Page 51 of 79 FirstFirst ... 2126313641464748495051525354555661667176 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,530 of 2343

Thread: Sky Habitat - Bishan

Quote Originally Posted by b13boy
    SH is for SH
    developer out bidded everyone with out of this world price with based price of 8xx psf (quoted from H88) of course they need to sell you the out of this world price.

for own stay, nothing to argue, prospective can pay whatever price they want to, including a ridiculous one

For investment, this is a no brainer.
    Can't help feeling that if buy SH, you are paying for Capland's mistake. Only outside may look nice to some, but inside all same same lah, no different from any run of the mill condo.

Quote Originally Posted by Juniper
    what about new release? anymore good facing?
    The agent on site said all units were released and he was ready to quote for any unit with his thick wag of price list, so it is quite confusing why the media reported only 180units were released.

Quote Originally Posted by fclim
    Can't help feeling that if buy SH, you are paying for Capland's mistake. Only outside may look nice to some, but inside all same same lah, no different from any run of the mill condo.
    only time will tell....my thinking is that when mr mosquito...oops sorry i think mr moshdie....the designer finally leaves this world...his works of art will appreciate...like Mona Lisa painting...

Wont that void developer's warranty of defects?
    Imagine the whole estate busy with renovation work after collecting keys!
    Like HDB, no?

Quite subjective really. I have walked before. About 11 to 13 mins. My friend who lives in the HDBs at Lor Ah Soo says he walks to Nex all the time. For some people, even 50m walk to the car park is considered far.
    Walk in office attire or T-shirt with short? Rain, sunny or gloomy? You get what I mean
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Not just the physical aspect of it. You also need to factor in the type of community. I am sure for HDB dwellers who bought a place there will invite their ah gong ah mah, ah gou ah yee, ah tee ah hiah to come use their condo facilities, turning the place into a weekend country club.

Actually I don't like the "step" design because it obstructs the view from the units above. The units below also act as collection of rubbish from units above.

So high/mid floor units can only look "outwards" at the sky because if they look down, they will only see the balcony of the units below. And considering the "step" structure extended so far outwards, the high floor units will be looking down at 20 different concrete balconies with laundry. Sian.

And by the time this thing completes, the following MRT lines will be completed

DTL 2 - bukit timah and upper bukit timah
    DTL 3 - bedok reservoir
    TL - Thomson and Upper Thomson

All 3 above are locations nearer nature, greenery, reservoirs and exclusively private. Bishan central is neither here nor there. Neither very comforting heartlander like Toa Payoh or AMK, nor feels very laid back or exclusive. It's like a more "clinical" HDB heartland town without the heart.

Quote Originally Posted by b13boy
    SH is for SH
    developer out bidded everyone with out of this world price with based price of 8xx psf (quoted from H88) of course they need to sell you the out of this world price.

for own stay, nothing to argue, prospective can pay whatever price they want to, including a ridiculous one

For investment, this is a no brainer.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosegarden
    The agent on site said all units were released and he was ready to quote for any unit with his thick wag of price list, so it is quite confusing why the media reported only 180units were released.

What the media says is what developer tell them... developer will surely say only 180 units released, in case take up is not too strong. However, if a buyer steps in and say he wants to buy from that stack which is not released, price list is already available and transaction can be made easily.

Not just the physical aspect of it. You also need to factor in the type of community. I am sure for HDB dwellers who bought a place there will invite their ah gong ah mah, ah gou ah yee, ah tee ah hiah to come use their condo facilities, turning the place into a weekend country club.
    You sounded like stalingrad
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    I beg to differ. You must take in CM4-CM5 into consideration. If not because of all the CMs, they would have sold 200+ units .... they can sell 120+ units in 2d despite 4y SSD + ABSD @ record psf is considered very good performance already ... don't forget that foreigners ABSD is 10%
    If the profile of buyers is truely HDB upgraders buying for their own residence, 4y SSD + ABSD probably is not a major consideration.

now can buy any unit u want from SH but discount drop to 2% instead of 3%.. and very soon not even 2%..

You sounded like stalingrad
    just because I am teochew?

Quote Originally Posted by kal
    now can buy any unit u want from SH but discount drop to 2% instead of 3%.. and very soon not even 2%..
    same pattern as flamingo valley 9-8-7%...

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    only time will tell....my thinking is that when mr mosquito...oops sorry i think mr moshdie....the designer finally leaves this world...his works of art will appreciate...like Mona Lisa painting...

You could be right and KBW might just build HDB flats around SH and use that as viewing gallery to appreciate Mona lise.

Not bad right? promote art in heartland.

if most of the buyers are HDB upgraders, it just goes to show that there's lots of hidden dragons and crouching tigers amongst those in the heartlands. it's no joke forking out that SkyHigh kind of psf for a suburban condo

on a side note, the design reminds of me terrace rice padis

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    Actually I don't like the "step" design because it obstructs the view from the units above. The units below also act as collection of rubbish from units above.

So high/mid floor units can only look "outwards" at the sky because if they look down, they will only see the balcony of the units below. And considering the "step" structure extended so far outwards, the high floor units will be looking down at 20 different concrete balconies with laundry. Sian.

