveats for condos in that area to have a better feel of the psf.

Quote Originally Posted by eminor82
    In Singapore context, private properties supply increase, prices will go up in the short run as developers will definitely price new properties at a premium to the surrounding older properties. So if everybody rush to the new dev as u can see from the watertown, do u think the old property owners will reduce their asking price. textbook economic theories only works in the long run. Give it five years and prices might dip. You might wanna take a look then.
    Yes, resales are taking a hit but new launches like watertown are scaling greater heights.

Think u have only 3 options. Sell your hdb so u will have higher budget, realise your dream faster. Alternatively, wait til the price drop to your budget if u die die want to hold on to hdb. How long the wait no one can know for sure. Or sell your hdb, downgrade to a smaller one near the school, get some cash, save up another 5 yrs during mop, by then maybe swee swee price soften, grab your 3 bedders, rent out your hdb. I think in the short run, price movement will not be huge. Bottomline is, do not over stretch. Must prepare for the worst and see if u have holding power for two properties during downturn.

Quote Originally Posted by Montaigne
    Think u have only 3 options. Sell your hdb so u will have higher budget, realise your dream faster. Alternatively, wait til the price drop to your budget if u die die want to hold on to hdb. How long the wait no one can know for sure. Or sell your hdb, downgrade to a smaller one near the school, get some cash, save up another 5 yrs during mop, by then maybe swee swee price soften, grab your 3 bedders, rent out your hdb. I think in the short run, price movement will not be huge. Bottomline is, do not over stretch. Must prepare for the worst and see if u have holding power for two properties during downturn.
    Not advisable to sell the HDB. Just change the target school. Waiting for firesales? Note the owners there bought at low prices.

Buy smaller unit I.e 2 bedroom if you just need the address to enroll your kid into the school.

Not advisable to sell the HDB. Just change the target school. Waiting for firesales? Note the owners there bought at low prices.

Thank you everyone for your kind input.

I can't change target school cos my child is currently in the school (just transferred there this year, now P4) but need to wake up very early to catch school bus, and will come back quite late cos will be the last to get off the school bus.

So just thinking if can move nearer at the same times invest in a property for some capital appreciation in the long run.

Not thinking of selling our current 5 rm hdb. We like our current place but it's just a bit far from NHPS. Our current hdb has also been recently fully paid.

Btw what is firesale? Pai seh, I'm new to such terms

Btw what is firesale? Pai seh, I'm new to such terms
    firesale means quick sale or urgent sale.

However, this term had been misused oftenly.

this is the official meaning:
    A fire sale is the sale of goods at extremely discounted prices, typically when the seller faces bankruptcy or other impending distress. The term originated in reference to the sale of goods at a heavy discount due to fire damage. A fire sale may or may not be a closeout, the final sale of goods to zero inventory.

Hi all I'm new here.

I'm looking for a 3bdrm unit near NHPS for own stay now and also hoping to rent it out in future (if I move back to my HDB which is a bit far fom NHPS).

Was checking Regent Park but psf is quite high at above $900. I have a small budget of $900k and 3bdrm seems impossible to get for my budget.

I hope experts here can give me some advice and good recommendations pls.
    Maybe , if for only 3 more years to end of p3. U may want to consider rental and stay in. At the same rent out ur existing unit to cover the rental diff.

There no perfect solution.....alway give and take

well one possibility is for you to rent out your hdb (with hdb's approval of course) and rent park west. not sure what is the rental for park west now though.

Clementi is a "tertiary student" town: NUS, SIM, SIT (within SP and NP), SP, NP etc. All five institutions are expanding their intake. It is beneficial to have a house there because the chances of your children studying in one of the schools there are high.

Clementi is a "tertiary student" town: NUS, SIM, SIT (within SP and NP), SP, NP etc. All five institutions are expanding their intake. It is beneficial to have a house there because the chances of your children studying in one of the schools there are high.
    What other condo units will be considered good investments (near NHPS of course) given my limited budget?

Anyone knows much about regent park to share your opinion pls?

Thanks in advance.

You may be looking at $1400 psf (999LH) for the Hong Leong Gardens shopping center launch around Q2 this year, and $1200 psf for the new 99LH plot next to Regent Park around Q3 this year.
    http://www.h88.com.sg/article/Clemen...ing+new+condo/

Closest is caspian TOP in a few months' time
    http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...r-sale-caspian

Best option is to rent if you are not willing to stretch.

You may be looking at $1400 psf (999LH) for the Hong Leong Gardens shopping center launch around Q2 this year, and $1200 psf for the new 99LH plot next to Regent Park around Q3 this year.
    http://www.h88.com.sg/article/Clemen...ing+new+condo/

Closest is caspian TOP in a few months' time
    http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...r-sale-caspian

Best option is to rent if you are not willing to stretch.
    S$1,400 psf I cannot afford lah.. Is this the Hundred Trees project?

Which project is the one next to Regent Park?

S$1,400 psf I cannot afford lah.. Is this the Hundred Trees project?

Which project is the one next to Regent Park?
    HT is $1100 psf. Heard from agent that the plot next to HT will be MM, launching from (?!) $1400 psf.

A new 99LH plot at beside NHPS. I guess it will be around $1200 psf.

EC Trivelis is good, but you may not qualify and should have been sold out by now.

HT is $1100 psf. Heard from agent that the plot next to HT will be MM, launching from (?!) $1400 psf.

A new 99LH plot at beside NHPS. I guess it will be around $1200 psf.

EC Trivelis is good, but you may not qualify and should have been sold out by now.

Err pardon my ignorance again, what is MM?

I'm also considering if we can squeeze into a 2 bdrm (I hv 2 kids and 1 maid). At the same time stretch my budget a bit more to 1mil and consider other projects around the vicinity like Monterey, Infiniti, Botannia etc (provided can afford)?

But Regent Park is still the nearest to the school among all..

Err pardon my ignorance again, what is MM?

I'm also considering if we can squeeze into a 2 bdrm (I hv 2 kids and 1 maid). At the same time stretch my budget a bit more to 1mil and consider other projects around the vicinity like Monterey, Infiniti, Botannia etc (provided can afford)?

But Regent Park is still the nearest to the school among all..
    2 bedder for 1mil? That is too EX.... 1 mil should be your budget for 3 bedders! MM means mickey mouse units, small units. 2 bedder means your 2 kids have to squeeze one room with maid?

Quote Originally Posted by Montaigne
    2 bedder for 1mil? That is too EX.... 1 mil should be your budget for 3 bedders! MM means mickey mouse units, small units. 2 bedder means your 2 kids have to squeeze one room with maid?
    Not sure about the market conditions around district 5 but 1.3mil can probably get you a 2 bedder.

There seems to be this thought that prices will drop by 40% soon, so why don't you wait out? Perhaps you can get your 2-bedder for only 400k? (if what the people here at the forum say is true).