And by the time this thing completes, the following MRT lines will be completed

DTL 2 - bukit timah and upper bukit timah
    DTL 3 - bedok reservoir
    TL - Thomson and Upper Thomson

All 3 above are locations nearer nature, greenery, reservoirs and exclusively private. Bishan central is neither here nor there. Neither very comforting heartlander like Toa Payoh or AMK, nor feels very laid back or exclusive. It's like a more "clinical" HDB heartland town without the heart.
    Agree with all of the above.

That's why the sales of Thomson Grand have been quietly doing well. SH has given a boost to TG.

Imagine all the cigarette butts dropping down onto your balcony from above with the step design. It might work in Western countries where perhaps ppl are more civic-minded but not in SG unless there's a quantum leap in attitude. I have an enclosed balcony in my condo and there's still cigarette butts appearing on the sill. This is despite the security going round personally to each unit to knock on the door and remind the occupants not to throw cigarette butts off the balconies.

Ya lor.. only time will tell... But hor, must wait 500 years to appreciate, like Mona Lisa painting... By then, lease run out liao..

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    .... And considering the "step" structure extended so far outwards, the high floor units will be looking down at 20 different concrete balconies with laundry. Sian.....
    Due to the large balconies + small service yard + aversion to dryers ... this is a distinct possibility.

Ya lor.. only time will tell... But hor, must wait 500 years to appreciate, like Mona Lisa painting... By then, lease run out liao..
    lease run out nebermind...the buyer also up the lorry...

Walk in office attire or T-shirt with short? Rain, sunny or gloomy? You get what I mean
    That's why I said subjective. But, it is not completely unwalkable oso...

Due to the large balconies + small service yard + aversion to dryers ... this is a distinct possibility.
    Haha this is really funny...

I had the same mental picture too. Plus given singapore's weather, the white walls will soon have dark streaks in them. Give a totally different artist impression altogether.

But jokes aside, I do want SH to do well. It is a good market barometer of how much liquidity and bullishness there is in the local heartlands segment.

lease run out nebermind...the buyer also up the lorry...
    Read this. http://shanghaiist.com/2011/12/07/ch...haotianmen.php

Many copies of Mona Lisa around...

Quote Originally Posted by new2mondrian
    Haha this is really funny...

I had the same mental picture too. Plus given singapore's weather, the white walls will soon have dark streaks in them. Give a totally different artist impression altogether.

But jokes aside, I do want SH to do well. It is a good market barometer of how much liquidity and bullishness there is in the local heartlands segment.
    PAP is already shaken by recent suggestion to revamp low income wages to narrow income gap, do you think government will allow property prices to continue charging ahead?

No chance lah.

If they sold 70 units, they would say they launched only 100 units. If they managed to sell 140 units, they would say they launch only 200 units. They just want to make public that 70% of launched units sold. Another what we call facts but not real.

PAP is already shaken by recent suggestion to revamp low income wages to narrow income gap, do you think government will allow property prices to continue charging ahead?

No chance lah.
    the increase in property prices is somewhat beyond the control of local govt's grasp, due to the liquidity slush in the global markets. whilst i agree that they won't let prices charge ahead, i beg to question the ability to conjure more CMs without affecting the overall stance of welcoming FDIs and FTs.

Quite subjective really. I have walked before. About 11 to 13 mins. My friend who lives in the HDBs at Lor Ah Soo says he walks to Nex all the time. For some people, even 50m walk to the car park is considered far.
    IMO, as long as the walk is not more than 10 to 15 mins, it is okay. See it as an opportunity to exercise.

Of course as fclim pointed out, some people just don't like to walk. Remember in another posting someone remarked walking from one part of the MRT to another part of the MRT is troublesome.

Quote Originally Posted by chiaberry
    Agree with all of the above.

That's why the sales of Thomson Grand have been quietly doing well. SH has given a boost to TG.
    If strictly comparing between Cheung Kong's Thomson Grand and Sky Habitat.
    The choice is pretty obvious isn't it?
    Last edited by speculator; 16-04-12 at 11:29.

Quote Originally Posted by eng81157
    the increase in property prices is somewhat beyond the control of local govt's grasp, due to the liquidity slush in the global markets. whilst i agree that they won't let prices charge ahead, i beg to question the ability to conjure more CMs without affecting the overall stance of welcoming FDIs and FTs.
    Up the interest rate. period

i think i am getting SH high floor when price drops due to recession.
    a lot of downblouse opportunities if stay in high floor. can also know the colour of panties, be it SYT or MILF.
    This is a ++++ point for japanese men tenants.
    looking now for telescope that can point below horizon

Quote Originally Posted by Leeds
    If they sold 70 units, they would say they launched only 100 units. If they managed to sell 140 units, they would say they launch only 200 units. They just want to make public that 70% of launched units sold. Another what we call facts but not real.
    Have we ever wonder why developers only announce the number of units launched after they know the number of units sold? Alternatively, they may announce only a very small number of units to be launched so that they will get a very high percentage of unit sold.